• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What the fuck is wrong with our posters?

Sure I have. You're refusing to recognize it, not because it's not valid, but because your recognition of it completely defeats your argument's platform, as I pointed out earlier. So, in order to remain relevant in this debate and not "lose", you have to deny it, even when it's completely valid.
Oh, look. Slyfox is trying to bog someone down in the semantics of winning and losing an argument! Hope I don't fall for this trap and actually play along.

Uhh, we do. And since you signed up to post on these forums, where the rules have been very similar, if not more lax, since you first signed up, I suppose you do.
Well you're mistaken. Won't be the first time.

You say that, but I have a Slyfox696 true opinion on CM Punk which says otherwise. Not only did I get many reps for the one post I made in the thread, there were also many others which referenced the opening post.
Not everyone gets to make an event out of their opinion on something that's already a matter of discussion in other mega-merged threads. Trust me, Coco's True Opinion Of John Cena is getting locked faster than you can say Redundant Nonsense. Now for everyone else who has to play by the rules, OPs certainly aren't having that kind of impact.

Perhaps if more people would put effort into an opening post, less people would post in a vacuum. I mean, seriously, how many different ways can you defeat your own position?
Oh, look. Slyfox is trying to bog someone down in the semantics of winning and losing an argument! Hope I don't fall for this trap and actually play along.

But Sly, don't you see? The point is... he has no point.

His point is he wants the forum to no longer have a Wrestling Spam Zone, and let all wrestling sections be a spam zone. He wants to be able to post quick little one-line quips, without worrying about being Disciplined.

I understand that thinking, when I first got here, I thought the same way. But I think we have a comfortable compromise between the spam rules when I first got here, and the free for all which existed before the extremely strict spam rules were first implemented. When I got here, if you didn't post a couple sentence paragraph, then your post was automatically considered spam.

Good thing. I wasn't say that, either.

I'm glad that it took me over 90 posts to realize that you missed my point completely.
No. I got the point. You want to ask a bunch of questions to drive discussion in opening posts and weed out all one word/line/emoticon posts, making the forum a perfect haven of intellectualism and thought provoking discussion. Failing, of course, to realize this is a professional wrestling discussion forum.

I definitely got it.

Well you're mistaken. Won't be the first time.

Not everyone gets to make an event out of their opinion on something that's already a matter of discussion in other mega-merged threads. Trust me, Coco's True Opinion Of John Cena is getting locked faster than you can say Redundant Nonsense. Now for everyone else who has to play by the rules, OPs certainly aren't having that kind of impact.

And here you go trying to re-frame the discussion once more. What's the matter, Coco, you can't intelligently debate this topic anymore because you've realized no matter how you try to spin it, your point looks silly?

His point is he wants the forum to no longer have a Wrestling Spam Zone, and let all wrestling sections be a spam zone. He wants to be able to post quick little one-line quips, without worrying about being Disciplined.

I understand that thinking, when I first got here, I thought the same way. But I think we have a comfortable compromise between the spam rules when I first got here, and the free for all which existed before the extremely strict spam rules were first implemented. When I got here, if you didn't post a couple sentence paragraph, then your post was automatically considered spam.

Actually, I just see the point changing every 10 minutes as it adapts to all of the arguments against it.

Uh, this entire conversation is stupid. Much like Mick Foley at ONS 05, I have friends on both sides of this thing. However, unlike Mick Foley at ONS 05, I have no interest in watching you fight any further.

And here you go trying to re-frame the discussion once more. What's the matter, Coco, you can't intelligently debate this topic anymore because you've realized no matter how you try to spin it, your point looks silly?
I guess you should be able to describe step for step what I'm doing. After all, I am following the Slyfox696 Rules Of Engagement. Now keep pointing out what I'm doing and re-framing the argument to secure whatever hollow victory it is you seek.

No. I got the point. You want to ask a bunch of questions to drive discussion in opening posts and weed out all one word/line/emoticon posts, making the forum a perfect haven of intellectualism and thought provoking discussion. Failing, of course, to realize this is a professional wrestling discussion forum.

I definitely got it.

I completely stand correctly. Thank you for FINALLY pointing out that you understand me. If you did this a while back, things would have went much smoother. See what happens when we all try to get along?

Actually, I just see the point changing every 10 minutes as it adapts to all of the arguments against it.

But his end game is what I said. He wants all sections to have the rules of the spam sections, for reasons mentioned.

But his end game is what I said. He wants all sections to have the rules of the spam sections, for reasons mentioned.
This is almost a valid point.

The actually point is that I'd like all sections to have the rules of spam sections so discussion can flow more naturally. Kind of like this

Indeed you are. Which makes a person wonder why you even bother, and not just admit what we all have pretty much realized at this point?
That we're blood relatives? That I'm the father that forced you into frequent arguments as a child? Fine, you caught me. Sly... I am your father.

Other sites, with no real guidelines to speak of, do not appeal to this guy.

CM Punk ownz!
Your stoopid! Cena owned that slimeball!

That isn't an exaggeration, in case anyone wanted to call bullshit.

Holding those people down doesn't bother me one bit. Plenty of online places for that kind of trash. I probably wouldn't still be here if it weren't for the rules in place.

Took long enough. Canadian, it would be helpful if you came quicker in future.

Nevermind.

This is almost a valid point.

The actually point is that I'd like all sections to have the rules of spam sections so discussion can flow more naturally. Kind of like this
And if there as a guarantee discussion would flow like this, I'd have no problem with it. However, this is what happens without spam rules.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=76

Who in the hell wants to post in that mess of stupidity? That's not a flow of discussion, that's just nonsense which makes my head hurt.

And if there as a guarantee discussion would flow like this, I'd have no problem with it. However, this is what happens without spam rules.

Who in the hell wants to post in that mess of stupidity? That's not a flow of discussion, that's just nonsense which makes my head hurt.
But really, you and I both know most of what goes on now up north is headache inducing nonsense as it is. At the very least, that puts both systems are on equal footing. And considering that most truly entertaining discussion takes place in the spam section, I'd argue that the garbage you just posted doesn't negate those discussions which make spam friendly discussion better.

I know I've said this before but this takes the cake...

That thread is THE funniest thing I've ever read on this forum.

Honestly, I would love this. Sounds like (internet) paradise. Too bad this couldn't possibly work out. The common, simple folk would have ruined this thirty minutes ago.

But you can have all of this if you want... somewhere else. So why stay and complain about this forum?

EDIT: Nevermind. Sam's right :)

Honestly, I would love this. Sounds like (internet) paradise. Too bad this couldn't possibly work out. The common, simple folk would have ruined this thirty minutes ago.
Damn it all, now we have a point that's pretty decent.

Let the cretins up there suffer under the oppressive weight of the spam rules while I thrive down here with the people who can handle it and anyone else who has mastered scrolling down a web page. While I'll stand by the fact that more lax spam rules won't increase the abysmal nature of what goes on up there, I'll be damned if I want my relative seclusion down here spoiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back