What next for Daniel Bryan?

This is the return of WTM

Dark Match Winner
Now that he's lost the US title rematch to Shaemus, where do you think Daniel Bryan will go from here?

For me, I think they're gonna throw him into a 3 way with someone else, probably Shaemus and Sin Cara or Ziggler and Morrison.

What do you think?

I would repackage him on Smackdown and put him in high profile feuds with some of the best that end up on that show.

He has his old Nexus buddies there to feud with, Gabriel and Slater. I'd like to see him go heel and adopt a "wrestling machine" gimmick. Let him have some epic matches with Sin Cara, Morrison, and even Rey

My personal opinion is that he will be drafted onto Smackdown and throw a huge heal turn betraying a top face on his first night there, debuting a tag partner in Seth Rollins/ Tyler Black. Hopefully revitalizing tag team wrestling and being in the upper mid-card of Smackdown.

he is prolly off to SD, which is better suited for his abilities imo, he can feud with the Corre

if he continues to stay on Raw, I would have him feud with Swagger/Cole, there were the rumors of Cole being some kind of "authority figure" if creative continue to go with that story line, id see it as a perfect push for Bryan knowing his history with Cole

he can also feud with punk, where they bring up there indy past in

Dark Matches against Primo. The guy can't talk so there isn't much you can do with him no matter how good a performer he is.

What's next for Bryan? Join Nexus or Corre perhaps? A 3-way with Sheamus and Sin Cara perhaps? A move to SmackDown?

I don't know but I hope WWE don't let Bryan become a jobber and hopefully they will make sure he stays relevant. I'm a big fan of Bryan and I hope that Vince makes sure that all the time they spent to make Bryan a star in WWE won't go to waste.

He'll either go to Smackdown and feud over the Intercontinental Title with Barrett and the Corre or feud with Swagger, McIntyre or form a tag team with someone. I personally hope he starts a feud with the Corre because I enjoy Bryan and Wade Barrett so I think they could have some great matches especially with their history from NXT and Nexus

If he doesn't get in a 3-way at Extreme Rulez, I feel like Bryan will just kinda linger until the draft.

I do feel like he would be good on Smackdown in the I.C. title picture. A heel turn would be great for him. I love his heel work.

If he stays face I really want to see him feud with Punk. It could really help Bryan be elevated into the upper mid card.

I agree with most of you, I think he goes to Smackdown, which I think could be a good thing. Remember when CM Punk got there, he was able to dump the baby face gimmick and go full straight edge messiah. He hasn't looked back since, also look at Cody, he was just, well Cody on Raw. Since coming to SD, he was allowed to grow as a performer and went from the short lived "uncommom son" gimmick (I think it was like 3 weeks) the "dashing" gimmick to what I call the "pretty boy/Mankind(old school version)combo", and its working. If Vince let's Michael Hayes book Bryan the way he wants I think we might see a WWE version of "the american dragon". Also, Ted jr. badly needs a switch and probably a face turn too. As for Seth Rollins (Tyler Black), expect him and Richie Steamboat to go to Raw after NXT, Vince seems to like to cram the majority of the top new guys on Raw right away and looks to see who sinks and who swims.

Dark Matches against Primo. The guy can't talk so there isn't much you can do with him no matter how good a performer he is.

how do you figure that? Chris Benoit couldn't talk for shit and they pushed him to the moon because he was a great in ring performer...not to say hes as good as Benoit was in the ring just saying he dont have to be a jobber just cuz he dont talk

I'd hope for a feud with CM Punk. Then a trade to Smackdown, so he can rise to World Champion level in peace.

However, I've got the worst feeling that he'll linger on RAW and flounder as a midcard jobber ala Evan Bourne.

triple threat fued with sheamus and sin cara. mabye turning heel on cara? if not that, send him 2 smackdown 2 fued with mcintyre or barrett.

triple threat fued with sheamus and sin cara. mabye turning heel on cara? if not that, send him 2 smackdown 2 fued with mcintyre or barrett.

I like the idea of Bryan turning on Cara. Cara vs Sheamus at extreme rulez and Bryan cost Cara the belt.

Sheamus keeps the belt, Cara looks strong, and Bryan turns heel. Also Cara vs Bryan can be one hell of a match.

Like most have said draft him to Smackdown and allow him to develop some kind of personallity. He can wrestle with the best of em but gets lost in the crowd on Raw. On Smackdown he wouldn't look so small compared to everyone else. Keep him face for now. Smckdown has a shortage of quality upper-mid card faces. A fued with Rhodes or Mcintyre would be a good start leading up to chasing Barrett for the IC belt.

I would say this. Sin Cara fights Sheamus at Extreme Rules, Daniel Bryan interferes against Sin Cara, and he turns heel. Daniel Bryan should start whining that Sin Cara took his spotlight. IMO

how do you figure that? Chris Benoit couldn't talk for shit and they pushed him to the moon because he was a great in ring performer...not to say hes as good as Benoit was in the ring just saying he dont have to be a jobber just cuz he dont talk

Good point but that was a while ago. 80% of Raw is mic work and 20% wrestling. He is not likely to get a decent push on Raw. Maybe Smackdown would be a better place for him. He'll never be anything but a mid-carder though.

I'd say that Daniel Bryan will probably be headed to SmackDown! before too long. It's a shame that his feud with Sheamus has ended on such a lackluster note, but I'm not surprised because so much attention has been put into WrestleMania and the involvement of The Rock that someone was bound to get swallowed up.

For a long while now, SmackDown! has really been seen where younger talent is really able to go and thrive whereas Raw is kinda where you go after you've "proven yourself" on SmackDown!. Bryan had a good run as United States Champion, it could've been better of course, but Bryan was on television each week, had some great matches as part of the Raw roster and wasn't buried. I think Bryan can do really well on SmackDown! and there's far less chance of him being overshadowed by the main event talent. Generally speaking, mid-card talent on the blue brand often gets as much time and build up as the guys in the main event.

I can see him heading to SmackDown! and probably getting into it with Wade Barrett over the IC title.

I see a heel turn in his future. As it is well known he plays a good heel role. I think he can make a huge impact by turning heel and feuding for a belt. Put him with Nexus or Corre maybe. Not sure on that but I think a heel turn is in his future and going to Smackdown.

I'd LOVE to see Daniel Bryan get into a one on one program with Sin Cara. But since it seems Sin Cara is gonna be feuding with Sheamus, I would like to see a triple threat for the US title. Have either Sin Cara or Bryan take the title off Sheamus before having their feud for the belt. The matches would be great.

Otherwise, he'll just linger until the draft and he'll get sent to Smackdown which I think would benefit him more if creative decides to pull him out of the US title picture. I can easily see him feuding with Corre and Barrett for the IC title if Kingston doesn't manage to get the title back (he won his title rematch via DQ so I think it is still possible).

I was hoping for an actual good match between Bryan and Sheamus last night but unfortunately it just ended up pretty much being a squash match.

Their are lots of wrestlers that he could have tremendous matches with that I hope he gets paired against. Would love to see the Punk vs. Bryan feud that was teased prior to Punk getting injured last year. Sin Cara, Ziggler, Morrison would all make for great opponents as well.

I do kinda wish he would get drafted to Smackdown just for the fact that Smackdown usually allows for longer matches than Raw does. Bryan is a good performer but we don't ever get to see a display of it because his time on Raw is so limited. He should definitely be made into a villian though. Maybe they could pair him up against somebody like Rey Mysterio to help get Bryan over.

I know it might be taboo to say Chris Benoit, but I'd kinda like to see Bryan made into the new Chris Benoit.

It's hard to see there being much left for Bryan to do on Raw between now and the Draft he could maybe have a mini feud with Ted Dibiase as he's probably the only Heel on the Raw roster he's not currently in a feud.

WWE could continue the Romance between him and Gail Kim but it's hard to see how they continue it and keep it interesting

A move to smackdown would certainly be a good thing there are plenty of potential feuds in there with Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, but the thing he really does need to do is to develop some sort of personality weather that means he turns heel or he works on his charisma but he does not to do something that helps him get more over

And nolimitwordz mentioned Benoit earlier, the difference between Benoit and Bryan is that Benoit always had that tough look about him and was built up as a "Wrestling Machine" and when you look at Bryan you just don't see that in him and every time I see Bryan I just see nothing but fantastic in-ring ability but that's not going to be enough for Bryan to survive in the WWE.

When the WWE Draft happens, i fully believe that they NEED to move him to Smackdown and do the same for Ted Dibiase and others like McGuillicutty and then have those two team up. As for Daniel Bryan, Smackdown and have him be the one to take the IC title off of Wade Barrett. for the short term though, i would like to see a Sin Cara, Sheamus and Bryan feud.

Fuck, please be to fucking Smackdown. Less bullshit to push, more pure wrestling, and a dire lack of face talent. Hopefully his real music back, and the character he had when he was ever so slightly over, as opposed to now, in which he is uh, not.

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

SmackDown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

Smackdown

The majority are in agreement, and I have to join them. Smackdown needs mid card/ upper card faces who can wrestle really badly, and who better than Daniel Bryan? He is an in-ring genius who is on the entertainment-primary brand, which is completely his weak suit. Move him to the blue brand, where wrestling is the main thing.

If Punk has finished with Orton, then Punk vs. Bryan is want I want to see next for him.. We know they have history back in ROH, and we saw the crowd liking them 2 in the ring at Rumble, so why not? They could put on some great matches no doubt! We know it.. I don't think a move to Smackdown would do him that good until he has a few feud with some Raw wrestlers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back