• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Is Holding Shelton Benjamin Down??

This is awesome. He was on RAW with nothing going for him and now he has the chance to put on great matches with Punk, Morrison, Burke, and Miz(i know, i know). I can see him main eventing for ECW in a few months with Burke as his mouth piece and eventually one of them turning face which would be cool. Now with ECW and Smackdown superstars appearing on both shows he has the potential to have 20-25 minutes of airtime a week.

I feel for Haas. Hopefully they don't job him out and then release him but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe the him and Shelton can compete together on smackdown for the tags.

Maybe this is the start of a new faction?!

This really is the best thing that could happen for Shelton, and it's about time WWE does something that makes sense, putting Shelton on ECW with Burke, I wouldn't be surprised to see this two go after the tag titles that Miz and Morrison are currently holding, and later on down the road they will go after the ECW title, I can't wait to see Shelton vs. Burke, and Shelton vs. Punk, it seems like WWE as a whole is starting to get better

As for Haas, he's pretty much done, I see him jobbing for the next month or two and then getting released, though moving him to SD! and partnering him with Kenny might work for a tag team, but I see him getting released real soon

has a lot of potential, but its just frustrating to watch wwe mathes where you know they have to tone down the sytle of what they can do... id love to see benjamin v punk for the title , and it looks very possible in the near future...maybe around wrestlemania?

This is a great thing... for Shelton. Shelton to ECW is great because he can show case his talent without having to have good mic skills. Its great because he just needed a mouthpeice to get over. Its great they should start a giant faction that is on Smackdown and ECW. They could maybe add Big Daddy V, Henry and have like a new Nation of Domination.
This is a terible thing...for Charlie Haas. With Shelton gone he will either be released or jobing or heat. If he gets moved to Smackdown he could join the Nation as the only white member, besides mouthpeice #2 Matt Striker(because hes V's Mouthpeice)

Brilliant news for Benjamin, he's a top quality performer. I'm glad he got out of the WGTT who were consigned to jobbing on heat. He'll most likely get a decent push in ECW, and it would really freshen up the stale main-event scene. Him and Elijah Burke need to be pushed instead of the Miz and Morrison.

FANTASTIC move on the WWE's part, for several different reasons.

1. CM Punk has nobody to feud with right now on ECW or Smackdown, since Smackdown has literally no balanced card. Even with the talent exchange, he'd have what...Jamie Noble, Finlay, and Kenny Dykstra? He couldn't feud with MVP cause he has a title, he couldn't feud with Edge cause he's world champ material, and he couldn't feud with Henry or Khali. ECW only would give him Burke (who has been lacking lately, unfortunately) or Nunzio, basically. Now that we have a more structured Kevin Thorn, we might see something there, though I expect him to feud with Kane. Benjamin has the opportunity now to be gunning for the ECW title and they should have some great matches.

2. As I've said before, WGTT is a good tag team skill-wise, but in everything else, they're dead. No crowd reaction, no mic work, no feuds, etc. Haas was holding him back from being a great singles competitor. Though I wouldn't want Haas to be released, as I'd rather see him change his gimmick and try to improve himself, he's far behind Shelton.

3. Shelton's not great on the mic, but working with Elijah can help that.

4. Anybody else think Elijah/Shelton would be a great tag team? I do. I'd love to see the two of those go up against Morrison and Miz for their titles.

Shelton's going to be shining brightly for a while, I think, which is good for the guy cause he's young enough to start cementing himself in the WWE.

Looks like the WWE is finally giving Shelton a chance to shine again which is a very good move on their part since he can consistently put on great matches. Hopefully ECW will help elevate him to the next level where he will reach semi-main event status like John Morrison and possibly win the ECW title.

As for Charlie Haas, he is a great wrestler as well, but the fans do not care about him one bit due to his own special heat, Haas Heat, where he barely gets a reaction. WWE might give him a gimmick to get a little reaction from the crowd, but my guess is that he will forever be stuck in the Independent Circuit soon enough if WWE releases him.

Moving Shelton Benjamin over to ECW is great. He could have great matches and feuds with Punk and Burke. Also, with his alliance with Burke, it gives Benjamin a mouthpiece and he could also learn from what Elijah does one the mic. It really looks like Benjamin is in for a push since on ECW he received huge pyro and he was really hyped up by the commentators. As for Haas, I think that the easy thing for the WWE to do would be to let him wrestle and job on Raw/Heat. However, a smart and creative way for the WWE to use Haas would be to move him over to SD and give him the wrestling machine gimmick that was designated by Kurt Angle. That gimmick does not really require him to talk but he could be given a manager like Striker or maybe the WWE could even bring back Daivari. I think that the WWE needs a guy that it a mat technician since they lost Benoit and Angle. Haas could fit in that role, especially since he has the look of a focused and determined superstar.

I Agree with pretty much everything that everyone said in here..also, what i just realized is that this pretty much means Shelton is on Smackdown too, since the two brands are cycling wrestlers. Also good for his career, away from the politics of Raw.

Well it seems like WWE has actually did something that most of the fans can agree on!
this is by far the best thing to happen to the new ECW and for Shelton Benjamin. he has everything it takes to compete for the ECW TITLE and him and CM PUNK are going to put on some great mathces and i can really see them fighting until WM24!

as for HAAS well i think he's a good wrestler they just need to team him up with someone like KENNY DYKSTRA and give them a gimmick and make them a good tag team cuz they are both good talents that are being wasted!

On the one hand this is great. Punk vs. Benjamin. I can't wait. Benjamin will finally get a decent push. In a feud with Punk he'll be able to go through it without getting squashed by Taker or HHH. Just him & Punk feuding, wrestling, bliss. Can't wait.

On the other hand it's bye, bye, Haas. They didn't do anything with them as a team, so it sure as hell isn't going to happen for him as an individual. He'll be gone in a few months. It's a shame because I pretty sure Haas could talk given the chance. Or get this. WWE could let his wrestling do the talking.

This is an amazing move by WWE. Shelton Benjamin was just another jobber on RAW, where he could not showcase his talents now that he's on ECW he can finally get a breath of fresh air and put on some amazing matches. The ECW roster was looking really sad with like ten active wrestlers. CM Punk is running out of people to face, he's been in a feud with pretty much everybody on ECW. Just imagine a Benjamin/Punk feud, or even a Benjamin/Morrison feud. On the Charlie Haas. He was never anything special, Shelton was way better than him, and now that he's on ECW Charlie has nothingto do, but job or be fired.

Haas will follow Shelton to ECW methinks, maybe the WWE are using ECW as the "REAL" wrestling show. After all, guys like Punk, Noble, Benjamin and Burke can actually wrestle a good match. A WGTT domination would really piss me off in a mark way, which is a good thing as it is what a heel is trying to be ;)

As a big Charlie Haas fan i am generally unhappy about Shelton moving on as i was hoping to see WGTT get a push lately. I just hope the WWE creative team don't do what they did last time and put no effort into him. I think he should move to either Smackdown or ECW and perhaps adapt a wrestling machine style gimmick that others mention, he certainly has the technical ability and his mic skills aren't the worst better than Sheltons IMO. Just don't release him!!! There is potential there, he's better than bloody Snitzky, Jim Duggan, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kevin Thorn, MIZ, Cody Rhodes etc.

Its about time. I cant wait to see the matches he pulls off on ecw. I cant wait to see benjamin vs morrison or vs punk. Hopefully this can help elijah aswell because he needs a push aswell.

as for haas, i could really care less. Hes very boring in te ring and doesnt even have a good finisher. Although i liked it when he used to cut promos with cryme tyme and pretend to act black, those were hilarious!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!

FIAAALLLLLYYY!!!!
Im very excited for this move. Only thing that sorta brought down my enthusiasm is that the match was kinda shit. It was mostly chinlocks, and included none of the spectacular things shelton could do. You would think he wouldve tried to go out there and go crazy his first night on ECW, to show that he was worthy of this new chance, and that they had been wasting him this whole time. Although I did really like the new finisher, and I do think if he can get it down a little better (it was kinda sloppy when he did it) then it will be a very solid, out of nowere finisher he can have. Estatic for this. PLEASE think about giving him new theme music PLEASE!! It was lame when he was a face, and REALLY lame as a heel.

As for Haas, I hope they keep him around for jobbing purposes becuase he has some pretty decent in ring skills.

Very excited about the move...I NEVER watch ECW but when I read on WZ that shelton ad moved there, I immeadiately watched the webcast. That should say something. I also agree with the guy who said everyone who is underused on the other brands should go to EC dub

It's about damn time. I figured that Shelton would wind up on ECW and now he has. I can easily see him becoming the champion possibly before WM. He has so much talent that was misused and ignored after his initial Raw push. I'm looking to see Shelton again be the ECW champ after a pretty intense feud with Punk. What happens after that I'm not sure. Most of ECW's top talent happen to be heels so Shelton may have to turn face, which would be fine, that does not take anything away from him. Damn I'd love to see Shelton teeing off against Burke and Punk. Hell even Morrison wouldn't be that bad. So WWE good move on this. Look to see Shelton skyrocket in the coming months

This is great news for Shelton for I see him having a great feud with Punk for the belt soon. I think this will really help Shelton become a legit maineventer or a high midcard like what happened to Morrison. And with the possible paring of elijah burke as a mouth peice this could be Sheltons big break. As for Haas I would have much rather have saw Haas be moved to ECW and try to make him big over here and send Shelton over to smackdown since i think Benjamin could be big in smackdown as for now Haas may be in serious trouble but I think he should be sent to ecw as well and maybe repackaged with a new gimmick???

Benjamin is seriously not Main Event Imaged. His skills are main events but they aren't remembered for. ECW move? plain stupid. It'll just degrade him even more than jobbing on RAW, cuz ppl dont take ECW as serious as The Big TWO. Like Hardcore Holly, hes the main event for ECW but a mid carder for RAW, useless move to put Holly on ECW. So even if Benjamin is a great ECW Champ, he'll need to start from Square 1 again, cuz like i said, no one cares about ECW as much. THey think its a joke.
Summary: A def NO!
And Hass. I dont see a future in him. Idk if hes a heel or a face. Hes probably gonna be the Next Val Venis. Val has been working for WWE for like...ever, but hes just a jobber and a Heat performer. (no harm intended for Val Venis)

Benjamin is seriously not Main Event Imaged. His skills are main events but they aren't remembered for. ECW move? plain stupid. It'll just degrade him even more than jobbing on RAW, cuz ppl dont take ECW as serious as The Big TWO. Like Hardcore Holly, hes the main event for ECW but a mid carder for RAW, useless move to put Holly on ECW. So even if Benjamin is a great ECW Champ, he'll need to start from Square 1 again, cuz like i said, no one cares about ECW as much. THey think its a joke.
Summary: A def NO!
And Hass. I dont see a future in him. Idk if hes a heel or a face. Hes probably gonna be the Next Val Venis. Val has been working for WWE for like...ever, but hes just a jobber and a Heat performer. (no harm intended for Val Venis)

It is not a stupid move!!!, Shelton moving to ECW is a good move cause it will get him noticed, it will get him on SD!, cause of the talent exchange, and it will get him on PPVs, especially if he gets a push for the gold, ECW may be a joke but it is improving little by little and at least he gets to spend more the 15 seconds in the ring in ECW, and he gets a mouth piece (Burke), this is a very good move for Shelton, and it gives more credibility to ECW as well

ECW move? plain stupid. It'll just degrade him even more than jobbing on RAW, cuz ppl dont take ECW as serious as The Big TWO. Like Hardcore Holly, hes the main event for ECW but a mid carder for RAW, useless move to put Holly on ECW. So even if Benjamin is a great ECW Champ, he'll need to start from Square 1 again, cuz like i said, no one cares about ECW as much. THey think its a joke.

SOOOOOOOooooo I guess no one takes Bobby Lashley seriously? Or Punk? Or Burke? Or Morrison? If you are near the top of ECW and preform well, you will be as well known and respected as anyone really. Punk and Lashley were still immensely popular while in ECW (punk still is). and the champion, and anyone in the championship picture will be on the ppvs. If Shelton has some spectacular matches and has a good title run as ECW champion, and ends up goin to one of the big 2, he will NOT be "starting off from square one again" at all. He shouldnt have shelton being moved to ECW is a great move for him, and the brand itself. You cant use Hardcore Holly as an example becuase Holly shouldnt have been in the main event on ECW anyway. He wasnt mid card on raw becuase he was on ECW before he came back, he was mid card on RAW becuase he never got over on ECW, or any show for that matter. It had nothing to do with him being on ECW, it had to do with his character not getting over in any way, anywere. Bobby Lashley Came over from ECW, and was immeadiatley in the WWE title picture, and Punk would be as well, if he were to switch brands. If Shelton shines, and gets a good run, he WILL NOT be coming back to the other shows starting over. Great move by the WWE

To tell you the truth(?), Shelton Benjamin is one of those wrestlers who i hate to watch cutting a promo or in ring, pretty much like the Highlanders. He doesn't even have a gimmick and his ring skills is like OK. And i seriously think that Wrestling In-rign ability isn't as important as the Charismatic Abilities ( my theory: the greatest matches aren't wrestling matches, and the greatest wrestlers aren't wrestlers ). Look at Khali, he was a World champ and he moves like a turtle and he only performs like 5 moves in the entire match. BUT its the OMG feelings that make a wrestler great and Shelton Benjamin doesn't OMG me at all.

The greatest wrestlers aren't wrestlers? Even if you're not a fan of athletic, fast-paced wrestling or whatever type of wrestling you're not into, that comment is pretty ridiculous. Anyway, that's another story.

As has been endlessly stated, Benjamin to ECW is a very smart move. He's been going nowhere after his Intercontinental title reigns, which contradicts what many people would say. Being on ECW will, strangely enough, get him more exposure and he'll probably be able to showcase himself a bit more. In addition to that, I expect him to be on SmackDown! as well, if the current trend is to continue. However, I can see Benjamin in a title feud, preferably with Punk, but I don't actually see him getting the strap. In fact, I don't want him to get the strap. He needs to consolidate his image and character into something solid and less...general, I guess you could say. This may sound harsh, but he's simply not worthy to carry the ECW strap just yet.

Shelton's New Finisher was good tonight, Shannon Moore made it look really good, i liked it, it was quick impactful, and the ring made a lot of noise, a perfect finisher, it is a little too much like Judas Messias finisher, just like how Umaga tries to do the blackhole slam...

I watched ECW last night and did a little skip when I saw Shelton was being moved to ECW. I feel that Shelton has LOADS of talent and wasn't being properly used on Raw. I'm looking forward to a feud between C.M. Punk and Shelton.
It's about damn time.

As far as Haas, they could possibly repackage him and move him to Smackdown, I can't explain it but I see him working better on Smackdown vs. Raw or ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back