• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Is Holding Shelton Benjamin Down??

I don't know why Shelton doesn't get any love,it probably has something to do with his mic skills but Lashley doesn't have any either.I think a brand change is just what he needs to get his career back on track.ECW would be the best choice because they lack wrestlers.And didn't another career mid-carder change to ECW and is now in the hunt for the title,Viscera to Big Daddy V.Worked for him.

What can I say about Shelton that hasn't been said? Well nothing really, he's a great athlete, end of story.

And I said earlier in the Cody Rhodes post that he should take heel Cody under his wing since Charlie's gone on "vacation." Shelton is amazing in the ring, hands down. He needs to go to acting class or something and work on his schtick. I'll never forget the match he had with HBK a couple years ago, when Michaels caught him with sweet chin music off the spring board. That was the night I became a Shelton Benjamin fan.

Im not a fan of Shelton and i never have been, he just deos'nt have the"it" factor many of the top wrestlers have, WWE has pushed him numerous times and tried to give him character but he blows it every time.

In my eyes Shelton Benjamin will be midcard for life unless he seriously works on his mic skills and bulks up a bit as i just don't think he has the look to be a major champ in WWE.

Im not saying Shelton should go TNA but i think he would be more valued in the X-division as that seems to be where he would fit in.

I think Charlie needs to be gotten rid of anyway. I reckon WWE haven't used Shelton in right way yet, he's always been a tag teamer or a midcarder and he needs one major push to be taken to the next level.

If used right he could be a champ and I reckon putting him in ECW would be a great way to build up his character again.

If WWE , Had Any Thought Of Putting Shelton Over , They Wouldve Had Carlito Atleast Help Shelton To A Victory Last Night Over Triple H For Some Credibility....But Oh Yeah Thatts Right , Triple H Doesnt Job For Anyone , He Walks In Wins A Million Matches , Destroys Umaga , Destroys A Talented Carlito......And Will Win The Title In A Month Or Two.......SURPRISE !

My Thoughts Would Be Put Shelton Over On Smackdown With A Credible US TITLE RUN , And Then Maybe Swap Back To Raw , To See What HEs Made Of !

Your right, in my opinion Triple H is a glory hog. He is good, but he isn't 10 time champion good. Moving Shelton Benjaminn to Smackdown would give him the push he deserves.

Shelton Benjamin definitely has the most potential on whole roster, and maybe he even has the most potential among wrestlers all over the world. This guy can do high flying moves, mat wrestling, and he also works well with weapons, especially ladders. He's not bad on the mic either especially compared to Lashley who is a main eventer. This guy definitely deserves a shot to get a major push and Smackdown would be a perfect place to do it. They could give him a cocky, most athletic superstar gimmick much like MVP's and let him feud with Rey, Batista, and Taker.

I was reading an earlier post where someone mentioned that it's because he had some kind of run in with an official? I wonder if Cena had a run in, would he be held back? I pretty sure HHH has run ins, but I doubt he was ever held back except for that one time with the curtain call.

Anyways, back on subject. I am a fan of Shelton Benjamin and I think he should have a no non-sense type of character who's athleticism, strength, and speed should be show cased as his greatest asset. He should be a heel that wins fairly! One that cheats maybe once in a while, but one that commands the respect of the fans. The white meat baby face is not going to cut it this time around. He can't be the bad ass good guy because it's being overused. I would give him that type of character that I just mentioned. At least the fans will know that they are not giving the spotlight to someone who can't wrestle.

I can't see Shelton holding the WWE Championship. I just can't. After seeing him right now with TWGTT, makes him look like crap. He impresses everyone in MITB matches, now he needs a big push. Either move him to Smackdown or ECW, because right now ECW needs that kind of talent.

I don't believe that it is just one reason. It is true that Shelton doesn't have really good mic skills, but neither does Lashley. Part of it could be of a past backstage interaction with a member of the staff. I personally didn't hear of it. I think that the biggest reason is because his character has become stale. He is a one dimensional character which was way over when he was feuding with Evolution. He needs to either switch brands with a new character or do something to a huge fan favorite. He just isn't that interesting of a character.

Jobbing every week sure can't be doing Shelton any good. They need to send him to Smackdown so he can get a fresh start. Right now, he's just so far down in the hole on Raw. He is a phenomenal wrestler and he may even fit in better on Smackdown.

Either give him the IC title or send him to ECW to feud with punk which i Think would be good, I like elijah burke and think that them three along with Morrison could be the way forward for ECW

I would definately watch more ECW if benjamin was on there

I honestly think that Shelton Benjamin would have a great set of matches with Orton, but Hunter will make sure that doesn't happen. I mean come on how many wrestlers should of had shots at a championship and didn't get them cause Trips wanted his 15th title run. Shelton is one in a very long line. He really does have the ability and he could play a good face character against Orton.

I honestly think that Shelton Benjamin would have a great set of matches with Orton, but Hunter will make sure that doesn't happen.

How will he make sure that doesn't happen? It's likely HBK v Orton, what does this have to do with HHH?

I mean come on how many wrestlers should of had shots at a championship and didn't get them cause Trips wanted his 15th title run.

He's had FOUR reigns since he had anything to do with steph, and one was for two hours, he was already WAY over... This argument gets boring time and time again

Shelton is one in a very long line. He really does have the ability and he could play a good face character against Orton.

Shelton couldn't play a good face. He's a heel character and does better as a heel. He does have the ability yes, but really I've not seen it in a few years, he's lazy and sloppy. He has great potential, but we've not seen it for a while.

Shelton has been shown plenty of love. He's had multiple title reigns and even shots at the wwe championship. He even gets more promo spots than most wrestlers. If that's not success then I don't know what is. I don't think he's held back at all.

are you crazy???, benjamin is being held back from wwe championship sucess, the guy has got more talent then morrison, daddy v and the miz combined the dude should be working ecw and having the company revolve around him, he could easily do the job that benoit was sent to do and make the company work, i dont see the point of having him job on raw to every face on the planet, if he needs a manager get him one, they did that for khali and the guy has the skill of a turnip.

From what I've heard, the reason Shelton doesn't get the push he deserves is because he picks and chooses when he wants to perform. He could easily be one of their best performers but he doesn't try as hard as he can. If he went out every week and performed to the best of his ability, he'd easily get his push and be right up there, but the general consensus is that sometimes he just can't be bothered trying.

Don't get me wrong, even when he doesn't try, he's still great. Just they want more out of him.

I agree with that and it was certainly the case at the start of the year. He seemed to be making mistakes weekly. I certainly remember him trying something off the ropes with Jeff and nearly breaking his neck. I think the WWE have reigned him in because firstly it was embarassing to them and secondly, high risk spots are dangerous if you keep botching them. I think his career on RAW is finished and the sooner he moves the better.

Shelton should recive a push in a singles feud even if its on the lower mid tier to repair his popularity with the fans. two years ago when he held the IC title for 10 months he was one of RAW's most popular wrestlers receving World Heavyweight Title shots. Some of his best matches were against the upper tier tallent such as HBK, Y2J and HHH.The arrival of Carlito On RAW just destroyed his chances of progressing up the card and actually becomeing a leading member of RAW. He should be sent to ECW and feud with CM Punk for the ECW championship, were he can establish main event satus.

So, officially tonight on E.C.W. it looks like, "thanks to Elijah Burke" that Shelton Benjamin is now an official E.C.W. Superstar.

What are everyone's general thoughts on this? As well, what would/should happen to Charlie Haas? Please try to keep the discussion detailed.. this is my take.

I think Shelton Benjamin has hit the jackpot, finally. He has enough wrestling talent, without a charismatic gimmick, to fit in nicely on the E.C.W. brand. I personally think he'll still remain in the Tag Team division with Elijah Burke, but in time I can completely see him as the E.C.W. World Heavyweight Champion.

He debuted a new finishing move tonight too, it looks like. I think its the "Depth's of Hell" that Judas from T.N.A. does.

I personally think this spells trouble for Charlie Haas, as I can clearly see him being released (again) within the next month. Unless they ship him to Smackdown, OR simply have him job to everyone on Raw.

I think it is a great move by the WWE, I think who ever is not being used correctly should on Raw and Smackdown should be sent to ECW, Love ECW matches but every week it feels like they are only working with like a 10 man roster or something, in the ring Benjamin is one of the best in wrestling right now, unfortunatly it does seems like the WWE just don't know what to do with him, I thought the whole Mama's Boy thing on Raw was working very well, that was probably the best push he received so far

can't wait to see a CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin match though, still want to see more Burke on ECW though, some weeks he don't even wrestle, would like to see him pop up on Smackdown a few times too

On RAW he was going nowhere, one week he's tagging, the next, Jobbing. It was a continuous cycle of wasting a good talent, so It's about time. He finally has a chance to show his talents. Great move by WWE, It'll be interesting to see how they use him. I don't see him being used with Burke tagging very long, He could make it as a championship contender and even champion on the ECW brand. I didn't see the new finisher or the debut but it's great for Shelton and his career and gives me another reason to tune into ECW weekly and hopefully a CM Punk/Benjamin feud comes around soon.

As for Haas, it's bad for him unless he's moved to SD! he looks to be getting released soon, if not that. WWE creative will find some nobody to partner him up with and try another dead run into tagging. He's not as talented as Shelton but not bad so a move to SD! wouldn't hurt but I doubt it happens.

Shelton Benjamin finally gets the mouthpiece we've been waiting for. Hopefully watching Elijah work on the mic will influence him to become golden on the mic as well, not to mention I think he'll make a deadly tag team with Elijah Burke, both work very well in the ring. Maybe ECW needed a tag team to rival with Miz n Morrison while CM Punk gets some fresh opponents until possibly Benjamin is ready, or maybe with the new talent exchange we'll see Shelton working SD! as well and could possibly push for other singles gold.

I do think Shelton needed this badly though as I feel he was headed nowhere with Haas on Raw and ECW needs more talented youngsters. I hope to see more of these younger guys on the Raw and SD rosters pop up on ECW, it can only mean good things.

Finally Shelton is in a brand where he can show off his talent and win the Ecw title hopefully. IMO Cm Punk had no more opponents for his title so Shelton came along to hopefully put on some good matches with punk. ECW is really lacking faces though so they might want to bring a face to that show as well as adding Benjamin to the Roster.

Thank goodness for this move. No slam on Hass but he is a dead-weight. He has no heat and really is very blah in the ring while Shelton can put on a show. Then just when it looked like they might get a push. Hass got suspended and made Shelton get punsihed too. He is a great singles competitor and ECW will give him a chance to shine. No politics plus no guys who have to be put over and everyone must job too means he can really be phemoneal. I was wodnering what they were going to do with Punk. As Morriosn and miz seem to be a team and I was dreading a series with Big Daddy V(who seems to be nicely distracted with Kane) and was thinking about Finaly till his apparent face turn but Shelton will give Punk some great matches and might just make ECW the answer to a wrestling show. Punk/Benjamin I think can be as good as Styles/Daniels was as long as the WWE lets them actually wrestle

I'm seriously hoping this leads to a Benjamin V Burke fued sooner or later cos these two would be awesome together, is his hair still blonde? Cos that looked awful, like he was desperate for attention (maybe it worked tho).

I hope Haas at least gets a chance to do something, he's a bit of a Lance Storm really and I wish he'd had more of a chance in WWE.

Eitehr way ECW's roster is getting better and better, they're gonna need a 2 hour show soon!

The first time I actually decide to devote my time to ECW they actually impress me and bring in Shelton. I want his hair back black but aside from that i'm very happy to see him there. When burke said he was bringing somebody out, i knew it was shelton. i just knew it. Shelton vs Punk will be a classic for Mania. As for charlie Haas...nah..he's no timpressive, i used to like the "Haas of pain" finisher but he's dead weight for shelton. First Jericho comes back, now benjamin on ECW, WWE might be able to make a comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back