Shelton Benjamin - New Gimmick?

i think he might join up with his ovw tag partner rodney mack who they just signed

yaaa shelton and cryme tyme that wood be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

yep it would and since the fans like it, it wont happen, i guarentee it, almost any new thing that the fans think would be brilliant, the wwe wont do for some reason.

i think it is a new gimmick and i find it to be very hypocritical of the wwe to let it succeed. i'm saying this because hassan was "released" from the wwe for an angle that wasn't even his idea! i agree that shelton needs a new gimmick, but i don't like the race card.

OK so shelton needs to bring in cryme time and be like fuck this shit, im being held back, and start fucking being a thief and thug like cyme tyme and hell lead them, hell never haveta talk cause they can be funny, hell just show how good he is in the ring, hell turn main event so quick. and yes, cena should get beat down by them for being a fake thug, shelton vs Cena, Royal Rumble 2007 for the title.

god sometimes i think i should be a booker for wwe... the ideas that come outa this head... pure genious

debisib said:
OK so shelton needs to bring in cryme time and be like fuck this shit, im being held back, and start fucking being a thief and thug like cyme tyme and hell lead them, hell never haveta talk cause they can be funny, hell just show how good he is in the ring, hell turn main event so quick. and yes, cena should get beat down by them for being a fake thug, shelton vs Cena, Royal Rumble 2007 for the title.

god sometimes i think i should be a booker for wwe... the ideas that come outa this head... pure genious
thank you i liked the nod idea but you are right if they just show what he can do in the ring he will get over i think he did get over three or four times with the crowd but wwe keeps taking him off tv leave shelton on tv he's $$$$$$

so if vince puts three black guys together as a team its racist

but evolution or dx wasnt seen as racist

something is wrong there

Agreed. I don't like the race gimmick, but I mean if it's going to get Shelton exposure, go for it. The guy is way too talented to be unused.

I think the Nation of Domination gimmick could work. I honestly wouldn't do it to begin with, but if WWE is choosing to go in the direction they're currently going with Shelton, that's where I'd like to see it go...Shelton in a lead, important role, in the upper mid-card where IMO he belongs.

Of course evolution and dx isn't seen as racist. There is nothing wrong with that. The reason it is racist with black guys is because the group always has to do with being oppressed. No stable of white guys has ever complained about being white.

debisib said:
if shelton were to lead cryme time he would gain so much credibility by leading two huge guys, especially if they r good, he wouldnt even haveta talk much cause theyre funny, and he can just do his cool shit in the ring... id love it

Co-sign that would be a awesome idea.. Shelton is a future wwe/world champ.

I think in time. He really can be a world champ but he definately needs to work on some of his mic sklls and personality skills. He really doesnt hold th audience that long. The match he had with HBK was great due to the fact of his ring ability and HBK's ability to sell the match also

well I'm glad most people here agree that Shelton is a great wrestler...and wouldn't mind seeing him team up with Cryme Tyme or perhaps start a new stable. I thought I would've been alone on that one hah.

but these are definetly great ideas, and as already stated in this thread, usually when fans want something to happen, WWE finds a way to make it not happen.

I guess we'll have to wait for Raw to see where they take this gimmick with Shelton...I hope it continues and it wasn't a one-time thing...that would be disappointing, because I was looking forward to seeing Benjamin back on prime time WWE TV.

How about this. Simply let the guy be himself. Benjamin is a rare type of wrestler that only comes around every 5-10 years or so. I say this because his unique style in the ring combined with the chemsitry he has with virtually anyone he wrestles against is in-fact his gimmick. He doesn't need twinking or put into positions that make him look unrealistic and a total goof. Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit come to mind when I think of Benjamin because neiter of those guys needed horrid gimmicks to entice fans to watch and enjoy their performances. Sure Malenko had the Man of 1,000 holds gimmick, but that gimmick embodied his personality and his well-known submission style wrestling in the ring. WWE simply needs to let Benjamin be himself, and then let the fans decide if we like him as such. It sure did help him when he came over to Raw and was immediately placed in an angle with Trips.

rocket said:
How about this. Simply let the guy be himself. Benjamin is a rare type of wrestler that only comes around every 5-10 years or so. I say this because his unique style in the ring combined with the chemsitry he has with virtually anyone he wrestles against is in-fact his gimmick. He doesn't need twinking or put into positions that make him look unrealistic and a total goof. Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit come to mind when I think of Benjamin because neiter of those guys needed horrid gimmicks to entice fans to watch and enjoy their performances. Sure Malenko had the Man of 1,000 holds gimmick, but that gimmick embodied his personality and his well-known submission style wrestling in the ring. WWE simply needs to let Benjamin be himself, and then let the fans decide if we like him as such. It sure did help him when he came over to Raw and was immediately placed in an angle with Trips.

^ not bad.. not bad at all ^ but i think they should at least put him in a stable for a little while, then he can break away and do that

I think if they do decide to put him in a stable, for instance a new age NOD, then he should lead it or at least number 2 in charge (Like HHH and Flair in Evolution), not be someone that is just in it. That would really get him to the status that he deserves to be at. I can realisticly see him as a WWE Champ one day. I just hope that they dont screw it up with a dumb gimmick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back