• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weak looking finishers.

For me nothing is worse than the Hogan legdrop. It doesn't make any sense that HBK for example can kick out of 2 tombstones but not a Legdrop from 4 feet in the air. The one the Undertaker does looks much much better anyway.

Regal's finisher use to be the finisher of Mr. Wrestling II.

The finishers I always thought were the weakest were the the World's Strongest Slam and Jericho's Walls of Jericho.

If you look at the WSS that is done by Henry, it is basically a forward slam. And most of his weight doesn't even fall on top of the guy.

The reason the Boston Crab aka Walls of Jericho look weak to me, is because of how that move is now seen. I mean are we seriously suppose to believe that the same move that was a wear down hold in one match, is a finisher in another.

Another weak looking finisher, and I know I'm going to ruffle feathers here, is the flip piledriver that Petey Williams did in TNA.

I would have to say some of the ones I don't like are as of follows:

CM Punks - Go to Shit move is pretty crappy, its just like flapjacking your opponent onto your knees with their gut, never seen a pinfall off that one.

Cody Rhodes CrossRhodes is pretty awful, I mean its just like the playmaker just without the leg behind the head.

Sheamus Boot/Matt Morgan's Carbon Blue Print! - Sheamus's boot is pretty much like the Carbon Blue Print or what ever you want to name it, its pretty much a bicycle kick to the head which is more or less a big boot, not many people have been pinned of that either.

I am more or less going to get heat from saying this but the Twist of Fate, much like the RKO looks pretty weak in itself but it gets pushed too much for it to be a knock out move.

Killswitch - Weak, its pretty much like a bulldog...

Tommy Dreamers Sit down spinebuster - although it does seem believable as a finisher, it just doesn't have any credibility to it by being a spine buster...... and Dreamer never had the muscle to pull it off, if you gave it to batista then yeah, it would look great.

I would have to say some of the ones I don't like are as of follows:
Hey would you look at that. I know a Mike Kelly. Although I shall provide video proof where you are oh so wrong.

CM Punks - Go to Shit move is pretty crappy, its just like flapjacking your opponent onto your knees with their gut, never seen a pinfall off that one.
Um...no. The Go To Sleep (or more affectionately known as the GTS) is not not a flapjack knee to the gut. It is more like an elevated knee to the face. That, my friend, is an easy KO if you were able to do that in real life. Exhibit A...
[YOUTUBE]Bs6qULnJFHI[/YOUTUBE]

Cody Rhodes CrossRhodes is pretty awful, I mean its just like the playmaker just without the leg behind the head.
Wow. Another misconception. I have to give it to you. This one is nowhere in the neighborhood of right. If anything, the Playmaker looks like a weak ass watered sown Zack Attack/Golden Rule. This is nothing alike as I will post a video of both.
[YOUTUBE]rDtvNRbi3jg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]bE4jjHFM6ZE[/YOUTUBE]

Sheamus Boot/Matt Morgan's Carbon Blue Print! - Sheamus's boot is pretty much like the Carbon Blue Print or what ever you want to name it, its pretty much a bicycle kick to the head which is more or less a big boot, not many people have been pinned of that either.
Okay I can see this a little bit, but not a finisher? Morgan
uses it as a finisher, but not Sheamus. Seeing as how this is the WWE section, I will not touch the Morgan comment. Now take a look at this video and tell me if a pump kick can knock you out or not.
[YOUTUBE]bIoSQnSjUuM[/YOUTUBE]

I am more or less going to get heat from saying this but the Twist of Fate, much like the RKO looks pretty weak in itself but it gets pushed too much for it to be a knock out move.
[YOUTUBE]vdSA7LNFz0g[/YOUTUBE]
Since you compared the two I thought this video is only appropriate.
[YOUTUBE]aZbCocR_dpc[/YOUTUBE]

Killswitch - Weak, its pretty much like a bulldog...
Yep, falling on your face without being able to use your arms for protection with a 200 pound man falling on you doesn't hurt at all.
[YOUTUBE]hsQEWFUOUpg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]DleOvVSqbiM[/YOUTUBE]

Tommy Dreamers Sit down spinebuster - although it does seem believable as a finisher, it just doesn't have any credibility to it by being a spine buster...... and Dreamer never had the muscle to pull it off, if you gave it to batista then yeah, it would look great.
Um...that was never his finisher. His finishers were the Dreamer Driver and the DDT.
[YOUTUBE]1QGU7ivURMk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]IInssdyVe8w[/YOUTUBE]

Please Mike. Do some research or know what you are talking about before you post again.

First, i read this earlier in this thread. Walls of jericho??? WEAK MOVE??? REALLY, i see where you come from tho but as of late, he's been putting his knee into the backs of his opponents like he did in his ECW and WCW days. I just had to say something, cause it's a damn good finisher.

Anyways...
I totally agree with this guy sotty above. you guys are idiots for thinking these moves he listed are terrible weak finishers. Weakest finishers are 619 and the playmaker. don't get me wrong there both flashy maneuvers but look at the 619. I hate it! It's always predictable, and isn't easy to hit. Look at the RKO (perfect finisher). Easy, quick to hit and can hit it any where at any time. if you have a street fight how are you going to do the 619?? and now the playmaker, what the hell is it. A face buster, neck breaker, arm breaker WHAT??? i dont understand. all the opponent is doing is turning around and falling to the mat. get rid of the playmaker and keep the players boot and drive by kick MVP... another horrible move is one i'll probably never hear the end of. Hulk fucking Hogan's god aweful leg drop. It's over shadowed by the screams of the fans to notice really how bad it is. Remember in deep south wrestling Festus or Luke Gallows (known as "Freakin Deacon") stood by his opponent and jumped diretly in the air about 4 feet and landed on his opponents. He didn't even run into the ropes. Hogan just stood and fell on his opponent with his leg. Why the hell a leg drop Hogan? Dumbass...

http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/tnahaterswwerules/profile.jpg

Any finisher that starts with the leg on the back arm holding twist motion (i.e. Playmaker) style finisher is obviously weak. It looks non effective and is pretty unrealistic looking to me.

Shelton Benjamin's Paydirt looks like all he does is jump and pull his opponent down. It isn't realistic and doesn't like it would be effective against someone like the Big Show or maybe even John Cena.

Edge doesn't do the Spear very well. He isn't really big enough, nor does it seem he gets good enough momentum into the hit, despite seemingly running at top speed. Big Show is a great person to have it as a move and Goldberg pulled it off very well. Edge just doesn't seem to have it.

As has been mentioned, R Truth has a very weak finisher. It doesn't look credible and is more of a regular move.

The Knee Trembler that Regal uses is meh looking and is more of just a regular move. It looks like it would hurt but not 1-2-3 level.

Sheamus using that kick is also weak. People have used it in the past as a regular move, and now he's trying to sell it as a finisher and I'm just not buying it.

Sting still using the Scorpion Death Drop is not very convincing. It's just a inverted DDT and that's just a regular move used by many many people now. I know it's a classic move and all, but him still using it in a finisher style isn't convincing. (Not WWE but you get the point.)

Any finisher that starts with the leg on the back arm holding twist motion (i.e. Playmaker) style finisher is obviously weak. It looks non effective and is pretty unrealistic looking to me.

Shelton Benjamin's Paydirt looks like all he does is jump and pull his opponent down. It isn't realistic and doesn't like it would be effective against someone like the Big Show or maybe even John Cena.

Edge doesn't do the Spear very well. He isn't really big enough, nor does it seem he gets good enough momentum into the hit, despite seemingly running at top speed. Big Show is a great person to have it as a move and Goldberg pulled it off very well. Edge just doesn't seem to have it.

As has been mentioned, R Truth has a very weak finisher. It doesn't look credible and is more of a regular move.

Are you talking about the lie detector? or that sick ass scissors kick. the flying elbow is flashy but sucks i know. What about Miz's move? very boring to me, and hard to hit...

Are you talking about the lie detector? or that sick ass scissors kick. the flying elbow is flashy but sucks i know. What about Miz's move? very boring to me, and hard to hit...

The Lie Detector is what I'm talking about.

Miz's move isn't THAT boring for me. You can walk into it, as has been shown a few times. There isn't really a counter to it other than just avoiding it in general.

unless your randy orton, RKO your way out, LOL (RKO=Perfect finisher) It doesn't fit the miz's personality. i think his move needs to be something like the code breaker or go back to the reality check, just change the name. i'm starting to like the miz tho...

The Knee Trembler that Regal uses is meh looking and is more of just a regular move. It looks like it would hurt but not 1-2-3 level.

Sheamus using that kick is also weak. People have used it in the past as a regular move, and now he's trying to sell it as a finisher and I'm just not buying it.

Sting still using the Scorpion Death Drop is not very convincing. It's just a inverted DDT and that's just a regular move used by many many people now. I know it's a classic move and all, but him still using it in a finisher style isn't convincing. (Not WWE but you get the point.)

Edge's Spear is ineffective? It really does look devastating. I don't care who you are, if you have a 6'5", 250 plus pound man running and hitting you square in the sternum, then you're going down.

Sheamus's Bicycle Kick is weak? You and I must not be watching the same program, and it's not a fking finisher.

Edge's Spear is ineffective? It really does look devastating. I don't care who you are, if you have a 6'5", 250 plus pound man running and hitting you square in the sternum, then you're going down.

Sheamus's Bicycle Kick is weak? You and I must not be watching the same program, and it's not a fking finisher.

Big Show. Edge running at him is not very effective. Edge doesn't do it nearly as well as others who have used the move.

It is a finisher when he gets pins after it. This Monday on Raw he got the pin after it. When he was squashing jobbers he used it.

Styles Clash is the most unimpressive finisher I've ever seen. Whats the focal point of the attack? The crotch? So is it's non-signature name "a crotch sweep"?

It's considered in the facebreaker category, but if you look, the whole body is slammed onto the mat. It's more effective looking from the 2nd rope, but it's still a good move.

I don't know why a lot of you are hating on Big Show's punch... I mean if a 7'0" tall, near 500lb man punched me in the head, I'd be down and out. How is that weak? If you want weak finishers look the old ones, Hogan's leg drop, Rock's elbow. Even now the Rhoade's Crossroads is weak looking, or MVP's move. They are more flashy than effective. I also agree with the Paydirt, it looks weak, it's not supposed to be like that, but that's the way it looks when he does it, very poorly executed.

Finishers need to be flashy and effective. big show's punch, is boring. you don't hear the fans screaming after that one. and as for the styles clash, a bigger wrestlers need to use it. and i'm really liking the pay dirt, if executed right... It's easy to hit, like the RKO and you can pretty much hit that anywhere at anytime. During the attitude era alot of moves were considered finishers but shouldn't be finishers(people's elbow, leg drop in the 80's) but it got the crowd goin... maybe that's what they're trying to do with R-Truth's lie detector.

Sure Big Show's KO punch looks devastating and what not, it's just the fact that pretty much every other wrestler punches their opponent in the face at least 20 times in a match, whereas Big Show needs the whole match the charge his punch bar. Makes no sense.

The 619 has always looked weak and how he gets them on the 2nd rope is ridiculous but we all love him so nobody really cares.

The FU (refuse to call it the AA) isn't too fancy, but it looks perfect when John Cena does it. Standing in the middle of the right carrying your opponent and FU. Don't know how to describe it, it's just his thing.

Every one of Santino Marella's moves look weak.. but god damn funny to watch :D

Finishers need to be flashy and effective. big show's punch, is boring. you don't hear the fans screaming after that one.
Sure. It is boring, but still lives up to the name as a finisher. It may not look as pretty as Starship Pain, but my God is it more effective. If I had the choice between a 210 pound may flipping onto my torso or a 500 pound giant punching me in the face, well the choice is pretty self explanatory.

and as for the styles clash, a bigger wrestlers need to use it. and i'm really liking the pay dirt, if executed right...
No. That is one of the charms of the Styles Clash, being that he could hit it on just about anyone. The Styles Clash is not a power wrestlers move. It is more of a finesse wrestlers move. Like Triple H hitting the 619.

To bad is it rarely hit right. It is either botched being given or received.

It's easy to hit, like the RKO and you can pretty much hit that anywhere at anytime.
No. The Pay Dirt is not like the RKO. The RKO has the full force of Randy falling with the wrester. The Pay Dirt is nothing more the a glorified trip move anymore. No one sells it right and he should go back to using the Exploder Suplex as his primary finisher.

During the attitude era alot of moves were considered finishers but shouldn't be finishers(people's elbow, leg drop in the 80's) but it got the crowd goin... maybe that's what they're trying to do with R-Truth's lie detector.
The reason I believe R-Truth has started using the Lie Detector because he can hit it out of nowhere and still keep the flash. R-Truth is the style of wrestler that you sell the sizzle, not the steak. The steak is there, but people care more about the sizzle with Truth.

The attitude adjustment is weak to me. It is just a fireman's carry. A star like Cena should have a great finisher, and it gets over, but is weak.

Christian's kill switch used to be a lot better as well. When he first was using it back in the day it was a great move, but has gotten watered down recently. He holds them a lot looser now and it just looks weak, so it went from being great to just okay.

I am a sucker for the turnbuckle finishers. I think more stars should do them. The elbow from Macho was one of my favorites, along with the frog splash.

Personally CM Punk I don't think has the best finisher. Yes it's affective but it's way to simple. Like Cenas. But really if were talking about weak finishers think of The Rck & Hulk Hogan. Hogan just had a legdrop and a boot. Suckish. And then a rock bottom. I'm 15 and i could git up from that. And what about the peoples elbow. What'll that do leave a mar on your chest thats it.

I dont know why so many dislike Shaimus's boot. Its devastating everytime he uses it. Especially when he first attacked Triple H. But stand alone? I dont think so. He needs something to go along with it. Something thats not so set up like the boot kick and more surprising.

As for crappy finishers, I agree with Paydirt. I miss those devastating powerslams being up front and center.

Definately hate Big Show's punch cause I hate when they over emphasis his size. Yes hes big and we can see that! Its more impressive when he uses his Show Stopper and lifts the guy practically over his shoulders to be greeted with a seven foot drop.

Lastly, the Unprettier is getting really old. I love Christian and understand hes had that move for along time, but he needs to change that move cause its so unrealistic.

what i find funny in here is that you are all forgetting the WORST finishing move of all time! the FU/Attitude adjustment yeah thats right i said it, all cena does is pick up an opponent and drop them off to one side, MY GOD!!! what a BRILLIANT MOVE!...well no cause it is a hyped up firemans carry isnt it really! i mean i totally agree with most of you with the moves like r-truth and edges spear (although i kinda like it) but this has to be the worst and im shocked that none of you have mentioned it when one of the posters has slagged off JoMo's split legged monisault! i mean cmon atleast that takes skill to pull off!

Right there with you. The attitude adjustment is pretty weak. He just flips in the air, nothing driving the opponent into the air. Against larger opponents it is impressive, but it doesn't live up to moves like the RKO, Sweet Chin Music, Codebreaker, etc in terms of impact and intensity.

Drew McIntyre's futureshock ddt is just AWFUL in evry match i've seen him use it in their head never even touches the ground. My 2 year old niece could kick out of that.

Would someone please bring back a good aggressive piledriver?

I think the codebreaker most of the time looks like crap. Jericho is slamming himself to the mat way harder than he's slamming the other guy's face into his knee. I'd much rather him use pretty much every other finisher he's had. I liked the running enziguri. A kick to the head is a believable finisher IMO. A good enziguri looks even better than a good superkick.

I don't really have any problem with McIntyre's double underhook ddt. I don't expect them to be drilled hard into the canvas, that would shorten careers. The idea is to make it look close, and it looks close enough for me.

I think the codebreaker most of the time looks like crap. Jericho is slamming himself to the mat way harder than he's slamming the other guy's face into his knee. I'd much rather him use pretty much every other finisher he's had.

I like the Codebreaker, although the falling is necessary. The falling isn't the bad part. It is the sudden stop on the knee that hurts.The added weight theoretically adds more velocity falling to a sudden stop onto a hard point, the knee. With that little science filled rant out of the way, if you had that done to you for real, there is a very good probability that your jaw is broken.

I liked the running enziguri. A kick to the head is a believable finisher IMO. A good enziguri looks even better than a good superkick.
I agree a kick to the head is a good finisher. But to say a enziguri is better then a good Superkick, that is a personal opinion. I would rather take a kick to the back of the head then to the mouth. Not only that, you could take serious injury from both if done wrong, but more damage could come from a Superkick if hit in the wrong spot.

The finisher I I dislike the most is MVP's Playmaker. I mean I honestly believe him having that as a finisher is one of the reasons why he hasn't been pushed as a main eventer yet. Zigglers Zig Zag isn't is bad as alot of people like to say it is, IMO its o.k. for now as he's just a mid-carder as well as Benjamin's Paydirt. And I agree with Cookie14 I would also like to see more wrestlers use submission fiinishers. I would like to see MVP use something like the Texas Cloverleaf and use the Playmaker as the set up for the Cloverleaf. As for Ziggler I believe he's using the sleeper as a secondary finisher now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back