Weak looking finishers.

The player is a shitty ass looking finisher, MVP should have that Sheamus's backbreaker. The Rock Bottom backbreaker like one....i think it would suit him really really well.

It has to be John Morrisons Starship Pain (I think thats what you call it). First of all I agree that Morrison makes the move look amazing and it is a truly awesome, athletic maneuver but I mean come on when was the last time you saw John Morrison actually hit it properly. Even if Morrison hits the move perfectly all it is is a sitting splash from the top rope. Not very convincing at all in my opinion.

An honorable mention is MVP's Playmaker. Sure he never has to use it :p but when he does can someone please explain how that is supposed to get someone down for a three count. The recipients head is cushioned by MVP's knee for goodness sake!! I just cant get into a match that MVP wins because I am never convinced by the Playmaker

I'm gonna have to say Randy Ortons punt.

Sure, I know. It hurts and it could knock you out getting kicked in the head, but look at how many superstars actually do kick their opponent in the head.

I'm gonna have to say Randy Ortons punt.

Sure, I know. It hurts and it could knock you out getting kicked in the head, but look at how many superstars actually do kick their opponent in the head.

You're kidding right?

Orton's punt has impact, he stands back and starts running for the punt, even when it's badly done it looks painful.

When the other wrestlers kick eachother in the head they don't take a stand back to run for the impact, it looks a lot more like a stomp, or what would have to be an Enziguri, Sweet Chin Music or Trouble in Paradise, two of which are already finishers so they can't possibly count on your theory of "look at how many superstars actually do kick their opponent in the head"

Besides, the punt serves as a finisher, while a few people use the spear (Batista, Big Show on occasions) neither of them served as a spear, Edge's spear does serve as one, hence it should serve as a match ender more than a simple move.

And to top it off, as far as I've read Triple H commented on the impact of the punt, that it actually does hurt, leaves a stinging feeling in the neck I believe he said after he was punted at Backlash, so something that legitimately can leave your neck stinging doesn't have the ability to come off as a powerful finisher, I'd call you nuts.

Yeah MVP's playmaker and R-truth's lie detector are both awful. One that has'nt been mentioned (to my knowing) is the Hart Dynasty's one where DH Smith picks up the opponent and Tyson jumps off the top rope and hits the clothesline it's just a glorified flying clothesline that Kane does.

I also don't like Zack Ryder's finisher as he looks sooooo uncomfortable doing it.

For the record I think Matt Hardy's side effect should be his finisher with the twist of fate as his secondary finisher.

I think the Future Shock from Drew Mcyintire looks weak. It does not even look like it is hitting the head. Plus the way he does it and with the camera angles it almost always shows that their heads do not even bounce off the mat.
The Chokeslam from Kane has been overused so many times that I do not see it as a strong finisher, especially to finish off the Undertaker in Hell In A Cell.

Cena's AA is Like Hogans Leg Drop. Very Weak but gets the Job Done.... It Drives me Crazy thinking about How Long HBK had to Lay there after Hogan Hit the Boot and Clapped and posed.....and clapped and Posed.....SICK HBK is a Ledgend and Beat the Holy Hell Out of him for 25 min. Hogan HAD NO OFFENSE untill he hit Hbk in the Head 3 times and Hit the Boot to the Face. WORST MOMENT IN SS History

Wade Barrett - It's basically a firemans carry throw onto their back. It may aswell just be a Scoop Slam. At least with the FU, you get elevation when Cena throws em over and with elevation, the impact of the move is better & much believable.

Darren Young - A Full Nelson side facebuster just isnt devastating and realistically they could land on their knees or feet when they get flipped to the side, if they want.

Michael Tarver - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6-LOKFYKpk. Another move that's equivalent to a Scoop Slam but to Barrett's credit, this equivalent is much crappy looking.

Heath Slater & Dolph Ziggler - Both pretty much have the same finisher. The fact they have to jump and pull their opponent with them does more damage to their own backs than it does the opponent.

Shelton Benjamin - Same as above as it's just a reverse Zig Zag.

MVP - It looks easy to counter, has no impact at all on the back.

Ultimate Warrior - His splash would be more believable to beat someone if he were a fat guy or doing it from the top rope. His body isnt very rock hard to take the breath out of someone for the 3 count, with a regular splash.

Wade Barrett's. it has the same impact of a body slam. it looks like hes laying his opponent down.

John Morrison's starship pain also looks so weak, yeah its flashy, but how am i supposed to believe that will keep an opponent out for 3 seconds? he barely hits his opponent half the time. and sometimes he hits opponents legs or barely gets their stomach. so stupid.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I have not gone through every reply on here so have no doubt these have already been mentioned.

The Attitude adjustment

The Bookend/Rock Bottom

The Angle Slam

All of the above look weak and I find it hard to believe they would "finish" a man off. Nothing more than glorified bodyslams in my opinion.

The frogsplash- Looks as though it hurts the person performing it more than it hurts the opponent.

But in my opinion the worst finisher of all time is

The legdrop- Back in the 80's even with Hulk Hogan at his steroid induced prime the legdrop looked weak. I know the Hulkster had a very limited move set but this was just plain awful.

Just my opinion though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back