Cena's FU to 'Attitude Adjustment'

colalella2891

Pre-Show Stalwart
You have probably realized that John Cena's finisher name has been changed to 'the Attitude Adjustment'. I guess it was done for the kids, but I think it's stupid. The FU was a parody for the F5. But even though I think that name is rediculous, if there's a finisher that you think has a gay name, what would you change it to? Do you like the new name for Cena's finisher? Also, if there's a finisher that you would give someone else, what would you give them? If there's a fnisher that is super weak and shouldn't be a finisher, name that too. If a superstar changed finishers and shouldn't have, discuss that. Post you thoughts on finishers...

Before I start I just have to say that one of my favorite forms of irony is people spelling "ridiculous" as "rediculous." The only thing that trumps that is "retarted." No offense.

For me, it's not an issue. I can understand the reasoning though. FU was a cool name but Lesnar hasn't wrestled for five years. The joke is gone. I'm more concerned about Cena learning how to execute a Death Valley Driver so it looks painful instead of just like he's lightly plopping a guy down on his back.

Here's my question.

Does anyone care about the Unprettier being renamed the Killswitch? I always thought Unprettier was a funny name and kind of cool but does in inhibit Christian's ability to be taken seriously at all? I'm probably just overthinking it but the name does suit Christian better when he's wearing big glasses, throwing temper tantrums and talking about awesomeness. Killswitch just sounds badass and it fits. Although if you watched 'Mania then you know that J.R. didn't get the memo about the name change. Of course, it's J.R. so I wouldn't have been surprised if he referred to Christian as Edge and called the move an Impaler DDT.

i didnt see anythin wrong with it bein called the FU honestly i dont think "attitude adjustment" just doesnt fit....FU does....and for that matter has anyone else noticed he doesnt do his u cant see me thing or the two pinky thing? wat was it a gang sign or somethin? before i remember peele (idk how to spell it) was a soccor star i thought it was a dumb name...now its sounds cool...honestly only one i can think of that doesnt fit is the "attitude adjustment"

changing the anaconda vise to the go to sleep sucks. hardly any guys have a sumbmission finisher now... are they phasing out submission wrestling or something?? i have never really cared for the fu or whatever its called.

does kung fu naki have a finisher?

Let's think about this change of names for a second...

The WWE has changed it's image from vulgar adult entertainment...aka the "ATTITUDE" era, to pg family fun. WWE is trying to "ADJUST" their image from something that was controversial to a more respectable product. Having their poster boy John Cena change his signature move from the FU, which is all about attitude, to the Attitude Adjuster is WWE's way of saying those days are dead and gone we're all about family entertainment kiss our corporate asses...

i didnt see anythin wrong with it bein called the FU honestly i dont think "attitude adjustment" just doesnt fit....FU does....and for that matter has anyone else noticed he doesnt do his u cant see me thing or the two pinky thing? wat was it a gang sign or somethin? before i remember peele (idk how to spell it) was a soccor star i thought it was a dumb name...now its sounds cool...honestly only one i can think of that doesnt fit is the "attitude adjustment"

Pele- with an accent mark....I wouldn't say that was a finisher, kinda like Elix Skipper's "Matrix" dodge move. And I think Cena isn't doing the hand signals so it isn't taken as a "gang sign". I don't even know if he refers to his fans as the chain gang anymore either...

changing the anaconda vise to the go to sleep sucks. hardly any guys have a sumbmission finisher now... are they phasing out submission wrestling or something?? i have never really cared for the fu or whatever its called.

does kung fu naki have a finisher?
Long story short, submissions are usually boring to casual fans. The WWE is trying to entice new people in to watch them; with the plethora of real exciting sporting events in the form of MMA and the like the WWE can't have two guys lying on the mat doing a submission.

Funaki used a tornado ddt back in the day, but now he doesn't really get enough offense to get to use a finisher. No real need for a jobber to even have a finisher.

Unprettier is about as stupid a name as I have ever
heard. "Go to sleep" is just as bad. I also hate "codebreaker"
(the move and the name actually) and of course " sweet
chin music" is über gay, but then again so is HBK so I
guess it's fitting.

it's spelled Pele and it's not soccor it's football.

and yeh Attitude Adjuster just sounds like a random and gay manuver,

but i do like the change from unprettier to killswitch, sounds more mainevent like and more seriose

come on guys. Quit trying to make this more complicated than what it is. Regardless of whether or not it was a parody, that fact is it is still called the FU, and that is why it is being changed. Same goes for the STFU, which if you notice was back to being called the STF last night.

I udnerstand why they changed it from FU, but they could have coe up with something better thanAttitude Adjustment, which sounds really lame. I always thought Unprettier was better than Killswitch though, Killswitch reminds me of the band and also sounds too vicious for Christian's character. Not to mention pretty generic.

It doen't matter that the finisher doesn't fit the gimmick anymore, and I identifed the Unrpettier with Christian. HHH didn't change the "Pedigree" to the "End Game" or whatever when he stopped being the snob character did he?

i never liked the fu or the "attitude adjustment." it just looks to damn week. never cared for john morrison's moonlight drive either. the miz's reality check is pretty lame, ricky o's big o is terrible, do they have a name for mike knox's finisher? cause that thing can look like it fuckin hurts! in my personal opinion, i think the deadliest finisher is the undertaker's tombstone piledriver. that move looks like it could kill someone every time i see it. well, that's how i feel about some finishers.

Unprettier is about as stupid a name as I have ever
heard. "Go to sleep" is just as bad. I also hate "codebreaker"
(the move and the name actually) and of course " sweet
chin music" is über gay, but then again so is HBK so I
guess it's fitting.

"Go to Sleep" is a stupid name, that's why it's usually called the "GTS" which sounds a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back