Undertakers 15-0 streak becoming 15-1

I like the idea edge vs taker but if he does loose then it should not come to edge... edge still has his little streak (with the expection for the money in the bank match) it should be ended by kane or batista .... in other case it should play off as edge cheatin with him being the major heel ..... but edge vs taker at wm 24 would be a hell of a match i would enjoy seein ...but god i want takers streak to continue .

it wouldnt hurt undertakers legacy or whatever you want to call it becouse the undertaker isnt just known for that, he is known for heaps of other accomplishments just like other ppl have mentioned in this forum.
i could see edge doing this it would really put him over ( not that he needs that much) but they could do it in a controversial way so undertaker could say he never really lost. eg: tap out while hand is under the ropes etc.

I don't think there's really any prospect of endangering 'Taker's legacy at this point. His status in the sports entertainment industry is pretty much set in stone. And so it's time, the time every main eventer - save Triple H - must go through, to put another superstar over in a major way. However, I don't know if it will be this WrestleMania when he drops the streak, if he drops it at all, and it isn't necessarily the upcoming one.

I think that the prime candidates for ending the streak are Edge (most likely), Shawn Michaels (in another show-stealer, nonetheless) or an up-and-comer, perhaps CM Punk.

Let's analyse the Edge situation first. To be perfectly honest, Edge doesn't particularly need to end the streak to further his career. He's the best heel in the WWE right now, ending The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak would merely solidify that, I doubt it'd add anything ontop of it, really. Is he worthy of it? Most definitely. He's The Rock to Cena's Austin (it physically hurts me to say that), he's the company's second biggest main eventer and will probably be the face of SmackDown! for years to come. He's not unworthy to end the streak of the Deadman, and it's quite easy for even the biggest 'Taker fan to perceive that.

The Shawn Michaels situation on the other hand, is rather different. Michaels also has a massive legacy, one that revolves around WrestleMania if you're a subscriber to the theory that he steals every single fucking one he's in, like I am. He's got nothing to gain really, but it'd be a massive showdown, and one that people would pay to see. What match could possibly draw better than Mr. WrestleMania vs. Mr. WrestleMania? Hogan/Austin is the only one that comes to mind. HBK is more worthy than anyone in the business right now and it makes perfect sense. Although, like I said, it's not as likely as the Edge theory.

Now for the least likely prospect, 'Taker putting over a young superstar in the biggest match of their career. For hypothetical reasons, I'll say CM Punk. It just seems the most likely (do you see him putting over Carlito or MVP?). Unlike the others, he has a massive amount to gain. It could literally make his career and elevate his status to ridiculous heights. Although, again unlike the others, there's the question about whether he's worthy to end The Undertaker's streak. It's questionable sure, but I'd say that of the newcomers, Punk is the most worthy. I mean, he's already been the head of a brand, and a world champion. I can see it happening, no matter how unlikely.

I think you guys are overeacting just a little it. IF the Undertaker does loose at WM it wont tarnish his legacy as much as you would think. The Undertaker is by far the most respected man in all of wrestling. Look how old he is and how great he is still wrestling. Both Flair and Hogan couldn't do this and the undertaker seems to be getting better with age. If the Undertaker were to put someone over at WM i agree it should be Edge a wrestler that is well estalished but a wreslter that is going to be the future. I also think that after the match the wrestler that beats him should show respect that is well deserved(have the wreslers shake hands, hug, blah blah,)

I personally dont think that the WWE would end Takers streak as I think that he will retire being undefeated at Wrestlemania.

I just dont think Edge should defeat the deadman at Mania. I mean sure Edge is a great main eventer and has improved alot over the past 2 years, but the Undertaker is just legendary and if he does loses @ Mania, it will hurt his legacy quite a bit IMO. Also Edge is already way over with the crowd, so he doesnt need to defeat taker @ mania to get booed even more.

Wouldnt you rather see Taker retiring being undefeated @ Mania because I kno I would. I know people say that Taker is already established and doesnt need to keep winning @ Mania, while to some extent that may be true, I think that the Deadman needs a reward for all his hardwork by retiring undefeated at Wrestlemania!

Undertaker cant lose his record it wouldnt be right, and as someone said, edge doesnt need to beat Taker to be the biggest heel in WWE. His kept it for so long so why make it all worth nothing now? Undertaker should win and keep his undeafeated record. But it is sure hell to be one heck of a match thats for Sure!

Actually your wrong, Edge has lost and Edge himself actually acknowledged that on Raw sometime not too long after WM 23.Here's my theory about WM 24 match between Edge/Undertaker.Edge will get DQed that way both of them 'keep their streak' because even if Edge gets DQed Undertaker will still go 16-0 because he still won the match.Because not too many people know of Edge actually acknowledging his lose and alot of people still say Edge has his streak since he didn't get pinned,they could fool the people by having Edge get DQed which would keep both their streaks of never being pinned or made to submit at WM.Then they would just have Undertaker win the WHC back at Backlash or something like that after WM.Boom there ya go,Edge and Undertaker put on a great 20 something minute match at WM,Edge gets DQed and Undertaker takes it to 16-0.

Undertaker has too much respect for the WWE and the wrestling business as a whole to retire undefeated at Wrestlemania. What's the point of having him go undefeated for so long if he's not going to lose? It'd all be for nothing. That's a huge win for a young up and comer who's on the verge of becoming the biggest guy in the company. It'd be a waste to have a guy like Edge beat him, that does nothing for him. I've said for awhile that if Harry Smith is as good as advertised, he could be the one in a couple years...he's got the potential to be a star, and the fact that he's related to Undertaker's close friend Bret Hart might help him. But he needs to lay off the roids.

id quit watching the wwe altogether if he lost it...especially to some chump like edge...hes a great heel, but that record means too much to the company, especially since he's the only one hos been there for so long. i pray it never happens...but the dq thing would be cool

Im thinking that there is no way that Undertaker will give up his streak unless he was retiring. Taker knows how to do buisness and he would put someone over at 'mania on his way out, but does Edge really need it? I think Taker is going to get the win unfortunately

From past reports, Undertaker was willing to let the streak end for Kane, but Kane in response didn't want to be the one responsible for ending Undertaker's streak. Great that the two guys have respect for one another, but when it comes down to it, the only proper decision is for Undertaker to ALWAYS be undefeated, and if they do have him lose, Kane really should be the only option to set Kane up for a monster run before he retires.

Plus, Taker will always be the best, a loss at Mania won't hurt it.

As for Edge, I could really see Edge ending it because WWE seems to be high on him.

I have a feeling Cena will eventually beat Taker's streak whether Taker's streak ends this year or not. Our only hope of Cena not winning was if he was injured during the WMs, but there's rumours swirling he'll be back by WM because he is ahead of schedule.

I think honestly, it would/should be determined by the opponents they've faced. Edge fought a lot of good Wrestlemania matches that could've easily went against him. The T.L.C. matches count as matches that could've went either way. The MITB match counts as a solid match that could've went to someone else. His match against Booker T. at WM X-8, easily his match against Foley could've went against him.

Ultimately, I don't like Undertaker's streak being "impressive." He's defeated -- Jimmy Snuka, Jake Roberts, Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Diesel, Sid, Kane(2), Bossman, Triple H, Ric Flair, Big Show & A-Train, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, & Batista.

Jake Roberts basically jobbed big time to him, so did Snuka. Taker's character back then was SO dominate, that neither of those two stood a snowball's chance in hell. Taker v. King Kong Bundy was a joke, likewise with Taker v. Gonzales. Taker v. Bossman, Ric Flair & Mark Henry were all way too predictable. So boil it down, Taker has less than a handful of GOOD victories at Wrestlemania, against Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista, & Kane. As ANY of those matches could've went either way.

I heard that Taker verses Bossman was like a 10 minute Hell in a Cell match.
Anyway,Taker going against The Game was also a predictable match and the second match w/ Kane.It doesn't matter whether it was a bathroom break match or the greatest match in WM History,the point is.....he's undefeated at the greatest event ever!

Now to the topic people have been talking about so much.People are so full of shit.Before Wrestlemania 22, there was a rumor that it was decided for Triple H to win the title.Another rumor was when Rey won the Rumble,people said on the internet that instead of getting a World title shot,he was getting a United States title match with Benoit.Don't believe everything you read on the internet.Just have common sense.
Edge is my favorite wrestler and it's been like that since he returned after WM-20.I never want Undertakers streak to end.I can't choose who I want to win but I can give out my prediction on who I think is going to win.If Undertaker does face Edge,he's going to win.But what about Batista?What if he ends up winning the Rumble again?If he faces Edge,I think Edge will win.Batista sucks if you ask me.Anyway,there you have it.

I dont know if this was posted, because I really don't feel like sitting and reading 9 pages of posts.
I remember hearing somewhere that Taker was supposed to retire a few years ago, and the storyline for the match sounded perfect for an Undertaker last match. Undertake was to win the title so that he could still be undefeated, and then the lights would go out, there would be a lightning strike, and then the lights would go up with an empty ring and the best laying in the ring vacant.
Having Undertaker lose would be a bad move for the WWE, that record is legendary, and one loss would just make it not matter.

Taker is on an endless contract with the WWE. It will only end when they mutually decide it is time. I also don't think that they will ever have his streak at WM end as it will take away from the storied line of the Undertaker.

Personally i think Undertaker is the greatest wrestler ever along with Ric Flair but if taker loses at mania many people will wonder why WWE would do this and maybe stop watching! The only reason most people watch smackdown is because of Taker & Rey so if Taker loses at Mania Smackdown will die!

I think it's an insult to the Undertaker to say that his entire legacy is the streak. As long as the match was good, and whoever beat him deserved to win, i wouldn't have a problem with it. And from what has been said, i don't think Mark is too concerned about the thought of losing either. 15-1 is still impressive and I doubt that they won't create another streak in the future to follow.

I wish it would become 15-1 but anyone who honestly thinks there is a chance is out of their mind. I would love for Edge to beat the Undertaker but there is almost no way it will happen. I am one of the few who just don't like Undertaker that much anymore nor do I want to see him win the title off Edge in a match that will probably be good but just doesn't do much for me since it seems so predictable that Undertaker will win.

I think breaking Taker's streak could be the worst move that WWE could do, worse than making Khali champion. His 15-0 streak at WM is the biggest part of his legacy. It's something that sets Mark Calaway apart from all WWE stars and it's what puts him in the history books.

Even if some of his opponents were lame, he has 15 wins under his belt. That's 15 years worth of Wrestlemania. It shows how Undertaker has been able to change and adapt in order to keep his gimmick interesting for all these years.

Besides, I can't think of anyone worthy enough to end the streak. Randy Orton was a good candidate but he lost to Taker already. Unless some really impressive, young talent comes along, I don't think there's anyone on the roster worthy enough to end the streak.

why should he step down when he clearly is still a top draw....he gets the biggest pop out of anyone in the WWE....did you not see WM23?.....Vince is not a stupid man, he's going to run Taker on top while he's still able to capitalize on him being a draw....the newcomers have had plenty of chances and i've yet to see anyone outside of Kennedy prove that they are ready for top spot...and don't say Jeff Hardy, he's hardly a newcomer.....

I agree. People like Taker,flair,michaels and trips shudnt have to step down if they dont wont to.Not sayin they shudnt but when u get lose a hell in a cell to batista at vengeance,get helped out of the arena and recive a stndin ovation from 9,500 people u deserve not to have to job

It is ludicrous to even suggest that Undertaker's streak ends, to Edge or anyone in the future. It is one of the last "real" things left in the business, something that can resonate with even the most casual of wrestling fans. Vince must realize the importance of this as well, for he is a fool if he doesn't. The Undertaker has been and always will be one of the most consistent draws, and having him job to someone at 'Mania is just plain stupid from a business standpoint.
On a personal note, I was a huge Goldberg mark back in the days of the streak. This was before i became smart to the ways of wrestling. Anyway, I remember the night the streak ended when Goldberg lost to Kevin Nash at Starrcade '98 (with a little help from Scott Hall and a taser). I didn't watch WCW anything for a few weeks. And does anyone agree (if you remember those times) that Goldberg seemed a little bit less badass, less unstoppable? Human even? Or Samoa Joe? Umaga?
Taker in my mind will always be one of the best but he will lose a little bit of his luster, plus the guy who defeats him could grow a head the size of Great Khali's pecs. And Vince McMahon must realize at least that.

Personally I don't think Takers streak will ever end, Behind all the kayfabe every single wrestler in their has immense respect for 'taker because he's always been with the WWF/WWE and he's willing (somewhat) to job to younger wrestlers. Ending the streak would be one of the most ******ed things the WWE has ever done and I think (Atleast hope) Vince knows that. But we must admit the facts...Takers old and beat up (Still can put on amazing matches) which is why I sadly don't see him getting a title shot at wm24.

I predict, Retirement at this years survivor series after a major jobbing to kane =P.

I think breaking Taker's streak could be the worst move that WWE could do, worse than making Khali champion. His 15-0 streak at WM is the biggest part of his legacy. It's something that sets Mark Calaway apart from all WWE stars and it's what puts him in the history books.
Hello, I'm new here and I didn't bother to read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this has been said before.

Personally, I think losing at 'Mania will do little to nothing to 'Taker's image. I mean, we are talking about a guy that has already his place secure in the WWE Hall of Fame: he competed at the very first Hell In A Cell match and was involved in some of the biggest feuds and matches in the WWE history.

If Edge wins, he would cement his place in the WWE history books, as well as become one of the biggest heels in the history of the company. Edge could begin his rise to legend status, which is something, IMO, the WWE is in need of right now. I mean, a few years ago the company had The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Triple H, etc, all top figures. Now, what do they have? Cena? Hardy? Orton? Sure, but they need to give them a huge push if they want them to become the new key figures in the company.

If I was to script the Edge - 'Taker match at 'Mania, I'd put Edge over 'Taker without a doubt. Yeah, it's a daring move, but it's also so sick you gotta love it. These are just my two cents anyway: I don't think WWE would put Edge over 'Taker.

Hello, I'm new here and I didn't bother to read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this has been said before.

Personally, I think losing at 'Mania will do little to nothing to 'Taker's image. I mean, we are talking about a guy that has already his place secure in the WWE Hall of Fame: he competed at the very first Hell In A Cell match and was involved in some of the biggest feuds and matches in the WWE history.

If Edge wins, he would cement his place in the WWE history books, as well as become one of the biggest heels in the history of the company. Edge could begin his rise to legend status, which is something, IMO, the WWE is in need of right now. I mean, a few years ago the company had The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Triple H, etc, all top figures. Now, what do they have? Cena? Hardy? Orton? Sure, but they need to give them a huge push if they want them to become the new key figures in the company.

If I was to script the Edge - 'Taker match at 'Mania, I'd put Edge over 'Taker without a doubt. Yeah, it's a daring move, but it's also so sick you gotta love it. These are just my two cents anyway: I don't think WWE would put Edge over 'Taker.

I agree that Undertaker already is guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame but like I said, his Wrestlemania streak sets him apart from the rest. Sure, Edge would receive a huge push for being the only man to defeat Undertaker at WM. But, does Edge really need more of a push than he has right now? He's already a 3 time world champion and I think he still has more to offer.

I don't think it's worth tarnishing a legend's legacy just to give a push to a young star that may not even last as long as Undertaker has in this business. 15-0 is not just about being undefeated, it is a testament of Undertaker's loyalty and legacy in the WWE.

I agree that Undertaker already is guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame but like I said, his Wrestlemania streak sets him apart from the rest. Sure, Edge would receive a huge push for being the only man to defeat Undertaker at WM. But, does Edge really need more of a push than he has right now? He's already a 3 time world champion and I think he still has more to offer.

I don't think it's worth tarnishing a legend's legacy just to give a push to a young star that may not even last as long as Undertaker has in this business. 15-0 is not just about being undefeated, it is a testament of Undertaker's loyalty and legacy in the WWE.
I agree that Undertaker's streak is a huge part of the WWE legacy. I also think, as I said on my earlier post, that the company is in need for new 'key figures': they need to start appealing to newest generation of fans by creating new "legends" that can carry the company into the future. The way I see it, this could be just like when Hogan defeated Andre The Giant, or Stone Cold defeated HBK. Those matches made Hogan and Austin. The same could happen to Edge here. How much longer can 'Taker be able to compete? Edge is in his prime right now, he's the best heel the company has, and they better take advantage of it.

I have to say that the Undertaker is one of the best the company has ever had. I can't imagine his legacy being tarnished by a 15-1 at Wrestlemania. If that's still not impressive enough, he's been involved in moments and matches that will go down as the best in the company's history. Time to pass the torch, maybe? Plus, if I recall correctly, there is already a DVD covering 'Taker's streak at 'Mania: '15-0'. I don't think they'd be releasing a brand new DVD entitled '16-0' just for one more match: this could be an indication that the WWE has been in talks about Undertaker losing his streak.

That being said, I DO think that 'Taker should have a call on this. He has earned the right to. This is a matter that should be run with him, and if he doesn't want to lose, he shouldn't.

I guess we'll have to wait 'til Wrestlemania to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back