• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertakers 15-0 streak becoming 15-1

Sorry... title should be: Kennedy to end Taker's streak this year?

Mr. Kennedy said that if wins the money in the bank again this year he would use the title shot later that night to challenge the WWE Champion, whoever it may be. I call that foreshadowing. What I expect to happen now is for The Undertaker to overcome the odds and defeat Edge, maybe getting a post match beat down, from Edge and the Edgeheads. This then brings out Kennedy to cash in his Money in the Bank championship match, where he beats Undertaker, ending his streak, reversing his and Edge's previous roles, and winning the title at Wrestlemania, just like he predicted oh so long ago...

Thoughts?

for the undertaker to lose this streak after all these years is just simply ridiculous to me...i know i heard he himself doesnt make a big deal about it, but we as fans do...when would we ever have another person going 15 0r 16 and 0 at wrestlemania of all events...the undertaker should end his career with this intact just like flair will retire with the most championships..this is truly whats wrestlin all about...whats the point of havin a legacy if theres a 1 in the loss column..
(i give you the Patriots this year)

I think the Undertaker will win this year, I think they will let him retire with the streak or use it to give someone like Kennedy or MVP the rub and move them up to the next level.

this is whats going to happen, Edge will lose by DQ, therefore keeping the title and taker keeps his winning streak. why? think about it, Edge already has 2 short title reigns, i dont think he'll lose anytime soon. plus, of all the ppl that could end takers streak, you really think they'll give that honor to edge? they wouldnt even give that honor to cena, and cena is vince's golden boy. i i think the only person on the current roster that can fittingly end takers streak is his "brother" kane. but seeing as how kane has gone down in the ranks these past couple....i guess years now, i dont think thats gonna heppen

I think that whomever, if anyone, that defeats him will instantly be placed among the forever unforgettables. People will always remember John Cena, and Triple H. Hell, people should even remember Randy Orton, for his gimmick alone.. and as much as I hope people will forever remember Edge, I think hes still missing that "one" thing, that'll forever make him "immortal." This should be it.

I agree that Edge needs something to launch him into the "not to be forgotten" superstars, but I don't want this to be it. I don't know about you, but The Undertaker, for me, represents all that I loved and all that I still love about wrestling.

When Taker debuted I was six years old, and legitemately scared of the man. He kicked that crap out of Dusty Rhodes and didn't stop just because they were eliminated. He did those promos where he would go to people's houses and my brother would actually have nightmares that the Undertaker would come to our house and kidnap us. Part of this has to do with the gimmick, but a lot had to do with how great the man could pull it off.

It was all the more scary that he didn't lose for a year. If you ask me, he should have cleanly went over Hogan, and also won that bogus rematch a few days later. However, the main focus was on Flair/Hogan, so Taker step aside.

When we got to the attitude era, Taker willingly steped aside to put over and give Stone Cold Steve Austin the spotlight. Taker went to the tag ranks occasionally or wrestled singles on the mid card so that the main focus of the shows could be on Austin. That is just one example of why I think he is one of the best company men ever.

Through the years and all the way up to today, The Undertaker has remained, arguably the best in the business. His legendary streak has been a huge part of Wrestlemania for the almost a decade, despite only two of those matches being for a world title. I'm normally all for setting up the future, in this case one of my current favorites Edge, but the Undertaker has done more than anyone could ask for and honestly deserves to keep this steak and have no one touch it. It may be an age thing, I was young enough to believe The Undertaker was truly unstoppable when he debuted and now I'm old enough to look back and appriciate his entire career when its drawing to an end. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this encounter, mainly because since I was six I've grown to love the Undertaker and everything he's stood for.

If you think the undertakers streak ends at mania YOU ARE INSANE!

The babyface leaves with the title almost every year!!! I think if anyone ever has a chance at ending Takers streak at mania it has to be 1 of 2 men

1. Hogan- His creative controll would obviously play into it and the fact that he jobbed to taker for the belt twice with no return..

I refuse to believe that anyone owes Hogan anything. That guy was at the very top for so damned long, its not even funny. He's trampled on so many names. The reason people like Piper and other names from that era never had the title was not due to their lack of talent or charisma, it was Captain Spotlight here.

No one owes Hogan anything. Especially not the Undertaker. Hogan was taken more than he's given in his career.

I wouldn't mind seeing Takers' streak end at many, simply because it would be surprising and wrestling isn't all that surprising anymore. Saying that I know it will not happen, if they didn't have Batista do it last year, why would they have Edge do it? I mean they will not have Takers' streak end by some bogus interference, and there is not way they will have Edge win fair and square. That, plus the fact that the face always walks out of many on top, which I hope changes for the WWE title match, it is pretty obvious Taker' will win the belt and get another shot at a long title run, here is too hoping he doesn't get hurt this time.

I'd really like to see 'Taker going out on a high note rather than loosing to Edge. I don't think that Edge has enough of a vilanous push at the moment to see Taker go at WM.

09's WM is meant to be happening in Texas, which would be a good place for the 'Dead Man' to make his leave. As it's also Shaun Michael's stomping ground it'd make sense to put these two together for one final show. They work well and have had a fair share of well produced matches together.

I'd love to see a Hell In A Cell re-match with Taker coming up trumps. It'd be great to see him go 16-0 with a respectable finish (like that of Jericho/Michaels at WMXIX)..

the undertaker is the most dominat in the WWE today

i would shurly be very saddend if he were to go

he is my favorit guy in the whole of wrestling

i shure think WWE will not end hi streak now, or next years wrestlemania. i would say it will be when he will be 20-0 this i think will show how dominant the guy really is

well who knows what will happen ??

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Undertaker is highly respected in the WWE in regards to the managerial staff (Vince McMahon in particular) having the utmost respect for him. There's no way that Undertaker can lose the match.

That being said Edge will probably win the title. Lately they seem to be pulling at straws to find any reason to let Edge win a match/retain the title. I don't see anything different happening. Most likely Edge will disqualify himself/get disqualified. That way he keeps his streak of "never being pinned/submitting" at WrestleMania alive while Taker gets his "16-0". Possibly being Taker's last WrestleMania though, I don't see them pulling something like this on him. I'm torn.

That being said, keep in mind there was a DVD on the Undertaker called "15-0". I don't foresee a much longer career in the WWE for him so I wouldn't be surprised if they made him lose here as revamping a "15-0" DVD to a "16-0" DVD wouldn't make much sense.

It wont happen, it would disgust alot of people and thye would lose SERIOUS rating in the process of it all. UT is almost biggest superstar in the WWE right now, possibly the biggest. UT dominating at wrestlemania is predictable, but those matches are always interesting, and the WWE plays it well, so that it is close to seeming that he will lose the belt. He wont lose at mania, because mania is his legacy.

while I dont think he'll lose at mania I dont think it would make much of a difference to his legacy if he did lose, sure that undefeated streak is nice but hes had so many more accomplishments in his career that this would be minimal and at the end of his career hed have no worries about the winning streak if he lost it, I mean its not like when he retires and hes home he'll say something like "Sara I wish my mania winning streak was still intact" because it just doesnt mean that much and like I said while he wont lose the streak it would be meaningless if he lost it because hes accomplished so much more than just that in his career

I want Undertakers streak, to remain for reasons much bigger than him winning or losing a match.

I feel like Takers streak is one of the only things we have left linking us to the old days, the golden age. It has lasted through thick and thin, through every era the WWE has experienced, on of the ONLY prestigous, high profile thing left around/ Not even the world titles are really that prestigous seeming anymore. The UT streak has gone thru so many things, I think its part of the tradition of WM as much as anything, and it should always stand. Its so much bigger than simply putting someone over to give them a boost. The Takers streak, and remaining our last prestigous link to the past, os MUCH more important to me than ANY payoff that could be acheived by putting someone over by ending it.

Do I think it will end this year?? Certainley not, not with the way they have built Edge to totally non threating, and weak during this title run. He just falls into file with all the other many heels who had GM/CEO backup, and with some cronies willing to interfere. He will probably getsquashed in fact, as WWE is totally booking this to be the classic good overcomes evil storyline.

I feel like Takers streak is one of the only things we have left linking us to the old days, the golden age. It has lasted through thick and thin, through every era the WWE has experienced, on of the ONLY prestigous, high profile thing left around/ Not even the world titles are really that prestigous seeming anymore. The UT streak has gone thru so many things, I think its part of the tradition of WM as much as anything, and it should always stand. Its so much bigger than simply putting someone over to give them a boost. The Takers streak, and remaining our last prestigous link to the past, os MUCH more important to me than ANY payoff that could be acheived by putting someone over by ending it.

I couldn't agree with you more, if Taker gets robbed they need to riot at the citrus bowl or where ever the hell WM is going to be at this year. I would love to see Taker's WM streak go to 20-0. How awesome would that be, that would be the coolest streak in pro wrestling history. That would be a great a legacy he could leave behind when he does finally decide to retire *sobs*. I believe he will win at WM, I mean I know Edge is a good wrestler but he doesn't really seem like the one who deserves to end Taker's streak. But I guess to all Taker fans nobody would be deserving of that honour. If he gets robbed again I may stop watching wrestling altogether.....

Taker FTW!!!!!

:undertaker2:

I want Taker to lose the streak this year so badly. If he wins Edge will look very weak during all his title reigns. They already made him look so weak but if Edge wins it will all pale in comparison. If Edge loses this one,to a lot of people he will be seen as a very weak champion and lose a lot of credibility in the future as champ. I don't think you should do this to your top heel. Imagine if Edge won this match. Can you imagine the heat off of just one match? It would keep Edge as a huge heel for a while. Also, I think if WWE is going to break the streak they NEED to end it this year. If they end it next year or anytime other than this Sunday it will look less impressive to me. If they do it later it will be like,congratulations,you beat an old man past his prime. If they don't want Edge to be the streak-breaker, then they should fufill Kennedy's prophecy by him coming out after the match and winning. Either way, I want it to end this Sunday.

the wwe will go down the s**thole if he loses the streak. god can u imagine how many people(including myself) would stop watching the wwe and riot? its the only real lasting part of the real wwe left. the man should retire next year or whenever with it intact. the fact that hes worked there or so long and not been one of these lose defectors is even more reason he should keep it. edge is a good villain but not that good to be someone to end the streak. you just cant have flairs last match and taker losin the streak in the same night. i could understand if he wins the match but not the belt in some form of dq, but edge is just not the quality champion he used to be. it just has to be that one things that remains and just puts the nail in the coffin(no pun intended) in the dominance of taker in the wwe.

i wouldn't mine seeing the undertaker losing the streak in the furture. but for the love of god, john cena better not be the guy who beats him. there are so many other people worthy of doing it, like kane, hbk, or ric flair. if cena beats him, that would be very disrespectful to undertaker and his legacy.

taker will beat edge at wm24, we all know that.

josh [-4-];405056 said:
i wouldn't mine seeing the undertaker losing the streak in the furture. but for the love of god, john cena better not be the guy who beats him. there are so many other people worthy of doing it, like kane, hbk, or ric flair. if cena beats him, that would be very disrespectful to undertaker and his legacy.

taker will beat edge at wm24, we all know that.

How can you be so sure? The W.W.E. wants to expand on Edge's career and what a better way to do that then by beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Now I am at a split desion here I really don't care who wins, maybe the W.W.E. needs a change maybe if the old W.W.E. dies then there is room for more new, younger talent.

How can you be so sure? The W.W.E. wants to expand on Edge's career and what a better way to do that then by beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Now I am at a split desion here I really don't care who wins, maybe the W.W.E. needs a change maybe if the old W.W.E. dies then there is room for more new, younger talent.

have you seen the way the have been buildin this match? they have edge running away like a pussy from the undertaker. you can usually tell who is going to win by the way the match is built

josh [-4-];405060 said:
have you seen the way the have been buildin this match? they have edge running away like a pussy from the undertaker. you can usually tell who is going to win by the way the match is built

Everyone runs away like a pussy from the Undertaker except Batista and yet Undertaker still one. Their feud was back and forth, the only thing people could rely on to presume the winner was the fact that The Undertaker has never lost at Wresltemania. I'm not saying Edge will win I said I'm at a split dision, I don't care who wins he has a good chance or a better one then fans think he has.

Seeing this debate as to whether undertaker's streak end dis year or not..
only answer...NO CHANCE IN HELL

people say dat undertaker had very few good matches wm..so is it d undertaker's fault if d opponents were not of his standards....look at him d man boasts of 5 FINISHING MOVES ...he has improved his game a lot in d past year..he made dis year's rumble nd chamber match look gold nd lso d previous year's rumble
it takes something 2 beat taker at mania..its his yard its his game
mania is d grandaddy of 'em all d superbowl...nd if an event of dis magnitude didn't have such a symbolic thing attached 2 it as d streak..it would not be worth

It makes WM mean even more giving it an even bigger note...and wait..facing taker at mania now is more a push dan nything..it gets ppl talking and adds heat 2 d person facing taker

The Deadman did not end anybody's streak to get to where he is in the WWE..hell wen he beat hogan-d toppest guy in d company in 1991 4 d wwe title, d reign lasted only 6 days only 2 lose it back to hogan givin d hulkster an added no. of title victories

He was never d centrepoint of d attitude era nor nything big d wwe has done....he has created his own parallel championship which we all call d streak nd d guy deserves props 4 it nd nvr to lose dat championship
cause he owns it

Triple H lost 2 taker at mania...and he main evented d next 5 manias and is now in d main event dis year...did he get buried?Now i know he sleeps wid d boss' daughter but d bottom line is dat he is main eventing manias
Orton lost to him but still today he is d wwe champion..

so it does not mean losing to taker is d end of d career..as i said abv it givs u a push to even b wrestling taker at mania
dese ppl became gr8 becos of dere other gimmicks.lyk d legend killer in d case of orton

Now as for 1 of my friend saying Edge has hadd bttr matches at mania..
first thing he has had only 5 1/2 matches at mania..secondly barring 1 all of those were gimmick matches and 4 of dem had 5 different opponents in it...suck kind of matches r alredy considere "spectacular" b4 dey even happen becos of ppl lyk jeff hardy in it

So my point is comparison wise Undertaker's streak nd d man himself is far superior in terms of drawing power,technical ability,power nd ability

4get him gtting old nd handing of d baton...THE DEADMAN NEVER DIES...WRESTLEMANIA NEEDS D STAMP OF TAKER'S STREAK FOREVER ND EVER
and i know dere will b a universal chorus of booing at wwe if undertaker was to lose his streak at d citrus bowl or whrevr

it'll not elevate edge,rather it'll make ppl switch off d tv nytym edge comes on the tv..im not talking abt d edge heads present here in dis thread but the ppl who make d majority of d wwe fans...dey r d undertaker's fans

LONG LIVE D PHENOM..LONG LIVE D STREAK...LONG LIVE THE UNDERTAKER
RIP EDGE TO 16-0...YOUR DAY WILL COM SM OTHR TYM...I RESPECT YOU ND YOUR WORK EDGE..ITS JST DAT UT IS BTTR

-FOREVER A FAN OF TAKER

i feel like no1 wants to make there mind up bout edge's streak at mania. sum ppl say hes lost cos he didnt win last year, people say he got removed from the match so it dnt count, its very disputed. whats undisputed is Taker's 15-0. personally i think he'll keep it. i cant see him bein beat. i tell you what tho, imagine if it was, imagine the boos that wud ring out at the citrus bowl shud taker lose. if he is to lose, it has to be a masterplan. i dnt think WWE wud let taker lose clean to a straight 1-2-3. no doubt he'll kick out of the spear. but it needs to be gd if he loses. i cud see it to a point where a few heels come out n attack him, like rumble 97 n 94 (i think it was 94 - yokozuna). it wnt happen tho n the reign of 16-0 will be verified in 38 hours

Really i can only think of one GOOD scenario for Taker's streak to end. KANE. Or maybe have them BOTH lose say in a buried alive match with someone burying them both (both men retired peacefully, and what better way to go for the 2 types of characters). Anyway, just a lil idea i had floatin around. LOL

But on topic, i really dont see anyone worthy of ending the streak aside from kane, it just wouldn't be right in my opinion. I mean the guy's wrestled year after year, kept the streak in tact, kept good ties with the company. What better worker then him!? Deserves to keep the streak alive forever. I know I for one, wouldn't order another wrestlemania... i mean all these guys claiming to be *mr wrestlemania* but Taker's the true mr wrestlemania. 16-0!!!

Undertaker's undefeated streak is getting old a stale. SO what he is 16 and 0 now. Its old, Undertaker is awful and his move set is predictable we need new faces on smackdown.

How can it get old and stale? It's one match, once a year. It's just a gimmick. Other than the occasional mention on Smackdown it's not noted throughout the year. He should just keep it going forever. He should be back once a year until he's Flair's age and he dies in the middle of the ring. Dibiase Snr. style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back