• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertakers 15-0 streak becoming 15-1

I doubt the Undertaker would lose at wrestlemania, I mean the only person who I thought came close to that honor was Randy Orton, but I don't Vince would take a chance on someone beating Undertaker who was young and unproven as they can turnout to be a major flop and ruin the legacy of the deadman.

I hope he remains undefeated as it something that keeps me seeing wrestlemania, wanting the undertaker to continue the streak, I mean if he loses, watching taker at mania would be a bore.

Actually your wrong, Edge has lost and Edge himself actually acknowledged that on Raw sometime not too long after WM 23.Here's my theory about WM 24 match between Edge/Undertaker.Edge will get DQed that way both of them 'keep their streak' because even if Edge gets DQed Undertaker will still go 16-0 because he still won the match.Because not too many people know of Edge actually acknowledging his lose and alot of people still say Edge has his streak since he didn't get pinned,they could fool the people by having Edge get DQed which would keep both their streaks of never being pinned or made to submit at WM.Then they would just have Undertaker win the WHC back at Backlash or something like that after WM.Boom there ya go,Edge and Undertaker put on a great 20 something minute match at WM,Edge gets DQed and Undertaker takes it to 16-0.

I think that's a wicked way to put it! I mean the 2 streaks will continue, like i'm sure everyone would like PLUS what better way to get a LOT of heat then to finish an amazing match, wrestlemania main event, 20-30 min match by DQ?? i know that'd piss a lot of people off and make Edge even BIGGER a heal then he already has established today.

that loss to edge last year doesnt count becuz it wasnt 1 on 1. it wasnt big enough to even consider that it was a loss. hell he had to be taken outta the match. as far as i'm concerned he's still 5-0

I don't like the idea of having Undertaker going 15-0. It's WrestleMania, the biggest stage on earth. No way is Undertaker not getting the belt there. No DQ wins crap, that's a load of garbage. If they have Undertaker lose to Edge, I'll lose all my (if any) respect to the company.

I don't like the idea of having Undertaker going 15-0. It's WrestleMania, the biggest stage on earth. No way is Undertaker not getting the belt there. No DQ wins crap, that's a load of garbage. If they have Undertaker lose to Edge, I'll lose all my (if any) respect to the company.

why cant taker pass the torch, yes he deserves one more title run, but i dont believe he should lose to edge at mania edge has a longer run in the company and deserves a build, taker may not be with the company for long due to the fact that he is working alimited schedule, there is no point for him to keep his win streak at mania no point at all

why cant taker pass the torch, yes he deserves one more title run, but i dont believe he should lose to edge at mania edge has a longer run in the company and deserves a build, taker may not be with the company for long due to the fact that he is working alimited schedule, there is no point for him to keep his win streak at mania no point at all

No point of keeping his streak? How about keeping on building on a legends status? I know he's already a legend, but he won't seem as much of a legend without the streak. When people think of the Undertaker, they think of 15-0. If here were to lose you don't think he'll be remembered for 15-1, do you?

The Undertaker's Streak is not a torch to be passed. To stop it would be to strike a devastating blow to his legacy. Ending streaks doesn't elevate people. Did Kevin Nash become "The Man" when he ended Goldberg's Streak?

No. All he did was kill Bill's momentum.

The difference between Bill and Undertaker is Taker only gets his once a year. Its not crippling other people's careers and burying them to have them lose to Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Many people lost to Taker at Wrestlemania and still went on to hold world titles. Did Triple H's loss stop him at all? Or Randy Orton? Both men are fine, and for some people like Kane, their match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania is often one of their career highlights.

Titles are the torches that get passed. Not ending streaks.

Undertaker wont lose at Mania unless its for a REALLY good reason.
If he faces Edge at Mania i dont see him losing as edge's streak was ended at last years WM. Now i dont know if this will be takers last WrestleMania but if it is i would like to see him go out on a big win added to his streak.

On the other hand if he loses, the opponent's claim to fame will be that he ended the undertakers 15-0 streak and there for will probably be going down the fast lane to the hall of fame for doing so.

;)

The Undertaker's Streak is not a torch to be passed. To stop it would be to strike a devastating blow to his legacy. Ending streaks doesn't elevate people. Did Kevin Nash become "The Man" when he ended Goldberg's Streak?

No. All he did was kill Bill's momentum.

The difference between Bill and Undertaker is Taker only gets his once a year. Its not crippling other people's careers and burying them to have them lose to Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Many people lost to Taker at Wrestlemania and still went on to hold world titles. Did Triple H's loss stop him at all? Or Randy Orton? Both men are fine, and for some people like Kane, their match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania is often one of their career highlights.

Titles are the torches that get passed. Not ending streaks.

This is the best post of this thread. I couldn't agree more.

Taker's streak is his legacy. He is already a Legend, with or without it, but his undefeated streak is what elevates him above the rest. Compare him to current all of famers like Hogan and Bret. Hogan is known for headlining wrestlemanias and putting wwe on the map. Bret is known for being the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Undertaker will be known for his Wrestlemania undefeated streak.

The Bill Goldberg example is perfect. Kevin Nash got some hype about ending the streak but after a while people forgot about it. If his streak ends, people will eventually forget about who ended the streak, but people will always see Undertaker as 15-1 instead of undefeated. A streak like Undertaker's is invaluable. It's 15+ years in the company. Most of the current roster can't even boast about being with WWE for that long.

Personally, I think the UT streak should stand for all of time. Its one of the great things in our sport I belive personally. UT has done so much for the buisness, and put in so many years, and been so loyal, I think he deserves it to stay in tact. And personally, I dont belive the person who beats him would be elevated THAT much by it anyhow...I mean maybe temporarily, but it would get forgotten.

As for who WOULD deserve the honor, my pick would be Edge, if anyone. Edge has been loyal since he showed up, has been willing to put over a lot of people, (Cena, in his hometown, is his signature match, for the belt) continually is in the running for bump of the year, and truly loves and respects this sport.

But I would hate for ANYONE to break it really. Its part of WM, its part of the undertakers mystique. I think He should win the title, get the good long last run that he didnt get last year.

This is a tough one, there are a few things that could make the possibility of Taker' losing at Wrestlemania 24 a possibility:

1. Edge is currently the champion and I think it is obvious he is going to end up facing Taker' at Mania', the thing is if Edge's title reign becomes stale and they dont really see it successful going forward, then they may let Taker' keep his streak and get a title run.

2. I think that WWE will ask Taker' how much longer he is planning on being with the company. I think that if Taker' loses his streak it will be at his last Mania', and his career is coming down to and end, and he is getting up there in age, if Taker' decides he isn't planning on wrestling for another year or two, then I believe they will have Edge beat him and use that to further push Edge.

In my own opinion I dont want him to lose his streak, because it is one of the main things Taker' is known for and makes him great. I also dont think he will lose, because last year at one point they planned on have Batista beating Taker' I believe, it was when they first started planning Mania', which usually takes place before the new year, then they had Taker' win, which i think that will happen again.

I think the streak will continue, and Undertaker retires with a perfect Wrestlemania record....whether its after WM24, 25, or whenever he calls it a day. He has earned the right to keep his streak...however, if he loses at a Wrestlemania, it will do absolutely no harm to his legendary status. To put it simply, Undertaker's career stands on its own, even without the streak.

Personally, I am kind of hoping that the WWE realizes the Undertaker would be the perfect opponent to retire Ric Flair. Undertaker's streak against Ric Flair's career? KA-CHING!

It would be a horrible idea to have the Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania. He has devoted his time to this company and shouldn't have to lose to Edge just to keep a storyline going. If Undertaker was going to lose at Wrestlemania he would have already lost by now. It may not destroy his legacy, but it would still be a bad idea.

I would absaloutely hate to see undertaker loose his streak. The only person i'd want to end his streak is Kane. The whole 15-0 thing is the main part of Takers legacy. 15-0 for taker is equivalent to 16 time world champion for Rick Flair or to 11 time champion for HHH. I think Taker will win by DQ at mania probably to continue the streak and to make him even angrier at Edge.

you know people, last year i was almost 100% sure that the undertaker was losing is match, y almost cry when a see him pining batista.
but this year i don´t know what to think, there can be a lot of twist on that story, because writers, they can play the card of edge fucking the general manager so she help him to keep the title, following these maybe a wrestler can appear to avoid interruption on the match (something similar to what happen with misterio on smackdown beat the clock before royal rumble)
i think that they can really fuck taker`s legacy, vince lost is love for wrestling and he is ready to slaughter a legend to build another, of course edge has work hard for becoming a champion (more than 11 years carreer) and i respect him as wrestler, but the undertaker is already a legend, and taking something that important for him is not fair, he was step aside from the title for years because vince wanted to rise second class wrestlers to the top and making more money. is there a god, taker most win

Some people worry about the Edge/Taker match because they say it's streak vs. streak. I don't know how many people I've heard say that Edge is 5-0 at Wrestlemania. However, Edge lost the Money in the Bank match, so wouldn't that make him 5-1?

In my eyes, Edge has no current streak at WM. I really, really want to see Taker go on and continue the streak, belt in tow, but I just don't know that I see it happening.

For one, doesn't the storyline seem to be that Orton is going to lose the belt at WM? Would the WWE writers want both belts to change hands on the same night? Possibly at WM....possibly.

Also, everyone I speak with wants Taker to keep the streak alive, and I agree that it's pretty much becoming what defines Taker's legacy. However, remember Bret Hart? He wanted to leave on a good note with the company too. He didn't want to lose in his last match and Vince screwed him over for the sake of the company and for good entertainment. I really hope Vince doesn't pull another screwjob.

I think Taker deserves to keep the streak no matter how long he is with the company, but it would also be a fitting ending for Taker to go out at WM in his final match. But, I don't see WWE having Flair retire and Taker retire from the same event.

My perfect ending for Taker would be for next year's WM or maybe the one after, having Taker go out in his final casket match. It's fitting for Taker's character, plus, there will always be the possibility that Taker could return. (Ah, remember the good times when Taker would 'come back from the dead'?)

Anyways, I'm going to be a little worried about Taker's WM streak until WM actually happens, but I don't think it will end this year. If the WWE writers really want Edge to keep the belt, then Edge should lose via DQ.

To all of you guys that think takers retirement will mean a loss at WM. IMO Taker wil retire on the stage that he debuted on, survivor series (nov 22, 1990). I'm liking this DQ angle idea as it would create a great stepping stone for the taker/edge fued to continue without becoming stale.

DQ finish at Mania would be shit but could be done right, in the MITB thread it has been mentioned that jeff hardy wins MITB (no secret he is majorly over) comes out and cash in his MITB on edge after a gruelling match with Taker. Could redeem the DQ finish and lead into a undisputed title again. Or possibly have Umuga come out and completely destroy both taker and edge and return to the monster heel he was when he "debuted"

that loss to edge last year doesnt count becuz it wasnt 1 on 1. it wasnt big enough to even consider that it was a loss. hell he had to be taken outta the match. as far as i'm concerned he's still 5-0

if your going by that logic then Edge is really 2-0 at WM

WM 2000- Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boyz (c) and The Hardy Boyz in a 3-way ladder match (Christian got the belts)
WM Xseven- Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boyz (c) and The Hardy Boyz in a TLC match (Christian got the belts again)
WM X8-Edge defeated Booker T (Edge pinned Booker T)
WM 21-Edge defeated Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Christian (w/Tyson Tomko) and Kane in the MITB match(Edge got the briefcase)
WM 22-Edge (w/Lita) defeated Mick Foley in a Hardcore match (Edge pinned Foley)
WM 23-Mr. Kennedy defeated Edge, CM Punk, King Booker (w/Queen Sharmell), Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Finlay and Randy Orton in the MITB match (Kennedy got the briefcase)

I doubt they WWE wants to end the streak, Edge`s title reign is very unpopular while The Undertaker`s streak is far too popular, therefore if they end The Undertaker`s streak the rating on all brands will severely plummet.

I doubt they WWE wants to end the streak

I think what you mean to say, is you doubt "you" would want the streak to end. The W.W.E., on the other hand, could care less. They want whats in the best interest of their company, and if seeing a streak ended will help them, they'll do it.

Now, the key to that, is finding the right guy to do it. Randy Orton and his "Legend Killer" gimmick truly should've did it at Wrestlemania 21. Edge is the next logical choice, because they have to find someone it can both help, and make sense to give it to. Edge has overcome several odds, however he still needs that "one little thing" that will make him forever remembered, as one of the greats.

Edge`s title reign is very unpopular while The Undertaker`s streak is far too popular

Again, "you" think this, not W.W.E. "I" for one love Edge's Championship reign, because I'm an Edge fan. Millions of people all over the world, who both like and dislike Edge, LOVE his Championship reign, because hes a great talent.

therefore if they end The Undertaker`s streak the rating on all brands will severely plummet.

How on earth do you figure the ratings on all three brands would plummet. #1, explain to me how E.C.W.'s ratings would either rise or fall due to something that doesn't effect them at all. #2, explain how Raw's ratings would rise or fall when both guys involved are Smackdown wrestlers.. and finally..

Explain to me, how people won't tune in to see A.) How Edge defeated Undertaker.. when noone else has been able to. and B.) Where this will lead, because obviously whomever defeats Taker on the Wrestlemania stage.. Taker will in turn make their life a living hell, in trying to get revenge.

I just can't see taker losing this. He is one of the all time greats that the company has seen. This is something that should nver even be considered. Everything the dead man has done for the WWE makes him deserving of continuing this honor/or what evr you have of this streak. Long live the :undertaker2:

I just can't see taker losing this. He is one of the all time greats that the company has seen. This is something that should nver even be considered. Everything the dead man has done for the WWE makes him deserving of continuing this honor/or what evr you have of this streak. Long live the :undertaker2:

Its not like his Legacy will die with losing at Wrestlemania. While I'm sure him retiring undefeated would completely be a cornerstone in his career.. the fact that hes done what noone else is even remotely close to doing, 15-0, is still a huge accomplishment.

I think that whomever, if anyone, that defeats him will instantly be placed among the forever unforgettables. People will always remember John Cena, and Triple H. Hell, people should even remember Randy Orton, for his gimmick alone.. and as much as I hope people will forever remember Edge, I think hes still missing that "one" thing, that'll forever make him "immortal." This should be it.

The fact is, a "heel" needs to defeat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. If a face does it, it means less. Why? Because why would a face care for defeating someone and taking what so many people see them as "only" having? Edge, on the other hand, or any heel in general, would love to be that "-1" in the loss section on Taker's Mania career.

Alright, thinking about this economically (which is how WWE will look at it), how well does it market for them if they can't advertise this undefeated at Wrestlemania patent of the Undertaker? Honestly, if people feel EDGE will be booked to go over is nothing but strictly marking out for EDGE. Think about it, merchandise is huge regarding both men, but the Undertakers patent at Wrestlemania DRAWS, and that's what the WWE wants. If they end this streak while Undertaker is still active and destined for several more years, so for now what does that do for either side? Nothing, but hurt the mystique of the Undertaker and although I feel EDGE is a solid candidate for this role, I feel his time has passed for it.

EDGE is already over, and being booked in a win like this is huge (Kevin Nash defeating Bill Goldberg at Starcade). Although the win was tainted, it is still recognized and acknowledged when people speak of Kevin Nash or Bill Goldberg. Why use this up on someone who is already extremely over in EDGE? If anything, propel someone in that generation right under Orton, Cena, and EDGE, which I suppose would be either MVP or Kennedy, and have one of these two get elevated at the expense of the victory over the Undertaker. All the great ones establish themselves in this sort of manner, and I feel this method would benefit WWE greatly, and establish a foundation for the future.

If you think the undertakers streak ends at mania YOU ARE INSANE!

The babyface leaves with the title almost every year!!! I think if anyone ever has a chance at ending Takers streak at mania it has to be 1 of 2 men

1. Hogan- His creative controll would obviously play into it and the fact that he jobbed to taker for the belt twice with no return.

2. HHH- Being vince's golden boy could convince him to put him over

Im not saying this would ever happen and i doubt it would, but these are the only 2 men i could see convincing the boss to put them over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back