• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! & ReAction LD for 09.30

Ok, I'm going to have to be "that guy". That promo was not good. It wasn't. I love both of those guys, but that was terrible. You could tell Flair's words were forced because he never curses like that but the guys in the back were saying "be more edgy", and since the match was agreed to 1 minute in, the next 7 were basically just babbling before the last man standing stipulation. That, and the blood in a promo made it very drawn out and it accomplished nothing. I'm sorry, but I just wasn't feeling that one.

Ok, I'm going to have to be "that guy". That promo was not good. It wasn't. I love both of those guys, but that was terrible. You could tell Flair's words were forced because he never curses like that but the guys in the back were saying "be more edgy", and since the match was agreed to 1 minute in, the next 7 were basically just babbling before the last man standing stipulation. That, and the blood in a promo made it very drawn out and it accomplished nothing. I'm sorry, but I just wasn't feeling that one.
I agree the promo had it's flaws. But you can't deny it's been the best promo of the week so far.

Ah, so the legends of a heel Generation Me are true.

Man, Max looks more and more like a young, less fat, Matt Hardy.

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2475164]I agree the promo had it's flaws. But you can't deny it's been the best promo of the week so far.[/QUOTE]

I don't usually judge promos by the week. I still feel that if a promo was cut a few weeks ago, a few months ago, even a couple of years ago is still comparable. Thus, it's still not very good. If anyone but those 2 guys were out there and said the exact same words, it would have gotten chastised and brought up Ultimate Warrior comparisons. Because it's Flair and Foley, too may will give it an undeserved pass. Call me crazy, but I give nobody passes. As a Yankee fan, if Derek Jeter goes 0 for the playoffs, he gets no pass from me. I don't care what he's done in the past. If you are still out there, you still have to deliver.

I still don't entirely agree with turning GenMe heel, but it's better then them getting released which I thought would eventually happen.

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2475176]They've always had sneakers.[/QUOTE]

Haven't watched in a few weeks but I'm pretty sure they used to wear boots a couple months ago.

I don't usually judge promos by the week. I still feel that if a promo was cut a few weeks ago, a few months ago, even a couple of years ago is still comparable. Thus, it's still not very good. If anyone but those 2 guys were out there and said the exact same words, it would have gotten chastised and brought up Ultimate Warrior comparisons. Because it's Flair and Foley, too may will give it an undeserved pass. Call me crazy, but I give nobody passes. As a Yankee fan, if Derek Jeter goes 0 for the playoffs, he gets no pass from me. I don't care what he's done in the past. If you are still out there, you still have to deliver.

I agree with you, JJ, I really didn't get overly excited about that promo either. Maybe a decade ago (or more) it would have been special, but not in 2010. Unnecessary blood just for blood's sake. Forced emotion. Foley looked like he was near tears, he must be taking lessons from his buddy Tommy Dreamer.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR...............................

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back