• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD for 05.12.11

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
A Night of Reveals
TNA "iMPACT!"
Live Discussion for 05/12/11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA_Impact_Logo.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

70e04ad4e4d7f82ec80a19b05e32be5a_XL.jpg

Thursday on iMPACT on SpikeTV at 9/8c - IT'S A NIGHT OF REVEALS!

The Network is coming! Who is calling the shots?

How will Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff react? How will it effect the power struggle in TNA Wrestling?

Plus, Kurt Angle has promised to reveal his new "Ms. Angle" - and she can't wait to meet
Karen Jarrett! Who is Kurt Angle bringing to iMPACT? Is the war between The Jarretts and
Kurt Angle about to go to a new level? Tune in and find out!

Also, who will Matt Hardy bring as his tag team partner to take on Beer Money?

[YOUTUBE]Z4d59MREISY[/YOUTUBE]

Plus, more news on the upcoming "Sacrifice" Pay-Per-View event on Sunday, May 15

Can't watch iMPACT! on Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

A quick question because I haven't watched TNA in ages. What's up with the Network? Is this an unknown group who are secretly running the show from behind the scenes, who are going to change professional wrestling forever? And are we learning their identity tonight?

A quick question because I haven't watched TNA in ages. What's up with the Network? Is this an unknown group who are secretly running the show from behind the scenes, who are going to change professional wrestling forever? And are we learning their identity tonight?

Over the last month+, Hogan and Bischoff have been getting one-upped by "The Network" who are working behind the scenes and over the phone to direct both of them. Hogan and Bischoff insist they have "total control" of TNA, but keep getting one-upped in matches, clauses in contracts, etc.

Bischoff suspects it's someone "in the business", but they have no idea who it is.

Reveal is tonight.

Nick's Corner of Speculation

What's up with the Network?

They aren't happy.

Is this an unknown group who are secretly running the show from behind the scenes

The Network is sending a representative. Hogan doesn't like playing hide the ball, Brrrother.

who are going to change professional wrestling forever?

It's TNA. So the answer is yes, obviously.

And are we learning their identity tonight?

That's what we're being told.

Over the last month+, Hogan and Bischoff have been getting one-upped by "The Network" who are working behind the scenes and over the phone to direct both of them. Hogan and Bischoff insist they have "total control" of TNA, but keep getting one-upped in matches, clauses in contracts, etc.

Bischoff suspects it's someone "in the business", but they have no idea who it is.

Reveal is tonight.

I'm not interested in spoilers if anyone has any advance knowledge, and I certainly have no knowledge myself, but who are the potential leading candidates, the main theories making the rounds? Do people anticipate it is someone already affiliated with TNA, or is it someone new? Do people think it is a wrestler, a former wrestler, or what? A former WWE person?

Again, not interested in spoilers, but has this episode already been taped and if so, is the identity of the person known in the IWC (not interested in being told who if it is).

And will this person change professional wrestling forever? Will Thursday nights never be the same? Are the wars back on?

Boy, I'm glad IDR was around this week. That thread starter is much better than anything I could put together! I'll be in and out tonight as I leave for the weekend tomorrow so preparatory things must be done.

One thing about last week and this week: Sting said A Network representative would be there, not necessarily THE Network representative so this might not be the big reveal.

Cant wait to see Impact tonight. Unfortunately I have to, Hawks & Bulls game 6tonight is more important to me, I haven't been this excited to watch basketball in 13 years.GO BULLS!

One thing about last week and this week: Sting said A Network representative would be there, not necessarily THE Network representative so this might not be the big reveal.

Never thought of that, to be honest, but that would almost certainly mean the return of Dixie Carter.

I'm not sure either. I could see them pushing this out even further but I don't think the reaction would be all that great.

I don't either, only because Dixie simply isn't all that interesting to begin with, but she was the one the company was "taken" from — stands to reason she'd want to try and take it back.

Surely you cannot be suggesting that TNA would build up false hope and hype for a reveal tonight, only to have it not materialize? And that they would eventually reveal the identity of the mystery person, only to have it be a huge disappointment? Seems like we've been down this (Victory) Road before.

I don't either, only because Dixie simply isn't all that interesting to begin with, but she was the one the company was "taken" from — stands to reason she'd want to try and take it back.

Yeah that's kind of the problem. I remember thinking last week about who they could bring in and no one popped into my head that would be a legit shock that was realistic. Heyman does his own thing, most major WWE guys won't do it because the money isn't good, and there isn't anyone else there that I can think of. It'll likely be Foley or Carter, and no one will care and they'll be stuck.

Surely you cannot be suggesting that TNA would build up false hope and hype for a reveal tonight, only to have it not materialize? And that they would eventually reveal the identity of the mystery person, only to have it be a huge disappointment? Seems like we've been down this (Victory) Road before.

Surely you're not making snide remarks using overrated, outdated and generally lame pot shots against a company who's programming you don't actually watch... :)

Yeah that's kind of the problem. I remember thinking last week about who they could bring in and no one popped into my head that would be a legit shock that was realistic. Heyman does his own thing, most major WWE guys won't do it because the money isn't good, and there isn't anyone else there that I can think of. It'll likely be Foley or Carter, and no one will care and they'll be stuck.

Eh, I think Foley packs more punch than Carter, to be honest. Foley on his own as part of the Network is fine with me. I don't see a reason to have to expand on it and turn the company over the Carter (just yet). If you choose to go down that route, let Foley act as the on-air Network "GM" and start face-booking all the matches for iMPACT! for the coming months.

If you really want to turn power back over to Dixie, have it come at the expense of Immortal being disbanded at Bound For Glory.

Payoff has to be big for an angle like that to have Carter regaining control of the company matter.

Surely you're not making snide remarks using overrated, outdated and generally lame pot shots against a company who's programming you don't actually watch... :)

Touché, point well taken. Of course I used to watch, until the major disappointment that was Victory Road last year forced me to be a cynical former viewer making overrated, outdated, and lame pot shots as above :)

Eh, I think Foley packs more punch than Carter, to be honest. Foley on his own as part of the Network is fine with me. I don't see a reason to have to expand on it and turn the company over the Carter (just yet). If you choose to go down that route, let Foley act as the on-air Network "GM" and start face-booking all the matches for iMPACT! for the coming months.

If you really want to turn power back over to Dixie, have it come at the expense of Immortal being disbanded at Bound For Glory.

Payoff has to be big for an angle like that to have Carter regaining control of the company matter.

I guess but that comes off as a major letdown. In other words, a year will have passed and we're right back where we started? That doesn't sound incredibly exciting.

Touché, point well taken. Of course I used to watch, until the major disappointment that was Victory Road last year forced me to be a cynical former viewer making overrated, outdated, and lame pot shots as above :)

All good, homie. Just returning fire for the home team. :D

I guess but that comes off as a major letdown. In other words, a year will have passed and we're right back where we started? That doesn't sound incredibly exciting.

The problem is Carter, period. There's just no reason to have her as an on-air character, IMO.

Ideally, Foley stays on and the "Network" angle runs as the Network, and not as some ploy to get Carter back in control.

Foley is ok at best and that's coming from a huge Foley fan. He hasn't really meant much in years and he'll merely be a face version of Hogan/Bischoff which is fine, but it doesn't give you anything. Immortal still comes off as weak, they still have no one to challenge Sting and the whole thing is still just kind of dragging.

When does this shit begin?I should probably have a rest from this seen as I can barely determine the good and bad of snooker, which id understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back