TNA iMPACT! LD for 01.06.11

Hardy really should be the mystery opponent for RVD. Give him a return match for a title he never lost.

TNA takes a few steps forward but also many back. Morgan/Anderson has promise. So does this Hardy/Immortal/Fortune/RVD storyline. Does the winner of Morgan/Anderson get a triple threat with RVD and Hardy at Against All Odds?

I'm seriously considering emailing TNA and asking them for some free merchandise in exchange for me sitting through an hour of their programming.

So Rob Terry can take a huge unprotected chair shot to the head, but Matt Morgan goes down to one weak chair shot to the back? Huh?

Hardy really should be the mystery opponent for RVD. Give him a return match for a title he never lost.

TNA takes a few steps forward but also many back. Morgan/Anderson has promise. So does this Hardy/Immortal/Fortune/RVD storyline. Does the winner of Morgan/Anderson get a triple threat with RVD and Hardy at Against All Odds?

No he shouldn't. If you are going to have a title match, you book it in advance and you promote it. You don't have your champion appear on the PPV when you haven't advertised him. That's just stupid business.

I think I found the enigma/antichrist's daughter in 17 years if she does the painting/tanning like her dad/uncle....

6724.jpg

So Rob Terry can take a huge unprotected chair shot to the head, but Matt Morgan goes down to one weak chair shot to the back? Huh?

Wow. This is so true. I think I won't watch ever again just because of that.

Heck. I may not sleep tonight, either.

Terrible, TNA. TERRIBLE!

I'm seriously considering emailing TNA and asking them for some free merchandise in exchange for me sitting through an hour of their programming.

In their defense, it took Jeff Hardy's stupidity of concussing Anderson to finally ban chairshots to the head. They actually did the right thing and don't allow it anymore. Stuff like with Terry is a thing of the past.

No he shouldn't. If you are going to have a title match, you book it in advance and you promote it. You don't have your champion appear on the PPV when you haven't advertised him. That's just stupid business.

But why haven't they advertised him? That is the question? A PPV doesn't feel like a PPV without a World Title match. Yes I will be checking a stream for Genesis and will be tuning in but it still seems out of place.

But why haven't they advertised him? That is the question? A PPV doesn't feel like a PPV without a World Title match. Yes I will be checking a stream for Genesis and will be tuning in but it still seems out of place.

You are asking the wrong person. I think the title should be defended too, even if it's against someone a little less deserving. This apparently is not TNA's strategy though, as having a big draw and a name in wrestling who is still young enough to go is reason enough to not book him on a Pay Per View. It's pretty stupid if you ask me.

What is sad is that it is fans saying a "weak" chairshot to the back that pushes them to try taking the unsafe ones. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Is it the title or a story that sells a ppv? They have a good main event storyline going. Forcing a title match for the sake of it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It is the build not the prop.

What is sad is that it is fans saying a "weak" chairshot to the back that pushes them to try taking the unsafe ones. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth.

What is sad is that you are a ridiculously blind mark.

I'm not saying more chair shots to the head, I'm saying don't make him go down like a sack of rocks after one to the back if you set the precedent for huge guys being able to withstand chair shots to the head.

Is it the title or a story that sells a ppv? They have a good main event storyline going. Forcing a title match for the sake of it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It is the build not the prop.

Ok, so why didn't they BUILD the champion to have a match at this PPV? I'll even grant you that it doesn't have to be the main event, but don't you think that if TNA considers Jeff Hardy one of their biggest names that he should wrestle on every PPV if healthy? I mean, you would think having your champ and a former WWE champ and worldwide star would sell a few PPVs. Take out some useless crap on Impact and build a match for him. It literally could be anyone, but put the guy in action. I have no problem saving the bigger feuds for later, but how can you not even have your champion scheduled to appear on a show?

You want Anderson/Morgan in the main event, fine. Jeff should still wrestle and still have a side story for it. No excuse to have him not scheduled for a show.

TNA did that one time with the most muscular guy around and it was months ago. The entire fucking industry set that standard. The whole point is to move past that in the name of safety.

On a side note someone I know was at this show and told me that Desmond Wolfe w/ Magnus came to help Doug when he was being beat down by AJ and Terry I wonder why they didn't show this

Ok, so why didn't they BUILD the champion to have a match at this PPV? I'll even grant you that it doesn't have to be the main event, but don't you think that if TNA considers Jeff Hardy one of their biggest names that he should wrestle on every PPV if healthy? I mean, you would think having your champ and a former WWE champ and worldwide star would sell a few PPVs. Take out some useless crap on Impact and build a match for him. It literally could be anyone, but put the guy in action. I have no problem saving the bigger feuds for later, but how can you not even have your champion scheduled to appear on a show?

You want Anderson/Morgan in the main event, fine. Jeff should still wrestle and still have a side story for it. No excuse to have him not scheduled for a show.

I think he will be on the show in some capacity (doesn't seem like much of a stretch) and would likely prefer Hardy in a match of some kind but maybe he needed some rest. Maybe they are putting his well-being above other things and instead choosing to build up the story of him trying to dodge RVD by selling it with Jeff keeping his title by not even wrestling. All I am saying is that a card isn't bad just because the title isn't on the line. TNA setup a lot of good matches and storylines. Just the abscence of the title doesn't automatically make it bad even if it is preferable. There was no title match on the PPV when Hardy and Angle tore the house down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back