• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD for 01.06.11

On a side note someone I know was at this show and told me that Desmond Wolfe w/ Magnus came to help Doug when he was being beat down by AJ and Terry I wonder why they didn't show this

Sounds like shenanigans saved to be more surprising at the PPV. Too bad they aired the pg pope at strip club clip. i think bischoff alluded to them filming a more exposing one.

I think he will be on the show in some capacity (doesn't seem like much of a stretch) and would likely prefer Hardy in a match of some kind but maybe he needed some rest. Maybe they are putting his well-being above other things and instead choosing to build up the story of him trying to dodge RVD by selling it with Jeff keeping his title by not even wrestling. All I am saying is that a card isn't bad just because the title isn't on the line. TNA setup a lot of good matches and storylines. Just the abscence of the title doesn't automatically make it bad even if it is preferable. There was no title match on the PPV when Hardy and Angle tore the house down.

No, what I am suggesting is that it is bad when a guy your company touts as a proven draw isn't on the card. Whether he ends up on there now or not, you are not promoting someone you call one of your biggest draws. That is a mistake. He doesn't have to face RVD or Anderson. Let me face Amazing fucking red, I don't care. Put him in a match on the card though. If fans think he is a draw and he is employed, he should be wrestling. I don't buy the "rest" thing because TNA has been on break for a while and is just now starting to tour again. Not only that, he hasn't wrestling and Impact match in a while either. He doesn't need rest and this is just a mistake to not book him on the card.

My issue with Morgan vs. Anderson as the featured match: if I don't see it, I'm not going to miss anything. It doesn't determine the champion and the title isn't in jeopardy. This is to set up a title match later, which is the match I'd need to see. The drama is there and it's been built up well, but if I don't see it I'm guaranteed not to miss anything historic.

My issue with Morgan vs. Anderson as the featured match: if I don't see it, I'm not going to miss anything. It doesn't determine the champion and the title isn't in jeopardy. This is to set up a title match later, which is the match I'd need to see. The drama is there and it's been built up well, but if I don't see it I'm guaranteed not to miss anything historic.

Sorry. I disagree. The tension you could cut with a knife. Will Anderson turn heel? What's gonna happen after the chair shot? It looks like Anderson has been a ticking time bomb with his interviews and Morgan is just gonna explode this Sunday. This is gonna be HUGE and I hope we see something Earth shattering. Though likely not.

Most of the best matches of last year were non-title. I think people tend to put a little too much stock in just the title. Historic things rarely happen on PPV anymore or really in general. It basically is like Corey says if you are interested in how the well-built story plays out then you watch. That is true title or not. You can always find out the next day and look for the next thing but that is true of every main event in any company.

JJ, Everyone was soo convinced Jeff had some sort of issue at the last ppv coming off a long stretch. He just did the japan stuff and they are going on the eurotour soon where they will need him. It is easier with a championship match, but hardly impossible to put on a good and interesting show without one.

Sorry. I disagree. The tension you could cut with a knife. Will Anderson turn heel? What's gonna happen after the chair shot? It looks like Anderson has been a ticking time bomb with his interviews and Morgan is just gonna explode this Sunday. This is gonna be HUGE and I hope we see something Earth shattering. Though likely not.

Corey...you could be right, and the 'concussion' could be used as the smoking gun for it quite possibly....albeit, a weak way to go, but a good excuse for him to be full heel again.

Yeah, and still what are you going to miss that can't be recapped on Impact? It's been huge, but it's just a pit stop before we get to the big title match.

Most of the best matches of last year were non-title. I think people tend to put a little too much stock in just the title. Historic things rarely happen on PPV anymore or really in general. It basically is like Corey says if you are interested in how the well-built story plays out then you watch. That is true title or not. You can always find out the next day and look for the next thing but that is true of every main event in any company.

JJ, Everyone was soo convinced Jeff had some sort of issue at the last ppv coming off a long stretch. He just did the japan stuff and they are going on the eurotour soon where they will need him. It is easier with a championship match, but hardly impossible to put on a good and interesting show without one.

You still aren't getting it. It's not about the title. It's about putting one of your biggest draws on a show that should make you money. Not putting him on the card when he's healthy makes no sense. Don't tell me eurotour and Japan. He should be on the PPV card because that is where the company he works for should be making its money. You can't possibly argue with that.

In an ideal world sure. Although I think it is pretty clear TNA puts more stock in impact than PPVs. The PPV model isn't what it once was anyway.

TNA isn't WWE. The people that spend money on it usually have interests beyond just the main event guy and the title.

In an ideal world sure. Although I think it is pretty clear TNA puts more stock in impact than PPVs. The PPV model isn't what it once was anyway.

TNA isn't WWE. The people that spend money on it usually have interests beyond just the main event guy and the title.

So you ARE trying to tell me it's a good idea to not have your top draw and champion be scheduled for a show? Really? Come on dude. I know you are a mark, but you know that a show with Jeff Hardy sounds better than a show without him.

As for Impact being more the focus, it shouldn't. Pay Per Views are the quickest way to make money for the company as the Pay Per View channels don't have a revenue share agreement in the same mold as Spike does for Impact. They should be booking towards PPVs like they did with BFG. Point stands though that the champion should be scheduled for the PPV. There is no sane argument to go against this.

Not sure when I said it wasn't better when he is on the card. All I said was that not as good as it theoretically could be doesn't automatically equal bad. It is impossible to book every PPV with months of build like BFG in the present system which is one of the reasons it isn't what it used to be. Monthly PPV dependence is hardly the only possible business model.

Jeff should be wrestling at this PPV. End of story. You can talk in circles all you want, but at the end of the day a company (who hopes to be on the rise) like TNA needs to have not only it's champion wrestling, but he's also one of their bigger draws.

Am I the only one who during the Pope/Joe segment have no idea who was the face and who was the heel in that segment?

As an outsider looking in, I saw Joe as the face and Pope as the heel. Could be wrong. I notice TNA has this problem a lot, no clear face or heel roles. I was confused as fuck during the knockouts match, but I wound up assuming Mickie James was the face.

It was supposed to have some ambiguity because Pope was attempting to play the whole thing off (intentionally poorly in many regards) while giving some more possible signs of what is to come. Not sure why people thought that promo was so bad by the Pope because he accomplished that.

Jeff should be wrestling at this PPV. End of story. You can talk in circles all you want, but at the end of the day a company (who hopes to be on the rise) like TNA needs to have not only it's champion wrestling, but he's also one of their bigger draws.

Nah, it would be a waste at this point.

Why have your biggest draw, and World Champion, wrestle on a pay-per-view that had absolutely zero advertising for him to do so? That would have been like WWE giving Cena an impromptu match at Bragging Rights from this year.

I agree that it's beyond ******ed that TNA doesn't have anything going with Jeff at this point (God... there's SO MUCH stuff you could do with that kind of character), but right now it would be just as ******ed to have him wrestle on a show he wasn't advertised for.

Nah, it would be a waste at this point.

Why have your biggest draw, and World Champion, wrestle on a pay-per-view that had absolutely zero advertising for him to do so? That would have been like WWE giving Cena an impromptu match at Bragging Rights from this year.

I agree that it's beyond ******ed that TNA doesn't have anything going with Jeff at this point (God... there's SO MUCH stuff you could do with that kind of character), but right now it would be just as ******ed to have him wrestle on a show he wasn't advertised for.

I'm not saying they should throw him into it right now. I'm saying he shouldn't have been left off of the card to begin with. What would possess TNA to keep their biggest PPV draw off the card? I just don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back