TNA Destination X 2012 LD

I legit didn't think they'd be stupid enough.

Whether he worked there for a year or not is much like Ion himself, irrelevant. He is green, his promo was poor, he barely appeared on Xplosion, rarely appeared on Impact, has no fan support, even when he referenced Sorensen he didn't gain heel heat, so why give him a belt that has became so prestiged due to Aries' reign? Makes no sense.

And as somebody alluded to, is he going to hold the belt seven months until Sorensen returns or something? It's a poor booking decision.

You realize he doesn't have to hold the title for 7 months right? He could lose it Thursday and regain it the week before Sorenson is back.. SO to assume he will be champ all that time is laughable.

But who else in the xdivision can do what Aries did? No one.. its not fair but Ion is truly a transitional champ at best. So why not give it to him instead of people that will more than likely not be there after this PPV is over? Ion isn't a bad wrestler.

Kenny is new to TNA, they will give him time before giving it to him. The division is light right now. Lets see how it grows with all the new talent, but they have to prove themselves to be champ. No one is young enough that has proven themselves this past year. (aka most are new lets stick to someone we (TNA) know for now. (Ion)) If he doesn't work out they will switch gears.. its part of the wrestling business.

This, Ion is fucking garbage. This was Sonjay or King's rightful night.
I think the inherent problem with the matchup is that it consisted of one man who was rarely ever on TV, one guy who was just brought back to the company, and 2 guys who just debuted with the company.

They went with Zema because they are milking the Jesse Sorenson thing, and what better way to do that then to have the guy who broke his neck win the title (albeit way too early, since Sorenson isn't coming back for almost a year). And because they had no idea what they were getting in the other guys.

Does TNA even have any X-Division guys that are over right now? Aries has moved up to the heavyweight division, AJ and Daniels seemingly have their own thing (and AJ is beyond the X-Division now anyway).

I really can't wait until TNA cuts their PPV's down to 6-8 a year so the builds to all these matches can improve. Can you imagine the heat there'd be between these two if this had a full six to eight weeks to grow instead of three to four?

You realize he doesn't have to hold the title for 7 months right? He could lose it Thursday and regain it the week before Sorenson is back.. SO to assume he will be champ all that time is laughable.

Re-read, re-read and then re-read it a third. "As someone alluded to," I was referencing the possibility and condeming it.

But who else in the xdivision can do what Aries did? No one..

Who thought once Aries captured the belt he'd be as good of a Champion as he was? People knew he'd be a good Champion, had all the tools, TNA had the chance tonight to let a young kid like Kenny King, or a returning guy like Sonjay Dutt win the belt, two guys who have momentum, and they didn't. It's poor booking. Ion is irrelevant, there is no disputing that.

its not fair but Ion is truly a transitional champ at best. So why not give it to him instead of people that will more than likely not be there after this PPV is over? Ion isn't a bad wrestler.

He is green, has no fan support, couldn't even gain heel heat - there were other options, again, poor booking decision.

Kenny is new to TNA, they will give him time before giving it to him.

Kenny King has came into TNA with more momentum and entered the match with more momentum than Ion did. King is coming in with fan support, he is coming in to great reactions, he has a look, is a good wrestler, is relevant, isn't green on the shtick or as a personality and was a much better choice.

The division is light right now. Lets see how it grows with all the new talent, but they have to prove themselves to be champ. No one is young enough that has proven themselves this past year. (aka most are new lets stick to someone we (TNA) know for now. (Ion)) If he doesn't work out they will switch gears.. its part of the wrestling business.

No, it's not. I can make your point redundant with one name, and he is wrestling right now - Austin Aries. Came in, was instantly pushed from last years Destination X and won the title within a month. The wrestling business works in the form, that what is done should be the best for business, Zima Ion right now is trending on Twitter and when I clicked his name all I'm seeing are people calling him "shit" and complaining, because nobody cares about him, if they'd gave him a push of sorts, fine, but they didn't. He is irrelevant, green and uninteresting, it's poor booking. End of.

I'm optimistic that Ion will be as good a champ as Aries was. The only thing that pissed me off was the finish.

Roode probably gets it back at Open Fight Night but awesome surprise there. I only saw the last two minutes or so but it looked solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back