This Needs to Be Addressed

Ty actually would be perfect for this.

Well I'm the one that said no so I don't see that happening. And for anyone, not just Ty. There's already a seven member creative team. There comes a point where there's almost more creative than regular members.

As for KB's question, I don't think they've been an issue, in terms of lateness. I might be wrong, but there were just real life issues. The transparency one, I think, is just sort of the nature of the fed. It's not anyone's fault, and....Well, put it this way. Yaz and Killjoy are paying for the sins of the past, I believe. And not their own past

So let me get this straight.

The shows, which you guys don't write and don't pay anything for, are rarely late save for real life issues, which often cause regular members to ask for extensions. Sly and I don't have many firm rules around here, but one of the few we do have is Real Life Comes First. I'd advise those complaining to keep that in mind.

My next question to someone on creative: how many times has Pancake no showed?

Ty actually would be perfect for this.

As for KB's question, I don't think they've been an issue, in terms of lateness. I might be wrong, but there were just real life issues. The transparency one, I think, is just sort of the nature of the fed. It's not anyone's fault, and....Well, put it this way. Yaz and Killjoy are paying for the sins of the past, I believe. And not their own past

I want nothing to do with it at this point. I just wanted it pointed out I offered such a thing to handle the smaller stuff.

I have nothing to say in regards to the drama. I'm not in WZCW presently, nor will I be for the foreseeable future, if ever again. I enjoy chatting with everyone there and I'm going to leave it at that. I also have my podcast starting up in a couple weeks to focus on.

I want nothing to do with it at this point. I just wanted it pointed out I offered such a thing to handle the smaller stuff.

I have nothing to say in regards to the drama. I'm not in WZCW presently, nor will I be for the foreseeable future, if ever again. I enjoy chatting with everyone there and I'm going to leave it at that. I also have my podcast starting up in a couple weeks to focus on.

And you would have been one of the first choices for it had it been something implemented. I'm not a fan of increasing the size of the staff in general, not just for something like this.

Yeah, I should have remembered that. I think it was during... I think maybe a member of creative leaving? That you said you weren't big on raising the staff.

My bad, totally forgot. Still up for doing feedback, in the week between RP's and shows.

Yeah, I should have remembered that. I think it was during... I think maybe a member of creative leaving? That you said you weren't big on raising the staff.

My bad, totally forgot. Still up for doing feedback, in the week between RP's and shows.

Well how often is there feedback given in public? By anyone I mean.

Well how often is there feedback given in public? By anyone I mean.

Spider's real great about it, but that thread tends to get a little left behind, from time to time. Self-indicting here, I don't usually do it as much as I would like

Spider's real great about it, but that thread tends to get a little left behind, from time to time. Self-indicting here, I don't usually do it as much as I would like

I'd still like an answer on Pancake's no shows.

So to recap again:

Most people don't offer feedback, the shows are rarely delayed, and the current regime doesn't seem that bad. Would that be mostly accurate?

I'd still like an answer on Pancake's no shows.

So to recap again:

Most people don't offer feedback, the shows are rarely delayed, and the current regime doesn't seem that bad. Would that be mostly accurate?

Yeah, pretty much. A lot of the issues they face, as Barbosa alluded, are endemic to the nature of creative, and really aren't flaws of the actual creative team, but rather systematic.

It's been months. But then again it's hardly ever requested.

It shouldn't have to be. If there's something wrong, it's rather pathetic to just let it sit and wait to erupt about it later on. If no one tells them they're doing something wrong, they're never going to know. Also, there's a stickied thread for feedback. It's not like there isn't a place for it.

When I was on the podcast with Yaz and Killjoy, I spent a good twenty minutes explaining some issues I saw with this place and they said it was exactly what they needed to hear. Now why am I one of the only ones telling them this stuff?

It's been months. But then again it's hardly ever requested.

Also bears mentioning that Killjoy, Yaz, and Dave are usually pretty good about feedback. If you ask, they will usually give feedback. I saw Yaz also talk to NSL about his character in a thread, and be really helpful about how to take his character.

It shouldn't have to be. If there's something wrong, it's rather pathetic to just let it sit and wait to erupt about it later on. If no one tells them they're doing something wrong, they're never going to know. Also, there's a stickied thread for feedback. It's not like there isn't a place for it.

When I was on the podcast with Yaz and Killjoy, I spent a good twenty minutes explaining some issues I saw with this place and they said it was exactly what they needed to hear. Now why am I one of the only ones telling them this stuff?

We used to do feedback for feedback. Why that practice stopped I don't know. I, and many others I'm sure, still give small amounts of feedback in rep comments, or in passing on Skype, but it's not really the same thing as in depth feedback.

Not many of us would give feedback and expect nothing in return, unfortunately. I suspect that's the reason the feedback thread has not been utilized much.

We used to do feedback for feedback. Why that practice stopped I don't know. I, and many others I'm sure, still give small amounts of feedback in rep comments, or in passing on Skype, but it's not really the same thing as in depth feedback.

Not many of us would give feedback and expect nothing in return, unfortunately. I suspect that's the reason the feedback thread has not been utilized much.

You mean like what they do the shows for, and then get criticized for when something doesn't go 100% perfect?

Also bears mentioning that Killjoy, Yaz, and Dave are usually pretty good about feedback. If you ask, they will usually wind up giving feedback. I saw Yaz also talk to NSL about his character in a thread, and be really helpful about how to take his character.

Mini-rant that is not specific to Pancake:

This is what bugs me the most about these kind of threads. At least 95% of the time, if you have an issue and/or question about your character, a PM to one of us will garner you a response that explain at least one Creative member's view on what is going right and wrong with your character. We don't want people to struggle or suck. Frankly it makes our jobs a lot more fun to have a lot of talented writers to work with and choose from.

You mean like what they do the shows for, and then get criticized for when something doesn't go 100% perfect?

Point taken. But I am merely pointing out that if the obligation to do something isn't there, then people won't take it. But then again I guess someone has to lead by example.

Point taken. But I am merely pointing out that if the obligation to do something isn't there, then people won't take it. But then again I guess someone has to lead by example.

They're under no obligation to take the feedback or do the shows in the first place.

That's what people seem to be forgetting here: they're volunteering to do something for your entertainment. This isn't their job. It's something they do in their spare time and doesn't warrant unfair criticism.

You know, I wouldn't bothered by this. If it weren't for it starting on a petty insult.

An environment where the nobody tells the showrunners they are wrong, which means the showrunners carrying on thinking all is well, which leads to an environment where, like before, the only characters that got show time were creatives, and angles get pushed that no one really cares about, etc, etc... This is in no way the fault of creative, because if no one complains, how do you know? But numbers are dropping, as is interest, because instead of shouting people are just leaving or plodding on. Back in the day Chris K.O's White Knight gimmick got slaughtered, could you see that happenning now? The shows are fine and I have a passing interest, and if the members are happy then great, but I reckon if I was still full time I'd be bringing up yhe same points I was 2 - 3 years ago. This alone makes me reluctant to commit

And my RP's were actually pretty decent. Albit short and grammatically incorrect at times I just feel like 95% of the judges didn't like either me, my gimmick or both.

And my RP's were actually pretty decent. Albit short and grammatically incorrect at times I just feel like 95% of the judges didn't like either me, my gimmick or both.

No, your very best ones might have just barely crossed the line into decent territory. Which is a shame, because there is no one who was given as many chances to succeed only to suck to much to take advantage as you.

No, your very best ones might have just barely crossed the line into decent territory. Which is a shame, because there is no one who was given as many chances to succeed only to suck to much to take advantage as you.

I will not lie; when I was feuding with FalKon, I wanted to find as much as Kurtesy as I could, so read plenty of Crashin Movement RP's.

It was a waste, I never wound up using any info about the Crashin Movement, and I wish I would have done anything else with my time. I don't get the Crashin Movement. Like, was it an in joke I missed?

I will not lie; when I was feuding with FalKon, I wanted to find as much as Kurtesy as I could, so read plenty of Crashin Movement RP's.

It was a waste, I never wound up using any info about the Crashin Movement, and I wish I would have done anything else with my time. I don't get the Crashin Movement. Like, was it an in joke I missed?

The short version as best I can remember is that we knew Doug was awful, but he came in claiming that he was an experienced and well-decorated e-fedder. He was really bad, so the idea was to put him as the head of a stable with two newer guys and hope it would help all three. As we found out, FunKay and FalK went on to great success, and Doug was still shitty Doug.

An environment where the nobody tells the showrunners they are wrong, which means the showrunners carrying on thinking all is well, which leads to an environment where, like before, the only characters that got show time were creatives, and angles get pushed that no one really cares about, etc, etc... This is in no way the fault of creative, because if no one complains, how do you know? But numbers are dropping, as is interest, because instead of shouting people are just leaving or plodding on. Back in the day Chris K.O's White Knight gimmick got slaughtered, could you see that happenning now? The shows are fine and I have a passing interest, and if the members are happy then great, but I reckon if I was still full time I'd be bringing up yhe same points I was 2 - 3 years ago. This alone makes me reluctant to commit

That was more fun than both my title wins.

My tag partner at the time and I were about to break the Tag team record back in 2009 but he left. I wanted to tag again and break the record. Nobody wanted to tag with me. Doug was about to get his last rites but I offered to pick him up as a partner. FunKay joined a short while later during the Mayhem title disappearance story and the rest is history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back