• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Announcement

HQsABhkdWwEVHhwEBwFKRlNGX1tEU100BA4XSBsFWj0cBgocFhZOQ1dZUkNfQ0RRRUdVWlwCHQU=.gif

Considering the crap that's gone down in the last couple of months with shows being delayed every round, having Doc as a guy basically there to do segments makes a whole lot of sense. He's very punctual - if you go back to the OG podcast you'll know how serious he is about that - and we all know he's a top quality character writer.
Doc 2016.

Something I forget to say:

Thanks FunKay and NSL for providing us great creative matches. I respect you both for your creativity.

It sucks to hear people like Haiku and NSL go AWOL, and then guys like FunKay have to leave due to personal reasons. I echo the sentiments to thank them for their efforts.

However, Doc sounds like an interesting choice. Should he be willing to commit the time, and the effort, he might be a great creative member. One of the weaknesses that has plagued creative for a long time is segment writing, and having one man dedicated to writing the segments, in a way that advances the storylines in a positive manner, might just be the key element to alleviate the weakness. It's one less thing you guys need to worry about, which is an added bonus... that, and the choices are limited.

I know you are doing tryouts, but if Doc is serious, I would love to finally see him on the Creative team. Make him the community manager and in charge of making sure segments are fluid and on point with character development. I've always wanted to see him on the team, but I know that him not wanting to write matches have held him back in the past.

What I am trying to say is, Doc 2016.

I'm for this, I suggested it awhile back after my last stint on Creative, just having a guy managing segments and basically being Quality Control for everything as well.

The set up Doc wants is the one I would want if I applied, I hate match writing but the rest is fun.

Sorry kids, but its a firm no on the just segments idea.

Most of us have erratic work schedule or 2 jobs plus different timezones. We need folks who on a whim can take any gaps on a show or take any piece of the writing pie.

For some of us, taking 2 matches becomes a risk because if we're indisposed for a couple of days, that slows the shows down considerably and we need to find a way curb that. I was guilty of it this PPV.

The more dynamic you can be, the better.

Writing heel vs heel is much tougher than I thought. Though I'm writing it for fun. Just an old school match with some drama and twists. Hope the creative will like it.

Sorry kids, but its a firm no on the just segments idea.

Most of us have erratic work schedule or 2 jobs plus different timezones. We need folks who on a whim can take any gaps on a show or take any piece of the writing pie.

For some of us, taking 2 matches becomes a risk because if we're indisposed for a couple of days, that slows the shows down considerably and we need to find a way curb that. I was guilty of it this PPV.

The more dynamic you can be, the better.

It's a big factor in why I left the first time around and why I'm not applying this time. It is a massive time commitment and that cannot be overstated.

I'd do it if I didn't have to read all the fuckin' content.

Grumble grumble. Old man yells at cloud etc.

I know mate. I know.

It's a big factor in why I left the first time around and why I'm not applying this time. It is a massive time commitment and that cannot be overstated.
The exact reason why after thinking about it I changed my mind.

I write for a living & I write for fun (here and my novel).

I'm love writing and I don't want to get burnt out with to much on my plate.

I wanted to weigh in on this. I'm not going for it but I spent a lot of time up there. Loved it a lot, hated it a lot and learnt loads.

I know it's probably not popular but it's 100% the right call. Segment writing is easy, being the one to cast an eye over the show is easy. But even combined they're less than a part-time job. It's much more than that. Given the low quantity on the roster, it's certainly less intense than when I was there back in the day. Less RPs to read, no Aftershock to put together. The need to have someone do these "simpler" tasks shouldn't exist.

The workload is cyclical. Write RPs, read RPs, judge RPs. Write two matches, write additional material. Repeat. But in between all of this, there's contributing to all the discussions that take place. It's not easy. You've got to be able to manage your real life/e-life balance well, find a routine that works.

What I would say to anyone trying for this is that is a good main event doesn't have to be a long main event. This is for a Meltdown show, focus on the details, make it unique to stand out and tell a story. Above all, ensure that you are grammatically spot on and the formatting is correct as that's something so basic which can count against you. That's all the advice that I can give.

Whoever wins this, when you get there. Take some time to read a bit of the old stuff. Even a few years ago there was some amazing stuff up there. :)

I wanted to weigh in on this. I'm not going for it but I spent a lot of time up there. Loved it a lot, hated it a lot and learnt loads.

I know it's probably not popular but it's 100% the right call. Segment writing is easy, being the one to cast an eye over the show is easy. But even combined they're less than a part-time job. It's much more than that. Given the low quantity on the roster, it's certainly less intense than when I was there back in the day. Less RPs to read, no Aftershock to put together. The need to have someone do these "simpler" tasks shouldn't exist.

The workload is cyclical. Write RPs, read RPs, judge RPs. Write two matches, write additional material. Repeat. But in between all of this, there's contributing to all the discussions that take place. It's not easy. You've got to be able to manage your real life/e-life balance well, find a routine that works.

What I would say to anyone trying for this is that is a good main event doesn't have to be a long main event. This is for a Meltdown show, focus on the details, make it unique to stand out and tell a story. Above all, ensure that you are grammatically spot on and the formatting is correct as that's something so basic which can count against you. That's all the advice that I can give.

Whoever wins this, when you get there. Take some time to read a bit of the old stuff. Even a few years ago there was some amazing stuff up there. :)

To further this, is it possible to open up the segment writing to guest writers? I realise that some segments can't be released for someone to write but some of the simpler segments would be fine.

Also don't be afraid to write segments for your own character regardless of whether you win this contest or not.

Is there a specific cutoff time for the deadline on 8/6, would it be at 23:59 Central Time like as if an RP were due that day? I'm still considering throwing my name into the running in this thing but I have church stuff going on after work in the evenings all week this week.

Is there a specific cutoff time for the deadline on 8/6, would it be at 23:59 Central Time like as if an RP were due that day? I'm still considering throwing my name into the running in this thing but I have church stuff going on after work in the evenings all week this week.

I'd say treat it like an RP deadline. Anything that comes in an hour or two after what we say will still count due to time zone differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back