The SD! LD on 2/11 Is Having Some Trouble In Paradise!

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.

Last Week:

Flame war

UNIONDALE, N.Y. – In her continued quest to wrest the World Title from ex-husband Edge for boyfriend Dolph Ziggler, “acting” SmackDown GM Vickie Guerrero stacked the deck against Edge in a 3-on-2 Handicap Match. But, just like he did at Royal Rumble, The Ultimate Opportunist found a way to preserve his title; this time thanks to help from Kelly Kelly.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge & Kelly Kelly def. Dolph Ziggler, Michelle McCool & Layla in a 3-on-2 Handicap World Heavyweight Championship Match
Before the main event, Vickie declared that if Edge used the Spear, he would be stripped of the World Title. Increasing the challenge that lay ahead, if Kelly Kelly were to lose to Lay-Cool, The Rated-R Superstar would also lose his title. In a stunning conclusion to the bout, it was Kelly Kelly who secured the victory – and Edge’s title – by dropping Layla with a spear. Then in a bitter rebuttal, Vickie fired Kelly Kelly from WWE! Next, after Edge watched his ex-wife berate Kelly Kelly and force her from the arena in tears, Vickie announced Edge would face Ziggler next week for the World Title … with Vickie as the special guest referee. As The Ultimate Opportunist pondered his newest obstacle, Ziggler viciously attacked from behind with a Zig Zag.

Wade Barrett def. Big Show in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
Big Show was up against big odds from the start when The Corre surrounded the ring. When the ref went down due to an inadvertent collision with Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson capitalized and dropped The World’s Largest Athlete with a hard-hitting clothesline. Barrett took advantage of his stunned opponent by driving his skull to the canvas with a DDT to get the pinfall. An enraged Big Show tried to unleash his anger on The Corre, but was dropped by a monstrous bodyslam by Ezekiel Jackson.

Kane def. Chavo Guerrero in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
In a match arranged by his aunt Vickie, Chavo had an opportunity to be in the Elimination Chamber. But in quick order, Kane dispatched of Chavo and his pay-per-view dreams with a brutal chokeslam.

Alberto Del Rio's Royal Rumble Celebration ended in chaos
To celebrate earning a match at WrestleMania – where he will challenge the World Heavyweight Champion – Alberto Del Rio drove into the arena in a 2010 BMW M6 convertible. To kick the party off, Del Rio invited Hornswoggle to whack a piñata with a wooden stick. But when plans went awry and the Mexican aristocrat ended up on the receiving end of Hornswoggle’s swing, Del Rio assaulted him with no remorse. Next, Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston came to Hornswoggle’s aid, but the champion ended up receiving a brutal beating with the piñata stick and a session in Del Rio’s devastating cross armbreaker. The No. 1 contender showed no mercy, requiring WWE officials to free Kingston from his hold.

Rey Mysterio def. Jack Swagger in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
With a dominating offense, it looked like Jack Swagger was well on his way to securing his position in the Elimination Chamber Match. However, The Ultimate Underdog battled back, stinging his larger opponent with a spinning DDT and swift kick to get the pinfall.

Drew McIntyre def. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
In the opening Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match of the night, Drew McIntyre was the first to score a spot by dropping Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston with a devastating Future Shock DDT. The opportunity for the Sinister Scotsman came after a momentary distraction from Alberto Del Rio’s smiling mug plastered across the arena’s TitanTron.

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater def. Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov
Representing The Corre, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater took on WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov in a non-title match. After a strategic shot to Kozlov’s knee, Slater drove the big Russian to the canvas. Gabriel capitalized, finishing off Kozlov with a 450 Splash for a quick win.

"Acting" SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero announced Elimination Chamber Qualifying Matches
After Vickie announced there would be a series of Elimination Chamber Qualifying Matches, the "acting" GM ordered Kelly Kelly to the ring to discuss her attack on Vickie during the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Royal Rumble. As Vickie, Ziggler and Kelly Kelly exchanged heated words about Royal Rumble, Kelly Kelly slapped Ziggler, which led to chaos involving Lay-Cool and Edge.

Booker T joined the SmackDown announce team
Fresh off his surprise appearance in the Royal Rumble Match, Booker T shocked the WWE Universe once again by joining the SmackDown announce team as its newest member. Booker treated fans to a Spinarooni and later revealed that he will be a coach on the upcoming reality series "WWE Tough Enough” hosted by WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight:

Vickie Steps In

After recent wins against Dolph Ziggler at Royal Rumble and last week on SmackDown, Edge will put his World Title on the line for a third time against Ziggler. With "acting" General Manager Vickie Guerrero serving as guest referee, will The Ultimate Opportunist's reign finally come to an end?

Find out this and more, on WWE Friday Night SmackDown! on The SyFy Network!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE_Elimination_Chamber_Logo.jpg

The SmackDown! Side:

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match

At WWE Elimination Chamber, six SmackDown Superstars will step into the career-altering abyss that is the Elimination Chamber Match. Will Edge walk out with the World Heavyweight Championship still in his grasp? Or will another Superstar rise from the metal mayhem as the new World Champion and face No. 1 contender Alberto Del Rio in the main event at WrestleMania? The Elimination Chamber is such a sinister instrument of destruction that it has only been contested 11 times since its inception. The mangled configuration of torture is comprised of two miles of chain, 10 tons of steel, measuring 16-feet in height and 36-feet in diameter. Two Superstars will begin the match, with the others being released one-at-a-time into the insanity thereafter. A Superstar wins when his five adversaries have been eliminated by pinfall or submission. There is no disqualification; no order; no place to hide. In addition to Edge, the match will include Rey Mysterio, Kane, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre – all of whom claimed their opportunity in a series of Elimination Chamber Qualifying Matches on the Feb. 4 edition of SmackDown. “Acting” SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero used her authority to automatically insert her boyfriend, Dolph Ziggler, into the fray. Although the odds are stacked against The Rated-R Superstar retaining his World Heavyweight Championship, The Master Manipulator has triumphed in the Elimination Chamber before, forging his legacy in a total of three battles inside the dreaded structure. Kane also has been in three Elimination Chamber Matches, including its inaugural match in the 2002 Survivor Series. The Devil’s Favorite Demon is not only tailor-made for the hellish structure, but he would like nothing better than to use it to reclaim the title that The Ultimate Opportunist took from him at WWE TLC. Rey Mysterio has experienced the madness of Elimination Chamber on two separate occasions. His athletic prowess, extreme heart and aerial superiority allow him to thrive on all levels of the cage-like environment and could make the difference for the two-time World Champion. Although this is the first Elimination Chamber Match for Ziggler, McIntyre and Barrett, each has demonstrated the type of ruthless aggression needed to reign supreme amidst the masochistic steel. Who will emerge from WWE Elimination Chamber with the World Heavyweight Championship and go on to headline WrestleMania?

Find out Sunday, Feb. 20 at 8 / 7 CT, only on pay-per-view.​

Can't wait to find out if anything is gonna happen about Kelly Kelly. Also can't wait to see if/how much Booker T has improved at the commentary table. Should be a pretty fun night.

Looking for a good time tonight? Whenever the Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl 45, or football in general are mentioned, take a drink.

Imma get you hammered.

I wonder if the places Del Rio and WWE 'rent' those cars from get a pretty penny for the service they utilize. When I went to the SD show in October, we were there early enough about an hour before the show started and we saw them loading the car in the service area for the intro, and they were removing the dealer plastic tags to put on a Del Rio magnet tag...

Kofi has the whitest voice for a black man.

At least its not that phony accent anymore that he was using for the first year or two of his career with WWE... Thank goodness for HHH catching him on that... lol...that still makes me chuckle when I remember him getting called out. HHH : "What happened to your accent?" Kofi: (looks confused and stunned)

There should be a gif for Del Rio like that limes one for Sheamus. Something with him winking ... but you already know that.

DelRio has a grin that seems to go for miles, eerily enough, I was watching "The Dark Knight" and when I saw The Joker (Heath Ledger version) I kinda thought of DelRio with the ear to ear grin, not that its a bad thing. He just has one of those mile long smiles...

DelRio has a grin that seems to go for miles, eerily enough, I was watching "The Dark Knight" and when I saw The Joker (Heath Ledger version) I kinda thought of DelRio with the ear to ear grin, not that its a bad thing. He just has one of those mile long smiles...

Huh. I thought I was the only one that thought that.

Kofi with aggression is good, but he should be careful, because when you get too angry, you leave yourself wide open for botches or mistakes, as he has done in the past notably in his feud with Orton.... relegating himself back to midcard purgatory after that mis-step.

I think Del Rio winning at Mania is entirely dependent on how over he can get. Edge is still probably gonna be the favorite, but if Del Rio can start getting a lot more heat, I could see him winning.

I think they give Del Rio the title at Mania, even though I don't like him (he does a good job I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back