• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ECW Invasion Dreamer, Raven, Richards & More!

Can't be any worse than the three-hour desecration of ECW that the WWE did, or worse yet, the months and years worth of desecration it performed by showcasing ECW as a C-show week-after-week on ScyFy, Tenta.

I refuse to read spoilers, but I know something big is scheduled to happen this week on iMPACT! regarding the whole thing, so i'll wait to see the whole thing come to fruition before I judge it, but I'm not entirely sure this is such a bad idea depending on how it's handled.

Can't be any worse than the three-hour desecration of ECW that the WWE did, or worse yet, the months and years worth of desecration it performed by showcasing ECW as a C-show week-after-week on ScyFy, Tenta.

One of these things I'm going to agree with you on. The other... You couldn't be any more wrong, IDR. You really can't.

You see, the WWE went out of its way to bring back all of the names in TNA that can work a solid match. They brought back Storm, Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, Psicosis, Tajiri, and the likes. They actually brought in not only wrestlers who embodied ECw (Dreamer, Sandman), but also the names that worked great matches on the card. They let Benoit and Guerrero have a hell of a match, they let Jericho and Storm (thanks for reminding about my Old School review today ;) ) have a fantastic performance. Were the matches short? Well yeah, but the fact that they brought in names that could actually work for the event was the most important thing. And the celebration at the end was something you can't deny was better than anything I've seen since concerning ECW. It made me almost forget that Raven wasn't there, which was for the better, as he probably would have been too messed up to perform.

Don't know where you get off saying 2005's ONS wasn't a good show, IDR, I really don't. But if you think for one second TNA can top that, you're even more delusional than I initially thought. RVD will work a good match, probably with Abyss, and who else? Will Raven break out and have a great match? Will they bring back Shane Douglas to wow the crowd?

The problem is, as right now, the ECWTNA stable has no workers that can carry a torch to what the 2005 ONS put in the ring. And good luck finding it, because they're either employed somewhere else for more than TNA would make it worth to them, retired happily, or just would find it to be redundant. ECW died about ten years ago, and had its tribute show five years ago, Hardcore Homecoming not counted. At this point, out of respect for ECW, they should really just let it go to glory.

And yes, it will be a desecration, whether you'd like to admit it or not

One of these things I'm going to agree with you on. The other... You couldn't be any more wrong, IDR. You really can't.

You see, the WWE went out of its way to bring back all of the names in TNA that can work a solid match. They brought back Storm, Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, Psicosis, Tajiri, and the likes. They actually brought in not only wrestlers who embodied ECw (Dreamer, Sandman), but also the names that worked great matches on the card. They let Benoit and Guerrero have a hell of a match, they let Jericho and Storm (thanks for reminding about my Old School review today ;) ) have a fantastic performance. Were the matches short? Well yeah, but the fact that they brought in names that could actually work for the event was the most important thing. And the celebration at the end was something you can't deny was better than anything I've seen since concerning ECW. It made me almost forget that Raven wasn't there, which was for the better, as he probably would have been too messed up to perform.

The first time, yes. Then they turned it into a side show by One Night Stand II. Uh, did I read that right – a one night stand is now a second night stand? Oh, the irony...

They still trumped the whole thing with a WWE "invasion" though, Tenta – that's what I'm referring to here when I talk about the desecration of what ECW was. Had they dedicated the entire thing to nothing but ECW stars by giving them one last hoorah, by all means, but they didn't – they still had to make it about how "WWE is better than ECW" by having the WWE guys "invade". I thought it was really tasteless, myself.

Raven was competing for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in 2005, man – not sure where you're getting this too messed up to perform stuff from. He was putting on some of his best work in years then.

Don't know where you get off saying 2005's ONS wasn't a good show, IDR, I really don't. But if you think for one second TNA can top that, you're even more delusional than I initially thought. RVD will work a good match, probably with Abyss, and who else? Will Raven break out and have a great match? Will they bring back Shane Douglas to wow the crowd?

As I noted earlier, they had to make it about how "WWE is better than ECW", and not about "this is what ECW was". It was an OK show, but it was seriously trumped by unnecessary nonsense, IMO.

Not sure who they could bring back, but there are a number of options available to them. Let's be honest here, too – it's not as though they need to perform at the same rate they did 20 years ago. No one expects that. But if they can put on an entertaining match, it might be worth watching – same as watching Flair wrestle right now, IMO.

Other available names: Mick Foley, New Jack, Sandman, Terry Funk, Sabu, Shane Douglas, 2 Cold Scorpio, Al Snow, Abdullah the Butcher, Balls Mahoney, Blue Meanie, Justin Credible, etc.

The problem is, as right now, the ECWTNA stable has no workers that can carry a torch to what the 2005 ONS put in the ring. And good luck finding it, because they're either employed somewhere else for more than TNA would make it worth to them, retired happily, or just would find it to be redundant. ECW died about ten years ago, and had its tribute show five years ago, Hardcore Homecoming not counted. At this point, out of respect for ECW, they should really just let it go to glory.

And yes, it will be a desecration, whether you'd like to admit it or not

Granted, but who says they have to? You are talking about this like it's a long-term strategy, which we have no idea is actually the case or not. All of them are capable of working matches, still. You make it sound like they're in fucking wheelchairs, man.

The first time, yes. Then they turned it into a side show by One Night Stand II. Uh, did I read that right – a one night stand is now a second night stand? Oh, the irony...

They still trumped the whole thing with a WWE "invasion" though, Tenta – that's what I'm referring to here when I talk about the desecration of what ECW was. Had they dedicated the entire thing to nothing but ECW stars by giving them one last hoorah, by all means, but they didn't – they still had to make it about how "WWE is better than ECW" by having the WWE guys "invade". I thought it was really tasteless, myself.

Let me get this straight... You thought it was tasteless that the WWE included the fact they have their own product? Or, that they actually provided heels for the show? And did you actually watch the end? You know, where all of the ECW guys beat the piss out of the WWE invasion, and Stone Cold Steve Austin stunned Eric Bischoff.

Right, you're not grasping at straws at all.

Raven was competing for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in 2005, man – not sure where you're getting this too messed up to perform stuff from. He was putting on some of his best work in years then.

Well, because that's been the case for years. Let's be honest, Raven's been a shell of himself since 1997. He had two fantastic years with Tommy Dreamer, and it's been all downhill from there. Even working with CM Punk, in that whole "Straigthedge VS... Well, Raven" thing, Raven wasn't half the performer he was in 1995. Face facts, Raven hasn't a damn thing to the wrestling world since before he went to WCW.

As I noted earlier, they had to make it about how "WWE is better than ECW", and not about "this is what ECW was". It was an OK show, but it was seriously trumped by unnecessary nonsense, IMO.

The unnecessary nonsense of Paul Heyman shooting on all of them? Of pointing out to Eric that his company lasted longer than Eric's? Since when did that show become about WWE?

Oh, that's right, it's a WWE product, and because it is, you can't give it any credit. Sounds like someone we used to know. Let the hate throw you, Young IDR....

Not sure who they could bring back, but there are a number of options available to them. Let's be honest here, too – it's not as though they need to perform at the same rate they did 20 years ago. No one expects that. But if they can put on an entertaining match, it might be worth watching – same as watching Flair wrestle right now, IMO.

So let me get this straight... Off the back of what was widely decided as a sub par PPV, you want to throw out... Another sub par PPV.

Someone, give this man the book.

Other available names: Mick Foley,

Noted. He'll probably be there.

New Jack,

Oh Dear God. Look, you can invite anyone, but unless you want someone getting shot in the locker room, you don't invite this man. He is probably the most psychotic man in wrestling, and having him in your locker room will bring nothing but bad things, I assure you. Furthermore, he's nothing without Mustafa.

Yeah, right, let me know how that goes when they try to book Raven/Sandman, and both wrestlers can't get to throwing punches.

Terry Funk,

Now, this one is good, perhaps cliched. But there's no reason to believe he's coming.

Oh God. I'm sorry, do you remember on the bad terms he left TNA before? Yeah, you have no fucking chance of bringing him back, and you know it.

Shane Douglas, 2 Cold Scorpio, Al Snow, Abdullah the Butcher, Balls Mahoney, Blue Meanie, Justin Credible, etc.

The only won worth any legitimate credibility to ECW is Shane Douglas. Period. Justin Credible was a terrible ECW Champion, really, and the rest are beyond the point of working good matches.

Granted, but who says they have to? You are talking about this like it's a long-term strategy, which we have no idea is actually the case or not. All of them are capable of working matches, still. You make it sound like they're in fucking wheelchairs, man.

But you'll agree, they're not even close to wrestling shape. And one month to get them ready? Yeah, this just screams horrible show, IDR. It really does.

I think its a good idea beacause what if they get sandman and sabu. Then possibly turn TNA EPICS OR TNA REACTION in to an all ecw matchs no dq's lots of blood and wepons. I'm cause hardcore wrestling in wwe you have to spend $49.99 plus tax to see extreme rules matchs and on raw and smackdown it's always singles, tag, or handicap. plus having an all ecw type match show rvd vs abyss with nail bat and not having it took away every time he goes for it.

Let me get this straight... You thought it was tasteless that the WWE included the fact they have their own product? Or, that they actually provided heels for the show? And did you actually watch the end? You know, where all of the ECW guys beat the piss out of the WWE invasion, and Stone Cold Steve Austin stunned Eric Bischoff.

Right, you're not grasping at straws at all.

Yes, I watched the show, and yes, I thought it was tasteless, because despite the finish, I didn't think they belonged there at all. The whole thing was supposed to be one last hoorah, but instead to me it came off as one last "Fuck you, competition" courtesy of VKM.

Call it what you will.

Well, because that's been the case for years. Let's be honest, Raven's been a shell of himself since 1997. He had two fantastic years with Tommy Dreamer, and it's been all downhill from there. Even working with CM Punk, in that whole "Straigthedge VS... Well, Raven" thing, Raven wasn't half the performer he was in 1995. Face facts, Raven hasn't a damn thing to the wrestling world since before he went to WCW.

No performer from that era is "half" the performer now. That's not the point. You continue to allude to a fact I've already said isn't important. This is about nostalgia, not rewinding to 1993 in terms of how well they'll perform. So long as they can make it to the ring, hit their spots and entertain the audience, it was a success. Period.

You can chime off about relevance and ring-work until you're blue in the face – won't matter any more than you think Raven's career did since he went to WCW. They're still entertaining – just like Flair – end of story. You can disagree, but it doesn't make me wrong. Newsflash, man – you can't have a "wrong" opinion – only one others may not necessarily agree with.

The unnecessary nonsense of Paul Heyman shooting on all of them? Of pointing out to Eric that his company lasted longer than Eric's? Since when did that show become about WWE?

Oh, that's right, it's a WWE product, and because it is, you can't give it any credit. Sounds like someone we used to know. Let the hate throw you, Young IDR....

It was a WWE invasion, regardless of the shoot and regardless of the finish, and just as I noted before, the whole thing was supposed to be one last hoorah, but instead to me it came off as one last "Fuck you, competition" courtesy of VKM.

Again, opinion. Can't be wrong, because it's opinion – something based off personal taste.

Oh, and yes, I hate the WWE. Get over it. The pestilence is strong in you.

So let me get this straight... Off the back of what was widely decided as a sub par PPV, you want to throw out... Another sub par PPV.

Someone, give this man the book.

Yeah, maybe I can invite John Tenta's look-a-like out so you can enjoy it too.

Also, not going point-by-point with you on who is available and why they should or shouldn't be involved – I was simply listing a number of "available" names.

But you'll agree, they're not even close to wrestling shape. And one month to get them ready? Yeah, this just screams horrible show, IDR. It really does.

Doesn't matter. Bret Hart was no where close to wrestling shape, and he came back, no? Oh, that's right - it's WWE, so it's OK to bring back their own legends – something TNA doesn't have the privilege of doing seeing as they've only been around for 8 years. :rolleyes:

Yes, I watched the show, and yes, I thought it was tasteless, because despite the finish, I didn't think they belonged there at all. The whole thing was supposed to be one last hoorah, but instead to me it came off as one last "Fuck you, competition" courtesy of VKM.

Call it what you will.

No performer from that era is "half" the performer now. That's not the point. You continue to allude to a fact I've already said isn't important. This is about nostalgia, not rewinding to 1993 in terms of how well they'll perform. So long as they can make it to the ring, hit their spots and entertain the audience, it was a success. Period.

You can chime off about relevance and ring-work until you're blue in the face – won't matter any more than you think Raven's career did since he went to WCW. They're still entertaining – just like Flair – end of story. You can disagree, but it doesn't make me wrong. Newsflash, man – you can't have a "wrong" opinion – only one others may not necessarily agree with.

It was a WWE invasion, regardless of the shoot and regardless of the finish, and just as I noted before, the whole thing was supposed to be one last hoorah, but instead to me it came off as one last "Fuck you, competition" courtesy of VKM.

Again, opinion. Can't be wrong, because it's opinion – something based off personal taste.

Oh, and yes, I hate the WWE. Get over it. The pestilence is strong in you.

Yeah, maybe I can invite John Tenta's look-a-like out so you can enjoy it too.

Also, not going point-by-point with you on who is available and why they should or shouldn't be involved – I was simply listing a number of "available" names.

Doesn't matter. Bret Hart was no where close to wrestling shape, and he came back, no? Oh, that's right - it's WWE, so it's OK to bring back their own legends – something TNA doesn't have the privilege of doing seeing as they've only been around for 8 years. :rolleyes:

Man.... I'm not even going to bother replying to the whole thing. Not because I'm conceding anything, but for the sheer fact that, throughout this entire post, this is the image I think of what your replies have become.

funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

Granted, you're not a sea otter, but you're basically pulling the same stunt. You refuse to acknowledge that the WWE had something on the card that TNA can't bring in, or for that matter, won't bring in; workers to actuallt work decent matches.

Your theory of nostalgia? Pure and utter bullshit. Absolute shit. I have an event that I remember quite well, that was based off nostalgia, too. Wanna know what it's called? It was called Heroes of Wrestling, and happened in 1999. The promoter of that event brought all old names of the past, who couldn't work anymore. Humorously enough, he also brought in two of the names you just offered, in Abdullah The Butcher, and 2 Cold Scorpio. Which, by the way, Abdullah never had anything to do with Extreme Championship Wrestling, which really makes me question if you've ever watched a god damn show from ECW. Anyway, the promoter brought in all these names, who couldn't work anymore, and he banked that people would buy it, based on nostalgia.

Simply put, they didn't. Not only is it reagarded at the worst television show in wrestling history, it didn't draw anyone at all. The result was clear; that offering nostalgia in doses is nice, but you have to offer something of substance to wrestling fans, for them to buy it. Wrestling fans aren't idiot, in spite of what you may believe, and in fact, know a good product from a bad product. And if you really believe that fans are going to buy a product for the ECW name, and not be dissapointed when there are no good matches to be had, you're even more hopeless than I assume. Nostalgia works, when you have something of substance to include it with. WWE had nostalgia, as well as good workers to wrestle matches, and keep fans from being upset.

You, on the other hand, are offering that it's perfectly fine for a company to offer shit wrestling, as long as there is nostalgia. I reference you, sir, to the sea otter above.

Man.... I'm not even going to bother replying to the whole thing. Not because I'm conceding anything, but for the sheer fact that, throughout this entire post, this is the image I think of what your replies have become.

funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

Granted, you're not a sea otter, but you're basically pulling the same stunt. You refuse to acknowledge that the WWE had something on the card that TNA can't bring in, or for that matter, won't bring in; workers to actuallt work decent matches.

Your theory of nostalgia? Pure and utter bullshit. Absolute shit. I have an event that I remember quite well, that was based off nostalgia, too. Wanna know what it's called? It was called Heroes of Wrestling, and happened in 1999. The promoter of that event brought all old names of the past, who couldn't work anymore. Humorously enough, he also brought in two of the names you just offered, in Abdullah The Butcher, and 2 Cold Scorpio. Which, by the way, Abdullah never had anything to do with Extreme Championship Wrestling, which really makes me question if you've ever watched a god damn show from ECW. Anyway, the promoter brought in all these names, who couldn't work anymore, and he banked that people would buy it, based on nostalgia.

Simply put, they didn't. Not only is it reagarded at the worst television show in wrestling history, it didn't draw anyone at all. The result was clear; that offering nostalgia in doses is nice, but you have to offer something of substance to wrestling fans, for them to buy it. Wrestling fans aren't idiot, in spite of what you may believe, and in fact, know a good product from a bad product. And if you really believe that fans are going to buy a product for the ECW name, and not be dissapointed when there are no good matches to be had, you're even more hopeless than I assume. Nostalgia works, when you have something of substance to include it with. WWE had nostalgia, as well as good workers to wrestle matches, and keep fans from being upset.

You, on the other hand, are offering that it's perfectly fine for a company to offer shit wrestling, as long as there is nostalgia. I reference you, sir, to the sea otter above.

Cool – then go back to predetermining things to fail based on preconceived notions you couldn't possibly know about outside of the opinion that the names they're going to feature – none of which have actually been confirmed nor denied yet, mind you – can't work a show anymore.

I never said this would work, Tenta – I said it could work, presuming it were done right. I also never defined what "right" is, because I have no idea how they are going to work this angle. All we've been privy to is seeing the ECW guys come in through the crowd and leave after a few matches – that's it. Until I see what this is all about, I won't blindly discard it as shit as you and so many others on this forum do out of convenience and habit.

I grasp at straws, and you finish my sentences for me. At least we're both in the wrong, eh?

And ECW Stable or Invasion angle sounds somewhat interesting, but the problem is that the product has been unwatchable since around March or so, and the WWE is currently running an Invasion angle with new characters, so it kind of brings my excitement level and expectations down a notch.

I’m not going to shoot it down before I see it executed, but I’m going to give it a chance with underwhelming expectations as viewer, since I am currently following an invasion angle given by the competition, and due to the product being unwatchable as of late for me.

I’m tired and having my mid afternoon crash. I just realized that I posted the same paragraph twice with just different wording. Wow I need some coffee.

According to an "exclusive report" on the WZ main page, TNA is contemplating, or have decided already that Hard Justice will be TNA's version of ECW's "One Night Stand" in which the ECW Originals – obviously working under a different name in TNA, most likely – will compete along side the TNA wrestlers the same way the WWE stars did back in 2005.

Thoughts?

Here are my thoughts,MEGA FAIL:banghead:. They are really going to do this? TNA can't come up with anything better than to Re-hash something that WWE has already done. Sometimes I just can't stand TNA.

According to reports, Dreamer is heavily instrumental in the creative direction of the ECW invasion angle. Credit Prowrestling.net. To me this pretty good news that Russo is not in control in booking this angle. I think that with Dreamer heavily involved in the angle it could be good because I think that he has a good mind for this business

Bottom line is that if TNA went out of bussiness tomorrow, I would still like it better than WWE although they are doing some decent stuff now.

By the way, werent TNA planing on this ECW angle before Nexus ever did anything in WWE? Wouldnt that mean WWE is copying TNA?

But anyway, I'm interested to see where it goes.

I refuse to read spoilers, but I know something big is scheduled to happen this week on iMPACT! regarding the whole thing, so i'll wait to see the whole thing come to fruition before I judge it, but I'm not entirely sure this is such a bad idea depending on how it's handled.

You dont realize how stupid you sound. Why are you even bringing up ECW, its over finished. It had its day and now its ment to be TNA's. TNA is pissing me off so much it used to be so good now its wrecked. Plus if anything gonna make me more interested in TNA is the invasion of these legends. Unless their balls fell off and they no longer can do hardcore stuff than we have a problem.

Plus im sure Dr Stevie can still do hardcore stuff he did in 2009.

BRING BACK FOLEY!! BRING BACK SIX SIDES!!

Read the spoilers on another website. Not sure why they have been posted here yet? The next 2 Impacts are being said to be very well done. Funny how no Hogan or Bischoff means a better product. I'm hoping their time with TNA is coming to an end. Especially Hogan...

This is my first post and what better way to start then with the ECW invasion. Now with this so called ECW invasion going on in TNA it got thinking, TNA does have the Heart and Soul of ECW with Tommy Dreamer, it also has the Backbone with Team 3-D/Dudleys Boyz. It has the brains with the evil mastermind RAVEN, but it still is missing some people that made ECW great. Men like

1. Chris Beniot, Eddie Guerrero, and Dean Malenkio-these guys were the pure straight mat wrestlers. These 3 man made ECW look more then a hardcore promotion. Now i know that Chris and Eddie are dead and Dean is retired could this come and bite this invasion in the ass.

2. The BWO- sure they were a cheap knockoff the NWO but these guys were really funny you had the Blue guy and Big Stevie Cool, sure they have stevie but there missing the Blue Meanie and Nova and i doubt they will be able to get those two guys.

3. Joey Styles- this man did the commentary for ECW by himself which was unheard of when ECW was around, hell whenever i watched bound for glory 2005 when Jeff did the swanton bomb off the top of the entrance set onto the monster abyss through 2 tables, people could hear don west but in my mind the only thing i could hear was OH MY GOD. The famous words said everytime something extreme would happen in ECW. With him working for WWE.com i truly doubt we will be hearing those words again.

4. Paul E- The evil Cult Leader of the little tribe of Extreme. Paul E did something Vince Mcmahon and Eric Bishoff still refuse to do. Show the Fans RESPECT. When ever a guy would get injuried from taking a bad bump, Paul would come out and say what happen and show the fans the footage and told them he got hurt. Paul wouldn't bullshit the fans in anyway and i still respect for that though Paul was ECW greatest strenght he was also ECW greatest weakness.

5. Sabu- this man was just fuckin crazy, he would put his body on the line like no other man would have the ballz to do. He is covered with scars from head to toe and he did earn every one of those scars, now Sabu was in TNA for a short time and i don't know what caused him to leave or if he even left on good terms but with RVD and RAVEN still in the company I think he will be comming back.

6. Mikie Whipwreck- this poor kid got his ass beat in every match he was in and kept comming back for more and earn the fans respect the old fashion way.

7. THE SANDMAN- the former 5 time ECW champion, i don't know what you call this crazy basdard. Who would have a party before the match start and kick ass damn near drunk, hell i am surpised he knew where he was half the time.

8. Terry Funk- The middle aged and crazy man who made ECW what it was, this man won the world title on there first ppv and proved that age wouldn't be a factor though due to his past injuries and doctors telling him he can't wrestle anymore i truly doubt he would be comming to TNA to do anything

So without most of these guys could this ECW invasion go good or will TNA have this blow this up in our faces and make a basdard child worse the WWECW.

Let me hear your thoughts on this and if i am forgetting another key man from ECW please let me know, and remember please follow the rules when it comes to posting.

1. Chris Beniot, Eddie Guerrero, and Dean Malenkio-these guys were the pure straight mat wrestlers. These 3 man made ECW look more then a hardcore promotion. Now i know that Chris and Eddie are dead and Dean is retired could this come and bite this invasion in the ass.

I'm willing to bet Dreamer, Raven and everyone else involved in that 3 year fued would disagree that Eddie, Dean and Chris were the only ones responsible for making ECW more than just garbage wrestling. They added psychology (or Raven did - depends whether you believe Mr Levy about that)

2. The BWO- sure they were a cheap knockoff the NWO but these guys were really funny you had the Blue guy and Big Stevie Cool, sure they have stevie but there missing the Blue Meanie and Nova and i doubt they will be able to get those two guys.

They can get the top ECW stars but they cant get the remaining members of a comedy group? Elaborate please.....

3. Joey Styles- this man did the commentary for ECW by himself which was unheard of when ECW was around, hell whenever i watched bound for glory 2005 when Jeff did the swanton bomb off the top of the entrance set onto the monster abyss through 2 tables, people could hear don west but in my mind the only thing i could hear was OH MY GOD. The famous words said everytime something extreme would happen in ECW. With him working for WWE.com i truly doubt we will be hearing those words again.

TNA has an announce team. Unless this invasion is booked as ECW taking over I doubt it will matter - besides; if they're "taking over" and its supposed to be a real invasion - why would TNA book Styles to commentate? Isn't the point of an invasion that the invaded company has no control over the invaders?

4. Paul E- The evil Cult Leader of the little tribe of Extreme. Paul E did something Vince Mcmahon and Eric Bishoff still refuse to do. Show the Fans RESPECT. When ever a guy would get injuried from taking a bad bump, Paul would come out and say what happen and show the fans the footage and told them he got hurt. Paul wouldn't bullshit the fans in anyway and i still respect for that though Paul was ECW greatest strenght he was also ECW greatest weakness.

Yeah but he bullshitted the boys didn't he? Side issue really - felt it had to be pointed out. I agree with you though, if this is truly gonna get over as an invasion - you sure as fuck need the spiritual leader of these guys.

. Sabu- this man was just fuckin crazy, he would put his body on the line like no other man would have the ballz to do. He is covered with scars from head to toe and he did earn every one of those scars, now Sabu was in TNA for a short time and i don't know what caused him to leave or if he even left on good terms but with RVD and RAVEN still in the company I think he will be comming back.

From the horses mouth, he cant do that stuff on a regular basis anymore. If he comes in at all - don't expect him to be featured heavily.

6. Mikie Whipwreck- this poor kid got his ass beat in every match he was in and kept comming back for more and earn the fans respect the old fashion way.

Doesn't he run a school or work at a school now? Possibility none the less. Put him back with Mitchell (or Sinister Minister)

7. THE SANDMAN- the former 5 time ECW champion, i don't know what you call this crazy basdard. Who would have a party before the match start and kick ass damn near drunk, hell i am surpised he knew where he was half the time.

Same as with Sabu - not physically able anymore. Having said that - people paid to see his entrance, not his matches. Probably more likely to work more than Sabu but still in a relatively minimized capacity

8. Terry Funk- The middle aged and crazy man who made ECW what it was, this man won the world title on there first ppv and proved that age wouldn't be a factor though due to his past injuries and doctors telling him he can't wrestle anymore i truly doubt he would be comming to TNA to do anything

Yeah, because TNA dont hire over-the-hill wrestlers way past their prime. Dont disagree with you that Funk most probably isnt physically able to perform to the standard the internet holds. Unlikely from that stand point.

So without most of these guys could this ECW invasion go good or will TNA have this blow this up in our faces and make a basdard child worse the WWECW.

Let me hear your thoughts on this and if i am forgetting another key man from ECW please let me know, and remember please follow the rules when it comes to posting.

First off, WWECW failed because the booking was horrible (intentionally if you're someone who believes fat dudes with keyboards)

Secondly and let me preface this by saying I am, under absolutely NO circumstances discussing or arguing this point with anyone. As far as this points concerned I am 100% right - so save it please. Anyway....

Steve fucking Corino is the MAN

FIN

i kinda agree it wont b the same without sabu, sandman, and joey styles but i think they can pull it off just fine without them! im sure they could bring in these guys if they really wanted to! i know styles is in wwe but hes not under a contract! but i dont feel they need to! only person missing that i believe is a must is paul heyman! but lets all just hope they suceed in bringing in the evil genius!!!

I'm willing to bet Dreamer, Raven and everyone else involved in that 3 year fued would disagree that Eddie, Dean and Chris were the only ones responsible for making ECW more than just garbage wrestling. They added psychology (or Raven did - depends whether you believe Mr Levy about that)FIN

Okay but you forgot to say that most of there matches were with weapons or anything that the fans gave them to use. Dean, Chris, and Eddie's matches were nothing more then pure wrestling. They showed that ECW was more then a hardcore promation. It was a big help to ECW get up 2 what the legend was.

They can get the top ECW stars but they cant get the remaining members of a comedy group? Elaborate please.....FIN

How the Hell do I know what the Blue Meanie and Nova are doing. I think Nova is down in Mexico doing some shit and I think the Blue Meanie retired, so who knows maybe they can't get ahold of them okay, maybe TNA won't want to bring them in. Who knows they might not be able to do that because WWE could sue them if they have the legal rights to the name BWO

TNA has an announce team. Unless this invasion is booked as ECW taking over I doubt it will matter - besides; if they're "taking over" and its supposed to be a real invasion - why would TNA book Styles to commentate? Isn't the point of an invasion that the invaded company has no control over the invaders?FIN

You can't do anything ECW without the voice of ECW, hearing any other voice other then Joey Styles isn't ECW that I remember. If i don't hear like OH MY GOD when Mick Foley does something crazy just isn't the same. I am basicly making a point that Joey Styles might have done only commentary he was a big part of ECW like the wrestlers and fans were

Yeah but he bullshitted the boys didn't he? Side issue really - felt it had to be pointed out. I agree with you though, if this is truly gonna get over as an invasion - you sure as fuck need the spiritual leader of these guys.FIN

Paul E didn't bullshit the guys most of the time, hell you watch the Raise and Fall of ECW. Taz and the Dudleys all say that when it came time for there paychecks Paul E always paid them, hell Paul would push them out the door when they were ready for the next level, Paul showed his wrestlers the respect Hell you look at half the guys who left didn't want to go. They had to leave because they needed to provide for there families, if Paul E could have had the money that Vinny Mack or Ted Turner had ECW would be around today

From the horses mouth, he cant do that stuff on a regular basis anymore. If he comes in at all - don't expect him to be featured heavily.FIN

I know that hell you look at Sabu final match at Lockdown I believe it was 2006 he was still doing the same shit i saw back in 1997/1998, Sabu is a crazy mother fucker who won't stop until he really hurts himself, which i hope he never does. Also i understand people push there bodies too much but if Sabu had to do it he would and he still is.

Doesn't he run a school or work at a school now? Possibility none the less. Put him back with Mitchell (or Sinister Minister) FIN

You see what I mean, I have no idea what the former guys are doing now and days after ECW ended.

Same as with Sabu - not physically able anymore. Having said that - people paid to see his entrance, not his matches. Probably more likely to work more than Sabu but still in a relatively minimized capacityFIN

The Sandman and Sabu can do what they used to do, hell i am surpised you actually said that Sandman is in better shape then Sabu. Sure Sabu put his body on the line externally, The Sandman most likey destoryed his liver and lungs from smoking and drinking all these years and both men can still pull it in the ring like it was 1999. I just hope if he does show up in TNA that they give him Metallica's Song and not some cheaply remake

Yeah, because TNA dont hire over-the-hill wrestlers way past their prime. Dont disagree with you that Funk most probably isnt physically able to perform to the standard the internet holds. Unlikely from that stand point. FIN

are you saying that TNA only hires over the hill wrestlers because if so that is not true hell in the last couple months they hired the Nasty Boyz, Scott Hall, and i think thats it because Hogan was only in the ring once and didn't limited in ring work. So you need to do something better then mock TNA like that. Funk can not, i repeat can not wrestle anymore after his match at one night stand in 2006 doctors told him he really can't do anymore. Funk is my childhood hero and i would rather see him just punch somebody and hit them with a weapon then wrestle one more match

First off, WWECW failed because the booking was horrible (intentionally if you're someone who believes fat dudes with keyboards)FIN[/QUOTE

Let me be clear here when WWECW first came onto the seen it was amazing, it was like 1999 for me all over again. I got to see some of my favorite wrestlers again with a little WWE mix to it. But as soon as they fired everybody the ECW flavor was gone and it became WWECW.

Secondly and let me preface this by saying I am, under absolutely NO circumstances discussing or arguing this point with anyone. As far as this points concerned I am 100% right - so save it please. Anyway....

Steve fucking Corino is the MAN

FIN

Your not right at all because i just argured your points that you have made, all i am saying is i am hoping TNAECW doesn't become a basdard child like WWECW but i am sure that if Tommy Dreamer or Paul E are behind then i have nothing to be scared about and don't worry, unless you break the rules in the whole forums i won't delete anything

I'm pretty sure those 3 guys did not make Ecw what it was, and I'm also pretty sure that given the fact that they were 3 amazing straight mat wrestlers that they wouldn't really be the most remembered men in the company known as ECW

Considering he's working with Wwe still I doubt he will show up, and there really wouldn't be much point, you have Tazz in commentary, I'm sure that he will side with the Ecw people in the commentary section.

The thing I do agree on is that they really do need Paul, they tried to get him, he wouldn't go, now lets just see how it works without him.

5. Sabu- this man was just fuckin crazy, he would put his body on the line like no other man would have the ballz to do. He is covered with scars from head to toe and he did earn every one of those scars, now Sabu was in TNA for a short time and i don't know what caused him to leave or if he even left on good terms but with RVD and RAVEN still in the company I think he will be comming back.

He might show up for Ppv but I doubt he will always be there.

I really don't see him showing up, but never say never I suppose. He has kind of faded out though.

7. THE SANDMAN- the former 5 time ECW champion, i don't know what you call this crazy bastard. Who would have a party before the match start and kick ass damn near drunk, hell i am surpised he knew where he was half the time.

8. Terry Funk- The middle aged and crazy man who made ECW what it was, this man won the world title on there first ppv and proved that age wouldn't be a factor though due to his past injuries and doctors telling him he can't wrestle anymore i truly doubt he would be comming to TNA to do anything.

I would really like to see both Sandman(kind of for his awesome entrance) and Terry Funk in Tna for this Ecw invasion, it would be pretty awesome to see both of them.

I think this angle could work really well, and if not, well at least they tried! I'm looking forward to it also, it should make Tna very exciting!

Okay but you forgot to say that most of there matches were with weapons or anything that the fans gave them to use. Dean, Chris, and Eddie's matches were nothing more then pure wrestling. They showed that ECW was more then a hardcore promation. It was a big help to ECW get up 2 what the legend was.

Yeah and they sold those moves. They didnt have 500 chair shots and 1000 table bumps. As with anything Raven does it all made sense and was as logical as possible - no-one else did that in ECW before this fued. Hell, Heyman is on record as saying as much.

As for the 3 amigos; Are you basing your opinion of their impact on ECW on Rise and fall? Listen, those matches were boo'd roundly at the Arena. Fact. It wasnt until those fans learned of their imminent departure that they start getting behind them - and surely your not naive enough to think that was for any reason other than the fact that they were leaving to join WCW? It had nothing to do with their work. Trust me.

How the Hell do I know what the Blue Meanie and Nova are doing. I think Nova is down in Mexico doing some shit and I think the Blue Meanie retired, so who knows maybe they can't get a hold of them okay, maybe TNA won't want to bring them in. Who knows they might not be able to do that because WWE could sue them if they have the legal rights to the name BWO

All I asked for was the reason why you were sure this wouldn't happen - I wasn't disagreeing with you. On your period much? Don't ask a question then get your maxi pad in a twist when you get an answer.

You can't do anything ECW without the voice of ECW, hearing any other voice other then Joey Styles isn't ECW that I remember. If i don't hear like OH MY GOD when Mick Foley does something crazy just isn't the same. I am basicly making a point that Joey Styles might have done only commentary he was a big part of ECW like the wrestlers and fans were

So the angle is dead before it starts if he doesn't get booked? Its not ECW anyway - its TNA, so TNA are entitled to want their voice talent, calling their show. Styles was a great fit for ECW, no doubt, but your talking like this is another ECW rehash a-la WWECW, its not. Its an ECW stable working TNA tv and/or house shows and PPV's

I know that hell you look at Sabu final match at Lockdown I believe it was 2006 he was still doing the same shit i saw back in 1997/1998, Sabu is a crazy mother fucker who won't stop until he really hurts himself, which i hope he never does. Also i understand people push there bodies too much but if Sabu had to do it he would and he still is.

Do you know what the term "from the horses mouth" means?! He said it himself only last year. He said it - good enough for me. He cant, he wont. End of.

Paul E didn't bullshit the guys most of the time, hell you watch the Raise and Fall of ECW. Taz and the Dudleys all say that when it came time for there paychecks Paul E always paid them, hell Paul would push them out the door when they were ready for the next level, Paul showed his wrestlers the respect Hell you look at half the guys who left didn't want to go. They had to leave because they needed to provide for there families, if Paul E could have had the money that Vinny Mack or Ted Turner had ECW would be around today

I did watch it yes. The difference being you clearly bought it all hook line and sinker. Only 5 years ago the D's blamed Heyman for screwing them out of the Dudley name by LYING TO THEM. And who's to say Taz wouldn't have ended up not getting payed if he stuck around any longer. Fuck, RVD admitted that heyman owed him well into 6 figures when ECW went bust. One of many my friend. Its a well known fact - take of the rose tinted specs.

The Sandman and Sabu can do what they used to do, hell i am surpised you actually said that Sandman is in better shape then Sabu. Sure Sabu put his body on the line externally, The Sandman most likey destoryed his liver and lungs from smoking and drinking all these years and both men can still pull it in the ring like it was 1999. I just hope if he does show up in TNA that they give him Metallica's Song and not some cheaply remake

So you've seen them work lately then? Im to discount their, testimony (for the lack of a better term) to the fact that they cant "hang" anymore, for your conjecture? please.

are you saying that TNA only hires over the hill wrestlers because if so that is not true hell in the last couple months they hired the Nasty Boyz, Scott Hall, and i think thats it because Hogan was only in the ring once and didn't limited in ring work. So you need to do something better then mock TNA like that. Funk can not, i repeat can not wrestle anymore after his match at one night stand in 2006 doctors told him he really can't do anymore. Funk is my childhood hero and i would rather see him just punch somebody and hit them with a weapon then wrestle one more match

Whoa whoa calm down Cindy. Im not attacking TNA's signing policy - no need to get all defensive. Jeez. You say its not likely they'll sign Funk for all the same reasons I heard they wont sign Flair, Hogan, Hall etc etc. All I meant was never say never.

Your not right at all because i just argured your points that you have made, all i am saying is i am hoping TNAECW doesn't become a basdard child like WWECW but i am sure that if Tommy Dreamer or Paul E are behind then i have nothing to be scared about and don't worry, unless you break the rules in the whole forums i won't delete anything

If the statement you're replying to was a pre-face to ALL MY POINTS, It would be AT THE START BEFORE MY POINTS - It was only a preface to my statement about Corino

English muthafucka, do you speak it?!

I find it personally laughable that people are arguing over this issue. Of course you cannot get all the old guys have of them can't even move anymore because of the crazy shit I watched them do everyweek at the arena. then of course to calim certain people made ECW while leaving others out is just assinine. How about teh Gangstas, the Eliminators, Too Cold Scorpio, Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible and Steve Corino to name a few, or maybe Teryy Funk.

Ultimately what I fear is really lost is the most important figure in ECW history the guy who threw doiwn the NWA title and spit on its legacy while helping to start the legacy of ECW. Even if that was all Shane Douglas did for ECW it would be more then most people. It however, was not all he carried the company on his back for years. An ECW angle without him is moot.

i kinda agree it wont b the same without sabu, sandman, and joey styles but i think they can pull it off just fine without them! im sure they could bring in these guys if they really wanted to! i know styles is in wwe but hes not under a contract!

actually Styles is under contract till 2011 i think i may be wrong but last i know he was still under his announcer contract when he got moved to WWE.com.

Yeah and they sold those moves. They didnt have 500 chair shots and 1000 table bumps. As with anything Raven does it all made sense and was as logical as possible - no-one else did that in ECW before this fued. Hell, Heyman is on record as saying as much.

As for the 3 amigos; Are you basing your opinion of their impact on ECW on Rise and fall? Listen, those matches were boo'd roundly at the Arena. Fact. It wasnt until those fans learned of their imminent departure that they start getting behind them - and surely your not naive enough to think that was for any reason other than the fact that they were leaving to join WCW? It had nothing to do with their work. Trust me.

Yeah i agree with you about the RAVEN and Dreamer fued, it was the first kind of fued that went on for 3 years, it was an awesome fued and the matches for great, for the 3 amigos sure they might have been boo'd out the freakin door, but they showed that ECW can do something other then Hardcore wrestling. Thats all I am saying when i remember ECW the first matche that come to mind my mind are Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko that was the greatest pure wrestling match of the 90's

All I asked for was the reason why you were sure this wouldn't happen - I wasn't disagreeing with you. On your period much? Don't ask a question then get your maxi pad in a twist when you get an answer.

Thats just it bro i don't have a freakin clue, i am in the dark on this whole invasion. I am not a mind reader you just assumed i knew, and i told you i have no idea if they have agrements with other companies but thanks to another poster Nova will return now all we are missing is DA BLUE GUY

So the angle is dead before it starts if he doesn't get booked? Its not ECW anyway - its TNA, so TNA are entitled to want their voice talent, calling their show. Styles was a great fit for ECW, no doubt, but your talking like this is another ECW rehash a-la WWECW, its not. Its an ECW stable working TNA tv and/or house shows and PPV's.

The angle won't be the same without Joey, like i said before you say ECW commenty you don't think of TAZ, you think of Mr. Styles. And your telling me that if ECW took over the show (quote from big stevie cool) that they are going to keep Mike Tenay on commenty FUCK NO they would put Joey in his place and if TNA could somehow get Joey are that show and put him, Tenay and Taz together that would be AWESOME because Joey is a lot better then him

Do you know what the term "from the horses mouth" means?! He said it himself only last year. He said it - good enough for me. He cant, he wont. End of.

So your saying that Sabu won't come to the ring with a chair and use it because he can't do it anymore i say BULLSHIT, because Sabu would still do some crazy shit like he did in 99 because he wants to hear the roar from the fans, and fans can make you do just about anything

I did watch it yes. The difference being you clearly bought it all hook line and sinker. Only 5 years ago the D's blamed Heyman for screwing them out of the Dudley name by LYING TO THEM. And who's to say Taz wouldn't have ended up not getting payed if he stuck around any longer. Fuck, RVD admitted that heyman owed him well into 6 figures when ECW went bust. One of many my friend. Its a well known fact - take of the rose tinted specs.

Okay so Taz lied when he broke his neck and Paul still sent him his paychecks until he returned to the ring is that it. Paul did want his wrestlers to move on to bigger and better things like when Vinny Mack contacted the Dudleys and wanted to stay in ECW only for a dollar more on there contract Paul E said i can't do it Go. Paul E somewhat looked out for his talent. Also i heard about that, when the Dudleys came to TNA they had a verbal contract with Heyman, and in courts verbal contracts mean shit because those are really hard to prove.Allright now lets say your boss says he can't pay you and you loved that job. You would walk out wouldn't you, RVD, Little Guido, Dreamer, and everybody stayed in ECW even though he couldn't pay them and thats shows how much a wrestler loves his company

Whoa whoa calm down Cindy. Im not attacking TNA's signing policy - no need to get all defensive. Jeez. You say its not likely they'll sign Funk for all the same reasons I heard they wont sign Flair, Hogan, Hall etc etc. All I meant was never say never.
Really who the fuck are you Dr. Cox from Scrubs calling me girl names when i am a dude, really dude thats fucking second grade shit and your in the WrestleZone Forums Bitch so come up with some better shit BOY, and correct never say never but when a doctor says no you can't, it would be kinda wise to listen to a doctor. Do you understand, that is how worker's comp works when you can't do something because a doctor says so.

If the statement you're replying to was a pre-face to ALL MY POINTS, It would be AT THE START BEFORE MY POINTS - It was only a preface to my statement about Corino

English muthafucka, do you speak it?!

wow you ask me if i speak english when you can't spell mother fucker right wow thats like calling the kettle calling the pot black. Maybe you need to start speaking English right

This is my first post and what better way to start then with the ECW invasion. Now with this so called ECW invasion going on in TNA it got thinking, TNA does have the Heart and Soul of ECW with Tommy Dreamer, it also has the Backbone with Team 3-D/Dudleys Boyz. It has the brains with the evil mastermind RAVEN, but it still is missing some people that made ECW great. Men like

You forgot one very important man, theguy who could work who was in ECW before Guerrero and had Malenko and Benoit as HIS backup. The man who promoted and wrestled the largest ECW event before ECW had national TV. The man who when he went hardcore it mattered. The man who threw down the NWA title and announced himself as the first Etreme Championship Wrestling World Champion. The Franchise Shane Douglas. But I know the Blue Meanie, Whipwreck, and the Vanilla Midgets were all more iomportant in ECW's history

Who cares. They can't make TNA any worse that it is. I just wish they would come up with their own ideas instead of ripping off old WWE/WCW gimmicks. What's next the NWO invades. Well, they do have Bichoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back