• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA: Proving They Know Absolutely Nothing About Continuity

See this is TNA's Problem,they are not doing anything New.
New, you say? Just what exactly is old? Have Rob Van Dam and Sting feuded elsewhere? Is Jay Lethal doing wrong by imitating himself? Is the X Division that bad of a Cruiserweight rip-off? Just what else "new" do you want professional wrestling to explore? The moon?

All they are doing is taking Names from WWE,WCW,and ECW that people know and trying to Recreate History by making it their own.
Ah, yes. How stupid of TNA to use experienced talent when they have such a huge variety of young upstarts waiting for their shot at TNA's development territory. How stupid of TNA to use their talent in a form proven to be efficient in the past. Because TNA is in such a great position to take risks.

Hey Dixie incase you haven't figured it out by now ITS NOT WORKING U SUCK.

All caps. Evil.

Wow. People are on here arguing that TNA doesn't pay attention to continuity and then aren't paying attention themselves.

First, someone said Tommy never got a clean win over Raven.

Ummmm Ravens last match in ECW before going to WCW was a one on one match in which Tommy finally beat him.

Then people are complaining about them being on the same side. As already mentioned, the invasion storyline had them on the same side in WWE.

But you can go even further back. You want continuity in ECW? well i seem to remember that everyone in WCW was told if they don't want to work there they were free to leave at one point. And Raven took them up on the offer and headed straight back to ECW.....and what did he do the night he returned? He HELPED Tommy Dreamer to win the tag team titles with him! And they were the champs for quite some time.

So this is hardly the first time they were on the same side.

Case Closed.

You know what I actually laughed at about the entire thing?

Stevie Richards and Raven are actually TNA superstars. Why on Earth is it big news that they're backstage? They going to tell us Rhino is? How about Taz? The Dudey's? Mick Foley? Rob Van Dam?

You can speculate all the ins and outs about whether or not this will lead to an ECW stable, and how stupid it is to have Raven and Dreamer be BFFs...but to claim the stable will have Raven/Richards because they're backstage WHEN THEY WORK FOR THE COMPANY is just stupid.

New, you say? Just what exactly is old? Have Rob Van Dam and Sting feuded elsewhere? Is Jay Lethal doing wrong by imitating himself? Is the X Division that bad of a Cruiserweight rip-off? Just what else "new" do you want professional wrestling to explore? The moon?

Ah, yes. How stupid of TNA to use experienced talent when they have such a huge variety of young upstarts waiting for their shot at TNA's development territory. How stupid of TNA to use their talent in a form proven to be efficient in the past. Because TNA is in such a great position to take risks.

All caps. Evil.

Did I say the X-Division was a Cruiserweight Rip-off? No. Did I say RVD/Sting have never Feuded elsewhere before? No. All I was saying was that TNA doing another ECW Invasion has been done before. Plus I wouldn't put it past the realm of possiblity for TNA to explore The Moon knowing TNA. They seem to be stuck on the Moon most of the time anyway which is why they will never be able to compete with WWE.

Did I say the X-Division was a Cruiserweight Rip-off? No. Did I say RVD/Sting have never Feuded elsewhere before? No. All I was saying was that TNA doing another ECW Invasion has been done before. Plus I wouldn't put it past the realm of possiblity for TNA to explore The Moon knowing TNA. They seem to be stuck on the Moon most of the time anyway which is why they will never be able to compete with WWE.

Do you know how to make sense? Serious question.

The argument about continuity is rather pointless, Raven and Dreamer feuded years ago. I mean Austin sided with McMahon in early 2001 and they'd feuded a year before that. This really is a situation where people are trying to make a problem where there isn't one.

Who cares? TNA doesn't care about the past. They're putting them together strictly for the fact that they are ECW originals. The fans would eat it up...maybe chant E-C-Dub and whatnot...Since when has any wrestling promotion cared about the past that much? Two wrestlers (one face, one heel) can be feuding...once one of them turns, the next week they are teaming together and are best friends (i.e. CM Punk and John Morrison from May of 2009).

I don't agree, it's pro-wrestling and this stuff happens all the time. Shawn Michaels and HHH were trying to kill each other from 2002 to 2004 yet a year or so later they'd kissed and made up - it doesn't matter. Add in the fact that the feud you're talking about happened years ago in a promotion that is dead and it becomes irrelevant to most viewers I would think.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off at you when they dont go with the "team" idea and make Raven/Tommy enemies again.

Then you can screw off back to Old School and stop posting here.

How about this.... I'll go to posting wherever I see fit, and you can continue to spam threads, and get banned in a week. Sound good to you?

To those that argue this happens all the time in wrestling, yes, I agreed to that. There's even one of you that felt the need to remind me this happened in 1999, even though I addressed the issue. Again, the argument that Dreamer beat Raven is moot, considering the only reason Dreamer got the win was because Raven was leaving. There was no other reason as to why Dreamer would have gotten the win over Raven. As for their 1999 unity, again, it was touched on. This was a point in ECW's booking where creative was absolutely bankrupt, and the writing was overall pretty rushed and convoluted. Plus, they needed to get the belts off the Dudleys, who would be leaving for the WWE.

The issue here isn't that Raven and Dreamer are teaming together, as much as there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. At least when Kane and Taker, Shawn and HHH, whoever you want to use, reunited, there was actually valid reasoning behind it. The point being, I don't see a valid reason, other than to lure ECW fans to their broadcasts. Yes, it's early, and I won't use spoilers now, but there's a lack of a legitimate reason for these two men to come together. The will to tae over TNA? Seems doubtful, unless they bring in Paul Heyman. Attack the Dudleys? It's a case of TNA not caring for the past. At least when Taer and and feud, or reunite, their past is at least mentioned. Here, you have the case of Raven's entire career in ECW debuting as the man that wants vengeance on Tommy Dreamer. They were childhood rivals, and now they're going to be captains to a stable, with no rhyme or reason.

I stand behind my belief that it makes no sense whatsoever.

Ah, Lee.... You make a great point. It really shouldn't be news that Raven and Stevie came to work. But the news is out there. So why not speculate a little?

But here's the problem, HHH (Sorry, it's easier to write than Mitch Hennessey. I'm going by your old name). The trip down memory lane, at least a rightful one, includes both of these men killing one another[/I, not being biffles for liffles. I saw JMT viewing this thread, and kinda wished he'd give a post, because he can attest that ECW fans have one thing that makes them so famous; they have a memory for the old, and thus, you have continuity to take into account. I don't know if you remember this HHH, but there was a time when Raven and Hak (Sandman) formed a stable in WCW, which was universally shit on. It wasn't that the stables had bad workers who couldn't get over; it was that ECW fans remembered it was only three years ago that one of these men literally crucified the other. Thus, it was royally boo'ed, flopped, and remembered as one of the worst stints in both men's careers.

The WWE tried the same thing, and it was universally regarded as a failure. The thing about nostalgia is, it's good in doses. Maybe for a match or two, or in the WWE's case, a Pay Per View. However, when it comes to angles and storylines, nostalgia is probably the worst thing to base it off, because it creates plotholes for those who have the nostalgic memories, and doesn't allow them to suspend their disbelief, ultimately my main point.

Okay Tenta. I get what you're what saying, and I see where you're coming from, so I'm going to ask you a question......don't you think this stable would be success if all of the members were heels? Do you remember the Two-Man Power Trip? I'm of course talking about the union formed between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H. These two became a tag team( and they were also tag team champs by the way) after coming of a very personal and intense feud. Austin and Triple H hated each other, and not too long after the feud was over, they were tag team partners. Now I know WWF/Vince had Austin turn on Triple H, but I think a lot of that had to with HHH's torn quad. Who knows how far this union could've went if Triple H had never been injured?

So what I'm trying to say is, maybe just maybe if this is done the heel way, then the crowd will have a reason to hate them. What do you think, Tenta?

Why are they even making an ECW stable, I get it's to usher in Paul Heyman etc. but honestly these guys are passed their prime and not relevant for a company that seriously needs to boost their product. Dreamer jobbed in the WWE for years, had Rocky Balboa style ECW title reign and then went back to jobbing. Raven hasn't been significant in TNA (or wrestling in general) since his NWA/TNA title reign years ago. As for Steve Richards... let's face it I really don't think we have too many Steve Richards marks so nuff said lol...
Hell if they threw Rhino into the equation it wouldn't even help, they guy hasn't done shit since his TNA title reign so I really think this idea is going to amount to nothing.

They were all great in ECW but damn, it's been 11-12 years... This will not bring in ratings or a new group of fans.

How about this.... I'll go to posting wherever I see fit, and you can continue to spam threads, and get banned in a week. Sound good to you?
Never mind the prick.

To those that argue this happens all the time in wrestling, yes, I agreed to that. There's even one of you that felt the need to remind me this happened in 1999, even though I addressed the issue. Again, the argument that Dreamer beat Raven is moot, considering the only reason Dreamer got the win was because Raven was leaving. There was no other reason as to why Dreamer would have gotten the win over Raven. As for their 1999 unity, again, it was touched on. This was a point in ECW's booking where creative was absolutely bankrupt, and the writing was overall pretty rushed and convoluted. Plus, they needed to get the belts off the Dudleys, who would be leaving for the WWE.

The issue here isn't that Raven and Dreamer are teaming together, as much as there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. At least when Kane and Taker, Shawn and HHH, whoever you want to use, reunited, there was actually valid reasoning behind it. The point being, I don't see a valid reason, other than to lure ECW fans to their broadcasts. Yes, it's early, and I won't use spoilers now, but there's a lack of a legitimate reason for these two men to come together. The will to tae over TNA? Seems doubtful, unless they bring in Paul Heyman. Attack the Dudleys? It's a case of TNA not caring for the past. At least when Taer and and feud, or reunite, their past is at least mentioned. Here, you have the case of Raven's entire career in ECW debuting as the man that wants vengeance on Tommy Dreamer. They were childhood rivals, and now they're going to be captains to a stable, with no rhyme or reason.
Well ignoring the fact that they have yet to interact, I would assume there will be a driving force to bring them together. A leader. It could be Mick Foley who has been mentioned to return soon. Hell, Dreamer himself may go out to Raven and ask him. What I believe is that there will be a "We will be denied no longer" deal here with the two sick how their companies have treated them. WWECW for Dreamer and TNA for Raven. For all we know this may include TNA Champion Rob Van Dam himself. In which case may make this angle extremely interesting. The idea of having these ECW guys try to overtake the company seems like a 50/50. Half of it is to reach to the ECW fans and the other half to spice up the main event with a stable. This IF Rob Van Dam is included and effectively turned heel. The idea seems highly unlikely due to how popular he is, but seeing the lack of heels, it can be done.
It can. You gotta think outside the box. DBZ makes less sense. Why would Piccolo and Vegeta join Goku after trying to kill each other? If you watched the cartoon then you'd know you were literally forced to ignore their planet-destroying, murderous grudges.

Ah, Lee.... You make a great point. It really shouldn't be news that Raven and Stevie came to work. But the news is out there. So why not speculate a little?
I often believe monkeys run the main page. The same ones that filmed the Danielson/Roberts massacre.

Meh, not really a big deal for me. ECW was like, 10 years ago. Surely a lot of fans have forgotten about it/never heard of it and the rest probably don't even care. At least that's what I'm assuming TNA's thought process if on this one. Can't really blame them as it definetly works in a way.

I get that it's sort of strange to ignore the past between wrestlers when you're building a storlyine around their past company, but it's pro wrestling. It usually doesn't make sense. Besdies, TNA has done worse as far as continuity goes, I'm sure of it.

This is all, of course, if this stable ever happens. Who knows if it will.

The issue here isn't that Raven and Dreamer are teaming together, as much as there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. At least when Kane and Taker, Shawn and HHH, whoever you want to use, reunited, there was actually valid reasoning behind it. The point being, I don't see a valid reason, other than to lure ECW fans to their broadcasts.

The WWE did the same thing when they brought the Radicalz in from WCW. Saturn, Benoit, and Malenko being together made sense but Eddie Guerrero had never been aligned with any of them and had actually had multiple feuds with Dean Malenko in ECW and WCW. He was there for no other reason other then the fact that he was one of the former WCW guys that was being brought in. Like I said in an earlier post it happens all the time and isn't really that big of deal. Especially considering their ECW feud was over 10 years ago and they haven't even had a match since 2003.

You know I have nothing against Raven,usually liked him WWE,WCW,and ECW but everyone makes him out to the be the Greatest Wrestler in the World. Why is that exactly? I mean he is Decent but I wouldn't consider him all that great really. He is really only good in Hardcore Matches to me anyway.

I think one main point got missed. This is the last hurrah. Neither Raven nor Dreamer believe they have any shot of getting back into the WWE with an on screen role. The rest of the ECW guys are old as well and might not be around much longer. This may be the very last time ECW is represented in a televised wrestling federation. Why wouldn't Dreamer and Raven put aside their differences in that type of situation when they put aside their differences for lesser causes in the past? If you look at it that way Heyman's involvement doesn't matter.

ECW fans should accept it because they may never see anything like it again. We may have just gotten our last glimpse of the NWO. I didn't shit on it like everyone else. On the 1/4 Impact I saw Hogan, Hall, Nash, Syxx, and Bischoff in the same ring with Sting watching on from the rafters. That gave me goosebumps like you wouldn't believe. Now ECW fans get a chance for some of those moments. They're gonna take advantage of it like I did and take the chance to say goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back