• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ECW Invasion Dreamer, Raven, Richards & More!

None of those ECW guys will boost ratings. RVD and Mick Foley are the only legit stars from ECW that TNA has and they haven't done much for ratings. All this will do is set TNA back yet again.

How is it setting them back? Explain yourself, because what you've said there hasn't made any sense. Are you implying that the ECW guys will cause TNA's ratings to drop?

I believe it will set them back I believe if there is no invasion or even a decent angle besides this "one night" it is wack. The past episode of Impact really made the ECW originals look like fucking ******. I was very disapointed and ahhhhhhh I think there is no hope for TNA they have pretty much tried everything at this point. What is next?

I believe it will set them back I believe if there is no invasion or even a decent angle besides this "one night" it is wack. The past episode of Impact really made the ECW originals look like fucking ******. I was very disapointed and ahhhhhhh I think there is no hope for TNA they have pretty much tried everything at this point. What is next?

They cut a promo. And this made them look like "******", how exactly?

Anyway, I'm glad that, as usual, I was right. This isn't an invasion angle it's ECW meets TNA not ECW vs. TNA and that makes it all the more enjoyable. We'll get to see some fun hardcore matches and the guys in TNA will get to work with some experienced wrestlers. Good times ahead.

They cut a promo. And this made them look like "******", how exactly?

Anyway, I'm glad that, as usual, I was right. This isn't an invasion angle it's ECW meets TNA not ECW vs. TNA and that makes it all the more enjoyable. We'll get to see some fun hardcore matches and the guys in TNA will get to work with some experienced wrestlers. Good times ahead.

I don't know if you noticed the guys in tna are experienced wrestlers. They can work with each other. I just don't see why this is happening. People are right, this brings nothing to the table for the promotion or it's fans. As far as for the talent in tna, what does it say to a guy like AJ or Joe to see them bringing in outside talent to main event their PPV ala Jerry Lynn. What does it say to guys like eric young or any other wrestlers that can't even get on televison most weeks? I tell you what it says, it says that they could give a damn if you bring it every night these guys are better and they mean just as much or even more. Shame

First of all, i have to say that i never was a big fan of the Hardcore side of ECW. I always thought that hardcore wrestling was for wrestlers that weren'T able to learn how to wrestle but are great at getting it hit with objects.

Having said that, the one thing at i have to say that the original ECW had great matches but it's time to move on already. The Original ECW died 9 years ago. THey already had 2 farewell show on WWE PPV. THE ECW original were able to have their Wrestlemania moment and make Fans remember what ECW was all about. They got 3 successful compilations DVD and even if all of that was a couple of years ago and ECW as been reduce to crap by Vince McMahon, I Think Having yet another ECW reunion show is stupid and pointless and in the long run will not help TNA at all, has a matter of fact it might even hurt them if they don'T stop using the ECW name, and who still wants to see a bunch of guys that their claim to fame was that they could beat the living hell out of each other.

Sure sometime ECW had classic match-up like RVD vs Jerry Lynn but that wasn't they were the exception to the rule.

ECW is dead, it's been dead for 9 years, so for the handful of fans and the wrestlers that are still hanging on to the memory of the old ECW, it's time to move on. Nobody cares about ECW anymore and having a reunion show in TNA is a bad idea. The promo from last thursday pluging this reunion show was so boring that even the fans in the IMPACT zone were falling asleep. Sure they did cheered on cue but since it's always the same peoples showing up at those taping, all you have to say is TNA is the best company in the world and they will react.

TNA as been in a downspin for a while now and this ECW thing isn'T going to make thing any better. I'm tired of them trying to find a quick fix for their problems. Stop trying to find a quick fix and focus on what you got right now. ECW isn't going to help you, Hogan isn'T going to help you, Unless you great your own identity and stop listening the the IWC, TNA never be successful and the nostalgia stuff while someday killed them.

And one extra point.

If an ECW angle spikes TNA's ratings - what does that say about the current TNA booking? If bringing back guys that were barely relevant 10 years ago can get better buys than your current product (baring in mind that WWE have resurrected ECW before) what does it say about the current product?

Jesus christ u asshole did u watch the show. The fans fucking wanted it. There the best everyone wants to see the ecw people wrestle. Plus it was a good storyline.

U wouldnt no because u probably watch wwe where the shit doesnt make sence and its just a load of crap. Dreamer was getting emotional you no how much that would piss you off if someone just took over the company you work for, made it shit. He even said it drove him to leave.

Just leave them alone and it has nothing to do with tnas wrestling now because noone expected this so everyone wants it. and it will be a ratings booster.

Plus youve got a former wwf/wwe wrestler as your picture and your on tna forums. Shows how much you no. ******

None of those ECW guys will boost ratings. RVD and Mick Foley are the only legit stars from ECW that TNA has and they haven't done much for ratings. All this will do is set TNA back yet again.

wont boost ratings aye asshole. The fans went fucking crazy. this will be the best. you musnt have watched much original ecw cause it was the best. you negative peices of crap just piss me off. I trust these guys to do a good job so just piss off.

wont boost ratings aye asshole. The fans went fucking crazy. this will be the best. you musnt have watched much original ecw cause it was the best. you negative peices of crap just piss me off. I trust these guys to do a good job so just piss off.

Don't want to piss you off or anything but let's face the facts here.

Outside of the fans of in the Impact Zone, who by the way are for the most part the same peoples for pretty much every show, and some reminence of the ECW hardcore fanbase, who cares about them enough to have to promotion stop everything they are doing to give the ECW originals yet anothers reunion show.

Sure for a small group of fans in the late 90's, ECW was the best, i for one love some of the wrestling matches they had back then, my big problem with them and that probably one of the reason they went bankkrupt was the excessive violence. For every good wrestlers like RVD, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm, you had guys that could wrestle at all like New JAck and The Sandman but were good in hitting people with objects. Hardcore wrestling as always been in my opinion just a poor excuse for guys who could go to wrestling school and learn how to wrestles but were good in bumping like crazy.

An ECW reunion show right now is pointless, nobody cares outside the IWC and the IMPACT zone fans who will pretty much believe anything that's coming out of Dixie or anybody else's mouth. The Dixie Carter/ECW promo last thursday was so boring, i was hoping bischoff or hogan comes back and try to makes it interesting and i hate these 2 guys.

For me, ECW had it farewell Tour from 2005 until the ECW won at wrestlemania, that for me was the farewell tour of ECW and it gave me closure on the fact that ECW as i knew was dead and buried. I don'T need to see them back for 3 weeks and be reminded again how good these guys once were.

When even Paul Heyman don't want anything to do with this, that's tell me that it was a bad idea, ECW went bankrupt 9 years ago. For those fans that's still want to see ECW in their glory days, either watch them on youtube or another video service or buys the WWE produce DVD's about ECW but for god sake, can we just move on and let ECW dead and buried and rememder it for what it was instead of always bringing it back a shell of it former self

By the way, if your expecting seeing this ECW thing after the PPV, don'T bet on it, First i don't think that what Dixie said was true at all and that the fans demanded it. Which fan did she ask, the fan in the impact zone? The people on her Twitter page? Who exactly wanted this to happen. Will it help TNA in the long run? probably not, in a way it might even hurt them if they promote it as an ECW show. Will these guys be on TV after the PPV? probably not. Will it get more wrestling fan to buy the PPV or find an illegal stream? I don't Think so. And the biggest question of them all, Will TNA found a way to screw this up? Probably Yes.

So i'm all for nostalgia angles and this is probably the most overplayed one of them all but enough is enough, In the history books of pro wrestling, ECW will always be a small paragraph. The only thing good ECW was good for was to give idea's to WWE and create stars that WCW could steal while getting money from Vince McMahon because they didn'T have enough money to survive. So yes ECW was great at one time and it did deserve the great farewell they had four years ago in WWE but know nobody else cares anymore outside the sheeps in the IMPACT Zone and probably some Hardcore ECW fans that just don'T want to realize that ECW dead and buried and the more you do reunion shows, the more you tarnish the reputation of ECW

And one extra point.

If an ECW angle spikes TNA's ratings - what does that say about the current TNA booking? If bringing back guys that were barely relevant 10 years ago can get better buys than your current product (baring in mind that WWE have resurrected ECW before) what does it say about the current product?

Idiot. The whole plan from day 1 is to make money and expand your audience. They have a foundation and now that have to make the adjustments and tweaks to build their audience. Production, talent signings, and a few other things will allow this to happen. The current TNA product and the ECW thing should be seen as TNA and not to separate things. BTW what does that say about WWE fans when their product gets so bad and you and everyone else continue to watch?

Don't want to piss you off or anything but let's face the facts here.

At least you make it clear from the beginning this is another one of those my opinions are "the facts" posts.

Outside of the fans of in the Impact Zone, who by the way are for the most part the same peoples for pretty much every show, and some reminence of the ECW hardcore fanbase, who cares about them enough to have to promotion stop everything they are doing to give the ECW originals yet anothers reunion show.

Are you really saying that impact fans are interested, former ecw fans are interested, yet this is a bad thing? Why because my 13 year-old cousin who joined the wwe flockers does not care all of a sudden this is a bad thing? If the fanbase is interested and people who may be outside the fanbase are interested then what exactly are they doing wrong?

Sure for a small group of fans in the late 90's, ECW was the best, i for one love some of the wrestling matches they had back then, my big problem with them and that probably one of the reason they went bankkrupt was the excessive violence. For every good wrestlers like RVD, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm, you had guys that could wrestle at all like New JAck and The Sandman but were good in hitting people with objects. Hardcore wrestling as always been in my opinion just a poor excuse for guys who could go to wrestling school and learn how to wrestles but were good in bumping like crazy.

ECW was so much more than violence. Did they have some violent matches? Yes. Did they have more than their fair share of them? Yes. Is that the only thing that drove ECW? Hell to the No. Did all the hardcore stuff WWE did cause such a problem for you back then? They definitely jumped on that bandwagon and Foley's utter disregard for his personal well-being played huge in WWE.

For me, ECW had it farewell Tour from 2005 until the ECW won at wrestlemania, that for me was the farewell tour of ECW and it gave me closure on the fact that ECW as i knew was dead and buried. I don'T need to see them back for 3 weeks and be reminded again how good these guys once were.

That is great. Do not watch. But just because you feel this way does not mean everyone does. It is pretty clear some people who were involved with ECW do not feel this way still, it is pretty clear some fans do not feel this way. It is hard to say WWECW did not leave a bitter taste in most ECW fans mouths. This is not about being as good as the original ECW. It is about paying tribute to the true ECW spirit that had been dragged through the mud recently.

At least you make it clear from the beginning this is another one of those my opinions are "the facts" posts.

Are you really saying that impact fans are interested, former ecw fans are interested, yet this is a bad thing? Why because my 13 year-old cousin who joined the wwe flockers does not care all of a sudden this is a bad thing? If the fanbase is interested and people who may be outside the fanbase are interested then what exactly are they doing wrong?

ECW was so much more than violence. Did they have some violent matches? Yes. Did they have more than their fair share of them? Yes. Is that the only thing that drove ECW? Hell to the No. Did all the hardcore stuff WWE did cause such a problem for you back then? They definitely jumped on that bandwagon and Foley's utter disregard for his personal well-being played huge in WWE.

That is great. Do not watch. But just because you feel this way does not mean everyone does. It is pretty clear some people who were involved with ECW do not feel this way still, it is pretty clear some fans do not feel this way. It is hard to say WWECW did not leave a bitter taste in most ECW fans mouths. This is not about being as good as the original ECW. It is about paying tribute to the true ECW spirit that had been dragged through the mud recently.

I just want to ask you a couple question on this subject since it seem like your going to represent the fans of this angle.

What good will this bring TNA to have a bunch ECW guys wrestling on PPV?

Also, Will this actually bring a new audience to TNA?

Finally, While it's to pay hommage to the old ECW, outside of those sheeps at the IMPACT Zone, who will care enough about the OLD ECW to pay 40,00$ to see them one last time?

This angle doesn't help TNA in the long run because it's a 3 week angle then it'S back to normal for them and even if by some chance they are able to get more people watching for one night, history show us that they are not able to keep them. TNA need to find is identity, not steal one from another company. In the past year alone they've been WCW,WWE and ECW, so how about being TNA for a while instead of always bringing has-been talent that nobody cares enough about to tune in every week. This ECW angle is as lame as when they brought in Hogan at the beginning of the year. It will spike ratings for a week or 2 and then will fall flat on his back just like every other quick fix solution they had before.

I just want to ask you a couple question on this subject since it seem like your going to represent the fans of this angle.

Finally, While it's to pay hommage to the old ECW, outside of those sheeps at the IMPACT Zone, who will care enough about the OLD ECW to pay 40,00$ to see them one last time?

This angle doesn't help TNA in the long run because it's a 3 week angle then it'S back to normal for them and even if by some chance they are able to get more people watching for one night, history show us that they are not able to keep them. TNA need to find is identity, not steal one from another company. In the past year alone they've been WCW,WWE and ECW, so how about being TNA for a while instead of always bringing has-been talent that nobody cares enough about to tune in every week. This ECW angle is as lame as when they brought in Hogan at the beginning of the year. It will spike ratings for a week or 2 and then will fall flat on his back just like every other quick fix solution they had before.

Bob Ryder posted the following about the Hardcore Justice VIP weekend on his Twitter. The VIP package is the only way to guarantee a seat for the PPV. The Hard Justice VIP weekend just got a lot more interesting! Look for a Hardcore Reunion at the Saturday night party! So far, fans from the UK, Australia, MA, DE, MD, MS, TX, CA, MI, NC, NY, KY, PA, VA, ME, and FL have signed up for HardCORE Justice VIP wknd

So fans from 16 different places are making the trip and buying a 100 dollar package ( only way to get in ) to see this PPV. Now the people that don't get to go will then turn around and spend less then half a ticket to watch on PPV. Just let it go. The same complaints get so fucking old. 75 percent of you complainers don't even watch the fucking show and then base your opinions off of WWE fans who for some reason enjoy a different type of everything.

I will answer the questions since no one ever answers mine.

TNA PPVs do not seem to do too well. They are thinking this concept might be able to draw a better buy rate than average. Since everyone likes to claim TNA is desperate for money, how is making more if it a bad thing? The card has not been released yet or anything and we already know at least one current TNA star will be on the card, he happens to be the WHC.

B]While it's to pay hommage to the old ECW, outside of those sheeps at the IMPACT Zone, who will care enough about the OLD ECW to pay 40,00$ to see them one last time?[/B]

Gee, I don't know maybe fans of the original ECW. Crowds still chant ECW this long after the fact and you want me to believe no one remembers and is interested in this event? Do not make the mistake of thinking the impact zone is the only place ECW chants still pop up. Stevie Richards got a big ECW chant at lockdown 2009 in philly among other examples. Believe it or not people still care about even the most "irrelevant" of these ECW peeps.

The short answer is who knows? I know you being a direct descendant of nostradamus have told us what will happen (btw can you post some stock tips so I can get rich fast). But in reality it will be interesting to see what happens. I do not see the harm in trying. It is no secret that TNA is targeting fans of a description that would seem to apply to former ECW fans: slightly older wrestling fans that enjoyed the edgy nature of the attitude era.

So why not try and make a little extra money attempting to tap into the fanbase you desire? Seems like good business to me.

So what you are saying is TNA should just do nothing because everything they do is doomed to fail? I assume you wish they would just go out of business already (if you do not then you have a strange way of showing it) but there does not seem to be much evidence for that happening. Can you at least make up your mind if they are stealing an "identity" or wasting their time because everything will be the same in three weeks (once again I would like to know your sources for future insight)? If no one cares to watch these guys then why do you expect the ratings to spike for a few weeks? You are contradicting yourself too much to make sense here.

O.k., so i admit, i wasn'T really clear about what i was saying on my last thread, and i do want to see TNA to survive but i want to see TNA survive with their own identity. I want to see them to take a chance an actually do something creative with their own guys and if it fail, it fail and if it a success then good for them.

I'm just tired of seeing TNA hiding behind the quick fix angle hoping that it stick and they get new fans to stay and watch the product. That all i'm saying.

This ECW thing is useless unless and sad and if it does better buyrates then a normal TNA PPV, that just prove how much TNA sucks when a PPV with Non-TNA wrestlers draws a better buyrates then most of the TNA PPV if not all of them.

I've read the latest columns of Lance Storm, and he had a great idea to turn this PPV around a make TNA look strongers coming out of this PPV and i've got to say, if TNA was to use this idea, it would probably make TNA interesting again.

Here The link to the Lance Storm Columns: http://www.stormwrestling.com/072610.html

Like i said before, i just want what's best for TNA, i want them to succeed and not yet another tragic story because they actually got a lot of good talent on the roster but booking an ECW show isn't the way just like bringing in Hogan and Bischoff wasn'T the way, they are just quick fix solution to a problem that TNA hasn't been able to resolve for a long time and unless somebody tell them that using quick fix solution all the time won't help them getting new fans, they will always flounders in the ratings and the buyrates and might end up like the companies they like to imitate (ECW,WCW) and go bankrupt.

P.S.: By the way, i just found out that when Dixie said that the fans wanted the ECW guys to comeback, she was talking about a poll that TNA took in Philadelphia. Sure those guys would want ECW back, it was the home base of ECW, i'm sure if they took the same poll in Los Angeles, to results would have been different.

O.k., so i admit, i wasn'T really clear about what i was saying on my last thread, and i do want to see TNA to survive but i want to see TNA survive with their own identity. I want to see them to take a chance an actually do something creative with their own guys and if it fail, it fail and if it a success then good for them.

I'm just tired of seeing TNA hiding behind the quick fix angle hoping that it stick and they get new fans to stay and watch the product. That all i'm saying.

This ECW thing is useless unless and sad and if it does better buyrates then a normal TNA PPV, that just prove how much TNA sucks when a PPV with Non-TNA wrestlers draws a better buyrates then most of the TNA PPV if not all of them.

I've read the latest columns of Lance Storm, and he had a great idea to turn this PPV around a make TNA look strongers coming out of this PPV and i've got to say, if TNA was to use this idea, it would probably make TNA interesting again.

Here The link to the Lance Storm Columns: http://www.stormwrestling.com/072610.html

Like i said before, i just want what's best for TNA, i want them to succeed and not yet another tragic story because they actually got a lot of good talent on the roster but booking an ECW show isn't the way just like bringing in Hogan and Bischoff wasn'T the way, they are just quick fix solution to a problem that TNA hasn't been able to resolve for a long time and unless somebody tell them that using quick fix solution all the time won't help them getting new fans, they will always flounders in the ratings and the buyrates and might end up like the companies they like to imitate (ECW,WCW) and go bankrupt.

P.S.: By the way, i just found out that when Dixie said that the fans wanted the ECW guys to comeback, she was talking about a poll that TNA took in Philadelphia. Sure those guys would want ECW back, it was the home base of ECW, i'm sure if they took the same poll in Los Angeles, to results would have been different.

How do you know something like that isn't going to happen? That is where we are getting at with shitting on something before the product is given to you. Also that poll you are talking about was reported by sites like this without any merit behind it.

How do you know something like that isn't going to happen? That is where we are getting at with shitting on something before the product is given to you. Also that poll you are talking about was reported by sites like this without any merit behind it.

i don't, but that's the fun part about it is that nobody knows about it, i just hope that they don't do i reunion show without thinking about the future of TNA like it seem to going towards.

Quick fix never help to fix a problem, it's just like putting a band-aid on it and hoping the problem will be gone when you pull the band-aid off. This ECW reunion show, if not book to benefit TNA by showcasing the TNA wrestlers in some shape of form, while not a help TNA, is just going to show that many of the fans would rather watch old ECW guys then any of the current stars of TNA and that doesn'T help those TNA guys.

That's why i gave the link to the Lance storm columns because i thought it was a very interesting idea to help TNA out of a jam they've put themselves into and i really hope that something of that nature comes out of the PPV because if you get a big audience for the reunion show and they don'T showcase they're own talent in some way, shape or form, those new fans won'T stick around when the ECW originals leaves.

TNA need to think was good for the future of the company and thinking week to week like they are doing right now. I hope this ECW reunion show will help the TNA Rosters but after reading the spoilers for this week IMPACT i have might doubts about it.

From Stormwrestling.com:

I’ve got a few TNA topics I want to discuss, and uncharacteristically for me this won’t even be a burial. The first piece of business I’ve already addressed in my NEWS section but in case you missed it I turned down the offer to be a part of the TNA, “ECW Themed” PPV.

There aren’t any more details I can offer you. Many people wanted to know what they offered financially and creatively but to be honest it never got that far and if it had that wouldn’t have been any of your business anyway. I was asked if I would like to be a part of the show, and I said thanks for the offer but no thank you. My love the guys from my ECW days, and my respect for those on the TNA roster aside, I just have zero interest in being a part of anything even remotely associated with Vince Russo.

That all being said I do have a creative direction I’d like to offer up for this TNA / ECW PPV to counter balance all of the people who are bashing TNA for dropping the Invasion theme concept and making this a reunion style show. I have no idea if people in TNA have thought of this or not, and if not feel free to use it.

Many people I often agree with are burying turning this into a nostalgia type show complaining that it has been proven that there are no legs to this type of show and at least if this was an Invasion Angle they could put there TNA guys over to move forward once the ECW guys run their course. While I agree with them for the most part I think my idea is a case of getting the best of both worlds with even a few extra advantages on top of that.

In my opinion an Invading force is generally viewed as the cooler faction. Anti-establishment has always had more of an edge to it, and new faces (even old ones we haven’t seen in a while) are always more exciting than the ones we’ve been seeing every week for years. Because of that doing the ECW Invasion sets the ECW guys up as the “cooler” group more in the baby face role. That is obviously a bad idea long term for TNA because, lets face it, all of us ECW guys are old and TNA needs to push younger guys and move forward.

By “inviting” ECW to the show and giving them their own PPV, they have removed the “outsider” feel to the ECW guys, which does to an effect make them a little less cool, but I think that is okay because the PPV has become a nostalgia show, which should do good (by TNA standards) business with out any angles or current coolness needed. If they completely remove the TNA rooster from the PPV it can be sold as a reunion show and over the next few weeks of television they can just promote the guys who will be appearing on the show and start hinting at the fact the TNA guys are upset with Dixie of bringing these guys in and giving their PPV spots to them.

With this established it opens the door for the TNA guys to Invade the ECW show, and restart the conflict that had everyone excited 4 weeks previously when they first thought there was going to be an ECW Invasion. This gets TNA right back where they started but with 2 very important added benefits. They got the one extra PPV bump (assumingly) out of the reunion show, and now with the TNA guys being the “Invaders”, the guys who attacked ECW they come off as the cooler anti establishment guys. The young TNA guys are going against Dixie Carter’s wishes trying to take back their own show.

I could see people really getting behind guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, MCMGs, Beer Money, etc if they unite to Mutiny against Dixie Carter and the way she has been running TNA. You could even have the older former WCW/WWE guys unite to support her (wanting to protect their pay cheques) and you are left with a TNA rebellion with the guys who should be the company’s future as the cool rebels (baby faces) who are sick of Dixie Carter and how she has been running TNA, facing her older empire of former (WCW/WWE/ECW) stars.

To me this angle has legs, with the cooler, younger, TNA faction saying they have been here all along busting their ass and Dixie Carter has over looked them always looking for the quick fix by bringing in other stars; she tried it with WCW stars, then WWE stars, and now ECW stars, and enough is enough. They are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. They can basically shoot on her pointing out that bringing in all these guys from the past has accomplished nothing and TNA was cooler in the beginning when they first put it on the map with the X-Division over 5 years ago.

TNA can then do the “Invasion” style PPV with TNA vs. ECW, with TNA in the baby face role and when the angle runs its course you can put the baby faces over and have the younger TNA guys the victors, winning the rebellion, standing tall, and reclaiming “Their TNA”. You could even use this point to “restart” the company with a new creative direction, by having the TNA guys threatening to mutiny and walk (Our TNA or No TNA) leaving Dixie with nothing if she doesn’t step down as head of TNA and name “fill in the blank” as the new boss.

I don’t know who you can name as the “official” Head of TNA from that point forward, because it can’t be anyone formerly associated with ECW, WCW, or WWE, because they just finished ousting all the non TNA people, but I think they should get away from that character being an active role on the TV anyway. “TNA Management” has been an ever changing, never ending, and confusing storyline in TNA so they should get away from that and put the focus back on the guys in the ring.

That being said I did think of a guy who could come in behind the scenes to run things that I don’t think anyone has thought of before. I know everyone is talking about TNA getting Paul Heyman, but I doubt that is going to happen and to be honest I have no idea if my candidate would be interested in coming in either, but what about John Bradshaw Layfield, as the legit head of TNA?

I know he doesn’t have a proven track record as a booker, but it’s not like TNA’s current booker’s track record is all the impressive either. On the up side however, JBL has a very successful track record as a business man, which is never a bad thing when trying to run a business. John Layfield is a very, let me repeat that very intelligent business man, he has approximately 20 years experience in the wrestling business, and has more of an old school logical wrestling mentality.

Even if he is not a creative booker, I guarantee you if he were in charge we would know who the heels and faces are and more importantly actually dislike the former and like the latter. John has a great understanding of the business and is the kind of strong, won’t take any bullshit from anyone, kind of presence a company needs at the helm. It can’t be about making everyone happy; it’s got to be about getting a few people over as legit stars and making money. John understands that and would be more than happy to step up in anyone’s face that doesn’t understand it and explain it to them. I also believe he is the kind of guy who if he needs help creatively as a booker would be smart enough to find that help and he would pick someone who actually books wrestling, rather than someone who writes supposed scripted entertainment.

That’s my take, and if anyone in TNA likes the idea, they are welcome to it completely free of charge.

Lance Storm

I've always respected Lance Storm and I've always found he has a great mind for wrestling, and after reading this article today on his website I have to admit that this is the ONLY way I'd even have any interest in this angle for TNA and the ONLY way I can see it possibly being a success in any way. At least TNA would gain something from it this way, and I really like the idea of TNA's rebellion against Dixie and ECW, etc.

What are your thoughts on Lance Storms' idea?

From Stormwrestling.com:

I've always respected Lance Storm and I've always found he has a great mind for wrestling, and after reading this article today on his website I have to admit that this is the ONLY way I'd even have any interest in this angle for TNA and the ONLY way I can see it possibly being a success in any way. At least TNA would gain something from it this way, and I really like the idea of TNA's rebellion against Dixie and ECW, etc.

What are your thoughts on Lance Storms' idea?

Well fuck me, Lance Storm has been stealing my thoughts. :p

Ever since the ECW guys beat the shit out of Abyss and had the TNA guys come out and confront them I'd thought of this happening. I think it'd be great to have ECW run their reunion show only for the TNA crew to attack them and cause a feud between Hogan, Bischoff, Dixie and the "older" ECW vets and Jarrett, Foley and the TNA originals. This way TNA gets divided into two factions. One group loyal to Jeff Jarrett's original vision for TNA and one group loyal to Hogan and Dixie (ECW + the guys who've been brought in under Hogan's reign).

This is rather spooky reading that though, as not two days ago I was thinking about whether TNA would have their roster invade the ECW reunion after being put on the shelf, in favour of what some view as "washed up" wrestlers. Hope this is the direction it ends up going in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back