• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ECW Invasion Dreamer, Raven, Richards & More!

To answer your question about recreating ECW, I don't know what to say because from what i seen so far TNA seems to do the same thing WWE did. Remember Survivor Series with Bret VS HBK when Bret Spit at Vinc's face, TNA did the same thing with Kurt spitting at Hogan's face, that didnt pull up the ratings did it??? let me see what else the whole with with Billy Gunn and Road Dogg invaded WWE, question is why is TNA keeps bringing the same storylines as WWE?? As for ECW, I dont see a point of doing a pay per view i mean seriously One Night Stand, is that the best they can come up with. Them guys they got in the company like Rhino, Raven and Stevie been with the company long enough that they ran out of ideas till Tommy Dreamer came back, what do u call that?? waste of talent!!!

You're not gonna find originally in pro wrestling any more. Everything has being done. WWE has taken some things from TNA too, if you wanna say TNA takes WWE storylines. How's Rhino,Raven and Stevie a waste of talent when they're doing somthing right now? It's simple that TNA can't pull ratings because noone knows that they're are out there. If TNA could advertise better that would pull the ratings up.

loll.. all of a sudden i'm 12 and 9 years old, respectively, because I formed an opinion? Aren't they like assholes? So says the 16 year olds I hung out with yesterday. Here, let me just do what you reddannihilation.

Yes, so you're saying "I want this to work, but it won't". Man you really want this to work.

For the sake of watching some good on TV, yeah I want it to work. I listed the reasons why I wouldn't get my hopes up though. What, I can't have an opinion?

the laws of being unbiased? No, it's cool you don't have to give it a chance, but because you're admitting that you refuse to give the angle a chance, then any argument you make against the angle will be invalid.

What, so I can't make an argument, which no matter what way you look at it is an opinion, because i'm unbiased? Awesome. Still trying to figure out when I was unbiased. Again, I stated I like TNA.. can't see the benefit of this angle though.

In Seven's first promo he stood outside a kids window looking in and saying he was coming. He was dropped because Turner thought it could be mis-interpreted (by dumbasses i.e. you) as a child abductor. He never said anything about wanting to rape kids. So that was pretty much your fault for being stupid.

wait wait.. you're saying you've never mis-interpreted anything? Damn you're good. He didn't have to say anything. A grown man looking into windows at little children is wrong. I might've lied, that most likely isn't an opinion.. damn, that's a first.

Sure thing there, you're probably the sort of person who says a movie isn't good without watching it. I do thank you for admitting it though, because now I can write off any argument you make against this angle as being invalid. :thumbsup:

I'm the sort of person who forms an opinion before anything happens.. still go through with it. The thought of a pleasant suprise is intriguing... wow, that O word keeps coming up a lot.

So you know it can only be Ok because you have magic future sight?

No sir, because I have an opinion. I took into consideration the talent that could possibly be involved. ECW wise, it's looking a little bleak.

And you know it will lose steam how?

because I got the 8 ball, like you said.. let me stop. It's an opinion. I don't think this angle has the legs to last a substantial amount of time.. seriously, that's all I was saying.

Are you serious? The Attitude Era writing was terrible?

uhh yeah.. in my opinion, most of it was.

The best part about the Attitude Era was the writing. You didn't watch Steve Austin after his accident for his in-ring work, you watched for the stories.

the writing was the best part.. in your opinion, right? and hey, something's fishy. Were you peeping in my window like Seven? How did you know I watched Stonecold for the stories? I could've sworn I just liked to see him whip some ass.. I must be mistaken.

And again generic "I hate Russo" comment

Where'd I say Vince Russo at? You must have written the post for me, I deleted somethings that made me look bad.

never mind that last years MEM storyline was the best thing in wrestling last year, Russo sux, so sayeth the WWE.

What's that? You had an opinion? Oh, I was too busy quoting you're entire post and being smart ass.

The performers? What suddenly guys like Van Dam, AJ and Angle aren't any good? Okay then. And you know I'd love to write for TNA, just as soon as can drop everything and fly to the US.

I wish you could. What fun. But yeah, I meant considering the performers they can bring in to represent ECW, the writing better be fucking magnificent.. as in make up for the lack of talent.

Again this is dumb, because if you legitmately wanted them to be successful you'd wait until the angle plays out before judging it.

So I should wait it out and hope for the best? Sometimes you have to be realistic my friend. I think you like TNA a lot.

Well aren't you super, maybe you should contact TNA as a creative consultant, take your magic 8 ball with you.

I'll have to make room for the 8 ball.

You've spent the entire thread saying "It's not gonna work" and "I have watched wrestling a lot so I know what angles are good and bad" your mind is closed and you're too dumb to even realise it.

So, in conclusion.. by simply saying "Hey guys, I don't think it'll work and here's why!!!!!!".. i'm closed minded? On the contrary, I believe your dissection of my post and the constant quotes of my opinion makes you closed minded. Obviously we will agree to disagree because this is a TNA Forum and i am a WWE mark.

Thanks for taking the internet so seriously that you actually got pissed off. Douche.

Yeah, I tend get really frustrated at blatant ignorance. It sucks, I don't mean to be so angry.

You're not gonna find originally in pro wrestling any more. Everything has being done. WWE has taken some things from TNA too, if you wanna say TNA takes WWE storylines. How's Rhino,Raven and Stevie a waste of talent when they're doing somthing right now? It's simple that TNA can't pull ratings because noone knows that they're are out there. If TNA could advertise better that would pull the ratings up.

here the point am tryin to make, when was the last time u seen Rhino in the Ring??? I mean like really involve in a storyline recently??? what about Raven, i remember he showed up once then was taken off tv, what about Stevie??? all of the sudden Tommy Dreamer came, they are like ok we got good news we going to put you guys back on tv....So you tellin me the whole time they couldnt find anything good to use these guys in the ring?? The booking of the matches are always a problem when it comes to TNA, when the fans watch the show and see a match that doesnt look right, they probably change the channel till a better match comes on... TNA is out there alright, If fans knows where Hogan was going they turn to TNA...And what happens the more he on tv the more they get tired because they are not giving the guys who been in the company for a long time a spot. the only people i see who on top are Angle, AJ Styles and Joe...Sting becomin too talkative lately, sometimes i wish he stops talkin and wrestle

oh yeah and Jeff Jarrett am glad he doing his best since he the founder of TNA, but as a wrestler, who the last person he reallly had a good match with??

loll.. all of a sudden i'm 12 and 9 years old, respectively, because I formed an opinion? Aren't they like assholes? So says the 16 year olds I hung out with yesterday. Here, let me just do what you reddannihilation.

For the sake of watching some good on TV, yeah I want it to work. I listed the reasons why I wouldn't get my hopes up though. What, I can't have an opinion?

What, so I can't make an argument, which no matter what way you look at it is an opinion, because i'm unbiased? Awesome. Still trying to figure out when I was unbiased. Again, I stated I like TNA.. can't see the benefit of this angle though.

wait wait.. you're saying you've never mis-interpreted anything? Damn you're good. He didn't have to say anything. A grown man looking into windows at little children is wrong. I might've lied, that most likely isn't an opinion.. damn, that's a first.

I'm the sort of person who forms an opinion before anything happens.. still go through with it. The thought of a pleasant suprise is intriguing... wow, that O word keeps coming up a lot.

No sir, because I have an opinion. I took into consideration the talent that could possibly be involved. ECW wise, it's looking a little bleak.

because I got the 8 ball, like you said.. let me stop. It's an opinion. I don't think this angle has the legs to last a substantial amount of time.. seriously, that's all I was saying.

the writing was the best part.. in your opinion, right? and hey, something's fishy. Were you peeping in my window like Seven? How did you know I watched Stonecold for the stories? I could've sworn I just liked to see him whip some ass.. I must be mistaken.

Where'd I say Vince Russo at? You must have written the post for me, I deleted somethings that made me look bad.

What's that? You had an opinion? Oh, I was too busy quoting you're entire post and being smart ass.

I wish you could. What fun. But yeah, I meant considering the performers they can bring in to represent ECW, the writing better be fucking magnificent.. as in make up for the lack of talent.

So I should wait it out and hope for the best? Sometimes you have to be realistic my friend. I think you like TNA a lot.

I'll have to make room for the 8 ball.

So, in conclusion.. by simply saying "Hey guys, I don't think it'll work and here's why!!!!!!".. i'm closed minded? On the contrary, I believe your dissection of my post and the constant quotes of my opinion makes you closed minded. Obviously we will agree to disagree because this is a TNA Forum and i am a WWE mark.

Yeah, I tend get really frustrated at blatant ignorance. It sucks, I don't mean to be so angry.

An opinion on a somthing is facts you can make right now, not down the road. You are going to the PPV and past that saying that it will be bad without any facts to bring that up. You have no proof saying what people will or won't be used in this angle,how long it will ago or what will happen at the PPV.

Learn2English.

What reasons were those again?

You should also try learning to read, I said you were "biased". If you were unbiased your argument might actually have some weight to it.

Looking through windows is wrong now? Ok. What else is wrong?

You form an opinion before the subject of your opinion exists? That's cool I had an opinion of the iPhone 4 in 2007. Derp. You're a dumbass.

What is your opinion based on? Do you currently know the status of all former ECW wrestlers? Well, do you?

It's an opinion. I don't think this angle has the legs to last a substantial amount of time.. seriously, that's all I was saying.
And your opinion is based on?

Your opinion on good writing is supported by?

You really need to learn to read. Also, the evidence of the majority of fans points toward writing being the key reason the Attitude Era worked. Have you not noticed that in-ring action in wrestling today is the same as it was years ago, but the writing has changed? Put 2 and 2 together.

Seriously? Now you're pretending you didn't say things that anyone can scroll up and see. You really are 12.

Are you trying to be funny? Cos you really suck at it.

But what does your opinion matter? You've already shown you don't know what good writing is. So why should anyone take your opinions on this seriously? Oh right, they shouldn't.

You should actually experience something before judging it. Are you that dumb? You realise that how you've approached this situation is literally like giving a movie a bad review before you've watched it. You understand how stupid that is right?

You didn't offer any reasons. And Seriously stop hiding behind this "it's an opinion" argument. Yes everyone is allowed an opinion, that doesn't mean my opinion can't be that yours is terrible. Here's the thing, when you back up your opinion with "FACTS" and "LOGIC" people will take it seriously. When you post garbled shit, that makes no sense and is full of bias towards certain elements then you'll find your opinion is baseless and therefore invalid.

That's funny because the only person being ignorant that I've seen in this thread is you.

Personally I think this angle will be a case of one step forwards and then two steps back.

Will it give TNA better PPV buyrates than their previous few rumoured buyrates? Probably. Heck, it might even be one of their biggest selling Pay Per Views.

But then what? Where does it go from there? Where does this angle go? Perhaps a TNA vs EV2 War - possibly, although the Dixie "inviting" them, might have killed that idea dead in the water.

Long term this does nothing from the product. It's a short term pop. It does nothing for the up and coming talent for TNA - which for me is the two steps back.

I have a feeling that the same people complainin this won't work are the same people that who either 1) don't read spoilers (and good for you if you dont) or 2) people who need to crap over anything done. Since we can't reveal what will happen this week on Impact I can't make a valid point to those people but I will watch their reactions when they reveal exactly why teh ECWguys jumped the rail and why Dixie invited them.

I have no use for people who watch something for two minutes and decides that it's already going to suck. They tend to be arrogant assholes with the mentality of "I can do it better" and in reality fail as a whole no matter what they try. I don't see this angle going any farther than Hardcore Justice: One Last Stand (which is apparantly the new name for the show) and if nothing else will allow Raven, Rhino & Richards something to do other than sit at home and twiddle their thumbs. Will the ECW group be around after Hard Justice? Hard o say but I'm gonna go with no.

I have no use for people who watch something for two minutes and decides that it's already going to suck. They tend to be arrogant assholes with the mentality of "I can do it better" and in reality fail as a whole no matter what they try. I don't see this angle going any farther than Hardcore Justice: One Last Stand (which is apparantly the new name for the show) and if nothing else will allow Raven, Rhino & Richards something to do other than sit at home and twiddle their thumbs. Will the ECW group be around after Hard Justice? Hard o say but I'm gonna go with no.

The angle might be fantastic, it could draw huge buyrates - but what happens after? If the ECW guys bugger off - where are you as a company? You've just wasted a chunk of time that you could be elevating your younger guys for the sake of pushing people who were over the hill when the original ECW was coming to an end.

Give me a scenario where TNA comes out of this angle long term, and I'll reconsider my position - but sucess or failure - this angle does nothing for long term TNA.

The angle might be fantastic, it could draw huge buyrates - but what happens after? If the ECW guys bugger off - where are you as a company? You've just wasted a chunk of time that you could be elevating your younger guys for the sake of pushing people who were over the hill when the original ECW was coming to an end.

Give me a scenario where TNA comes out of this angle long term, and I'll reconsider my position - but sucess or failure - this angle does nothing for long term TNA.

Who's to say this won't push young talent? The old ECW guys could be put into matches with the younger TNA guys and the ECW guys could put them over. The only scenario is that the ECW get put into matches with young TNA guys at the PPV and put them over. If the PPV is held in a ECW arena, this could get ECW fans to watch TNA, that would boost the ratings alot. This could be a very good thing for TNA if they book it right.

Who's to say this won't push young talent? The old ECW guys could be put into matches with the younger TNA guys and the ECW guys could put them over. The only scenario is that the ECW get put into matches with young TNA guys at the PPV and put them over. If the PPV is held in a ECW arena, this could get ECW fans to watch TNA, that would boost the ratings alot. This could be a very good thing for TNA if they book it right.

The word going around is this: (I've put it in spoilers because I'm not necessarily sure that this won't be revealed on next weeks show - I've on read the idea on news reports):

The word going around is that Hard Justice will be a TNA version of WWE's One Night Stand (The First one). Old ECW guys vs Old ECW guys.

And besides, if it does end up being ECW vs TNA guys - the old ECW guys aren't Ric Flair - they're not big enough nor good enough to put over the new talent. And any ECW vs TNA matches will likely be Hardcore matches - which won't put anyone over.

It might pop viewers (for the wrong reasons) and a few might even stick around - but this angle doesn't cover up the real long term booking problems in TNA.

And one extra point.

If an ECW angle spikes TNA's ratings - what does that say about the current TNA booking? If bringing back guys that were barely relevant 10 years ago can get better buys than your current product (baring in mind that WWE have resurrected ECW before) what does it say about the current product?

JKP I totaly see where you are coming from. In the long run I don't see how this angle would benefit TNA but it seems to me as if they are not doing it for that. It almost seems like they are doing this for the fans of the old ECW and for the ECW to get one last chance in the spotlight, thus the slogan "One LAST Stand". I don't think this will effect TNA's current stories unless they keep a few of the guys around afteward and I don't think that's what it's supposed to be doing. Like I said see i as TNA's way of tipping their hat to a promoton that did what they are trying to do which is simply be an alternative. Are they going about i the right way? That's up for discussion. Plus I think the main reason they are doing this is to make Dreamer happy so he would stay around and book for them andpossibly get Raven to help out which in turn (they ar hoping) will attract Heyman, which seems to be Dixi's ultimate goal right now.

But I really don't see the need for people to be bitching and moaning about it and going on and on about everything that COULD go wrong about it and just shut up and enjoy. Like I had in my sig for a while (and probably put it back in) the problem with fans nowadaysis they grew up and forgot what it's like to be a fan. Everyone wants to be a critic when in reality they are nothing more than an arm chair quarterback pretty much saying nothing original and looking useless.

But I really don't see the need for people to be bitching and moaning about it and going on and on about everything that COULD go wrong about it and just shut up and enjoy. Like I had in my sig for a while (and probably put it back in) the problem with fans nowadaysis they grew up and forgot what it's like to be a fan. Everyone wants to be a critic when in reality they are nothing more than an arm chair quarterback pretty much saying nothing original and looking useless.

But I'm not saying that TNA will definitely get this wrong. Hell they could book 3 great weeks of build up, and follow it up with a PPV that might be half as good as One Night Stand.

I see no avenue where TNA long term can benefit from this storyline. That's why I'm being negative - not because I think they will do a bad job of it. With Dreamer behind creative it could be a very good PPV - but then what?

And one extra point.

If an ECW angle spikes TNA's ratings - what does that say about the current TNA booking? If bringing back guys that were barely relevant 10 years ago can get better buys than your current product (baring in mind that WWE have resurrected ECW before) what does it say about the current product?

The obvious? That it is improving. Getting better buys/ratings is the whole goal. There is nothing bad about accomplishing that goal. Is WWE in trouble because they brought the Bret story back from the past to try and get ratings? Are they in trouble because their highest rated raw segment in a long time was someone retiring? The problem is not what if these guys increase ratings, it is what if they do the opposite. Also, most of these guys have still been working and were more than "barely relevant." Raven was barely relevant? Tommy Dreamer even at the end of his wwecw run whenever he would get that shot people would still tune in.

It says that a group of fans from a previous generation are still out there and interested in seeing there old favourites. To put it in the simplest sense, TNA is utilizing smart business, on Jan 4th TNA's ratings rose by a few thousand. I have no doubt that those viewers were leftover fans from the attitude era eager to see what TNA was about. In fact I know this is true after viewing a thread on a non-wrestling related site that day, filled with people talking about how TNA reminded them of the Attitude era. It's the same deal here, people liked ECW. If they didn't then why did so many people fork out for One Night Stand in comparison to the PPV that preceeded it and the one that followed?

Everyone likes nostalgia, it's why people would still love to see the Rock come back and beat up Cena. In 15 years time people wil probably wish Cena would come in and attack whoever is the main guy in that company then. Same with TNA, in 15 years or so when AJ retires people will compare their stars then to the stars now. And you can believe AJ will be held on a pedestal.

With ECW it's stupid to ignore that a lot of fans loved these guys and when they stopped being on television the fans didn't move on, instead the stopped watching. Now they get to see them again, so they'll watch and TNA will make money.

I see no avenue where TNA long term can benefit from this storyline. That's why I'm being negative - not because I think they will do a bad job of it. With Dreamer behind creative it could be a very good PPV - but then what?

It's quite simple, TNA wants rub-off viewers. Say they draw an extra 15,000 viewers during the ECW angle. if 5,000 of those viewers decide they like TNA's regular product then they might keep watching. And that's extra viewers for TNA. That's the benefit long term, that and that backstage some TNA guys might get a little help advicewise from the ECW crowd on how to develop characters and truly be an alternative product. But the main payoff long term is to see if they can attract new viewers and keep them.

According to what I've read on Gerweck.net just now, the planned name for the ECW faction is currently The Riot Makers. I think the faction has gotten off to something of a lukewarm start as it is, but The Riot Makers would simply be the single lamest name for a faction in wrestling history. Personally, I think it's an even worse name than the Dudebusters.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying that this is the confirmed name of the faction or anything. It's just based on what I read over at gerweck. I have to admit that it made me laugh just a little. If that does turn out to be the name of the group, then the angle deserves to fall flat on its ass.

According to what I've read on Gerweck.net just now, the planned name for the ECW faction is currently The Riot Makers. I think the faction has gotten off to something of a lukewarm start as it is, but The Riot Makers would simply be the single lamest name for a faction in wrestling history. Personally, I think it's an even worse name than the Dudebusters.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying that this is the confirmed name of the faction or anything. It's just based on what I read over at gerweck. I have to admit that it made me laugh just a little. If that does turn out to be the name of the group, then the angle deserves to fall flat on its ass.

Has to be a wind up. Surely, please, I'm begging TNA creative! This would be worse than Hulk being World Champion.

If this is the case (and I have my doubts to say the least!) then TNA should just stop, don't go on.

It can't be... can it?

In other news, the quartley ratings are in:

Q1: 0.96 rating - Top 10 rankings, Abyss promo, Taylor Wilde and Sarita brawl

Q2: 1.04 rating - Taylor vs. Sarita, Rob Van Dam backstage, Miss Teschmacher and Kevin Nash, Brian Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams

Q3: 1.14 rating - Conclusion of Kendrick vs. Williams, Nash reminds everyone that the X Division is a joke by beating up Kendrick, Jeff Jarrett confronts Nash, Nash backstage

Q4: 1.11 rating - Samoa Joe vs. Desmond Wolfe vs. Rob Terry with Magnus on commentary, Ric Flair backstage, Beer Money vs. Motor City Machine Guns

Q5: 1.16 rating - Conclusion of Beer Money vs. MCMG, Abyss beats up a watermelon, D'Angelo Dinero vs. Matt Morgan

Q6: 1.12 rating - Dinero vs. Morgan conclusion, Velvet Sky rants to Lacey Von Erich, Madison Rayne promo with interruptions by Angelina Love, Velvet, and Lacey

Q7: 1.08 rating - Angelina and Madison brawl interrupted by mystery biker chick, Jeff Hardy vs. Jay Lethal with the former ECW crew in the crowd

Q8: 1.09 rating - Ric Flair introduced A.J. Styles and Kazarian as Fortune members, Abyss comes out and cuts a promo, RVD fights Abyss, Mick Foley out, the former ECW crew hits the ring and brawls with TNA crew, Dixie Carter announces she invited the former ECW wrestlers

Not good if you're expecting a spike for the ECW stuff. Great to see the Guns vs Beer Money match spike the ratings

Potential positives...

Unlike WWe's version of ECDub (if this isn't copyrighted, this is the name I'd go with), this faction has the opportunity to really bring back a legitimate version - RVD, Dreamer, Raven, Richards, Rhina, Dudleys, Snow, Diamond and Foley all appeared last Thursday and several more could come in.

While they are older, should Heyman come on board (and it's not a big stretch to think this is inevitable) he has shown in the past how he gets the best out of wrestlers previously regarded as not having 'it'.

I don't think a NxTus style program would work as it dominates everything but I do think an ECDub Vs X-Division feud (ala CZW Vs RoH, hardcore Vs respect) could be excellent - the X-Div could certainly use the boost.

Potential downside?

If they are allowed to rule roughshod over TNA ala MEM as this would be an example of older wrestlers demeaning the up and comers.

I highly doubt that The Riot Makers will be the name for the group. I'm sur ethey will refer to them as such but I doubt it. Hell just call them what the ECW guys were called in the arly years of TNA, "The Extreme Revolution".

By the way JPK I wasn't calling you out and I apologize if it seemed that way. I was talking about the god knows how many people who will find something to complain about even if this story is the best this year and is unanimously praised by everyone else. There is always that group of assholes who think they are cool by going against the grain.

I read that article too and I hope to hell that this isn't the name. That is probably the worst name in wrestling since Dungeon of Doom. I know WWE owns the rights to ECW, but can't they at least call themselves Team Extreme or the Extremists? How about The Innovators or something to do with hardcore. Riot Makers is worst than Fortune. We could see a Texas death match with Sabu vs. RVD and it wouldn't matter with that name.

That sounds like a lame high school football team. They have to come up with something better then that.

Everyone criticizes TNA by saying this has been done before and other crap, but this is the best storyline I've seen in ages. I shouted at the TV for the first time in a three years. This could work out brilliant and boost TNA's ratings if they do it right. *looking at Vince Russo*

In this news item...
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...s-new-dreamer-video-along-with-message-107481
... there is footage about the ECW Invasion which is spliced with audios clips of Abyss talking about "They". Is this meant to imply that ECW is "They"? I can't imagine why else this would be used....

in the context of that ad, yes. As far as the actual storyline, I'm still doubting that the ECW guys are the ones helping Abyss. Especialy after they attacked him when he said "They" wanted him to take out RVD.

I have serious doubts that "They" are the ECW guys. It wouldn't make any sense and I have a "feeling" they are a whole nother' entity unto themselves. I don't know why they would use the audio for a video of the ECW four but whatever. I'm sure it will play out soon enough.

Everyone criticizes TNA by saying this has been done before and other crap, but this is the best storyline I've seen in ages. I shouted at the TV for the first time in a three years. This could work out brilliant and boost TNA's ratings if they do it right. *looking at Vince Russo*

None of those ECW guys will boost ratings. RVD and Mick Foley are the only legit stars from ECW that TNA has and they haven't done much for ratings. All this will do is set TNA back yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back