• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ECW Invasion Dreamer, Raven, Richards & More!

The problem with this ECW invasion angle is that TNA can't use the ECW name for the group. I'm not sure if they got the right to use the word Extreme but i'm sure that they can't use ECW without getting sued by the WWE.

Another problem is how do you do an ECW invasion angle and PPV without using anything that might get you into trouble with WWE. And How do you make it interesting for the newer fan that probably didn'T watch wrestling in the 90's when ECW made his mark.

That's a couple of problem they need to fix because and ECW PPV in the TNA IMPACT Zone isn't gonna work. The IMPACT Zone look to much like a lighter version of a WWE arena. ECW wasn'T about fireworks and lights show, it was about wrestling and beating your opponent senseless.

This was a good idea on paper but now they need to found a way to make it appealling to everybody without stepping on the toes of the WWE and it's a very shaky proposition because one false move and WWE can sued them for everything they got for copyright violation and it would be sad to see that happening.

I don't know what's worse. Seeing a bunch of 40 year old jobbers beat the crap out of an entire TNA roster, or Dixie's mic skills. If this ECW group is suppose to be a heel faction, and Dixie the evil boss character, she has a lot of work to do. She sounded like a scared little 5 year old when telling everyone to stop. One interesting thing I saw was that when Devon came out to help the ECW guys, but Bubba Ray was nowhere in sight.

I don't know what's worse. Seeing a bunch of 40 year old jobbers beat the crap out of an entire TNA roster, or Dixie's mic skills. If this ECW group is suppose to be a heel faction, and Dixie the evil boss character, she has a lot of work to do. She sounded like a scared little 5 year old when telling everyone to stop. One interesting thing I saw was that when Devon came out to help the ECW guys, but Bubba Ray was nowhere in sight.

What is wrong with Dixie's mic skills. All she said was "Stop stop stop. I invited them here". And of course she's supposed to sound scared. She's watching guys she invited have a brawl with her lockerroom. Is she supposed to sound happy about that?

And lol at jobbers. The entire Nexus were scrubs on NXT yet they invade RAW and beat the hell out of the world champion. Please stop!

What is wrong with Dixie's mic skills. All she said was "Stop stop stop. I invited them here". And of course she's supposed to sound scared. She's watching guys she invited have a brawl with her lockerroom. Is she supposed to sound happy about that?

And lol at jobbers. The entire Nexus were scrubs on NXT yet they invade RAW and beat the hell out of the world champion. Please stop!

Yeah... While Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards all are supposed to be able to take out the entire TNA Roster. None have wrestled a decent match in years, and none have been threats at all to professional wrestling in the slightest Oh, wait, I'm sorry, they had the Fatties... er... Dudleys with them, too. Silly me.

If it hasn't been painfully apparent to anyone else yet, I'mm reiterate exactly what I said earlier; TNA has no way of getting the talented workers that actually worked good matches for ECW. Rather, it's going to be wrestlers like Balls Mahoney, The Blue Meanie, and maybe Super Nova. When the best worker you have for your PPV, RVD acknowledged, will probably be Al Snow, you have a problem. The problem is, none of these workers are going to be able to hold their worth in PPV matches. So don't come crying to me when Hard Justice is a shitty pay per view.

Oh, screw it, who am I kidding? You will anyway.

That whole ECW angle last night was one the worst shit TNA has ever done in my opinion. Is it really an invasion when most of them have been with the company for years? Most of them have been nothing but jobbers in TNA. Now they can all of sudden beat up the TNA stars because Tommy Dreamer shows up.

I don't really have a problem with a company rehashing old angles as long as they ad something new to it.WWE does it all the time, but this ECW shit is obviously TNA copying the Nexus angle that is still going on. The Nexus is obviously not a totally original angle either.

I just think TNA looks very minor league by trying to copy the biggest current storyline in WWE right now. While using a bunch of washed up wrestlers to do so. Not to mention the ECW invasion has been ran into the ground already.

I loved it. TNA is absolutely murdering WWE in nuances to stories at the moment. In the long run I think this will pay dividends. Will the haters quit pretending the entire locker room came out together and were soundly defeated by 4 guys. If that is what you saw then you are blind beyond belief. There was a 5th guy in the ring who just happens to be the current champ and several others who came out and switched sides while those who entered the ring did so almost exclusively in smaller numbers. There were also plenty of notably absent names. This had unexpected swerves built into stories that still have many interesting questions to be answered. I know I am quite interested in where many peoples allegiances and motives are. I am surprised no one has realized that it is not technically an invasion if Dixie invited them. Just one of many ways this is the antitheses of the nexus storyline.

yeah the whole thing doesn't make sense to me yet. But what else is new with TNA. Nothing ever makes sense. Are the ECW guys good or bad?? Are they invading? Why did Dixie invite them? Who the hell is Abyss talking about? Hopefully there is a story being told here that will have a conclusion. But that is not the norm in TNA.

The question is, what does TNA want with Tommy Dreamer, or more importantly, what does Tommy Dreamer want with TNA?

We've all heard the rumors of the ECW stable floating around the IWC for weeks now, but until last night we hadn't really caught a glimpse of it until now.

--

That said, it's Q&A Time!

• What are your thoughts on Dreamer's debut? Was it handled well?

• Do you think this is a prelude to an ECW invasion style storyline where other "ECW Originals" would show face in TNA as well? If so, who else do you see debuting or re-debuting with the company in the [near] future? Sandman? Sabu?

• Do you think Dreamer has anything to do with Dixie's hyped up tidbits about something that will "change TNA forever"?

How is this Tommy Dreamer's debut, he debuted or at least made an appearance at the last few episodes of TNA Impact and brought a new member every week after that.

I also hope that Sabu arrives with the Sandman and they lead the ECW invasion since it is reported that Tommy Dreamer is INJURED.

And No, I don't think that The ECW invasion has anything to do with Dixie's tweets.

I think this is a sign of TNA still not being able to get it right. I mean the end of impact was alright and everything but could of been WAY better if they would of used a couple of more tools in the Invasion deal. Like where was Hulk Hogan or Eric Bishoff during the whole they why didn't they have them appear, just Jeff Jarret WTF? Iknow Eric is off for the week but still couldnt they just make him work that taping or wait for eric to be back. Hulk Hogan couldnt of came out and been like "Dixie what the hell!" I feel there was big lack on creativity on this one. No one even really know who to go for during the brawl either you had people just pacing back and forth till they are all like "HEY i'll punch him"

That whole ECW angle last night was one the worst shit TNA has ever done in my opinion. Is it really an invasion when most of them have been with the company for years? Most of them have been nothing but jobbers in TNA. Now they can all of sudden beat up the TNA stars because Tommy Dreamer shows up.

I don't really have a problem with a company rehashing old angles as long as they ad something new to it.WWE does it all the time, but this ECW shit is obviously TNA copying the Nexus angle that is still going on. The Nexus is obviously not a totally original angle either.

I just think TNA looks very minor league by trying to copy the biggest current storyline in WWE right now. While using a bunch of washed up wrestlers to do so. Not to mention the ECW invasion has been ran into the ground already.

WWE did the same thing back in 2005 with their ECW invasion. People were on WWE for years and then they turned to favour ECW. This "invasion" is nothing like the Nexus angle at all. For starters the Nexus angle is about young people not taking any crap anymore from the older talent. The ECW "invasion" is nothing like that. I also don't like how you are saying copying. Sure it's like the WWE one but you're not gonna find somthing new in wrestling now a days everything has being done. This isn't really an invasion either if Dixie invited them how could they invade? Just be paitent and wait to see how this goes.

I really.. reaaaallllyyy don't understand in any way, shape, or form how the hell this work.. aannnddd hereeeesssss whhhyyyy:

1.) Okay, plain and simple. Nobody bought the Fake Diesel and Razor did they? (yes, i just posted about this a few days ago) No, they didn't. Everybody said "yeahh, fuck this, I'll watch WCW where the real Razor and Diesel are". To me, this isn't an ECW anything without Paul Heyman. Heyman created, and ultimately destroyed, the ECW everybody loved. The ONLY reason One Night Stand worked in 2005 is because of the WWE hype machine. Old fans were intrigued by the prospect of one more night with the renegade company and new fans were intrigued because it appeared to be something they weren't used to seeing. Flash forward up to now.. the old fans are like "ehh, it's nostalgia but that's about it".. new fans are like "WTF? Where's Tony Atlas?".. I mean really.. there's not an ounce of intrigue to this because there is NO CLEAR DIRECTION.. and NO CLEAR POINT.. to anything that happened last night or where this can go in the future. Yeah, it's cool not being able to tell where a storyline is going, but to know that the chance of failure is REALLY HIGH before it even goes down (or as soon as it goes down if you dont read spoilers) if all possible directions thought of lack excitement.

2.) There is not enough talent to make it work. Stables/Invasions worked because there was talent. the 4 Horsemen has the promo work and ring work. nWo had the promo work and ring work (not saying they are great wrestlers but when nWo started they could at least go and tell a story).. DX had the same.. hell Nexus is showing they have it. YES THERE IS GUYS WHO CAN CUT PROMOS.. but please.. and understand before I say this, I want this to work.. I want TNA to be a legitimate #2 and challenge the WWE.. but PLEEAAAASEEE.. everyone who supports TNA and would, as it would seem, take a bullet for the company (it seems that way by the bashing from "TNA supporters" and "WWE supporters").. TELL ME WHO IS GOING TO CARRY THE MATCHES? Besides RVD, maybe one or two more people.. who is going to have a respectable match and not stink it up? A fucking pay per view that costs money can't be all promos and one match. Can't have freaking promo wars, one on one debates, shouting matches.. then a main event. It doesn't work that way. Eventually these guys have to wrestle and everything looks terrible. It's not even that the wrestlers are bad.. Dreamer could have a respectable match.. Raven could.. they're out of shape though, in no condition to carry a match and have a so-called "physical war" without using multiple weapons and getting winded after 5 minutes.

3.) Back to the hype machine.. how many people are really going to care at this point that TNA is doing this? The audience isn't large enough yet, and instead of going full steam ahead with something unique and different, they piggy back off WWECW and get these guys to give them a .1 bump in ratings. Hogan hasn't drawn a dime for them, nobody really has. They're ratings prove it. No jump, No fall.. just stagnant. That should prove that despite ALL THE HYPE TNA CAN MUSTER, that they can't produce compelling television. They're not able to market right and what they choose to market people just genuinely don't care about anymore. You think after the past 2 years of WWECW that people really care that these guys are "invading" TNA? I know I can't speak for everybody, I'm not trying to. The collective groan from wrestling fans in regards to WWECW speaks for itself. Personally, I'm ready to just stop with the ECW already and let Heyman's baby sleep.. I mean damn, how many times do you revive something? nWo in WWF didn't work because Hogan was a bigger star than Nash and Hall.. and everybody wanted to see him return. These random facts I keep throwing out prove the point. ECW can return in TNA but ECW wasn't THAT big in the first place. And it's obvious that TNA looking like an updated version of WCW, that nobody cares about WCW either. WWE, like it or not, has the ability to make everything work and everything fail. Sometimes, we, the fans, can dictate storylines/character changes but if we don't speak loud enough then things go as is. Actually, if Vince decides to change it. But yeah.. Vince's ECW sucked pretty much.. but it was under the WWE umbrella.. it got its own show, own roster, and own viewers, whether seperate from RAW and Smackdown's or not. TNA, instead of looking at everything that's been done before and thinking of a fresh approach.. they cooks their eggs scrambled for the 100th time without tasting sunny side up.

This has all ran together, most of it probably won't make sense.. but the points are there.. in closing, I offer a few reasons why this MIGHT work.

1.) Awesome promos.. and these promos better make me want to join the fucking fight against whoever the hell I need to be fighting. Killer promos will make up for the lack of talent.. IN THE SHORT TERM.. eventually these guys will fight. An 8-Man Tag might suffice but you need atleast TWO good guys on the ECW team so they can carry the bulk of the match. Don't get one guy to carry a team of four.. doesn't look good.

2.) CREATIVE BOOKING.. take this is the most insane direction possible and FORCE PEOPLE TO PAY ATTENTION. don't do shit that makes people go "really? that's it" When I read the spoilers and saw that a brawl took place last night all I could really say was "Really? that's it?". I understand things can be spontaneous but with an already established brand like ECW, the impact has to be HUGE because of previous expectations.

3.) DO NOT OVER DO IT! This cannot have 15 segments on Impact.. I can't even conceive this unorganized stable getting it's own Pay Per View.. it needs to be precise and to the point .. 37 plot turns and 5 months of build (here's looking at you Heel-ish Sting) will completely KILL the steam this angle has. Hit and hit quick.. get to the point and make sure that the payoff is awesome.. that could draw more people in.

uhm, lost now that I got food.. train of thought is refocusing on this sub.. hope this comes across right.. again, I reiterate, before the "TNA guys" come and whine to me, I want this to succeed, I want TNA to succeed, but I'll be damn if they don't just keep trying to do something that's been done, instead of hasn't been done. Hell, I wish they'd just be more original.

Just read this about the angle took place last night...

According to those that attended the TNA tapings this week, last night's show ending brawl was heavily edited. Some have called it a "Cliffsnotes version" of the angle.

TNA edited out Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal trying to save Rob Van Dam from Abyss, the segment where Brian Kendrick caused Simon Diamond and Al Snow to side with ECW as well as Abyss' reaction to Foley coming out.

Also, the crowd reactions on TV were said to be nowhere near to what they were live. It was still a great angle though and I'm told it only gets better next week.

I was wondering why it was happening the way it was but due to time constraints I understand but I am sure there was something they could have cut other than something for the big angle that would have made it flow better.

Ok. Maybe Im reading into this a bit to much, but;

Didn't we already know that Dreamer etc were invited by Dixie? Wasn't that already announced? Pretty sure the second time Dreamer came into the crowd on Impact that Tenay mentioned that Dixie invited him. Dixie said she invited them. THEM. The ECW guys looked just as confused at this statement as everyone else in the Zone.

All Im proposing is that, them, are they - and Dixie just teased that she invited them

I really.. reaaaallllyyy don't understand in any way, shape, or form how the hell this work.. aannnddd hereeeesssss whhhyyyy:

1.) Okay, plain and simple. Nobody bought the Fake Diesel and Razor did they? (yes, i just posted about this a few days ago) No, they didn't. Everybody said "yeahh, fuck this, I'll watch WCW where the real Razor and Diesel are". To me, this isn't an ECW anything without Paul Heyman. Heyman created, and ultimately destroyed, the ECW everybody loved. The ONLY reason One Night Stand worked in 2005 is because of the WWE hype machine. Old fans were intrigued by the prospect of one more night with the renegade company and new fans were intrigued because it appeared to be something they weren't used to seeing. Flash forward up to now.. the old fans are like "ehh, it's nostalgia but that's about it".. new fans are like "WTF? Where's Tony Atlas?".. I mean really.. there's not an ounce of intrigue to this because there is NO CLEAR DIRECTION.. and NO CLEAR POINT.. to anything that happened last night or where this can go in the future. Yeah, it's cool not being able to tell where a storyline is going, but to know that the chance of failure is REALLY HIGH before it even goes down (or as soon as it goes down if you dont read spoilers) if all possible directions thought of lack excitement.

The facts are their is not a ounce of intrigue because no one really cares about ECW. Thats where the proof lays, Scott Hall showing up through the crowd on Monday Nitro had NO CLEAR DIRECTION and NO CLEAR POINT for weeks but a boat load on intrigue, then a few weeks later he brought Kevin Nash and they stated they were going to take over and you get you direction.

The two comparisons are extremly different but the point of them is to show that we dont need Direction or a clear point, TNA in my opinion and what im hoping for wants us to speculate wants us to feel like we are kids again who cant simply go on the interent and figure out were every storyline is headed but im with you it does have a big failure rate and its because the interest level going in is minimal so turning it into something large looks doubtful

I don't think I've laughed as hard as I have reading the "NXTblood is being ripped off by TNA" posts.

First things first, this isn't an invasion. It wasn't even booked as an invasion. Abyss attacked RVD, he was going for his 2x4 when RVD's friends who were in attendance jumped the barricade and attacked Abyss to keep him away from Rob.

People are saying it didn't make sense to have the locker room come out, it did. It made perfect sense and were you paying attention you could've figured it out quite quickly (guess that WWE spoonfeeding really is detrimental to development). So I'll explain it;

Hypothetical situation: You're at a wrestling show, when 4 guys jump the guard rail and start attacking one of the wrestlers. Security are informed that 4 guys, who aren't employed by the company, have jumped the barricade and started attacking a performer. Then the guys start fighting security so you send out more guys, including some of the wrestlers to help fend off these "trespassers" as it turns out these "trespassers" are quite capable at fending off your security and staff, so more of the people backstage go out to restrain them but once they get there they realise they're friends with the guys who've jumped the barricade and try to stop them from getting hurt, which in turn leads to a massive brawl.

Then the person in charge comes out trying to stop the fighting by explaining that the 4 guys are guests.

Pretty fucking simple concepts to grasp there. This isn't an "invasion" this is 4 guys trying to help their friend and getting caught in a conflict between the event staff who are unaware of the group's status. It's simple and intriguing because I want to tune in next week to find out why Dixie invited them to TNA. This angle has nothing in common with the shitty NXT-blood angle, it's not about the ECW alumni trying to take over TNA it's just a group of ex-wrestlers coming to the aid of their friend who was being attacked by a deranged lunatic. It makes perfect sense from a Kayfabe point of view. And so far it's intriguing which is what it's supposed to be.

I don't think I've laughed as hard as I have reading the "NXTblood is being ripped off by TNA" posts.

First things first, this isn't an invasion. It wasn't even booked as an invasion. Abyss attacked RVD, he was going for his 2x4 when RVD's friends who were in attendance jumped the barricade and attacked Abyss to keep him away from Rob.

People are saying it didn't make sense to have the locker room come out, it did. It made perfect sense and were you paying attention you could've figured it out quite quickly (guess that WWE spoonfeeding really is detrimental to development). So I'll explain it;

Hypothetical situation: You're at a wrestling show, when 4 guys jump the guard rail and start attacking one of the wrestlers. Security are informed that 4 guys, who aren't employed by the company, have jumped the barricade and started attacking a performer. Then the guys start fighting security so you send out more guys, including some of the wrestlers to help fend off these "trespassers" as it turns out these "trespassers" are quite capable at fending off your security and staff, so more of the people backstage go out to restrain them but once they get there they realise they're friends with the guys who've jumped the barricade and try to stop them from getting hurt, which in turn leads to a massive brawl.

Then the person in charge comes out trying to stop the fighting by explaining that the 4 guys are guests.

Pretty fucking simple concepts to grasp there. This isn't an "invasion" this is 4 guys trying to help their friend and getting caught in a conflict between the event staff who are unaware of the group's status. It's simple and intriguing because I want to tune in next week to find out why Dixie invited them to TNA. This angle has nothing in common with the shitty NXT-blood angle, it's not about the ECW alumni trying to take over TNA it's just a group of ex-wrestlers coming to the aid of their friend who was being attacked by a deranged lunatic. It makes perfect sense from a Kayfabe point of view. And so far it's intriguing which is what it's supposed to be.

Thank you for breaking it down in dummy terms for everyone, it so ridiculous that people come onto wrestlezone and other spoiler sites and since the read about tommy dreamer, and paul heyman wanted in TNA they automatically believe its an invasion. Once again thank you for breaking it 100% down in dummy terms for all these people who cant break things down for themselves

I disagree.. it doesn't make sense from a kayfabe point of view. What the hell were the agents doing running to the ring? If Abyss is this bad ass heel then why did babyfaces run out to attack to the ECW guys? "Helping their friend" ... what? That makes no sense. Since we want to keep with the kayfabe, sure they were Dixie's guests.. but your hypothetical situation of 4 trespassers jumping a guardrail is no good. They should've been arrested and Impact should've ended with them in handcuffs.. THAT'S a crazy ending. Now everybody brawling then Dixie speaking and everybody just stops.. wtf?? I want this thing to work but god damn it's fucking hard to see a good direction right now. I know, I know.. I'm not supposed to see a direction or have any idea whatsoever of what will happen.. but i'll be damned if any of the scenarios this angle can progress to are good or sound entertaining.

Well, after the gigantic debate in the iMPACT LD and a few days of letting it settle in, my opinion really hasn't changed.

I feel this invasion can be good or bad. I liked the segment on Thursday, unlike many others on this forum, I think it was fine, and it really makes the viewer want to tune in next week.

I think it all depends on the booking though, and im glad to see the ECW guys are getting the lead here. God knows how this angle would go if Russo was given free reign with it. I'd be fine even with Russo having a minor role, as long as there are people there to filter out some of his crazy ideas.

But I liked the segment on Thursday, it raises a lot of questions, it makes me want to see what happens next. And I like how the ECW guys are booking the angle, so it shouldn't get off track and im looking forward to see how Hard Justice compares to WWE's One Night Stand.

I disagree.. it doesn't make sense from a kayfabe point of view. What the hell were the agents doing running to the ring?
Assisting security in their attempted removal of a group of unsigned wrestlers attacking their staff.

If Abyss is this bad ass heel then why did babyfaces run out to attack to the ECW guys?
Because they're not part of TNA, the TNA wrestlers were trying to remove a group of, say it slowly now, trespassers.

"Helping their friend" ... what? That makes no sense.
Do you not have friends or something? When a psycho with a 2x4 is attacking someone, that persons friends will step in to defend them.

Since we want to keep with the kayfabe, sure they were Dixie's guests.. but your hypothetical situation of 4 trespassers jumping a guardrail is no good. They should've been arrested and Impact should've ended with them in handcuffs.. THAT'S a crazy ending.
Did you not see the police officers who came in toward the end?

Now everybody brawling then Dixie speaking and everybody just stops.. wtf??
Because they've all just been told that a group of people who had essentially broken into iMPACT were invited. Also watch the segment again, by the time Dixie spoke most people were being restrained at that time.

t i'll be damned if any of the scenarios this angle can progress to are good or sound entertaining.

Well you seem like the type of unimaginative person that enjoys paint by numbers booking. The fact that you can't think of a way for the angle to continue doesn't mean anything because you don't work for TNA.

For further information on why the trainers and officials ran out to help stop the trespassing men see the following;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFOp...5744097F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JYOGJ0ngc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3hnt3rFdY&feature=related

Notice how all of those guys who tried to get in the ring got attacked by security and officials? Same principle.

well no shit what I think doesn't mean anything.. i'm saying.. all the possible scenarios seem unappealing.. but it's just my opinion. It doesn't take a blind person to figure out that this can head no where good though, or at least anywhere beneficial. Do you honestly think recreating ECW, running an ECW angle, doing a PPV.. will that make TNA more known? Please tell me. All I see is overwhelming support and optimism from the guys who have these iMPACT player logos in their signatures. everyone else seems to be taking a more realistic approach to the thought process of the angle.

edit - and yea - i saw the police officers.. they did absolutely nothing but throw their hand up and touch their pistol.. reaaallly? If these guys were a big enough threat that a fucking locker room begins to empty because they are "not wanted/invited".. why can't the cops apprehend them THEN Dixie say "I invited them!" Wouldn't that of been a little more awesome then the cuts and editing they had to do to squeeze it in 2 hours? Just fell really flat.. but again, my opinion. i've been watching wrestling for 18 years and I just see nothing beneficial coming from this other than a month of buzz until Bound 4 Glory.. I doubt this will be mentioned by then unless is goes REALLY well.

well no shit what I think doesn't mean anything.. i'm saying.. all the possible scenarios seem unappealing.. but it's just my opinion.
Please enlighten me to the scenarios you've come up with, I'm dying to hear them.

It doesn't take a blind person to figure out that this can head no where good though, or at least anywhere beneficial.
And you know this how?

Do you honestly think recreating ECW, running an ECW angle, doing a PPV.. will that make TNA more known? Please tell me.
Who's recreating ECW now? Running an ECW angle and a PPV, well let me think, in 2005 Judgement day had a 0.66 buyrate, the month after at ECW One Night Stand the burate was 0.81. So if we go by history a lot of people seem to like ECW, so you would figure that an ECW PPV would probably work on fan nostalgia as it is intended.

All I see is overwhelming support and optimism from the guys who have these iMPACT player logos in their signatures.
Really? You saw people with TNA themed signatures and you thought they might be something other than TNA fans?

everyone else seems to be taking a more realistic approach to the thought process of the angle.

Really and what approach are you taking? You're just another WWE mark running down TNA, you haven't even seen this angle take place yet and already you've decided it isn't going to work. People like you are the most annoying, biased, douchebags in the world. It wouldn't matter if TNA put forth an angle with multiple 5 star matches and drew a 2.0 in the ratings, you would still shit on it and say it wasn't any good because you've already made up your mind.

lol, you're a fucking idiot. WWE mark? I stated about 37 times that I want this to work.. but in MY (as in me, one person, singular, not plural, which would indicate 2 or more persons) opinion I don't think this'll work. And who says I need to give it a fucking chance? Did I want to give Dustin Runnels a chance as Seven, a fucking pedophile-ish character.. fuck no. I reserve the right to determine whether or not I like something on the 1st day or the last day of it's existence. It's annoying, biased, dumb mother fuckers like you who take all skepticism towards TNA (and WWE "marks" are bad for it too) and instead of catching a glimpse of another view point you automatically point a finger.. "U SLOWCHING DOOSCHE BAGG!" the fuck out of there with that nonsense.

Scenarios I thought of ?

-They do the one off pay per view.. which could be OKAY AT BEST .. the feeling will be great but the action (WHICH IS WHAT I'VE STRESSED) will be sub-par at best. Sorry if my tastes involve a product in it's entirety, not what the little pieces.. ya know, like when you write a book report.. one strong paragraph won't get you an A.. more like a pat on the back.

-They continue with the angle past the pay per view.. it will lose steam, lose luster.. just like just about every other angle. Ways to make it fresh will be lost and suddenly you're left with nothing... all things come to end eventually.

- These guys turn on each other and a whole bunch of swerves happen (looking at you Russo).. how is this any good at all? This'll become one big cluster fuck.. like nearly everything else. WWF had crash tv during the attitude era (crash tv = cluster fuck) and the only reason it really worked was because of the talent. The writing, for the most part, was terrible. Considering the performers, the writing better be fucking magnificent. Since you're such a smart ass TNA mark (ohhh SNAPZ!) why dont you write for them? you seem confident.

All i've said was I hope they succeed.. I just don't see it. Yes, after 18 years of watching the greatest wrestling and the fucking worst wrestling ever, I can form an opinion of an angle after one night.. I never lose the hope of it becoming entertaining though, and keep an open mind.. which is what i've been doing. Thanks for pissing me off over the internet and forcing me to write this and waste time. U Da Man!

lol, you're a fucking idiot. WWE mark? I stated about 37 times that I want this to work.. but in MY (as in me, one person, singular, not plural, which would indicate 2 or more persons) opinion I don't think this'll work.

Yes, so you're saying "I want this to work, but it won't". Man you really want this to work.

And who says I need to give it a fucking chance?
the laws of being unbiased? No, it's cool you don't have to give it a chance, but because you're admitting that you refuse to give the angle a chance, then any argument you make against the angle will be invalid.

Did I want to give Dustin Runnels a chance as Seven, a fucking pedophile-ish character.. fuck no.
In Seven's first promo he stood outside a kids window looking in and saying he was coming. He was dropped because Turner thought it could be mis-interpreted (by dumbasses i.e. you) as a child abductor. He never said anything about wanting to rape kids. So that was pretty much your fault for being stupid.

I reserve the right to determine whether or not I like something on the 1st day or the last day of it's existence.
Sure thing there, you're probably the sort of person who says a movie isn't good without watching it. I do thank you for admitting it though, because now I can write off any argument you make against this angle as being invalid. :thumbsup:

It's annoying, biased, dumb mother fuckers like you who take all skepticism towards TNA (and WWE "marks" are bad for it too) and instead of catching a glimpse of another view point you automatically point a finger.. "U SLOWCHING DOOSCHE BAGG!" the fuck out of there with that nonsense.

Are you 12? Serious question.

Scenarios I thought of ?

-They do the one off pay per view.. which could be OKAY AT BEST .. the feeling will be great but the action (WHICH IS WHAT I'VE STRESSED) will be sub-par at best. Sorry if my tastes involve a product in it's entirety, not what the little pieces.. ya know, like when you write a book report.. one strong paragraph won't get you an A.. more like a pat on the back.
So you know it can only be Ok because you have magic future sight?

-They continue with the angle past the pay per view.. it will lose steam, lose luster.. just like just about every other angle. Ways to make it fresh will be lost and suddenly you're left with nothing... all things come to end eventually.
And you know it will lose steam how?

- These guys turn on each other and a whole bunch of swerves happen (looking at you Russo).. how is this any good at all? This'll become one big cluster fuck.. like nearly everything else. WWF had crash tv during the attitude era (crash tv = cluster fuck) and the only reason it really worked was because of the talent. The writing, for the most part, was terrible.
Are you serious? The Attitude Era writing was terrible? The best part about the Attitude Era was the writing. You didn't watch Steve Austin after his accident for his in-ring work, you watched for the stories. And again generic "I hate Russo" comment, never mind that last years MEM storyline was the best thing in wrestling last year, Russo sux, so sayeth the WWE.

Considering the performers, the writing better be fucking magnificent. Since you're such a smart ass TNA mark (ohhh SNAPZ!) why dont you write for them? you seem confident.
The performers? What suddenly guys like Van Dam, AJ and Angle aren't any good? Okay then. And you know I'd love to write for TNA, just as soon as can drop everything and fly to the US.

All i've said was I hope they succeed.. I just don't see it.
Again this is dumb, because if you legitmately wanted them to be successful you'd wait until the angle plays out before judging it.

Yes, after 18 years of watching the greatest wrestling and the fucking worst wrestling ever, I can form an opinion of an angle after one night..
Well aren't you super, maybe you should contact TNA as a creative consultant, take your magic 8 ball with you.

I never lose the hope of it becoming entertaining though, and keep an open mind.. which is what i've been doing.
You've spent the entire thread saying "It's not gonna work" and "I have watched wrestling a lot so I know what angles are good and bad" your mind is closed and you're too dumb to even realise it.

Thanks for pissing me off over the internet and forcing me to write this and waste time. U Da Man!

Thanks for taking the internet so seriously that you actually got pissed off. Douche.

lol, you're a fucking idiot. WWE mark? I stated about 37 times that I want this to work.. but in MY (as in me, one person, singular, not plural, which would indicate 2 or more persons) opinion I don't think this'll work. And who says I need to give it a fucking chance? Did I want to give Dustin Runnels a chance as Seven, a fucking pedophile-ish character.. fuck no. I reserve the right to determine whether or not I like something on the 1st day or the last day of it's existence. It's annoying, biased, dumb mother fuckers like you who take all skepticism towards TNA (and WWE "marks" are bad for it too) and instead of catching a glimpse of another view point you automatically point a finger.. "U SLOWCHING DOOSCHE BAGG!" the fuck out of there with that nonsense.

Scenarios I thought of ?

- These guys turn on each other and a whole bunch of swerves happen (looking at you Russo).. how is this any good at all? This'll become one big cluster fuck.. like nearly everything else. WWF had crash tv during the attitude era (crash tv = cluster fuck) and the only reason it really worked was because of the talent. The writing, for the most part, was terrible. Considering the performers, the writing better be fucking magnificent. Since you're such a smart ass TNA mark (ohhh SNAPZ!) why dont you write for them? you seem confident.

All i've said was I hope they succeed.. I just don't see it. Yes, after 18 years of watching the greatest wrestling and the fucking worst wrestling ever, I can form an opinion of an angle after one night.. I never lose the hope of it becoming entertaining though, and keep an open mind.. which is what i've been doing. Thanks for pissing me off over the internet and forcing me to write this and waste time. U Da Man!

If you didn't act like a 9 year old who didn't get a candy bar at the store more people may respect you. There is no way anyone can see if this will work or it won't work. Even if you said you watched wrestling for 18 years, that still dosen't mean you can predit the future. You may also wanna stop contradicting yourself when you say you hope the angle works but also saying it won't you make yourself look like an idiot.

well no shit what I think doesn't mean anything.. i'm saying.. all the possible scenarios seem unappealing.. but it's just my opinion. It doesn't take a blind person to figure out that this can head no where good though, or at least anywhere beneficial. Do you honestly think recreating ECW, running an ECW angle, doing a PPV.. will that make TNA more known? Please tell me. All I see is overwhelming support and optimism from the guys who have these iMPACT player logos in their signatures. everyone else seems to be taking a more realistic approach to the thought process of the angle.

edit - and yea - i saw the police officers.. they did absolutely nothing but throw their hand up and touch their pistol.. reaaallly? If these guys were a big enough threat that a fucking locker room begins to empty because they are "not wanted/invited".. why can't the cops apprehend them THEN Dixie say "I invited them!" Wouldn't that of been a little more awesome then the cuts and editing they had to do to squeeze it in 2 hours? Just fell really flat.. but again, my opinion. i've been watching wrestling for 18 years and I just see nothing beneficial coming from this other than a month of buzz until Bound 4 Glory.. I doubt this will be mentioned by then unless is goes REALLY well.

To answer your question about recreating ECW, I don't know what to say because from what i seen so far TNA seems to do the same thing WWE did. Remember Survivor Series with Bret VS HBK when Bret Spit at Vinc's face, TNA did the same thing with Kurt spitting at Hogan's face, that didnt pull up the ratings did it??? let me see what else the whole with with Billy Gunn and Road Dogg invaded WWE, question is why is TNA keeps bringing the same storylines as WWE?? As for ECW, I dont see a point of doing a pay per view i mean seriously One Night Stand, is that the best they can come up with. Them guys they got in the company like Rhino, Raven and Stevie been with the company long enough that they ran out of ideas till Tommy Dreamer came back, what do u call that?? waste of talent!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back