The **ALL NEW** Complaint Thread - Infraction Complaints Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only joined yesterday. All of them, which was 11 I think.

Usually spammey posts get deleted... although if you'd had 11 Spam posts deleted we wouldn't be having this convo now because you'd be banned. Without knowing who deleted them (if anyone) its hard to say exactly why they were deleted, but the usual reason is that they are either spam or inappropriate in some way.

What I tend to do is if I've seen a poster getting spammy, but hasn't been warned yet, I'll give them a warning for one of their post, but remove the other post so they don't get hit with infractions for those.

I don't think it's fair for someone to get three infractions in a row without even reading their first warning yet, so this is something Shadow might have done. If someone removed your post, it was probably to keep you from getting further infractions before you read your first warning.

Jake or Jonny will take care of it. If it's not taken care of in the next few days, I'll PM one of them for ya.

I frequent another message board which, quite frankly, carries no punishment at all for rule infractions. I mean, sure, people get banned every now and then for stepping to far out of line, but I've never known any moderator to hand out a lifetime ban, and those little taps on the shoulder does nothing to make a certain few members stop stirring up trouble. I applaud the moderators here for taking a more proactive stance to rule breaking, but I can't help but feel the moderation of this forum has been taken a bit to far.

You see, I received a rule infraction for posting this:

SuperXero said:
I'd like to see Raven, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Mike Tenay, Jerry Lynn, and America's Most Wanted all inducted one day if they haven't been already.

Now is that a short post? It's a pretty big sentence, but it's pretty short overall. The topic was superstars we'd like to see in a TNA Hall of Fame. I believe I answered that question. I didn't simply list one or two names. I answered the question in a clear and complete sentence. It may be short, but it's not spam. I believe it should be clear what spam is and what spam is not. It would also be nice if everyone had the time to write out detailed and well planned responses but we simply don't. This is a web based message forum, not an army regiment. As long as no one is making statements totally unrelated to the topic at hand, and giving clear legible responses to everything, I don't see a problem, and I feel that the moderators here should rethink the rules. The key to establishing a good relationship between mods such as yourself and your forum members is not to talk down to them, and not to make them feel inferior to you. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that I am very much inferior to the moderators here. Now I understand that it is quite easy for one to get somewhat of a "cyber ego" when put in a position such as this. When I first started moderating forums on the net and leading gaming clans I had the same issue. Over time I actually learned that there's no reason to make yourself look any more important than the rest of the members and to treat them with respect. I'm sorry, but I do not feel like I was treated with respect after receiving not a warning, but an infraction on what amounts to only about my third day of posting here just because I did not give explicit reasoning as to why AJ Styles, AMW, and Mike Tenay should be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame, as if any reason is really necesary.

Now as you can see here, and here at: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=276761#post276761 I post well thought out material and do not enjoy being considered a spammer. In fact, I have never been considered a spammer and this is probably the only message board which has ever had to hand out a rule infraction towards me. You people need to seriously rethink your policy for the betterment of this message board and loose that "if you don't like it, get out" attitude, because that never works for anywhere.

You received a warning for that post, not an infraction. You most Likely got the warning because you just gave a list of superstars that you would like to see in the HOF, but you didn't give any details or any reasons behind your post at all. The next time you post any type of list, give some kind of detail to go with your selections, a few words or a short phrase will do.

I appreciate you setting me straight. It was clearly my mistake in that I misread the private message, however, I still feel that it is stubborn to not take into consideration the issues that so many people have with your message board. Without them, there wouldn't be a forums.wrestlezone.com.

It's like I've explained to many members in the past. There are other Message Boards that don't have such strict rules as we do... however they are not shooting for the sort of community that we are. We want a community of intelligent posters that have great discussions and debates about wrestling (and non-wrestling) topics. One of the only way to achieve this is to have strict Spamming Rules. I'm sorry if some members don't like it, and I'm sorry if some people dont like the "deal with it or get out" policy. The fact is though that the entire staff agrees that these are the best rules for us at this time and I wouldn't even consider changing the rules unless the staff first petitioned for it, and so far none of our staff members have ever expressed any dislike for the strong spamming rule.

Does nobody here at WZ have any say when it comes to how this board is run unless they are part of the staff or have 5000 posts?

Does nobody here at WZ have any say when it comes to how this board is run unless they are part of the staff or have 5000 posts?

Sorry if we dont take complaints from people who have actually gotten infractions deservedly seriously. This is the exact problem here, the only people that complain about the rules are the people that break them. I've probably seen one or two people who have never broken the rules make a negative comment about them. If a large percentage of the member base got together and petitioned against the Spamming Rules of course we would have to consider it.

However the reason the staff are responsible for the rules and such is because thats their job. Like I said, if it was a large number of people that hadn't broken the rules then we would definitely think about it but considering its the odd people here and there that get infractions and can't seem to understand why that complain the most.

People might not like it, but this really is the type of situation where if you don't like it, just leave. I have explained with perfect clarity why exactly our rules on spamming are strict, and the only response I get is a sarcasm bitch fest that this board has some elitist policy. Thats the reason the staff respond to these posts with a bad attitude, is because thats exactly what they get in the first place.

Yes. If you have an intelligent suggestion. Were open to new ideas. Although I doubt yours are ones we would consider.

EDIT: Hey I have 7,000 posts.

It's like I've explained to many members in the past. There are other Message Boards that don't have such strict rules as we do... however they are not shooting for the sort of community that we are. We want a community of intelligent posters that have great discussions and debates about wrestling (and non-wrestling) topics. One of the only way to achieve this is to have strict Spamming Rules. I'm sorry if some members don't like it, and I'm sorry if some people dont like the "deal with it or get out" policy. The fact is though that the entire staff agrees that these are the best rules for us at this time and I wouldn't even consider changing the rules unless the staff first petitioned for it, and so far none of our staff members have ever expressed any dislike for the strong spamming rule.

Not being rude, but isnt that because the Mod staff MORE THAN LIKELY dont really have to follow the same rules? The reason Mods never complain about it is because they dont have to worry about spamming because more than likely they arent going to give themselves infractions. If the only voices that are going to be heard are the Mod's, then nothing will ever get changed or looked at twice. Dont get me wrong, I think 100% of the staff are great and do their job to the fullest. Some of the Admin's comments can be out of place - but I would probably do the same as them If I were an admin - because they can and we are led to believe that there is nothing wrong with that.

I recently got another infraction, and I completely agree with it since I got it. This is not an attempt to get back at an admin or mod. I just dont see why there is a complaint thread when you've clearly said your opinion doesnt matter if you arent a mod.

Not being rude, but isnt that because the Mod staff MORE THAN LIKELY dont really have to follow the same rules? The reason Mods never complain about it is because they dont have to worry about spamming because more than likely they arent going to give themselves infractions. If the only voices that are going to be heard are the Mod's, then nothing will ever get changed or looked at twice. Dont get me wrong, I think 100% of the staff are great and do their job to the fullest. Some of the Admin's comments can be out of place - but I would probably do the same as them If I were an admin - because they can and we are led to believe that there is nothing wrong with that.

Thats quite possibly the stupidest remark regarding the staff I have seen to date. The staff have had to follow the rules since they became members here, and each of the staff members follow the board rules to the letter. We as staff are given the job of running this forum have we see fit... not some idiots that have gotten a few infractions and now think the spamming rule needs to be changed, when if they hadn't spammed they would not have a problem with it.

This isn't a thread to debate the way this forum is run, it's a thread for people to complain about infractions they have gotten. So I'd appreciate it if the discussion was kept this way.

How hasnt it? People complain about their infraction, mods and staff disagree and its never over-ruled. How is that not on subject? And I didn't mean they dont have to follow the same rules literally.

You obviously haven't done your research. There have been at least two occasions where I personally have reversed an Infraction (there was one only a couple of weeks ago) just because you personally didn't see it happen doesn't mean that it doesn't.

Stating that the Mods should not be the people making the decisions around here when it comes to rules and such isn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread is for someone who has received an Infraction to come and ask why they have gotten that Infraction if they do not understand why. Like I said before the people/way in which this forum is run is not up for discussion in this particular thread... your nonsense could stop someone from getting decent feedback from a staff member... so this time I am telling you either stop debating this in this specific thread or you'll start to get more infractions and correct me if I'm wrong but the next one your receive will mean a week ban for you.

Then why dont you make a thread based on infraction complaints? Maybe 1 or 2 out 42 of these messages deal with something other than an infraction and probably same with the other thread except it had hundreds of replies. How many other problems have you ever had to deal with on these forums then infractions complaints? No one is telling anyone else how to run the forum but someone clearly isnt seeing whats going on. I dont understand why you ask people to share their complaints but dont even second look it at the end of the day.

Edit: All right, Im not going to discuss and argue this anymore. I am just going to drop it and keep my mouth shut. Im not getting out what I am trying to say anyway, but sorry for going on. I am done. You're right - you win.

this is kind of a complaint but not really more just a suggestion, but i think the pay per view dicussion shud be moved into the WWE and TNA forums... its just a thought because that forum seems so messy wid all the topic. but i duno if its easyier to keep it that way or create new PPV sub forums in all the brands i jus think it would be easier to navigate that way

And why did you feel the need to post this in here? Why not just wait until you have ten posts and simply post the suggestion. This Thread is for asking why you have been given a warning. You obviously pay absolutely no attention to the first post in this thread, so have a nice shiny Infraction.

why did max123 get banned he didnt spam but got banned for it????

he is angry coz hes part of wzcw and sent an email to you guys asking why he didnt get a reply so i thought id ask for him

This forum is a little strict. And it's kinda ******ed. I've gotten 2 infractions since joining for spamming.
FYI, I've been a part of plenty forums. I don't spam

The first infraction, was me replying to someone in the "Who needs a new finisher thread" about when Kennedy uses the top rope roll move. 1 infraction...

Then when someone brings up Hogan in the Nash thread, I responded to that.

If i Posted "I like cheese" on a part of the forum, thats spamming. I did nothing harmful to the forum.

So in conclussion, chill the fuck out.

Thanks.
Vince

This forum is a little strict. And it's kinda ******ed. I've gotten 2 infractions since joining for spamming.
FYI, I've been a part of plenty forums. I don't spam

Just because you are part of other forums, doesn't mean you don't spam. The rules here are probably different from the other forums you belong to. I suggest you read them again so you don't confuse them with other forums.

The first infraction, was me replying to someone in the "Who needs a new finisher thread" about when Kennedy uses the top rope roll move. 1 infraction...

Then when someone brings up Hogan in the Nash thread, I responded to that.

If i Posted "I like cheese" on a part of the forum, thats spamming. I did nothing harmful to the forum.

First of all, both infractions you received were from an Admin- the highest level of staff we have here. For what it's worth, I reviewed both posts and they were spam. I've seen worse, but they were still spam. They were not harmful or rediculous posts, but they were still outside of the rules (no matter how ******ed they may be) of the forum.

So in conclussion, chill the fuck out.

Why add this? Asking the staff to "chill the fuck out" probably won't put you in anyone's good graces.

If I don't have permission to post this then please delete.

My apoligies. Won't happen again.

Sorry to go off topic, but did someone just say that possibly Hulk Hogan is going to go to TNA? If you did, then it might be safe for you to look for money in the middle of a highway.

Sorry to go off topic. Conclusion. Spam.

Kennedy has the green bay plunge. He hasn't used a swanton in quite some time.

I don't like MVP's move. Make it a Big Boot or something.

Give reasons. Conclusion. Spam.

My apoligies. Won't happen again.

Too right. Chill the fuck out.

I got my first infraction a few weeks ago. It was on a post that apparently was only three sentences but it was too short. I went back to see what I wrote, but it was deleted. It was a nice post, relevant to conversation. Yet, I have been banned for a few weeks. I would really like to ask Glenn some very relevant questions. Thank you. Now that I know these rules I have no problem abiding to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back