Strikeforce LD: The Last Emperor vs. The Tire Salesman

Funny how Miller said he was gonna wait for Shields to run out steam, when he's the one gasping for some air! He's still hanging in there though, glad I'm not judging this fight!

I think there's potential for Rogers to get the KO.

Of course, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Good fight, Rogers put up more of a fight then I expected.

I'll go ahead and say it now. I think Lesnar can beat Fedor.

Brock would end up like either Rogers or Mark Coleman/Hong-Man Choi (losing via arm bar). Though, if Lesnar could lay and pray without getting caught like Shields did against Mayhem, then that's the only way he could pull it off.

Anyway, Rogers put up a much better fight than expected as said; however, he lost my respect with his ridiculous interview afterward.

I'll give a full review of the show in the MMA Section a little later.

I legit thought Fedor was gonna lose. I was fucking impressed by Rodgers. I'll throw in my 2 cents in the actual thread tomorrow.

Brock would end up like either Rogers or Mark Coleman/Hong-Man Choi (losing via arm bar). Though, if Lesnar could lay and pray without getting caught like Shields did against Mayhem, then that's the only way he could pull it off.
I've only seen both Brock and Fedor fight a couple of times...but look how much trouble Fedor had with Rogers' size and strength. And Rogers wanted to stand up with Fedor...what would Fedor do if a high quality wrestler were to take him down and be on top of him all fight long?

And do you think Rogers is better than Lesnar?

I've only seen both Brock and Fedor fight a couple of times...but look how much trouble Fedor had with Rogers' size and strength. And Rogers wanted to stand up with Fedor...what would Fedor do if a high quality wrestler were to take him down and be on top of him all fight long?

Firstly, Fedor's beaten much bigger fighters than both Lesnar and Rogers, so size isn't really an issue when it comes to Fedor. He defeated Zuluzinho (6 ft 7, 390 pounds) in just 26 seconds, he defeated Choi Hong-man (7 ft 2 in, 319 pounds) in just 2 minutes, he beat Tim Sylvia (6 ft 8, 265 pounds at the time) in just 40 seconds, and so on and so on.

And as far as the fight with Rogers, I didn't see Fedor in trouble once. His nose was cut before the fight even started, I read, so that jab creating that deep of a cut was a fluke. And then... the ground and pound part... Rogers only landed a couple of those shots, and Fedor was just setting him up the whole time for the armbar anyway. Outside of those two moments (1 jab and about 4 GNP shots), Fedor completely dominated that first round. He took Rogers down twice, and rocked him on the feet.

Anyway, the reason I think Fedor would beat Lesnar is because Lesnar's not a good stand-up fighter, at all. That was shown against Mir, where Mir kicked his ass on the feet. And on the ground... if you follow Fedor's career, there's no one slicker when it comes to catching someone out of nowhere with a submission. I just don't think Lesnar could go 3 or 5 rounds against Fedor without getting caught with something. He would have to be really defensive, and that's not Lesnar's style. He's a very aggressive fighter and that plays right into Fedor's game.

And do you think Rogers is better than Lesnar?

No, but I don't think Rogers is better than a lot of Fedor's other victims as well, so that's really irrelevant.

Firstly, Fedor's beaten much bigger fighters than both Lesnar and Rogers, so size isn't really an issue when it comes to Fedor. He defeated Zuluzinho (6 ft 7, 390 pounds) in just 26 seconds, he defeated Choi Hong-man (7 ft 2 in, 319 pounds) in just 2 minutes, he beat Tim Sylvia (6 ft 8, 265 pounds at the time) in just 40 seconds, and so on and so on.
Yes, but did those guys possess the athleticism Lesnar does? I know Sylvia doesn't, and I've never seen the other two.

And as far as the fight with Rogers, I didn't see Fedor in trouble once.
Rogers won Round One. :shrug:

His nose was cut before the fight even started, I read, so that jab creating that deep of a cut was a fluke. And then... the ground and pound part... Rogers only landed a couple of those shots, and Fedor was just setting him up the whole time for the armbar anyway. Outside of those two moments (1 jab and about 4 GNP shots), Fedor completely dominated that first round. He took Rogers down twice, and rocked him on the feet.
Dominate? Not even close. Rogers was pushing him up against the fence, hit him with several knees and punches, and was never in ANY danger of losing the fight in the first round, with the exception of one punch.

Anyway, the reason I think Fedor would beat Lesnar is because Lesnar's not a good stand-up fighter, at all. That was shown against Mir, where Mir kicked his ass on the feet.
I don't think Lesnar would try to stand up with Fedor.

And on the ground... if you follow Fedor's career, there's no one slicker when it comes to catching someone out of nowhere with a submission. I just don't think Lesnar could go 3 or 5 rounds against Fedor without getting caught with something. He would have to be really defensive, and that's not Lesnar's style. He's a very aggressive fighter and that plays right into Fedor's game.
That's assuming Fedor could fight on his back against Lesnar and not get beaten.

At the end of the day, Fedor is still just a human. He can be knocked out too, and I think (with the limited fights I've seen), a guy with Lesnar's size, strength, and athleticism would give him difficulty, especially if the fight would be on the ground.

Yes, but did those guys possess the athleticism Lesnar does? I know Sylvia doesn't, and I've never seen the other two.

No, but you didn't bring up athleticism, only size/strength.

And even so, athleticism is only useful to take someone down, and I've admitted that Lesnar would be able to do that (though he wouldn't be able to do it at will like he did against Herring and Mir). However, I still don't think he would survive on the ground with him because of the way Fedor scrambles around, improves his position, and pulls off submissions out of literally nowhere.

Rogers won Round One. :shrug:

You're the only person I've seen say that, and I lurked a couple of different MMA forums for a good hour last night.

Dominate? Not even close. Rogers was pushing him up against the fence, hit him with several knees and punches, and was never in ANY danger of losing the fight in the first round, with the exception of one punch.

Any punch Rogers hit Fedor with didn't even do anything. The mount Rogers had was good, but it came off of Fedor's aggression and Fedor had the mount for the last minute or so of the round, so that's irrelevant. Fedor also rocked Rogers with the left hook as I said, and he took him down twice.

Now to compare that with what Rogers did... he had the jab, the punches in the mount and some work against the cage. That gives Fedor the edge in my book, especially since Fedor was the aggressor, landed the harder shot and had Brett playing defense for almost the entire round. When someone is holding someone against the cage, they're on the defensive usually, and that's exactly what Rogers was on. Also, Rogers gassed himself out doing that, so it played out in Fedor's favor anyway.

I think if you watch the replay, you've come to a different conclusion on this.

I don't think Lesnar would try to stand up with Fedor.

He would have to, eventually. Fedor's not Heath Herring.

That's assuming Fedor could fight on his back against Lesnar and not get beaten.

He's been able to do it against everyone else. And while I know everyone else isn't Brock Lesnar, there's no reason to fully believe Lesnar would be any different. I'm not saying Lesnar has zero chance of defeating Fedor, but I think people underestimate just how good Fedor is because he hasn't fought in the UFC. Lesnar has looked damn impressive in his last 3 fights, but that shouldn't be enough for anyone to think he would beat Fedor.

To be honest, until Lesnar and Fedor actually fight, the only way I would start to drink the kool-aid of Lesnar beating Fedor is if he manhandled Big Nog like he did Herring/Mir, which is a fight we could get by the summer

At the end of the day, Fedor is still just a human. He can be knocked out too, and I think (with the limited fights I've seen), a guy with Lesnar's size, strength, and athleticism would give him difficulty, especially if the fight would be on the ground.

And I think Fedor's takedown defense, harddest hitting fist in the sport, and his Sambo would give Lesnar a lot of difficulty. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back