• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Daley LD - Mean Mugging and Cheap Shotting

Daley was fucked though. He could barely get up after the fight was done. May have been a tad premature, but either way Daley was done.

Daley was still active and moving. He certainly was moving more than Lesnar vs. Carwin which was never stopped.

Yet he couldn't even get up? He stayed on the ground for like half a minute after the fight was over. He never even protested the stoppage.

Bullshit he wasn't he was turtled and eating shot after shot after shot. Daley was still active and moving. Diaz is full of shit saying "I wasn't hurt"

Whatever man, Daley was pretty much out, did you see him flop to the ground. Diaz was dropped but not hurt as bad as Daley, Besides it didn't seem like a lot of Daley's strikes when Diaz was grounded got through clean.

Does it really matter though? Diaz would've put him away within the first 2 mins of the second round anyways.

edit: pretty much what Fizz said too, Daley didn't get up right away, and didn't protest it.

Yet he couldn't even get up? He stayed on the ground for like half a minute after the fight was over. He never even protested the stoppage.

Who cares, the fight was over, why move? It's not like protesting is going to get the decision overturned. You're missing the point, Diaz was turtled up and taking shot after shot after shot and the fight wasn't stopped.

If you're going to call it, call it the same way, you cannot say Diaz was defending himself and Daley wasn't. Turtling up and absorbing head shots with your head and hands while you cover yourself isn't a defense.

As quickly as McCarthy called it against Daley, I've seen him call it for people in Diaz' position. Especially when they've been rocked 3 times in one fight.

Cung Le/Silva? That's the fight you want to see more than any other? Jesus christ I hate these guys.......

How am I missing the point? Diaz never flopped to the ground like Daley. He wasn't even turtled up for long. Daley's legs were swinging wildly in the air but that's about it for the movement. It was not the "horrible" decision you are making it out to be.

Whatever man, Daley was pretty much out, did you see him flop to the ground. Diaz was dropped but not hurt as bad as Daley, Besides it didn't seem like a lot of Daley's strikes when Diaz was grounded got through clean.

Does it really matter though? Diaz would've put him away within the first 2 mins of the second round anyways.

I'm sure you said the same thing about Lesnar vs. Carwin. Lesnar wasn't doing anything but eating blow after blow after blow. He flopped to the ground, yes, but that happens in MMA all the time. Should I remind you of Edgar vs. Maynard 2?

Did Maynard finish Edgar 2 minutes in to the second round?

I'm sure you said the same thing about Lesnar vs. Carwin. Lesnar wasn't doing anything but eating blow after blow after blow. He flopped to the ground, yes, but that happens in MMA all the time. Should I remind you of Edgar vs. Maynard 2?

Did Maynard finish Edgar 2 minutes in to the second round?

Maynard isn't half the striker Diaz is though.

Maynard isn't half the striker Diaz is though.

This is irrelevant. Maynard wobbled the shit out of Edgar to the point where he couldn't stand TWICE and the fight was not called.

Let me try this a different way.

When you have a title fight like that with 3 seconds left in the round and Daley still moving on the ground. Give Diaz those three seconds and if he hasn't knocked him out in that time, see if Daley can answer the bell. If Daley cannot answer the bell or stand, you call the fight. Regardless of whether or not Daley sat there AFTER the fight was over, he was still active while Diaz was trying to finish the fight. You don't call a fight from stack position while another fighter is flopping around and trying to avoid punches.

Fantastic show.

Gil is the best Lightweight in the World, no doubt in my mind. He would destroy Frankie, Maynard, and Miller.

Mousasi got robbed, imo. As the announcers said, Jardine got the takedowns, but did NOTHING with him. He landed a total of 2 strikes on the ground throughout the first two rounds, and there's no doubt Mousasi won every exchange on the feet. Mousasi won that fight 29-27. Also, surprised no one pointed out that that point deduction was a crock of shit to begin with. That should have been a warning, not a point deduction.

Shinya Aoki. That is all.

And I might be biased, but that was a fine stoppage by Big John. Daley was stumbling to get to his stool well after a minute the fight was called. His lights were on, but his legs were COMPLETELY out. Diaz deserved the win.

Nick Diaz is up there with Drew Brees as my favorite athlete in all of sports. The guy never lets me down. Awesome performance tonight, and I can't wait to see him fight again. Hopefully that big paycheck is coming his way. A part of me is now hoping Shields loses to GSP so Diaz could end up being the one to dethrone him.

Fantastic show.

Gil is the best Lightweight in the World, no doubt in my mind. He would destroy Frankie, Maynard, and Miller.

Mousasi got robbed, imo. As the announcers said, Jardine got the takedowns, but did NOTHING with him. He landed a total of 2 strikes on the ground throughout the first two rounds, and there's no doubt Mousasi won every exchange on the feet. Mousasi won that fight 29-27. Also, surprised no one pointed out that that point deduction was a crock of shit to begin with. That should have been a warning, not a point deduction.

Shinya Aoki. That is all.

And I might be biased, but that was a fine stoppage by Big John. Daley was stumbling to get to his stool well after a minute the fight was called. His lights were on, but his legs were COMPLETELY out. Diaz deserved the win.

Nick Diaz is up there with Drew Brees as my favorite athlete in all of sports. The guy never lets me down. Awesome performance tonight, and I can't wait to see him fight again. Hopefully that big paycheck is coming his way. A part of me is now hoping Shields loses to GSP so Diaz could end up being the one to dethrone him.

I was going to point out that the point deduction was a crock of shit, but I had to see the replay and by that time we had already moved on to Mousasi picking him apart so I thought it wouldn't matter.

Too me, it was a very active guard that just "happened" to catch Jardine as an upkick. Mike Chiappatta was right when he said to me via Twitter that you need to make DAMN sure that it was an intentional foul worthy of a point deduction in a three round fight. There's just not enough time to make up for that. You, literally, need a 10-8 round yourself or a stoppage. Bad point deduction by an, otherwise, BADASS looking ref.

One final thought from tonight's Strikeforce.

botnik.jpg

l73ktg-b78675878z.120100813083710000gjdpru8f.1.jpg

The stoppage was bullshit. Daley was moving fine and there were like 2 seconds left. They could've stopped the fight easily if he couldn't continue after the round had finished.

Strikeforce blows UFC out of the water. Damn shame they got purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back