• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DREAM.15 LD

Wow... QUICK fight!

Jake O'Brien went for the takedown right away, Mousasi snubbed it, and then got a Guillotine Choke. Over just like that, about 20-30 seconds in.

Fucking intermission time. I'm too tired for this shit!

Anyways, JZ Cavalcante vs. Katsunori Kikuno is up next. Let's go Kikuno!

Okay, had me some Ramen Noodles, so I'm fully refreshed.

Caol Uno is coming out to announce something, and he's coming out to Smells like Teen Spirit. Some awesome entrance music tonight.

His announcement was that he's fighting at DREAM.16, in a Featherweight bout. He says it might be his last fight.

Very close first round. JZ scored a couple of takedowns, but he couldn't do anything with them. Kikuno did a great job scrambling to his feet soon after being taken down. And on the feet Kikuno landed some gorgeous body kicks and was the more aggressive fighter. So, while it was close, I still give the first round to Kikuno.

Well, the 2nd Round wasn't so close. JZ took Kikuno down right away and controlled him the entire round, taking his back and worked for the RNC pretty much the rest of the round. Thankfully he never got it, but this is going to be a hard one to judge, that's for sure.

For those who didn't see... Aoki immediately went for the takedown, and when he couldn't get it, he locked in a Achilles Lock and never let go. It took about a minute, but he got Kawajiri to finally tap. It was beautiful.

This show was 4 fucking hours, and I could not be more tired right now, but I'd be damned if it wasn't worth it. Great, great, great, great fucking show, guys. It's right behind UFC 116 as the best MMA show so far this Summer.

But yeah... Aoki <3. So, so happy he won. I was talking so much shit to Marquis (who HATES Aoki), and he was talking so much shit to me, and it just felt oh so good to be able to rub this in his face. Definitely looking forward to DREAM.16, where Shinya Aoki will fight again and will avenge his previous loss to Gilbert Melendez. :D

Very very happy with Mousasi, and Aoki. Big fan of them both, and it was great to see them both win again. My first Dream card, and I almost fell asleep on my keyboard, but it was worth it. Will watch the next one for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back