• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce On CBS LD: There Are No Shields For The Big Right Hand

Wow. I just got home from work so I haven't seen Mousasi's or Milendez's fights. I seen Mo won by decision though. Thats a shocker. Was it a victory well deserved?

Definitely...King Mo was a one-dimensional "lay and pray" fighter, he seemed to have no idea how to get past the guard, and when he did, what to do after passing the guard...and he still completely outfought Mousasi.

Should tell you how badly Mousasi fought.

Definitely...King Mo was a one-dimensional "lay and pray" fighter, he seemed to have no idea how to get past the guard, and when he did, what to do after passing the guard...and he still completely outfought Mousasi.

Should tell you how badly Mousasi fought.

Wow. After the destruction of Babalu, I was totally convinced Mousasi would be the champ for a while. Shame he had to lose to Mo though, nothing against him, but were gonna here about it in every interview he has from now on.

Shields is running a BJJ clinic out on Hendo. If Shield wins this he has to get a spot on the p4p list.

This is good and bad for Strikeforce.

It's good because it gives Strikeforce some more credibility as a legitimate promotion. It's bad because all three fights went to decision, and Shields' victory over Henderson was not an "exciting" one, and thus may cost them viewers.

Hell Yeah! I was rooting for him so hard, but I didn't think he had much of a chance. I will never doubt him again though, Shields is the man!

Did that shit really just happen on live TV? That was crazy. The whole cage was brawling.

Fucking CBS cut away and I missed what happened. All I heard was wheres my rematch buddy? Then punches.

After a fairly boring show (the first two fights were just dreadful to sit through, especially since my guys were the one getting dominated, lol), that was perhaps the greatest ending to a MMA event, ever. Lol... that was fucking nuts! And CBS showed the replay once they got back. That was cool of them.

Anyway, I'll lay down my full thoughts on the show in the official Strikeforce thread in the MMA Section either tonight or in the morning.

I was at the abomination of Red Sox/Rays games tonight, but I kept checking my phone to keep myself updated on Strikeforce and was disappointed that Mousasi lost and that Aoki/Melendez was boring. My brother and I managed to catch the last round of Hendo/Shields, and I'm pretty bummed out Hendo lost, but the fireworks afterwards, LOL.

Mayhem is an unprofessional douchebag. The UFC NEVER would have let anything like that happen, and Mayhem would have been fired on the spot by Dana for causing that ruckus. Rampage/Rashad and Mir/Lesnar hate each other, and you NEVER saw them engage in fisticuffs.

Dana looks like a fucking genius tonight. Between Hendo losing, Shields making the jump, and the card overrunning 40 minutes, PLUS the fisticuffs afterwards, the UFC looks like its on an other level from Strikeforce more than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back