Smackdown vs Raw: Storyline Designer

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
NorCal, this is mainly going out to you - but I felt like making a thread on it, incase anyone else with a 360, Smackdown and the ability to download created stories from online wanted to know.

Ever since someone's thread the other night got me thinking on giving this another shot, I decided to do so. I've finished my first Raw and will be working on Smackdown and ECW tonight (Wed).

The first week's shows should be up and posted by Thursday at the latest. I don't have a title for them yet, but will post back here if anyone is interested in downloading them and taking a look.

So, who's interested?

Alright, the first week's show(s) are now available.

It contains Raw, ECW & Smackdown.

Story Name: Road to Wrestlemania (generic, I know, but at least I didn't keep it as "CREATED STORY")

Keywords: (use these to find the show) TheOneBigWill, wz, Book This

Feedback would be appreciated for those who check it out. I've decided that this (even though it takes me roughly an hour or more to complete a single show) that I will continue doing these stories through this feature.

I haven't added any CAWs yet, but once I do I'll likely begin deleting back stories if I need the space, since you can only use 10 at a time - so be warned, incase once they get uploaded they're no longer available for future use, for some reason due to me deleting the ones on my end.

I wish more would have been explained about Edge but that will be answered in the next one, if there is another I am sure. I was also intrigued by the reason you built up JoMo and Miz and then the way their match played out. Im trying not to spoil anything for those who may play it.

NorCal, because against better judgment money and a sandwich of my choice just isn't enough to walk/drive through all the snow that I may face..

I have decided for your entertainment, that I'm going to write out/type out (whatever) my stories and explain what happens in text, what others can see by downloading them. This may also help those who're playing, to understand how selective individuals can win over others.

If you ever get the opportunity to do it though, you should truly download this and tell me what you think.

at some point, im sure I will scrape together the juvenation to hook uo all this shit, so I wouldnt worry. Likely when the spring comes and I havent had weeks of fuck ass snow storms forcing things I have to get done to pile up

I wish more would have been explained about Edge but that will be answered in the next one, if there is another I am sure.

The Edge situation will indeed play out in further shows leading up to the Royal Rumble.

I was also intrigued by the reason you built up JoMo and Miz and then the way their match played out. Im trying not to spoil anything for those who may play it.

This has an alternative storyline as well, but probably not one that makes sense as to why they were in the Tag team chase. The only explanation I have is that this game and the WWE for that matter = shit all for any type of tag teams. (keep in mind, I still have like 4 more teams to come, in the mini tournament leading to the Rumble.)

I pipe in my cheers and boos. :lmao: During most of my cut-screens I have the fans either chanting, cheering, booing or gasping.

I mean during the entrances. and matches.

and yes, I do the same thing too, with my cut scenes. Mine are like yours, entirely built up like real shows. I would likely put a bit more effort in for shows if I uploaded them , just to ensure realism and polish.

I mean during the entrances. and matches.

and yes, I do the same thing too, with my cut scenes. Mine are like yours, entirely built up like real shows. I would likely put a bit more effort in for shows if I uploaded them , just to ensure realism and polish.

Mine are a bit more "intense" as far as realism is concerned. I don't have any segments dedicated to stupidity with Hornswoggle/Chavo/Santino skits. Albeit, from time to time if I feel like I need to waste more than upwards of 2 hours on building them.. I'll throw one in. :lmao:

The biggest thing for me that takes time, is trying to place everything. Mainly I go..

Opening
Commentary address
backstage segment/in-ring promo/match

then I try to alternate between promos, backstage segments, and matches.

My ending is normally..

Main Event Wrestler interview
Main Event match
Closing segment for the show.

I don't know if I could ever end a show on a promo, for example - McMahon/Hart, although I'm sure if I do this long enough I will.

ANYONE WHO KNOWS: I have already uploaded the first week of shows. I'm currently making the 2nd week, but I'm saving it onto what I had originally - so when I re-upload it, I'd assume it'll be the same exact thing only with even more shows.

So, for those who've watched the first week, would they have to play through that entire first week to get to the 2nd (new) week?

If so, I'm likely gonna start doing 3 shows, upload, then begin an alternative "story" but it'll just be following the original story. If that makes sense. That way people only have to upload from week to week. Pay per views will be done by themselves as well.

It depends on the show for me.

RAW goes

Opening
Segment
Match
Segment
Match
Segment
Match
Segment
Match

ECW
Opening
Match
Segment
Match
Match

SD
Opening
Match
Match
Segment
Match
Match
Segment
Match
Match

Obviously, this can vary from time to time, but 90% of the time, this is how it goes. I hate booking RAW with a passion :lmao:

Obviously, this can vary from time to time, but 90% of the time, this is how it goes. I hate booking RAW with a passion :lmao:

:lmao: Considering Raw has 1 more match than the hour long ECW, roughly meaning 2 matches per hour, I'd say so.

Typically, my shows also have the following.

Raw: 3-5 storylines, if not more.

ECW: 2-3 storylines, likely not more. Its only an hour, afterall.

Smackdown: 3-4, sometimes 5 storylines.

I have also come into contact with what you mentioned earlier, about the severe lack of a mid-card on this game. Not until earlier tonight, did I realize how incredibly hard it is, to build two shows with 8 man tournaments consisting only of mid-carders and trying as hard as possible, not to include tag teams also going at the same time.

The first month of every new game/show I make, when starting out/all over again - I typically put together a series of tournaments to crown Champions. Instead of just having them, without explanation. This makes things difficult at times, because of the lack of options.

Also, considering 80% of my CAW pool is being reserved for a storyline that won't even begin until a slightly later point in time.. makes it hard as well.

Oh yea man, I dig ya. I cant imagine how difficult that is, since I scrapped the tag division pretty much the first time I turned on the game :lmao:

If I had a deeper CAW pool I may have a go at it, buuuut. I dont. Lulz.

You guys have actually inspired me to pick up a copy of SvR2010

The create a storyline feature intrigues me

Hey, you're speaking to someone who wrote it off about 1 month into buying the game and only just recently giving it the proper time to decide whether its worth it or not.

A lot of people complain about GM mode not being in, but the fact is.. THIS IS GM MODE. While its a type of modified version, it has everything GM mode had - minus the built-in storylines.

It takes the outlay of the show, and gives you complete control over putting in matches, segments, promos, backstage stuff, all from top to bottom. The only thing you have to do - is design your own storylines and play them out.

The only thing I dislike about story designer is the fact that it limits how many CAWs you use, and it even has a limit on matches made, segments created and all of that. (granted, with exception of the 10 caw limit - only being able to use 10 in your story - the matches and segments limit is like upwards of the 1,000 range I think.)

Yea, i like it. I just wish they would infuse a few of the better things from GM mode with this. Like

TV ratings and buyrates

Popularity ratings for wrestlers and shows

Give me pyro openings for EVERY show, not just WM, SD, ECW, and RAW (I was highly confused why they just decided "eh, fuck it, thats enough")

Let me use the music from the soundtrack and my own hard drive for show, and for segments involving CAWS (dont you love not being able to have your CAWS interrupt promos properly?)

and of course, get rid of the CAW limits (although I dont think they can, AND its very easily gotten around, you just have to break your shows up more)

Yea, the mid card is a damn bitch, especially the dire lack of faces. Like if I want 2-3 competitve matches, and then two matches to make a couple of heels look strong, im pretty much fucked. and this is WITHOUT a tag division.

Also, if you notice, if a CAW is a champ, and comes to the ring wearing a robe/jacket, the belt clips like a motherfucker. How the FUCK do you let a game reach the shelves like that? Ugh, man.

uuuuuuuhhh. Doubting that highly Barabosa. Nintendo thinks "HEY PEOPLE GET TO LIKE, SWING THE FUCK OUTTA THIS THING LIKE THEY ARE IN THE GAME THATS FUN, WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT DEPTH OF FLESHED OUT GAMEPLAY!!! ITS LIKE YOU ACTUALLY HAAAVE TH SWORD IN YOUR FUCKING HAND MAN!!!!"

uuuuuuuhhh. Doubting that highly Barabosa. Nintendo thinks "HEY PEOPLE GET TO LIKE, SWING THE FUCK OUTTA THIS THING LIKE THEY ARE IN THE GAME THATS FUN, WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT DEPTH OF FLESHED OUT GAMEPLAY!!! ITS LIKE YOU ACTUALLY HAAAVE TH SWORD IN YOUR FUCKING HAND MAN!!!!"

They definitely have that opinion with certain titles and unfortunately SvR is usually one of them.

However, I would argue that both the PS3 and Xbox sacrifice gameplay for graphics and realism in many of their major titles, but that is for another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back