• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown Champions Discussion Thread

questionmark.jpg

Vacant

I'm glad the title's off Hornswoggle. They shouldn't reward rapists with title reigns. And after watching Smackdown I know the title will be coming back. I imagine they will crown a new champ at No Mercy. Hopefully this is the start of a new Criser era. They've had a lot of expose of late, down to Noble. So hopefully he get's a good run with the title, and hopefully there kept away from the heavyweights.​

questionmark.jpg

Vacant

It nice too see the belt of Hornswoggle as it was degrading the belt though from the looks of things Noble seems like the likely candidate to win the gold. With Noble as an agent now the crusierweight division has gotten more TV time on smackdown and maybe this be a way to turn the crusierweight division into something somewhat that the WWE cares about.

questionmark.jpg

Vacant

I was happy to see the belt taken off Hornswoggle because his little comedy act wasnt funny any more, it was like a Hogan match it was getting to repetitive. My likely candidate to win the Belt is Noble. I see him winning it in some sort of like Cw open match, or what ever that match was when Hornswoggle won. I see him feuding with Moore but i believe once Noble gets it, he will keep it for quite some time until some one is brought up or until Moore or even Chavo wants a shot.

IMO this is a terrible move, Batista is very boring and i believe he is just holding on until Edge comes back or until Taker wants his shot. I do not get this whatsoever. I believe it would have made more sense by having Khali drop it to Taker. Batista is just holding onto for a bit anyways. Its terrible how he stuck around the main event picture for a while because he is horrible in all aspects of wrestling. This title reign will be boring like his other two and it will only be a matter of time before Taker or Edge have the belt back, but i see Taker getting it back

dude yeah its understandable that he is holding it until taker (good champ) or edge get the belt back but khali was so awful nobody else on the SD! roster would fit to fill in the gap so Batista was a smart choice. and he is a pretty good showman the fans seem to like him and well i sure as hell do but im not gunna make a fuss over him losing it.

and one other thing you said batista is boring...DUDE cena is the most boring champ, yeah i used to love watching him for about 5 months and then well my interest went down hill and now i cant wait for him to lose it to ORTON!!

I think that Matt Hardy and Chavo Guerrero are the 2 superstars who could carry the United States Championship. It's only a matter of time before MVP moves up the roster to a higher level, he's got everything working for him as a great heel. I think the 2 I mentioned, especially Chavo are excellent workers who can easily carry others to great matches. Hardy could have a great feud with Finlay IMO, and Chavo could have a great feud with damn near anybody.

... MVP is probably a future world heavyweight champ... but not Matt Hardy I want him to just go home, leave it all to his brother jeff, stop wrestling, do ANYTHING to get off my t.v.

questionmark.jpg

Vacant

FINALLY! This short angle with him holding the belt was ok, But being dragged on as long as it was is ridiculous, It just goes to show that the WWE has no clue what to do with the division or even care.

I think they will leave the title vacant up until Cyber Sunday, Then have fans vote for who they want facing the winner of some Battle Royal possibly, I can see Noble getting a shot, He seems to be sort of a jobber lately so maybe not but Where the hell is Wang Yang? He goes from facing Chavo monthly to just being dropped into nowhere...Is he on "The List"? I must have missed something if so. If not Jimmy, More than likely Shannon Moore.

Hopefully, This is a start to getting the divison back on track or them just dropping it altogether.

to be honest im fed up watching batista in PPV main events. he isnt that great a wrestler and he has made smackdown really repetitive the past few months. even i could have won the title if id had as many chances as he has.

It's funny how Kane doesn't get brought up. I think Kane needs a push as a heel because when he was a heel, he was a monster, now he is a joke, who can't beat Henry and Khali while Undertaker and Batista always seem to do. I don't get it WWE. The Cruiserweight Division is dead in my opinion, because Vince I guess he doesn't like the title. If you want the Hardcore Title back, put it on all three brands where you could have Jeff Hardy as the champion, then Chavo from Smackdown shockes everyone winning the title and bringing it to Smackdown. WWE needs to have more extreme matches. C'mon Vince, make it happen!

I was happy to see the belt taken off Hornswoggle because his little comedy act wasnt funny any more, it was like a Hogan match it was getting to repetitive. My likely candidate to win the Belt is Noble. I see him winning it in some sort of like Cw open match, or what ever that match was when Hornswoggle won. I see him feuding with Moore but i believe once Noble gets it, he will keep it for quite some time until some one is brought up or until Moore or even Chavo wants a shot.

Don't forget, Gregory Helms is coming back soon. What ever happened to Super Crazy? They bring him to Raw and he disappears. They need to bring every cruiserweight in the WWE to Smackdown. It's pathetic that Cruiserweight division.

WHC: Out of what Smackdown has to offer, we have these potential candidates for the title...Undertaker, Edge, Batista, Khali, Mark Henry, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Finlay. I say, demote Henry and Khali and move up MVP. If Edge is the champ, he has Taker/Batista/Kane/Mysterio/Hardy to an extent to feud with. Kane would benefit well, I think, from a return to the shirt, mask, and long hair, where he was a dominant force and not just a bald guy with a beer gut. Batista's getting better, but he still doesn't beat out the Undertaker or Edge. Mysterio, Finlay, and Henry may never have a real credible shot at it, but they can go between the US and WHC title picture and fill in spots. Khali should be fired, lol. But anyway, I see the Undertaker and Edge controlling this spot - thankfully - and although I want to see the Undertaker have a loooong reign cause its well deserved, I think Edge would have more interesting feuds in the long run.

United States: The main players here would be MVP, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Chuck Palumbo, Chris Masters, and possibly Mark Henry as a filler. The first three are the most credible options, but frankly, I don't think Mysterio deserves it. Give the belt to someone who could grow with it more, like Hardy.

Cruiserweight: The only 3 people that are going to have a shot at the Cruiserweight title are Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, and Shannon Moore. Noble's an advisory official for the division, so I don't see him winning it, but, rather, chasing it. If that's the case, I think we'll see JWY win it in an open, then Noble eventually win it off him, and then feud with Moore.

Tag Team: As odd as it sounds, I'd rather keep the belts on Hardy/MVP for a long time. What other options do we have? Deuce & Domino are incredibly boring, the Major Bros have heat and are boring as well, and Jesse/Festus just premiered. Keep it on Hardy/MVP even after Hardy wins the US title, since they work well together.

(World)Batista-To me and alot others he is quite a snore fest. His matches aren't to exciting and he isn't the best at cutting promos. He just seems to get a push just b/c of his looks, and who his friends are. I think The Undertaker or Edge will become the new champion, just b/c I think the wwe is getting ready for a Taker & Edge feud.

(U.S)MVP-I really enjoy MVP. He is a really great athlete and is pretty good on the mic. I see MVP being a main event player sooner than expected. He draws pretty good heat and he is pretty entertaining. But I would like him to drop the U.S title soon b/c he doesnt seem to defend to much anymore. I think the next contender will most likely be Matt Hardy, if not him possibly Chuck Palambo or Mysterio.

(Tag)Matt Hardy & MVP: They are both really talented and their feud is pretty good but it should soon come to an end imo. I think they will probably loose the belts back to Deuce & Domino just b/c I dont think The Major Brothers are over enough and Jesse & Festus just started.

(Cruiser)Vacant: I dunno what they should do with this belt. I would like it to stick around but with only 4 real crusierweights right now(Noble, Moore, Funaki, & Yang) I dont think it can prosper. Even when Helms & Chavo return I don't think it will help. I think the WWE needs to get all cruiserweights over to smackdown(Supercrazy, Nunzio, Londrick) just b/c it's pointless having them where there is no title for them to contend(except maybe londrick).

Who I think should carry the championships is this. United States Championship is Jesse. And maybe world heavy wieght championship Festus!

World Batista: I am a big Batista fan so i am glad that Batista has the WHC again

US MVP: AT first i never thought MVP would win, but he did. In my opinion, ever since he has had the US Championship he has become a better wrestler

Tag: Matt Hardy and MVP: Well they are good. Both are in my top 10 fav wrestlers. They work good as a team(sometimes)

Cruiserweight Vacant: Vacant right now but i hope Jamie Noble gets it.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIOIN: BATISTA
I THINK THAT UNDERTAKER SHOULD WIN THE TITLE NEXT. the title got taken away from him because of and injury and he didn't have much of a long reign as champion and i think undertaker can have better feuds cuz he is fun and entertaining and batista is plain out BORING!

UNTIED STATES CHAMPION: MVP
obvious candidate..MATT HARDY! hes long over due and he needs to finally win a secondary title!! he could have a good reign as US CHAMP!

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: MVP/HARDY
right before matt wins the US title, they need to drop these titles to someone like deuce n domino or taylor and mcintyre..then they can compete with actual tag teams like jesse n festus and the major brothers

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION: VACANT!!
so are they just gonna forgett about the title or what??? well i think at survior series they should have a battle royal with all the criserweights including:
super crazy
nunzio
shannon moore
funaki
jamie noble
jimmy wang yang
and whoever else

I think they should they're going to make Taker win the world title at survivor series and then end the Batista/Taker feud when Batista loses is his rematch. Let Rey Mysterio and MVP have a feud over the U.S. title and let them decide it in a ladder match.

John Morrison & The Miz

ECW's John Morrison & The Miz became the first Superstars from the Land of the Extreme to strike gold thanks to SmackDown & ECW's working agreement. Morrison & Miz defeated MVP & Matt Hardy on the Nov. 16 Friday Night SmackDown to claim the gold.

John Morrison & The Miz

ECW's John Morrison & The Miz became the first Superstars from the Land of the Extreme to strike gold thanks to SmackDown & ECW's working agreement. Morrison & Miz defeated MVP & Matt Hardy on the Nov. 16 Friday Night SmackDown to claim the gold.

Crap. There was still life in MVP & Hardy as champs. I only hope that two ECW stars getting the titles leads to some sort of invasion. There's potential to be had by having some of ECWs biggest starts feud with Smackdown mid carders. But come on The Miz? Why not Elijah Burke. He at least will still be employed by the company this time next year.

I'm also hoping for an invasion angle(hopefullly better than the wcw one). Maybe Elijah can win the US title and then have mayybe Nunzio resurect the cruiseweight title? If not that maybe they just wanted to have a belt on ECW. But their isnt really any tag teams on ECW so I see Morrison & Miz competing on smackdown until they lose them. This could also be away of wwe turning one of them face and have them have like a MVP/Matt Hardy feud which I really hope doesnt happen seeing as we just had one but i wouldnt put it pass the wwe. Also i cant believe the miz finally has wwe old, when he first debuet i told myself he would never get any belts ever, boy was i wrong.??

Look on the bright side. With Miz and Morrison as Tag Champs, it looks like their tryoing to build them up evenly as ECW main eventers. Looks like CM Punk is gonna keep the gold this Sunday. Also, I'm really hoping they have a crusierweight title match. Battle Royal, Crusierweight Open, anything. I miss that belt.

ECW invades SD! and gets the tag titles. Miz and Morrison as champs should be pretty interesting. They're not the best looking team, but it certainly will give them some tv time, which Morrison has not had that much of since being suspended, and keeps Miz on TV as well. How long will they stay champs? I don't think for very long. They probably gave it to them so Hardy could finally feud with MVP for the US title and there is not many teams on either SD! or ECW.

Batista hasn't been too bad in his latest feud with Taker, they were a couple of good matches. He needs to sort out his promos because they bore me to death, it's like Lance Storm's boring gimmick, except it's not a gimmick. I'm glad Edge is back in the WHC picture as he is gold on the mic.

Please dont read everything its kinda long.

^World Champ^
"On Raw, You've got Batista with Muscle to Spare, but he got Charisma like Tomko got hair." - Christian (Cage) during Backlash '05 ranting and rapping about Main Eventers on RAW (Before He moved to Smackdown!)
See Batista to me really has only mediocore mic skills. But his matches are just incredible. Taker also has mediocore mic skills but his mathes are Legendary. I guess all the charisma is inside the ring. Edge on the other hand has The Rock level of Charisma, except only HEEL( Edge isn't a good face at all) but his in ring ability is slow paced Which over shadows his skills. Well Edge is Def good when it comes to being a target for others like a ChokeSlam to Edge is better than A ChokeSlam to Jamie Noble. So To me, These Three are the only suitable Main Eventers for Smackdown.

^US CHAMP^
The Us Champ really pushes the gimmick of MVP and it would only be reasonable that MVP keeps it. His contenders aren't really important cuz Its the Win against these Contenders and how he brags about the win.

^Cruiserweight^
nah its forgotton. Hornswoggle dont even wear it no more

^Tag Champs^
I still dont know how giving Morrison and Miz the tag champ would help them. To me Tag champs are the downgraded version of the US or the Intercontinental Champ, since most of the time its matches are in Mid-Card level. So really it only rots Morrison and Miz's character. To me Duece and Domino should get it since they are really the Only tag team in Smackdown that can be both a mid carder and a main event tag team, just because of thier sizes and gimmick.

Edge

Edge used two look-alikes to defeat Batista and Undertaker, and steal the World Heavyweight Championship at Armageddon in Pittsburgh on Sunday December 16, 2007.

Edge

Edge used two look-alikes to defeat Batista and Undertaker, and steal the World Heavyweight Championship at Armageddon in Pittsburgh on Sunday December 16, 2007.

Wow this is the most ridiculous move the WWE has done in such a long time. Edge has done nothing but help build a great feud, he has done nothing but manipulate the GM, he has done nothing but play his heel role to perfection. this has too be the worst move by the WWE in such a long time. What were they thinking giving the belt to Edge? He has done nothing but play his heel role to perfection since he has returned, he has done nothing but screw or try to screw Batista and Undertaker. Come on what were they thinking? This has to be the most idiotic move by the WWE by putting the title on the most hated heel in the WWE, and they put the belt on him in unpredictable fashion by having two clones. Wow way to go WWE. He has done nothing since his return but help and build possibly and hopefully the best Feud of 08. Way to go WWE by doing something so predictable :rolleyes: I see Edge getting dethroned at WM by none other than the Dead man, then hopefully after that match they will still run the feud for quite sometime.

Edge

Man imagine how great his original WHC run would have been if Kane hadn't injured him.

Now at least we know we'll be getting decent matches up until Mania. Hell we might even see more Smackdown main events on PPV. Not Mania mind. That's HHH's deal. But Edge as champ is great. I'm looking forward to another 'Tista/Edge match. Like Taker he's one opponent who brings out the best in him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back