Raw's 02/21/11 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name one Undertaker vignette in the history of his career where it wasn't just painfully obvious that it was him. Every time Taker makes a return after a long absence, the WWE telegraphs the shit out of it. The druids, the gong, the eerie music, usually accompanied by a creepy little girl whispering creepily...they WANT you to know when Taker is coming back and they dont want there to be any question about it. So, my challenge to anyone who chooses to accept it is simply this: find me a past Undertaker vignette that isn't OBVIOUSLY for the Dead Man. In DDP's words, "I'm beggin' ya"!

not to be an ass, but do you think it would be out of place to see a scorpion in the desert?

Are you serious? Scorpians can place their habitat pretty much anywhere. Being a wrestling fan I'm sure you seen the Rock in the Mummy? Scorpian King? both are where? That's right the desert. Hmm I don't think somebody did their homework in high school, just kidding. You heard it here Sting will appear in WWE on 2-21-2011.

If it is Undertaker, and they made him return like, just so he can face a rookie like Wade Barrett at WM ??.....

Thats why i'm looking at the big picture here, and who will he face at WM.

Thinking of the atmosphere of the vignettes all I can think of is the closing song from the movie "The Crow" called It Can't Rain All The Time...LOL. Anyway, I too am hoping it is Sting, or even Jericho, because I unfortunately like a lot of you love Taker but will still feel a little let down if it's JUST him. However I don't think it is. He may return that night, and he should, but I think there will be more to it as well. Regardless, I can't wait to see what happens, considering that yet again the "they" storyline this past week on TNA was another EPIC FAIL. Who didn't see that one coming? The only thing that TNA could do to impress me now is have Shane McMahon show up and say he bought the company...HA.

So, let me get this straight... If I can.

We know that The Undertaker has been out of action for a few months and that he is scheduled to return in time for WrestleMania. We also know that the WWE will need to build up the match in some way to get anything from it and the only way for them to accomplish that is if the Undertaker is around before WrestleMania. Perhaps the day after Elimination Chamber would make an idea time for The Undertaker to make his return. If only there was something that would lead us to believe it was him... A teaser of some sort would be adequate.

Guys, this is the Undertaker all over. I love how many people are getting on board with the idea of it being Sting and I must admit that the first time I saw the teaser I legitimately thought it could be Sting. Now though, there is nothing to support that claim. Yes, TNA removed him from their online roster but he hasn't wrested there for months anyway. According to sources form WrestleZone main page, Sting has had no contact with the WWE and that was a recent discovery. I would love for it to be Sting, I really would. However, it just isn't him. The Undertaker is scheduled to come back around that time and the arenas that broadcast Smackdown have been told to advertise the return of the Phenom... Come on, gents!

Bringing in Sting would be amazing and it might still happen, you never know. This teaser though, has The Undertaker all over it. I don't see Sting coming with him into the WWE and I don't see how anyone could to be honest.

The thing is, just like with the New York newspaper stating that Sting signed a one year deal with WWE, Meltzer's report that there hadn't been any contact between the two parties cited no source whatsoever. For a moment I lost all hope that it was Sting when I saw the second vignette, however, I had never seen the movie 'The Crow', and now hearing people bring up the fact that the title character of that film resurrects people makes it quite believable that we will see both Undertaker and Sting on Raw on the 21st. At this point, it just makes sense. I'm hoping for, and betting on (at least thus far) that, like others have said, it will be Undertaker and Sting versus Kane and Wade Barrett at WrestleMania. Of course, Sting may not have signed with WWE at all, but in my opinion, if he did, only Steve Borden, his immediate family, and the McMahon family would know about it. Internet sites frequently spoil storylines, but for the long awaited debut of Sting I think they would go the extra mile to keep it under wraps.

Vince was willing to pay $2,000,000 for Brock Lesnar to return at WMXXVII, now while that would be a big match, Sting vs Undertaker would be bigger so Vince would be willing to pay out even more than that to get this to happen (if he wants 1,000,000 WM buys he's gotta pull something out his ass between now and Wrestlemania). I just have one question as I don't know that much about Sting as I never watched WCW I always watched WWF: I know Sting was close to signing a WWE contract before but didn't want to work the schedule (i'm sure vince would put him on a mega light schedule in order to snag his man for WM) but Sting is kind of well known for being the best wrestler to never work for the WWE, has he got to such a stage now where he feels it's near the end of his career now so why succumb now when he's so close? Or do you think he will feel that he owes his fans atleast one match at the biggest wrestling ppv of all time - afterall, I believe in the past he has stated that one thing he'd like to achieve in his career is to wrestle at Wrestlemania...

Who knows, i'm sure we'll all find out in a couple of weeks!

The idea of Sting searching for Taker, to help him get his revenge on Barrett and Kane, is just too cool for WWE. I have a hard time believing that WWE would pull something that cool off right now.

...'The Crow', and now hearing people bring up the fact that the title character of that film resurrects people...
Just to clarify, the one that does the resurrecting in The Crow is the actual crow. It pecks on the guy's grave and he comes back to life. The guy who gets resurrected is who Stig's facepaint is based off of. His gimmick is based on the movie as a whole, not just one character from it.

Just to clarify, the one that does the resurrecting in The Crow is the actual crow. It pecks on the guy's grave and he comes back to life. The guy who gets resurrected is who Stig's facepaint is based off of. His gimmick is based on the movie as a whole, not just one character from it.

I see. So..it can be Sting coming from the grave ??

It just seems weird becuase if you watch both video's, there's a certain difference in the video's.

The first video: The person seemingly in walking into the cabin in pouring rain with a trechcoat.

The second video: The person appear's outside after the door open's by itself. The figure than walk's into the cabin and disappear's with seemingly wearing cowboy boot's. There's then a song with the lyrics "Aint No Grave Can Hold My Body Down."

But, comparing the video's, the first one has a certain, eerie darness to it, while the second one has a cetain supernatural Undertaker vibe to it. Both just don't seem to match in my opinion. There's just something different between the two video, but I don't know what it is.

It just seems weird becuase if you watch both video's, there's a certain difference in the video's.

The first video: The person seemingly in walking into the cabin in pouring rain with a trechcoat.

The second video: The person appear's outside after the door open's by itself. The figure than walk's into the cabin and disappear's with seemingly wearing cowboy boot's. There's then a song with the lyrics "Aint No Grave Can Hold My Body Down."

But, comparing the video's, the first one has a certain, eerie darness to it, while the second one has a cetain supernatural Undertaker vibe to it. Both just don't seem to match in my opinion. There's just something different between the two video, but I don't know what it is.

Thats why i think its two ppl in the cabin. Because the boots on the first video, looked real narrow and fitted. But the 2nd vid boots looked like.. mountain boots.

what i don't get is, if you've got a video of a guy in a long trench coat, boots, creepy music and a creepy setting then it's almost a give away that it's Taker.

And there hiding it so much.

And the reason why i think Sting so much, is because he doesn't have a big opponent for WM.

I find it interesting that the report states that their has been no contact between Sting and WWE and yet it also says that there is interest from both parties?? If there was mutual interest why wouldn't there be contact? Again, where are the sources for these reports? I can see Michaels working as a special referee for Taker's match, but for his match to not involve Kane or Barrett in any way doesn't make sense. They 'BURIED THE MAN ALIVE', and I think any reasonable undead monster would want revenge for that. Unless they somehow resolve that before Mania, but man that mean that a helluva lot of stuff has to happen between 2/21/11 (presumably) and WM.

I just had an interesting thought...like someone else said before...What if it were two people.

What if the man outside was Sting and the man inside was Taker...now in the second promo they played Ain't No Grave by Johnny Cash

NOW IMAGINE THIS

What if in the third promo they go back to the man outside and all of a sudden God's Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash...it would give me an eerie feeling because Ain't No Grave would mean that Undertaker has come back from his grave and the song God's Gonna Cut You Down could interpret Sting's Christianity and to say that Sting will cut Taker's streak....

Just my thoughts...

if this is undertakers return, i would like to see him come back truly affected by death, ie pet cemetary.

fingers crossed we get crows, bats and scorpions in the next promo.

Guys, i know this is driving some of you guys nuts, but you have to hear this. PLEASE! Listen around 0.35-0.36 you hear a crow and a person speak at the same time, as in he's speaking in crow.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7_7z5HoIk[/YOUTUBE]

i am really hoping it would be THE STINGER.. I am from the Philippines and when there was the so-called MONDAY NIGHT WARS, it was really a HIT here. I was high school then going on to college and Nitro and Raw was HUGE BIGTIME!!! I am really a child of the attitude era and i miss those days..

but based on these past event, i am definite it is the UNDERTAKER..

BUT... if it really him... hear me out..

i hope he returns with "keep rollin' rollin' rollin"... that would definitely save the WWE face..

Really, I've been thinking. And really, what business does Undertaker have on RAW?

Is the newly reborn Undertaker, risen fom the grave with new gimmick gonna call out Kane and Barret? In my opinion, I can see Undertaker being on RAW, but only to be challenged by Sting. Becuase quite frankly, Undertaker returning to challenge Kane to their 3'rd Wresltemania match, or to anti-climaticlly challenge Wade Barret would'nt make sense.

Unless Barret or Kane are confirmed for the RAW, or are on the RAW, then what the hell does Undertaker have to do on RAW, or with RAW. The Undertaker should be freaking the living shit out of Wade Barret right now, not anti-climatically call him out on RAW after The Undertaker's return from the grave with a brand new gimmick.

Even though it's more of a chance 2/21/11 is Undertaker, it's possible the WWE could just wanna add to the speculation, or add to it all together.

Vince McMahon is a smart business man and know's how to play the internet fans,( see Daniel Bryan "fired,").

If it's Sting, cool, if it's Undertaker, cool.

Just can't wait until next week's video, once I see Taker's symbol, hear his voice, a hand pounding out of a grave, something to indicate him, it's for sure The Undertaker.

But, if I see a bat or crow or scorpion, I'm marking out.

You're all looking into this way too much and need to stop marking out before you disappoint yourselves when it just ends up being Undertaker (most likely). Although, I heard if you look at the screen sideways (tilt your head to the right to be more exact) during the latest promo you can see the word "Splash".

Okay, I've been guilty of looking at way to much, but the more I've looked at it. The more it leads me to think these promo's are for two different people. They both focus around a house, and 2.21.11, but they don't fit each other. One is just and errie feeling. The second is more of a supernatural thing. You have a guy walking up to the cabin, but then the second the guy just appears. I guess the boots are different, but that's hard to tell.

In all honesty, I'm expecting Taker, it just seems logical that it's him. Though there is so much going on right now that's just causing me not to believe any of it. It's almost everyday there's a new story coming out. First it was he signed, then there was no communication between them. Then he's removed from tna's website. Then there's interest between sting and vince. Then.... you fill in the blank. It's really getting nuts now. So I'm not going to guess anymore about what Stings doing. because really if Vince wanted this to happen without anyone knowing, he's going to keep it close to his chest and no one is going to know. Just like the Cena angle at the Rumble a few years back.

theres been alot of talk about the 21-2-11 promo and the theorys behind it, but with the latest news with undertaker vs barret being scrapped and hbk will be involved in takers match , it leads me to the belief that the promo is hhh , hear me out what better way to piss off undertaker by coming out with his gong and humiliating him and threating to take his career at wrestlemania for taking shawns

UNDERTAKER VS HHH (SPECIAL REF: HBK)

ok so a couple more things to point out -

1) "no contact between wwe and sting" , you'd think being there has been contact in the past and through business contacts working for both companies etc, that there would be at least the smallest of contacts , ie - keeping up with how the competition is doing etc. so the fact that they deny thats there is any contact at all, seems a little suspect. EDIT: they are called "non-disclosure agreements" meaning obviously you'd be in violation of your contract and liable to a lawsuit if you spilled the beans.

and

2) the promo films - i've worked in film and as many of you know there is a set decorations department, everything you ever see in a film, commercial, whatever is planned and arranged. same with the camera dept. the mood, the lighting, etc is all planned. lastly, the person that plans these things? the director. if you read that paul bearer interview he states that vince himself was there as a director for the filmed segments.

THE STORYLINE - (in brief)

undertaker of course returns (but theres something a little off, a la pet cemetary, with the undertaker) of course he gets his revenge and in a serious way. he is actually gone demonic and monsterous, the evillest we've ever seen the undertaker. at first everyone is happy to see wade etc get taken out. the heavy hitters set in, but this version of the undertaker is unstoppable, by anyone, not even hhh.

here comes sting to stop him. silent. completely, he does need friends here in wwe and he's only here to stop undertaker (not stop so to speak, but to return him to where he rightfully belongs) its just his duty.

sting uses ultraviolence to stop the undertaker. ULTRA. bat hits included. that gives undertaker the win. sting banned (vacation, time to think up a good story line etc).

done deal, everyone wins.

ps. jonesy thats a bad ass sig.

Well with Wade and Taker plans scrapped and with HBK taking part of this years wrestlemania with Takers match this leads be to think it is HHH
which i hope it is not HHH vs Taker, i hope in some way Vince pulls a rabbit out of his ass to bring Sting in, or this PPv will suck big time, This Years wrestlemania just does not look to very strong it looks like another PPV

Ahhhhh the not so subtle mind games begin again. I actually had hopes for a Sting appearance. After the new promo and all the clamering I think that Vince wanted to make sure people knew it was the Undertaker. There is no way we can deny it now. I believe most people are grasping at straws which is kind of sad.
The promos are for Taker. If Sting is showing up it will be a different way. Now all I cn hope for is the Rock hosting mania. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back