Raw's 02/21/11 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that song makes it sound like Taker big time.

But how can he be the special guest host of Wrestlemania? If he's not in a match after all everyone will be disappointed. But I can't think of any other person who was buried, literally or figuratively that could fit the bill.

It is Undertaker. The lyrics by Johnny Cash in tonight's hint go "Ain't no grave that can hold my body down." Also the letters are like ambers which can be taken as brimstone. Also Sting did not wear cowboy boots. Aside from wrestling boots he wore biker boots with buckles. I was a huge Sting fan in WCW but don't want him in now because they wouldn't use him right and would more than likely tarnish his accomplishments. He is to the stage where he needs to retire and open a school like all the other legends.

They aired a new vignette on 2/21/11. At the end they played some lyrics that went "There ain't no grave that can hold my body now". The last time Undertaker appeared on WWE tv he was buried alive. Nuff
Said.

maybe the video was to throw us off the scent? Maybe to make us all believe it's undertaker? or maybe the video is for Undertaker, but it doesn't mean sting can't make his debut at Takers expense on the night

Oh, I'm slow. Thanks Reptile. I hate Feb., too short for my liking.

But yeah, looks like it's Taker. Which makes me wonder why he is going to be on Raw.

maybe the video was to throw us off the scent? Maybe to make us all believe it's undertaker? or maybe the video is for Undertaker, but it doesn't mean sting can't make his debut at Takers expense on the night

As much as we all would love for that to be true. Its not gonna happen Takers comin back and will get his revenge on Kane or Barret and Sting will keep doin his thing in TNA.

*yawn* His run after coming back from a "vegetative state" was lackluster at best and he's not going to be healthy in the run-up to 'Mania. I'm really sick of all these "epic" Undertaker returns.

I wanted to believe it was Sting, so I could mark out over it. However, after this last promo, it's obviously just Taker returning from his annual time off.

Yeah, after that promo I would have to say that was totally the Undertaker.

"ain't no grave can hold my body down", and the last time we saw the undertaker was when he was buried alive....

Nah, I'm only 90% sure it's Taker. There are still too many doubts.

It was Barrett who interfered and go Taker buried, so he should come back on SD.

This just seems way too obvious. Even for the WWE.

So damn gay. Well, at least WWE ended the anticipation early. Why does Undertaker even need a friggin return promo... he's returns twice a year for god sakes... very disappointed.

That's pretty much how I feel too Anthony. I don't see why we ever need a return promo from guys like Taker and Triple H. They return one or twice a year, and you ALWAYS know they're coming back anyway. There's no point to building it up like it's so shocking.

Yeah, that song makes it sound like Taker big time.

But how can he be the special guest host of Wrestlemania? If he's not in a match after all everyone will be disappointed. But I can't think of any other person who was buried, literally or figuratively that could fit the bill.

This and the WrestleMania Host have nothing in common.... The WM Host is being named next week and this person is coming on Feb 21.

But it pretty much does give away that it's Taker. I'm not disappointed. That's awesome that he's coming to RAW.

Nah, I'm only 90% sure it's Taker. There are still too many doubts.

It was Barrett who interfered and go Taker buried, so he should come back on SD.

This just seems way too obvious. Even for the WWE.

They would want him to return on Raw because it's their A show and it's live. They dont want him to return on a pretaped show then everyone reads the spoilers and ruin the "surprise" even though we all already know it's Taker. Also the different shows mean nothing there's people from Smackdown on Raw all the time now.

Must be a joke to make people go through the vignette and waste time!

no bro it did have parts of stings old wcw theme to it if listen carefully
it wont be Taker if you look at all of takers return promos u know it has a spook to it and his symbol

The song could mean Sting coming from the ranks of TNA as he career has actual meaning now and he finally signed cause of Mania in HotLanta, GA.

Or it could mean Taker as he was buried alive by Nexus and Kane at Bragging Rights and has re-risen from the "dead". We wait 2 weeks to find out.

I don't think the plan was ever to make anyone think it could be Sting or anyone else. it was more to build Taker coming to Raw for the ratings due to the build. If they clearly showed taker or simply stated he was coming back then announcer/nexus/corre/kane would all have to knowledge his return.

If anything I wouldn't say they killed the buzz tonight, they simply made it deliberately clear it was taker coming back (w/o simply stating it) to ensure the get the desired reaction for Taker and not disappointment that it wasn't Sting...

On a side note, I think Taker has been moved to the'A' show as he is winding down and as such should finish his career on Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back