Raw LD 12/12/2016: It Could Be A New Day For Championship Records

Sean Valjean

Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
20161207_Raw_TripleTreat--57a50f56a907116db63cb889ad25d49c.jpg

It's a potentially historic night as Raw kicks off with a triple threat tag team championship match. New Day defends against Gallows & Anderson and the bar brawlin' buddies, Sheamus and Cesaro. If New Day survives, they'll demolish Ax and Smash's record as the longest reigning tag champs of any kind in WWE history. Who could have foreseen that in late 2014?

Last week, Enzo Amore played horny homewrecker before abruptly switching into a not-so-Certified G by getting cold feet once he entered Lana's den of sexy deception. I mean, if you're willing to go to the lengths of abandoning your workplace and borrowing Ric Flair's limo just to screw another man's wife, either commit to the deed or not at all. Anyways, this led to the only plausible outcome: Enzo playing Leo DiCaprio to Rusev's grizzly bear and getting mauled half to death. How will Enzo and/or Big Cass respond? Could Enzo still be lying unconscious in that hotel corridor?

Not to be outdone by Lana's ruse, Charlotte laid her own evil trap for rival Sasha Banks. First she dragged her father down for a false apology before delivering a vicious slap that, surprisingly, didn't bust Ric wide open. Charlotte then proceeded to beat the magenta out of Sasha. Can The Boss recover from her assault? Can WWE squeeze in just one more title change before their upcoming Iron Man match?

Magenta, nice.

ShinChan™;5621189 said:
New Day losing the titles now would be pointless. :shrug:

Are you just trolling me now with the word "pointless"?

Depending on where you want to take New Day and what you want from The Club and Sheamus/Cesaro there is probably more of a "point" to having them lose the titles now as oppose to having a championship record in a fake sport where you use tag teams to grow your talent.

Magenta, nice.

Are you just trolling me now with the word "pointless"?

Depending on where you want to take New Day and what you want from The Club and Sheamus/Cesaro there is probably more of a "point" to having them lose the titles now as oppose to having a championship record in a fake sport where you use tag teams to grow your talent.
Nopes. Not trolling.

A championship record in a fake sport, right? Then, New Day should've lost the titles earlier instead of doing it so close to the record. Other tag teams had to lose to New Day just to make sure that the latter make the record.

No, it means more to lose it so close to the record to add more fuel if you want to break them up. It gives Sheamus/Cesaro or The Club more reason to laugh at New Day for spoiling the accomplishment New Day has looked forward to for a long time.

Giving them the record just gives them an accolade that can only last as long as they are a team.

Santino Marella went on a quest to beat Honky Tonk Man's IC record and it fell flat. It's not pointless since it's built up.

I want new day to win and tie and break the record then lose say at roadblock and have a break up occur

New Day has been surviving with heel tactics. They turn in this one and escape in cheap fashion. Get book later in a second match.

I don't want them to break up. At least one of them would get lost in the shuffle.

I only want it so Kofi can get the main event push he's more than earned at this point. I'd also enjoy seeing Big E get a big run. Xavier could be a totally fine midcard act.

I want new day to win and tie and break the record then lose say at roadblock and have a break up occur

They can't break up. There's only 3 teams on Raw and they're the only ones currently worth a damn.

EDIT: forgot Enzo/Cass...oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back