• "Prince" Peter Maivia Jr.

• Lloyd Anoa'i

• Matt Anoa'i

• Reno Anoa'i

• Sika Anoa'i

• Cocoa Samoa

• Sonny Siaki

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Puerto Rico, if only for Carlos Colon and mainly Pedro Morales. Pedro Morales NEEDS to be on Team Puerto Rico, and he is simply one of the most underrated wrestlers of his era. He was over huge in the WWF but he never really got the push he should have, because, well, let's face it, anyone who wasn't white during that time probably wasn't going to get a push to the main event.

Vote for Team Puerto Rico, I did. Pedro Morales alone gets them my vote.

I'm undecided right now, and kind of upset "Parts Unknown" didn't get a chance at it.

Team Samoa has been a pretty big part of wrestling history, but there's better individuals for Team PR. Knowing that, they'd probably be better competition for the "games". Pedro Morales needs to be the captain of the team, and maybe even Homicide as a darkhorse for the team...

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE MANAGEMENT TEAM AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES FOR THE 2010 WRESTLEZOLYMPICS:

The board met in general session yesterday, 28th October in the two-thousand and ninth year of our lord, and a new stipulation has been added to this poll.

IF TEAMS FINISH WITHIN 3 VOTES OF EACH OTHER, WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONSIDER THAT A TIE, AND THE TEAMS THAT ARE WITHIN THREE VOTES WILL ENTER A PRELIMINARY ROUND WRESTLE-OFF IN DECEMBER.

For example, if Puerto Rico finishes with 18 votes, and Samoa finishes with 16, the poll will be considered a "tie" and fans will elect 5 members to each team. The two teams will then enter into a competition, with the winning team gaining the 8th spot in the Wrestlezolympics.

I voted team Samoa. A group of oversized, yet very agile men could do very well in a tournament like this.

As opposed to the Russians, who are huge, strong, and as fast as tree stumps. Team Samoa is certainly better than some teams, but on the whole, I'd say Team PR is better than a few. With Pedro Morales and Carlos Colon, they could be true competitors.

I voted Puerto Rico for this one. Samoa is too close to the Australian/New Zealand region, where we are struggling to find candidates. Adding another to the mix which really should join the team is just overkill. You need something from the European section and Puerto Rico has a much better wrestling team than most of the other options combined.

I'd like to see Pedro Morales go against Hulk Hogan instead of Santino Marella.

I went with Samoa for simply for the fact that the Rock is by far better than any wrestler Puerto Rico could offer. Sure, Carlos Colon may be a legend and all, but would he stand a chance against The Rock? I doubt it. Plus, guys like Joe, Umaga, and possibly the Headshrinkers would help round out a very solid team that could do some damage in this thing.

hmm...i feel i may have gone about this wrong, if this is a competition (which of course it is) wouldn't it make more sense to vote terrible teams for the countries that aren't your own and thus make it easier for your own country to win? So with that said, i choose Wales, i think that'd be the best 8th team :)...call me unsportsman-like, call it cheating, whatever you want, but i call it thinking ahead

Is The Rock even eligible for a Samoan team? People seem to only be voting for Samoa just for the sake of The Rock. I'd hate to see Puerto Rico lose to Samoa just so they can get the news that The Rock doesn't qualify. So, of if IC25 can clear it up for me... Is The Rock eligible for Samoa? Or is he to American? Canadian? God, now I get that Family Guy joke. By the way a team consisting of Pedro Morales, Konnan, Homicide, Carlos Colon and El Mesias Ricky Banderas matches up a lot better than The Rock, Umaga, Samoa Joe, Rikishi and Yokozuna. Think about it, 3 Main Eventers 1 Upper Mid Carder (Pedro) and an X division guy vs 1 Main eventer, 2 Upper Mid Carders (Joe and Yoko) and 2 Mid carders.

After the chat about a "Team Parts Unknown," wwe.com has put up a segment about those superstars of no fixed abode.

It lists The Ultimate Warrior, Giant Gonzalez, Demolition, Papa Shango, The Missing Link, Battle Kat, The Berserker and Doink the Clown.

How could I forget about Doink? He was, and probably still is, one of my favourite heel characters. Heath Ledger must have watched some of Doink's escapades before filming the Dark Knight.

With the addition of someone like Kane, I think that this could have been a formidable team.

Alas, it was not to be.

As for the above poll, I am not entirely sure who to vote for. My immediate reaction is Samoa, even without the Rock or Yoko, but the more I think about it the more the well-rounded Puerto Rico team becomes more appealing...

Guys, Rock is eligiable for the Samoan team, and I believe Yoko probably would be as well. I think GuyCompton's post above explains pretty well how it should be done. The Rock is widely known being of Samoan decent, so I think he should definetly be eligible for the team.

Anyway, looks like Samoa has this wrapped up and rightfully so. The Rock is better than any wrestler on any of those other teams. Parts Unkown would've been sick though.

Is The Rock even eligible for a Samoan team? People seem to only be voting for Samoa just for the sake of The Rock. I'd hate to see Puerto Rico lose to Samoa just so they can get the news that The Rock doesn't qualify. So, of if IC25 can clear it up for me... Is The Rock eligible for Samoa? Or is he to American? Canadian? God, now I get that Family Guy joke.

Yes, the Rock would be Samoan. Fact is, when Rock was in the Nation of Domination, and when he was oft being called "the first black WWF Champion," people consistently reminded us that he was, in fact, Samoan.

However, just because he's eligible for Samoa, doesn't mean he is the best choice...

Well seems we have a winner. Congratulations Samoa. It obviously saddens me that Puerto Rico didn't make it, of course Samoa was just as much of a worthy choice. But I'll save the preaching for next year. So now that Samoa won, who will be the team members? Who's gonna help Rocky?

Time to get on the Samoan bandwagon. Name the members, I can make the sigs.

VOTE SAMOA IN THE 2010 WRESTLEZOLYMPICS!

However, just because he's eligible for Samoa, doesn't mean he is the best choice...

Of course he is IC, who else would be a better choice for Team Samoa? He's easily the greatest Samoan wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots, as well as being the most successful. The Rock alone could carry that team to a few victories.

Of course he is IC, who else would be a better choice for Team Samoa? He's easily the greatest Samoan wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots, as well as being the most successful. The Rock alone could carry that team to a few victories.

Sure, it certainly seems that way. But let me lay MY logic on you...

Currently, I have the 15 final Team USA nominees posted. Is it safe to say that Scott Steiner is a better wrestler than Jim Duggan? Has had more success and a better overall career? Ultimate Warrior? A whole host of others? Sure, but Duggan is nominated, the others are not. Why?

Duggan bled USA. Save for one ceremony or something like that, did the Rock EVER identify with his Samoan heritage? Did it even come up from him?

Sure, he's the best wrestler. Is he the best representative, though? You'll have the chance to decide later today.

Sure, it certainly seems that way. But let me lay MY logic on you...

Currently, I have the 15 final Team USA nominees posted. Is it safe to say that Scott Steiner is a better wrestler than Jim Duggan? Has had more success and a better overall career? Ultimate Warrior? A whole host of others? Sure, but Duggan is nominated, the others are not. Why?

Duggan bled USA. Save for one ceremony or something like that, did the Rock EVER identify with his Samoan heritage? Did it even come up from him?

Sure, he's the best wrestler. Is he the best representative, though? You'll have the chance to decide later today.

What does it matter if he bragged about his Samoan heritage or not? He certainly is proud of it, his Hall of Fame speech inducting his father showed that pretty clearly. It shouldn't be relevant whether or not they dressed up in the flag of their country though, because what colors your wearing is going to have zero effect on your performance in the events themselves.

And Duggan is a terrible choice. How he could even make the voting is beyond me.

I know it sounds like an obvious choice, but I would love to see the wild samoans in this team, they realyl had some great matches and is a look back at when Rikishi could really fight!

Also would Haku/Meng count under samoan? if so he is a definite to fight along side the rock, not sure about the last member though....

plus when he teamed up the Barbrian was epic in WCW but when he changed his name to Haku in the wwe. he rarely teamed with Rikishi but i always wonder would really happen if wwe gave the shot at the tag titles. i was always a fan of meng/haku but some people just don't get chances though.

Haku is Tongan, his real name is even Tonga. So he does not count for the purposes of joining Team Samoa, so please look up the facts before asking these questions that have been answered before in this thread.

The Final 14 Nominees:

Rocky Maivia
Peter Maivia
Umaga
Samoa Joe
Rikishi Fatu
Afa Anoa'i
Samu Anoa'i
"Prince" Peter Maivia Jr.
Lloyd Anoa'i
Matt Anoa'i
Reno Anoa'i
Sika Anoa'i
Cocoa Samoa
Sonny Siaki

*Tonga was not included in this team, nor was Fiji. Despite being part of an archipelago, they are all sovereign nations or monarchies. A petition may be developed to include Tonga and Fiji, thus overturning the board of directors.

1. Each poster may vote for THREE WRESTLERS.

2. If someone votes for more than three, all of their votes will be disqualified.

3. Think before voting. Once you hit the submit button, there is no changing.

4. The wrestler with the highest vote total will be named captain.

I believe we all know who should be the team captian is the Rock. I like having Joe and Umaga but that leaves two spots open in away. I decided to vote for Matt Anoa'i, Rikishi Fatu, and Sonny Siaki.

Three wrestlers that I know that should make the team at this rate are Rocky Maivia, Samoa Joe, and Eddie "Umaga/Jamal" Fatu.

The Rock should be in the Iron man match. Samoa Joe should be in the submission match. Umaga should be in the Falls Count Anywhere match.

The reason I voted for Matt Anoa'i, Rikishi Fatu, and Sonny Siaki are for the following reasons.

If you going to have Umaga, you might as well have is tag team partner Matt "Rosey" Anoa'i join the team. They weren't that bad as a tag team even though Rosey might not be in any other matches besides the 5v5 team and Royal Rumble matches.

Rikishi isn't that bad of a person to pick but he is another guy that probably won't mean much in the match besides the 5v5 team and Royal Rumble matches.
So far we will have two guys on the team that won't do much for the ladder match unless you put Joe or Rock in this match but who will be in the submission or iron man match?!

That's why my final choice is Sonny Siaki. If anyone have seen Sonny in the early TNA then he isn't that bad of a wrestler. He would be my choice for the ladder matches.

In the following saying I hope the Somoan team members will be Rocky Maivia, Samoa Joe, Eddie "Umaga/Jamal" Fatu, Matt "Rosey" Anoa'i, and Sonny Siaki.

I think this should be a great wrestlers to represent the Somoans.

Absolutely EVERYONE should vote for Rocky Maivia/The Rock here and he should be the team captain. There’s really no good excuse for why people wouldn’t vote for him. He is a better wrestler than a lot of the other wrestlers on the list and he is better known. Also, he might be able to get the team a win even if for only one event. So vote him as the Team Captain.

My second vote is going to Samoa Joe. He’s a pretty good wrestler and he might have a chance of winning an event too. Highly doubtful, but it’s better than not having a chance at all. My final vote is going to Rikishi and that’s purely because I’ve always liked him so I want to see him on the team.

First of all, the Rock. He is pretty much the whole reason this team was even made. He will definetly be on it and should be team captain as he should be able to hang with almost everyone else in the tourney. Secondly, I went Samoa Joe. He's been great in both ROH and TNA and has had some 5 star matches and won a few world titles. He'd be decent in the submission or ironman matches. Lastly, I went Umaga. He was a main eventer for awhile and went clenly over both HHH and HBK, good enoug to make this team. I would've went Rikishi, but I didn't see his name until after I voted.

Absolutely EVERYONE should vote for Rocky Maivia/The Rock here and he should be the team captain. There’s really no good excuse for why people wouldn’t vote for hiim

Apart from the fact he was billed from miami, Florida? the fact that when he went to Miami to wrestle he always said FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK....HOME!

The fact that he is even in contention for the Samoan team let alone WINNING it just shows what a farce this is.

I voted for the Wild Samoans and I think Samoa Joe, these three guys are not afraid of their Samoan legacy and didn't claim to be from elsewhere.

So, Meng/Haku is not Samoan? I sure did come into this thread with the idea of voting for him, lol.

Anyway, voted for two obvious choices in The Rock and Samoa Joe, and then for my 3rd vote I went with Afa Anoa'i.

The Rock is the most charismatic, entertaining performer in the history of the sport as far as I'm concerned, so it's obvious why I voted for him. Samoa Joe has put on as many classic matches as anyone else this decade, so that's why I voted for him. And I voted for Afa just because his name is attached to so many great wrestlers who have entered the business. His school is perhaps the best pro wrestling school in the World, and that's why I gave him my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back