• Matt Anoa'i

• Reno Anoa'i

• Sika Anoa'i

• Cocoa Samoa

• Sonny Siaki

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This thread is where I'd like YOU, the fans of the Wrestlezone forums, to help decide the 8th and final participating team! For the next week we will debate the merits of other teams, and finally vote on the final team participant in the first ever Wrestlezolympics!

So explain (in detail - no spamming) which country should be represented in the tournament and WHY.

Do you think Team Italy, headed by Dominic DeNucci and Santino Marella is wise?

Perhaps team China deserves a nod?

Maybe Team Samoa, led by Umaga, Samoa Joe, and the Headshrinkers? And perhaps captained by The Rock?

This is where you get to get involved. Who will the 8th team be?

If Team Samoa is an option then I don't see how they don't win this last spot. Captained by The Rock with guys like Peter Maivia, the Wild Samoans,Yokozuna, Haku, Barbarian, Rikishi, Samu, Umaga, Rosey, Samoa Joe, and the Tonga Kid. This team could make a lot of noise. I can't think of any other country not already in this thing that can compete with the Samoans talent wise.

Team Texas. They became a republic in 1835 and it lasted until 1836. Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the separation movement that I am making up right now.. Did you know that Texas hates America? That is because half of what is good in America is in Texas. Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, The Von Erichs, The Funks, The Guerreros, and many more come from this great... dare I say... nation?

Team Texas
Texas-flag-map.jpg

Yokozuna is team Japan. It's a kayfabe tournament, so we go by where heir characters were from, not the performers. Thus, Yoko is Japan.

And TM, Texas isn't a country.

well Texas is the only state that has the right to Cecede from the United States, it just dosen't exercise that right because it automatically becomes a part of Mexico.

But Samoa seems to be the one true choice for this option as there are a number of great wrestlers from there. From Samoa there is The Rock as well as numerous others that are listed as being from there.

Haku also came from Tonga different place.

I am going to go for not a country, but for something a little more expansive. While Team Samoa could be a force to be reckoned with, I am going to give my vote to Team Europe. In reality, there aren't that many people to hail from one particular country in these areas, yet some of the men and women who are wrestlers yet come from around a European country are too big to ignore.

When I talk Team Europe, this is of course discluding the United Kingdom and Russia. There are a plethora of stars such as Andre the Giant who could quite easily make the team.

Just to follow up on that, How about a World Team, a team that pits people not from any country listed can be on it, meaning they can enter the team. Andre, Rocca, the Samoans, Khali, Hassan, Sabu, Iron Sheik, and many others can make the team.

I think Puerto Rico could easily be brought under consideration.

Aside from the Colon brood, you've got Ricky Banderas, a 2 time world champion, Joe Bravo, a four time world champion, Konnan (!!!), El Diamante, 2 time world champ, Germán Figueroa (aka Apolo), a 9 time world champion, Ray Gonzalez (15 time world champ), Nidia (Noble's blind girlfriend - hot), Thunder and Lightning (epic Puerto Rican tag team), Gilberto Melendez, Eric "Who Are You" Escobar, Savio Vega and Los Boricuas, and, oh yeah, how about a little Pedro Morales?

A whole host of top athletes have come out of Puerto Rico, and they should be considered.

And no, screw you, Puerto Rico counts. They have representation in the Olympics.

Samoa's a fine choice, but let's not leave out the storied and wonderful Puerto Rico.

I suggest Team Miscellaneous - the best of the rest. I mean, it's not actually a good idea but it is an idea. That's pretty much all I do these days.

The best idea is, obviously, Team Samoa. Wrestling has a proud tradition - as proud as a tradition can be in professional fucking wrestling - of fat Samoan bastards. As the great man Samuel L. Jackson once said, "What's the n*gger gonna do? He's Samoan."

Because "The Rock" is considered a Canadian Wrestler by family line. His father is a Canadian, but has Samoan bloodline.

My vote would be "Eurasia." All the other countries deserve love too. They may be far and few inbetween, but hey we can make a decent list if we put our heads to it.

UK demands only such territory (I'd even consider Ireland territory for UK. Sorry guys. hehe.)

Well I think it will depend on how the teams can be selected. I mean The Rock was born in California billed from Miami and Hollywood but has Samoan bloodlines. Is that a good enough rason for him to be part of team Samoa?
Especially if Yoko is a part of Team Japan.

But I wouldnt mind seein Team Samoa, still have Joe, Umaga, Headshrinkers, Rikishi maybe. But like Harthan said Puerto Rico might be a go as well.

I'd accept Puerto Rico. It's considered a US territory (no clue why) and is often called "the 51st state" but I still consider it it's own nation.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Africa as a possibility. If EurAsia or Europe was an option then Africa could too.

I would give my backing to a Samoan team purely because of the numbers of high level wrestlers it would include even if Yoko and the Rock do not count

If not Samoa then why not a "Parts Unknown" team?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Africa as a possibility. If EurAsia or Europe was an option then Africa could too.

I would count Africa as an option before "Eurasia" or anything like that. Europe has enough independent wrestling countries represented (Team UK / Ireland / Scotland may be pretty stacked), but a Team Africa would give participation to Kamala, as well as several others.

I still see Samoa as the front runner, but my vote counts the same as anyone elses.

I am going to go for not a country, but for something a little more expansive. While Team Samoa could be a force to be reckoned with, I am going to give my vote to Team Europe. In reality, there aren't that many people to hail from one particular country in these areas, yet some of the men and women who are wrestlers yet come from around a European country are too big to ignore.

While we're at it, let's just form a Team North America. Hell, how about Team Earth??

I think a lot of people are missing what these Olympics are all about. It should be open to nothing but countries that are swollen with professional wrestling lineage. After all, thats what any olymipcs are about... an entire country representing themselves as the most athletic in the world. Samoa is a perfect example of this.

Puerto Rico is a borderline choice... after all, they have been declared as a part of the United States. But, I wouldn't be against them having their own spot in this tournament. But, my number one choice is definitely Samoa.

It should be open to nothing but countries that are swollen with professional wrestling lineage.

I'm swollen with professional wrestling lineage. IN MY PANTS!

Couldn't resist.

D-Man is spot on. We're trying to make this an elite tournament, not trying to reconfigure world maps to include arbitrary names. Samoa and Puerto Rico are fair choices, and both will make the final vote.

Instead of Team Puerto Rico, or Team Samoa, why not a Team US Territories?

There's some greats from Samoa, and a few from PR, and it'd be sad to leave either out.

Headshrinkers, Carlos Colon, Pedro Morales, Samoa Joe

Instead of Team Puerto Rico, or Team Samoa, why not a Team US Territories?

There's some greats from Samoa, and a few from PR, and it'd be sad to leave either out.

Headshrinkers, Carlos Colon, Pedro Morales, Samoa Joe

My only problem with this is that a team like Austrailia is already at a disadvantage because they don't have enough talent and they can't team with anyone else. So either they should be included in this generic category or we pick just one country to round out the teams.

My only problem with this is that a team like Austrailia is already at a disadvantage because they don't have enough talent and they can't team with anyone else. So either they should be included in this generic category or we pick just one country to round out the teams.

So make it Australia and Samoa, and make it Team Pacific Islanders. There has to be someone from New Zealand to add in also...Like, the Bushwhackers.

So make it Australia and Samoa, and make it Team Pacific Islanders. There has to be someone from New Zealand to add in also...Like, the Bushwhackers.

I forgot to mention that New Zealand was paired up with Austrailia and they STILL don't have enough star power... I kind of feel bad for them.

Either way, every country should be responsible for their own lack of talent. No need for crutches in this tournament. Just like in the real-life Olympics, if your country sucks, then it sucks. You have to bear it and deal with it. So, I feel that only single countries should be entered in this thing. It's only fair.

Pat O'Connor and Tony Garea are two of the big stars that go into the Aussie/Kiwi team. As well as The Sheepherders.

I find it interesting that My first paragraph in that appropriate thread is ignored. As well as the fact that New Zealand does have a very proud wrestling history and legacy it is just that it was so much of a backwater in terms of getting out here and too here that not many people realise the history here. Im not even sure on the history here because it isn't as well documented as Wrestling in Japan, Mexico, The British Isles, the United States or Canada.

After looking at the teams already listed, I can't think of anything other than Team Samoa or Team Puerto Rico.

Poland has a handful of guys, and so does Germany, but neither really has a major squad to put forth. We could always make it Team USSR instead of Team Russia...

Was it Sam that mentioned Team UN? I like that. Then we can fit in Samoa, Puerto Rico, Iran, Finland, Germany, Poland, India, and whoever else I may be leaving out...

Team Middle East? Sabu, Muhammed Hassan (yeah I know he hails from Detroit but he is of Arab descent), The Iron Sheik, The Original Sheik, and Great Khali (I know he is Indian but close enough), Sgt. Slaughter, and Abdullah The Butcher (I think Sudan is Middle East, isn't it? It borders The Red Sea and Egypt, I believe).

If not than Team Samoa, with members the others have mentioned. Or just a World Elite Team, With selective members from certain countries. Hassan (American with Arab descent, Sheik and Sabu from Middle Eastern countries, Joe and Rock from Samoa, and Pedro Morales for Puerto Rico (he was Puerto Rican, I believe).

While he was joking (I think), a Team Parts Unknown might actually be interesting. They won't have a built-in fanbase like the other teams, but they;d be fun to watch as a unit...

Kane and Ultimate Warrior would certainly have to be co-captains. I can't remember anyone nearly as famous as those two being billed from Parts Unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back