• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Very good episode of Smackdown, as usual. Man, it's becoming like a cliche to say that isn't it? Every single week it seems I come on here and say "God damn that was a great episode of Smackdown!"

The promo by CM Punk to open the show was typically stellar, though that's no surprise either. I've said it before and I'll say it again; no one cuts a promo in the WWE like Punk right now. No one.

The real highlight of the show was the John Morrison and Rey Mysterio match, which we've all raved about quite a bit since it happened last week (yeah I know I'm very late here with my review). Absolutely fantastic match up from start to finish, better than most of the WWE main events of their PPVs this year it was so damn good. Morrison going over Mysterio like that was done perfectly, from the hard fought victory to the extended celebration to the embrace of Rey after the match. Absolutely great fucking match, and a moment in time that I think we'll look back on as a real turning point in Morrison's career.

The Matt Hardy and CM Punk main event was good for the short amount of time it was on, and 'Taker's arrival was nice, though lacking of any suspense. I hate the fact that they have to remind us that Undertaker is going to be there about 20 times per hour. It kills all of the anticipation of his arrival, I really don't understand that.

Another great episode of Smackdown, as usual. The only reason I'm not giving it a perfect grade of an A+ here is because of a few slow moments here and there with guys like Khali. I'll give it a rating of an

A

Once again, SmackDown shines through the rest and offers the world of professional wrestling a crack of hope that things will get better. A little late to post this review, but oh well.

Opening: Undertaker/CM Punk

Great stuff from both men, and I'm more so suprised with the Undertaker's work than Punks which is always stellar. Undertaker doesn't ever give a long ass promo like that so it was refreshing to see. And to do it that well too.

Opening contest: Mike Knox/Finlay-Belfast Brawl

Wonderfully brutal match with the only downside being finlay didn't go through the table. Knox just looked VICIOUS in this match! What a beast! I'm actually starting to care about Mike Knox for the very first time. And I have got to say that i love the character direction he's going with this whole deal with getting inside Finlay's head with medical terms. it makes him smart/psychotic/vicious at the same time. I think it will help him develop some good ring psychology too. 8/10 stars *MATCH OF THE NIGHT*

2nd Match: DH Smith/ Khali

Lame. Lame. Lame. 0 stars

3rd match: JeriShow/Cryme Tyme

Awesome match and what I feel should be the tag title match for Breaking Point. I'm not very excited for their defense this Sunday. But Shad and Big Show have improved greatly over the summer and they can now add to the match. Jericho and JTG always perform well and tonight was no exception. 6 stars

4th match: Haas/Morrison

Two great workers and performers and always mesh well with one another. The mr. Ziggles thing was actually funny and I thought he looked like an actual IC champ. But I was annoyed at how "thankful" he was for Mysterio. Where is his cockiness? The cockiness and arrogance should be there for everyone and seemed like he was pandering to the crowd too much. 5.5 stars

5th match: Layla/Melina

Layla has improved greatly over the past few months and it's very cool to see. Ross even said in one of his blogs her improvement is "Stratus" like. I wouldn't go that far, but she's getting there. 4.5 stars

Main Event: M. Hardy/CM Punk

Pretty good match in my view and it was nice to see the Anaconda Vice again. Should Hardy have tapped cleanly to Punk? probably not. makes it seem like Hardy can't beat Punk at his own game. But if he ever wants to beat Punk "at his own game" he needs a better submission hold than that butterfly lock/body scissors move. it looks like he is humping him. 7 stars

Overall: 7.5 stars

A meh show tonight. Cedric the Entertainer was mildly entertaining....I guess (honestly, he's tied with DL Hugley for least favorite King of Comedy). The opening segment with him and his entourage was kinda lame, but the Taker/Teddy limo segment still takes the crown for worst limo segments ever.

HHH vs Cody was pretty good, I love how Legacy have been beating the crap out of DX. They now look like a legitimate threat to anyone and I honestly think they're going to win at HIAC. Did anyone else catch King's fuckups tonight? First, he said there's never been a tag team HIAC match before (DX vs McMahons/Big Show Unforgiven 06) then he said DX, as a team, has never competed in HIAC (again, DX vs McMahon/Show) I've never wanted to slap King more than Cole before.

The Cedric/Santino/Chavo segment was pretty bad. The whole thing with him making fun of the superstars felt poorly done, half the time the images came up before he was ready to comment on them (especially the Big Show jab. I thought he was still referring to Legacy when they showed Andre and Bundy) and it seemed like he was reading from a script. He also said "Cowboy Bob Thorton". It just seemed very awkward the whole time, and Santino and Chavo didn't help it much.

Miz has a backstage interview in which he gets owned by Kofi who takes his belt back. I liked that, it shows Kofi has some attitude and doesn't take shit. Miz vs Bourne was okay, nothing special. The only highlight was Bourne landing on his feet after missing the SSP, I was seriously like "holy shit!" seeing that, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before. Miz wins, as expected.

Contract signing was what you'd expect, minus someone going through the table. The two guys say they're gonna beat each other, yada yada. Orton tries to set up Cena by having Jerishow attack him, but is saved by MarkVP. Six man tag announced for later.

Beth vs Mickie: a decent match with good work done by both divas, as usual. Beth wins thanks to a distraction by Alicia Fox, who was sitting ringside. If they're serious about pushing Alicia, they need to give her mic time to let us know what she's about because she can't get over on ring work alone, especially when her's is pretty bad.

Kofi vs Swagger US title match: This match excited me mainlly because last week, I was talking with a friend about how Miz got a title match only because he pinned Kofi in a tag match and since Swagger did the same last week, he'd probably get one too. It's always nice to see your predictions come true. However, the match didn't make any sense.

The match barely gets started and Miz comes down to steal the belt again. Swagger logically stops Miz because he wants to be champion so he'll be needing the belt. But then after that, Swagger picks up the belt and steals it too? What? So Swagger walks out on his US title match to steal the belt? So instead of trying to win the belt, I'll just take it and get counted out of my title match, yeah that makes sense. If they wanted triple threat for HIAC, wouldn't it have made more since to just attack Kofi? Kofi jumped him backstage so of course he'd want payback and since Swagger got screwed out of his shot, a triple threat would make sense. Instead, this made Swagger look like a complete moron.

Cedric vs Chavo: This was entertaining up until the match actually started. I was laughing at Cedric's attire as he came down the ramp, but the match itself was pretty dull and went on too long for me. Even though Chavo quit against Hornswoggle, he's still getting owned by him.

Lilian's farewell address: the whole night I was wondering if they'd address her leaving on tv or save it for after the show. An emotional Lilian thanks the fans and says how much she's loved announcing and I thought it was very nice, she almost had me teary eyed. I've always had a little crush on Lilian so I'll miss her, and I wish her the best in her "future endeavors".

Cena/MVP/Henry vs Orton/Jerishow: Before the match, Jerishow announce that if they lose, Orton has to face Cena and MarkVP in a gauntlet match next week but if they win, Cena has to face the three of them in a gauntlet. As soon as they said that, I knew Orton and Co. would get the win, and they do (yay for me). An average match, nothing amazing, but not crap.

Overall an average episode of Raw with an average host in Cedric the Entertainer. Next week we get......Al Sharpton? Chavo was right, this guest host thing needs to end. Fast.

I've watched Raw since it's inception. Since the days of Vince McMahon, Bobby Heenan and some comedy dude who didn't do too well and was eventually fired. THOSE days weren't that good. But after watching Raw tonight, I now pine for the days of those programs.

Cedric the Entertainer gave a good effort. That doesn't mean the product turned out good. It sucked out loud actually. The first segment on tonight's Raw was one of the worst Monday Night Raw segments in history. For a show that's been on the air for more than 15 years that says something. NO point to it, a poor excuse at comedy if you ask me. The WWE is a PG show and they hire an R Rated comedian. What did they think was going to happen? Exactly what did happen. Bad programming.

HHH opening Raw wasn't too bad. Continuing a rivalry that will finally end at Hell in a Cell with Legacy. It's good that they didn't have a clean finish. The ending was fine for the show and continues to make Legacy look strong. Which is what they want apparently.

Beth Phoenix squashing Mickie James made no sense. She's not the number one contender. Alicia Fox is. Which also makes no sense. Notice a pattern here. At least Mickie and Beth looked hot tonight.

Then Cedric comes out and attempts to do some comedy. Then Santino comes out, and also attempts to do some comedy. He fails. Then Chavo comes out, challenges Cedric to a match, which is accepted. Really now?

Miz and Bourne had a match. It was quite good actually. Miz is becoming someone that could get some serious attention from the WWE brass if he keeps his act going . He's well over with the crowd.

Then Kofi and Swaggah have a match. Looked pretty good, until for some reason, the WWE becomes Wal-Mart and the wrestlers start shoplifting the title belt. Miz tries to walk out with it, then Swagger clotheslines Miz, and takes the belt himself. As opposed to trying to win the belt clean, he just takes the belt, smiles, and walks backstage. How rude.

THEN we have Orton and Cena's contract signing, with Jerry Lawler in toe. They come out, Orton signs his name on the dotted line, and tells Lawler to fuck off. Then he cuts his usual good promo. Then for some damn reason, Cena takes every bit of momentum away and does some sort of work shoot with Orton. It's like he's asking for his ass to get beat backstage or something. Anyway, Lawler says for them not to have any physical contact during the signing, which means Orton has other plans and brings out Show and Jericho. Fair enough. Two neutral heels who like beating Cena up. Looks like a beat down until the Red Suit Mafia of MVP and Mark Henry come down and break things up, which leads Ced to make his first and only public match, a 6 man tag between Cena and RSM against Jerishow and Orton. Not a bad main event.

Then the attrocity that was the Cedric/Chavo match took place. Horny was involved and some big dude was, too. Chavo loses. Santino was special referee. It sucked out loud. I mean we're talking bad enough for me to turn the channel.

Then the WWE does something right and honors Lilian Garcia on her last night on Raw. She'll be missed. Not really, but she was very hot and was with them for nearly 10 years. Respect.

Then the Main event with Orton and Cena's teams commence with an added stipulation: Whomever's team loses has to face the opposing team by themselves next week. Cena loses, so he has to face Jerishow and Orton all alone in a gauntlet match next week. Righteous.

Overall, this edition of Raw was bad. The comedy was bad, the wrestling was sub-par with only a handful of complete matches on display. Not good at all, and it's going to get worse with Al Sharpton hosting next week.

Reactions: gd
1. Kofi seems to be in limbo each and every week. They don't seem to give him a direct feud with anybody because it's always fatal four way or triple threat matches. I'm looking forward to the triple threat match at Hell In a Cell because I think it's time that Kofi loses the U.S. Title.

2. The Cena and Orton contract signing was alright. Nothing that special on the mic from either person. Kind of wish Orton pulled a HHH and not signing the contract. Makes me think of 2001 all over again.

Overall, I give a C-

Watching Raw this week made me feel like a moron for watching wrestling. It was probably the worst wrestling show I've seen in a very long time, maybe the worst ever.

Admitidally, I was flipping back and forth between this and House, so I didn't see everything, but still.

I start out with seeing DX on my TV doing the same thing they've been doing recently. Rather boring match with HHH and Cody, I don't really care.

Diva's match. Suggestive remarks from Jerry. The champ gets squashed by someone who isn't the #1 contender for some reason. At least Alicia has long legs.

Cedric the Entertainer. His name may be Cedric, but I'm not buying the entertaining part. Just an awful, awful, awful segment. I can't even describe it. Santino isn't even entertaining anymore. Chavo shouldn't even bother trying at this point. Seriously, what's the point of this shit.

Miz v. Bourne. Meh, whatever. Nothing to get excited about.

Contract signing was pretty good, best part of the night. I thought Orton was great during this, plays his part perfectly and I like him more and more each week. He is a badass indeed. Cena went absolutely nuts and threw his hat around and stuff. Not sure why. He seemed all over the place during this.

Why does Kofi constantly have random title matches with no build up at all? This is at least like the 8th time it's happened. I makes no one look good and no one cares. Swaggah stole the belt, I guess there's a 3 way between these fine young gentlemen now. I hope Swagger wins, he really needs it.

Didn't bother watching after this. Hornswoggle and a bunch of shenanigans in some stupid celeb match, of course. So useful. Main event didn't really excite me at all. Why is MarkVP still together? They are a shit team, if they win the titles off of Jerishow, I riot.

Awful show tonight, had me questioning why I like wrestling. D -, Orton was the only redeeming factor.

This weeks raw not getting a lot of love then. I didn't think it was as bad as people were making it out to be. Granted I missed the opening skit that has pissed so many people off, but the show wasn't terrible.

The start was amazing. Cody literally kicked the shit out of HHH. This is Cody Rhodes. The guy who before WrestleMania was HHH's whipping boy in a cage match. Now he brutally assaults the Game. Legacy are definitely a serious threat now and I am even starting to question the outcome at Hell in a Cell. This feud has been great from the start and yesterday was no different.

The women's match was fine for me. Yes mickie got beaten, but by the best diva out there. The only reason she isn't the no#1 contender is because Trish left her out the match so she rightfully got her revenge by decimating Mickie. And it wasn't a clean win entirely, Mickie did get distracted.

As for the U.S. title scene, we had Miz looking strong against Bourne, Kofi showing a mean streak with him getting his title back and Swagger getting himself involved by twatting Miz. I really want to see the triple threat match now, last night did a good job.

I haven't seen the contract signing as I was phoned prior to it starting and haven't had a chance to watch it again, but from the look of it it seemed ok.

I get that what people are annoyed with was the Cedrid/Chavo bit. It did go on a bit long, but the live crowd ate it up, and as for the hate Hornswoggle gets, truth is he is one of the most over people on the roster. Whilst he is getting the pops, this continues and rightly so. As for Chavo, when was the last time he was this over? The crowd hate his guts. I'm sure he'd rather be doing this program than not being involved at all.

The main event was good, though what I don't like is the gauntlet match next week. It has to be done so Orton/Cena have no official in-ring time together. I hate seeing people wrestle each other a week before squaring off at a PPV. Other than that, the match was decent, MVP is starting to get over it seems and Orton got a pinfall win over Mark Henry.

Finally, the departure of Lillian was handled brilliantly. It will be hard to imagine life without her on Raw, though the Fink will do a great job as usual if he does get the gig.

Alright, this episode of Smackdown, being the first with Batista back on, wasn't that great, IMO. First, Matt Hardy or CM Punk didn't wrestle at all, and those 2 are usually the highlight of the night to me, and Jericho. But, his match with Batista was shit, because of Batista. I would've turned it off if Jericho wasn't in that match, so I can't imagine how Batista will do against Big Show next week. God... Batista can't sell anything.... not even a damn right hand from jericho.

And the taker segment was kind of ******ed. "BUCKLE UP TEDDY!!!" What the hell. That was the corniest line i've ever heard undertaker say. That just didn't cut it for me. Anyway, this smackdown just didn't do it for me overall. It was still better than Raw, of course, but it wasn't as good as it's been the last few weeks.

And the taker segment was kind of ******ed. "BUCKLE UP TEDDY!!!" What the hell. That was the corniest line i've ever heard undertaker say. That just didn't cut it for me. Anyway, this smackdown just didn't do it for me overall. It was still better than Raw, of course, but it wasn't as good as it's been the last few weeks.

That was a spoof of the Stephanie kidnapping that was pretty much exactly the same, I thought it was a hilarious piss take of the attitude era.

Or they're just really desperate, I'm interested to see how this storyline pans out.

Raw wasn't brilliant, though still not terrible. I just think there could have been more done with each PPV feud.

Rev Sharpton was fine in his role as far as guest hosts go, he came, said his bit, and organised a couple of matches.

Nice tag match first up, MVP and Henry have improved both parties, though the right call was made to keep the titles off them. They looked strong, and the continuing story of Big Show saving Jericho continued.

I missed the women's match, though caught the ending. Mickie won, sent a message to Alicia. I would have liked Alicia to have just taken a cheap shot and ran to add a new layer to the feud.

Legacy/DX segment was the weakest one in their so far excellent feud. Legacy looked frightened which they should be, though their inevitable defeat at the PPV won't lead on well. Surely DX won't lose?

Swagger beat Bourne, which was fine, then led to the US hype. I like the Miz and Swagger interaction, but I don't like Kofi just sneaking off with the title. He isn't sneaky, he should have lay them both out and then took the title back. It would have taken 20 seconds. Again, an extra layer to the feud wouldn't go amiss.

Then the possible Chavo face turn. Will this cheer everyone up? They've given you a reason to cheer him now. Of course in a month everyone will be back to not caring about him again. I liked it though. Chavo has seen through other people's eyes and seen how pathetic it is trying to beat up a midget and rightly stopped it. I'm looking forward to the Chavo/Horny tag team now.

The gauntlet was booked right. Neither Jericho or Show would want to beat Cena. They want to punish him as much as possible. The ending was a little weird I'll admit but, again, Orton got beat, not because he was weak, because he was distracted. At Breaking Point he was too busy getting the key, this time he was too busy trying to escape rather than fight.

The spot on top of the cell was a little weird, but I love how it is being criticised when a week ago a TNA PPV crowd sang "this is awesome" to a spot where a tag team (my TNA knowledge isn't good) did a simple double suplex on top of a small cage. Give me the AA anyday.

Weird lead into the PPV, the matches themselves have sold me on the PPV, not the build up which is unusual for me. Some American Football guy is next weeks host. I'm used to not knowing who they are now, but I'm sure a leading sports star should persuade a few more punters to watch.

Well, I didn't watch this episode of Smackdown. Matt Hardy or Y2J didn't wrestle, so I didn't seem interested, plus I went out. But, I looked up the results, and i'm just glad Batista isn't going into the World title scene. He's feuding with Jerishow with rey as his partner, and that is awesome. Hopefully he wins the tag titles, so then he can go on Raw if he wants. That's a great oppurtunity for Batista to focus more on Raw, so the rising stars on SD can, well, rise. However, I love seeing Jericho on Raw.

Ok after watching raw this week i got to say i got a good thing and a few bad thing. First off i really enjoyed raw for the first time in a while. I thought Ben did pretty good but im a big football fan mabey thats why. My favorite thing is Jerishow and Dx i aint big on DX but i love Jerishow as a team and i think that Jericho and Dx promos could be very good. Swagger saying he is going undefeated the rest of the year i hope they actually let him and give him some good wins. Miz as champ thank god kofi cant even cut a promo but why not let him have a 1 on 1 match last night and let him win it on a ppv. I actually enjoyed hornswoggle tonight he was actually kinda humerous with chavo doing the crotch chops lol. Great show overall

Now on to the bad Where the hell was Legacy? I mean they have all that momentum atleast give dibiase a promo if u want to see Rhodes injury i mean come on dont blow the last 3 months. And did you notice the reaction of the iron man match announced we got a ppv that could have been refreshing with the raw vs smackdown concept and they blow it once again like the wwe always does and schedule an hour long match between orton and cena. i know we have had some good ones hart and michaels, lestner angle, and i believe beniot and hhh mabey im wrong but nooone wants to see orton hhh again and what do we get a match for an hour holy cow.

The pro to the iron man match guys i really think cena loses and they move cena to smackdown and bring edge back to raw when he comes back. I mean cena moves to smackdown mabey that will help the ratings. You can have a cena punk feud which would be interesting since what punk said bout him. Cena undertaker feud would be ok and mabey he could put morrison over lol doubt it but i can hope. But everyone knows the wwe doesnt care to swap the titles every month so he will prolly win lets just hope not.

O i forgot to add something who gives a crap bout access hollywood girls as guest host i dont even know there names what in the world

whats yalls take on the show

I personally thought this show was good. Big Ben was very beleivable as a host this week and seemed to know his stuff rather than Sharpton or Barker.

I think a DX Jerishow feud would be good adn then they will probably give the belts to DX because I do not think they have ever been tag champs. Plus then they can feud with the Hart Foundation with Bret Hart in there corner to screw Shawn and HHH.

I hated the opening. Did anyone else have a problem with Cena coming out all happy and saluting, and everything one night after he lost the title?

Cena is always happy so I don't think him losing the title will change that. It might be just me, but the problem with Cena is that his character is really somber and calm at the beginning of his promos, and too exaggerated and over the top at the end. It would be nice to see something in between where he isn't monotone or screaming like a maniac.

I didn't think Raw was a bad show last night. Rothlisberger was actually a pretty decent host. I could of done without the diva bowl for numerous reasons. It seems that Raw always has to placate to the guest host. If the host is a football player they have to have segments about football. If the guest is a musician, they have to have comedy skits about music. I just don't think Raw has to have matches centered around guest host concepts.

Anyways, The Miz and Kofi had a good match. It's good to see The Miz elevated. Even though I never thought he was "buried" to begin with. I was surprised to see Orton and Cena only at the beginning of the show. It looks like WWE knows that this feud should end, and they aren't focusing solely on the main event. The sad thing is, if you've seen one Cena/Orton promo then you have seen them all. They can both put on good matches at least.

I don't know what they are doing with Chavo, Hornswoggle, and Masters. I guess Chavo is a tweener for now. Masters debut has been terrible since the beginning, even worst than R-Truth. It's good to see the tag team division actually getting exposure. I don't care how old these men are, Jerishow and DX are the best combination right now of teams that can get the job done in creating interest in the tag division.

I liked the main event, but I don't know what they are doing with Swagger. I like the idea of Swagger having something, like going for an undefeated streak. It's been done before, and how can someone claim to be undefeated when they have already lost tons of matches? Swagger really needs help on the mic because I don't think anyone bought what he was saying. He has been better with his lisp, but still needs a lot of work in that department.

Overall a decent show, we saw the main event set up for Bragging Rights. Orton vs. Cena in a No DQ match with the stipulation that if Cena loses he goes to Smackdown. So it looks like we will definitely see the end of this feud. My money is on Orton. Smackdown is desperate for main eventers. I don't know how these Access Hollywood women will do next week. I'm sure they're nice to look at, but who are they?

I think it is safe to say they know nothing about wrestling, but then again who does nowadays. Overall I give Raw 7/10

I enjoyed RAW this week from start to finish. First of all, I thought Big Ben did a fantastic job as guest host. He and his O line sincerely looked like they were having fun and enjoyed being there. I don't recall Ben flubbing up any of his lines and he didn't sound like he was reciting a script. Well done, Ben.

I was glad to see that Jack Swagger finally has a decent storyline. Hopefully. His potential undefeated streak could put him into the main event scene by the beginning of next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. I'm a huge fan of Swagger and I think RAW needs more of him!

NorCal NightCap, brought to you by the honorable KB

Maybe its becuase I havent watched wrestling in like 6 weeks. But DAMMIT I thought tonights program was absolutely superb. Wait tonight....it was like three days ago huh? I have no idea what day it is. Pardon me. Anyway....

I actually didnt really mind the diva bowl, truthfully. Mickie's ass in those white pants made my Otcober. Yes, the whole month, they looked that damn good.

I love the idea of Jack Swagger starting another streak. Its will definately build him enough for a showdown with Cena at Armageddon, this assuming Cena is champ by then. Primo, I think, should go to SD. He cant be taken even the least bit seriously as part of the RAW roster, and he would appeal to the hispanic demographic.

The segment with DX, The steelers, and Jerishow was positively fuckin epic. Everything about it. Was just fucking awesome. Marking out, I was. You know, it hadnt occured to me how much of a good idea that would be, bringing in guys from the local NFL team to do the hosting. Good shit.

I LOOOOVVEE that they took the sleeves off of MVP's outfit. It makes him roughly 25 times cooler than before. He looks much more trim than the last time I saw him as well. Im very curious as to wether Mark Henry's injury was legit or not. Guess time will tell. I think MVP is ready to regain his momentum from a couple years back, I was very impressed with him tonight.

Speaking of impressive, what a damn match with Kofi and Miz. I was really happy to see Miz get his first singles title. I dont think ANYONE of the current mid card improved as much as the miz has improved. I mean, when he first came on the scene, a case could be made he didnt even have any buisness being there. At all. Now look at the guy. A legit US champ, and a very interesting character. A case that shows hard work can and does pay off.

FANTASTIC tag match between Jerishow and DX. Personally, I would offer it as a canidate for free MOTY, I was truly thast impressed by it. I would like to see a tag title bout between the guys, possibly at bragging rights. Its pretty obvious to me that this whole DX thing is one last run for HBK, with his buddy, before retirement. That said, I wouldnt mind a tag title run for them. It would also be a way for them to put over a young heel team. Give Jerishow a good heel run to build the belts up, then turn them to DX, so they can in turn build up two guys. Sound booking right there.

I give this show an A grade. Absolutely solid, you cant ask for much more, In my opinion.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

ben definitely did a great job hosting this week..very fluid on the mic and he's already a known wwe/pro wrestling fan so it was an easy mixture..

the diva bowl was cool to look at but it was also beyond pointless and too over the top with the football

i said to myself during the miz match that they wouldnt let him win the belt even tho i knew Kofi was due a loss at some point...im happy they gave it to Miz over Swagger...Swagger has the image to some degree but he doesnt have the mic skills...Mike has the look to some degree and definitely has it on the mic, hes so annoying and its automatically memorable and he's worked his ass off especially since before his style switch i HATED him and wanted him fired..

Orton got too much mic time tonight, he's starting to sound like he has speech problems with how slow he's delivering his lines, i understand the character but he has to deliver that style better than he currently is.

other than that it was an avg show. im not feeling what they are doing with Masters..i feel he should be wrecking shop right now on the smaller guys..i know he's not a good wrestler but his character and strength i think he's a guy you sick on the smaller and medium sized guys and build up to lose to the bigger guys..maybe one day..

sick of the swoggle

I don't think tonight's show topped last week's show. I don't think Nancy or Maria were terrible hosts but they didn't really get any reaction from the crowd. I don't see why every other guest host has to wrestle a match either. At least with Maria, it was nice to see her in a tight outfit. It's sad because I think Maria did a better job in the ring then half of the divas that were there. I don't even want mention the horrible botch job that Jillian did.

I'm glad she won the title for 3 minutes, but her timing in the ring is terrible. I don't know what everyone else sees in her. Triple H had an easy night, plugging his book and talking to Shawn Michaels. It wasn't even funny for 2 minutes, much less the entire night. I'm not a fan of Hornswoggle, but I'm glad to see him in backstage skits instead of in the ring for a change. Even if what he does doesn't make sense.

I don't know why JeriShow is breaking up. It may just be for the PPV, but it doesn't make sense that your only heels and the only tag team with merit in the WWE are splitting. It's nice to see Swagger, Kofi, and Rhodes qualify for the main event PPV tonight. Sorry I can't say the same for MVP or Bourne. Has Bourne even won a match on Raw? I don't understand the Diva trade. It benefits Smackdown but not Raw. Raw has Melina, Eve Torres and the Bella Twins. Smackdown has the best two Divas in Mickie James and Beth Phoenix.

It's nice to see Dibiase get a win over Orton, even if it was just a quick roll up. Something tells me Legacy will blow up sometime after the PPV. Then we can see Rhodes and Dibiase shine in singles action. I'm not a huge Miz fan, but I am impressed with him recently. I think his match with Morrison at the PPV may be the match of the night. The Miz has been getting a nice reaction and has been getting better and better on the mic. It's just nice to hear a reaction for once instead of crickets we normally here from other stars.

It was a decent Raw overall, nothing spectacular. A new Diva's Champion crowned, and some good competitors on the Raw side for the PPV. I'm glad I guess that Triple H isn't in the main event, but they need to give him something to do. We get to see him against Cena next week at least. I'm just not a big fan of Triple H or Michaels sitting backstage cracking 5th grade jokes and doing nothing but plugging crappy merchandise. It should be interesting to see what they do with Snoop Dogg with the PG Rating. I think Snoop might actually be one of the best hosts.

I think Raw has at least done a decent job setting up the PPV so far. I just don't know what they are going to do for Survivor Series if this a Smackdown vs. Raw PPV. I just hope that Snoop doesn't kick Chavo in the nuts and say "That was Nutty".

Overall: 7/10

NorCal Night Cap, presented courtesy of AFN

Not a bad show tonight. I dont think it topped the quality of last week, but it certainley played on through with the momentum. I enjoyed the opening segment well enough. Jericho's face has more talent and selling abilities than most wrestlers entire bodies. Both of the guest hosts were SMOKIN hot, goodness, and didnt do a bad job. They werent overly involved in making the show better per se, but they didnt take away from it.

I was actually pretty damn entertained with the diva segment to open things out. Jillian was pretty hilarious in victory, and in defeat, and its always fun to have a shocker match finish. not bad, although there were about 3 or 4 HORRENDOUS botches between the three girls.

Jericho and Show has a fairly entertaining little guy big guy match. Ill be interested to see who Jericho gets for SD, since Show and CM Punk wont be on his team. Im thinkin my main man Ziggler gets into that match. Sweet.

I rpoclaimed that big things were iin the future of both Dibiase and Rhodes, and it looks like I was right. Rhodes gets to go it alone in the 7 on 7, and Ted gets a pin on Orton. Legacy becomes more precarious by the day, just waiting to fracture. I am thinking they dont make it past the rumble, If they even get that far.

I straight up forgot Evan Bourne was a WWE wrestler before his music hit. Lulz. Not a bad match between he and Kofi though, and its good to see him back. He has improved a LOT since ECW, and it would be good to see him maybe get in some work with Teh Miz. I was of course VERY pumped that Swagger got to be on the 7 on 7 team, and still love the streak. Good preformance by him, in what was sort of a weird match i felt. Very sudden. Sucks it had to come against MVP, who i thought was back on the upswing.

Ending segment was pretty cool with the chaos. Dunno why Cena needed to look, like, worried about wrestling Triple H next week. Its not like anything is on the line, or that they havent wrestled before. I didnt get that. I also dont get how a moron like Cole gets to be the commentator of that show. Does he think at all before he just blurbs out ignorant shit? "Ortons most bitter rival, Cena"....uuuuummmm what about the guy whose family he put into the hospital, one by one? The guy whose wife he kissed right in front of him? The guy who broke into Ortons house and terrorized Ortons family? Id say Triple H is more of a bitter rival. Cole. You sound like a dumb fuck.

Good show though. A solid B from The NorCal

Hell yeah! I've not seen most of Smackdown but that Miz/Morrison segment was absolute genius. Miz was his usual excellent standard and that was the best mic work I've seen yet from JoMo. He sounded like a main eventer, the crowd loved it to bits. The way his promo work, and indeed the whole segment, started off cool, relaxed and understated and then built to a superbly tense and believable finale was a masterclass in pacing. Normally only Edge segments are so smoothly done. Both these guys showed why they are The Future, trademarked. They'll continue on their parallel paths after the PPV - which I am now properly stoked for - but I look forward to their future feuds.

Meh, the Dirst Sheet was nothing great in my book.

Ok, they tried to make it look serious, but damn, John Morrison can't cut a promo seriously, I was laughing when he started screaming at The Miz, he isn't in any kind a belieavable threat when he screams it just makes me laugh so hard.

"OHH!!! I DARRRRRE YOU!!! I DARE YOU!"

Seriously? Is this the best that Morrison can do? If so, then he should never main-event in the WWE, it's pointless, he has now mic skills at all, comparing him with The Miz is insulting to the Miz and I don't like Miz at all.

About the whole SmackDown! show, it wasn't great, it's was good, Batista/Mysterio finish was nothing great, they tried to make it look like a fluke win for Mysterio with Batista kicking out but the referee not seeing it, maybe they are targeting to a Batista heel turn in the near future...

I don't know, I prefered a lot more iMPACT! than SmackDown! to be honest, and SmackDown! is WWE's best show without a doubt.

Raw really surprised me this and last week. The shows improving and i really didnt mind Snoop Dogg as guest host, in fact thought he did a great job.

here are my highlights of Raw from October 19 2009

-HHH Vs. Cena : great match, descent back and forth action, lots of near falls, both finishers and the best part of it all nobody could honestly predict the ending unless you thought Orton was going to interfere which he didnt which made the match even better!

-Snoop Dogg : Ok not too many of us really like the guest host concept and especially when the hosts get into the ring BUT when Snoop "gored" Chavo it was done pretty well! looked good so for me if they are going to have the celebs come into the ring at least have it look half real in the fake wwe world we live in. Also the comedy skits were tolerable with the mentions of "grass"

-Micheals Vs. Jericho : Well this math didnt happen and im glad it didnt bc it would serve no purpose to give away 2 main events 1 being unadvertised on free tv. The end of Raw setup this sundays PPV match and what looks like Raw invading smackdown this friday! (my prediction)

-Dibiase Vs. Orton : creative did a great job in the tease here. Really it could have gone either way and a betting man would really been divided, but they went the right way. The slow eventual split. Maybe Dibiase interferes this sunday. Regardless he got a HUGE pop and when he turns is going to be a HUGE face bc the "WWE universe" wants it....

Overall i give Raw from last night a solid 8-10...it advanced the PPV, advanced the Dibiase face turn, Cena lost clean in a great match and the host did a good job....

your thought on RAW from October 19?

Funny DX opening...I loved the allusion to "Katie Vick". Orton/DiBiase did exactly what it was supposed to do, I see Ted getting involved at PPV. So bummed about not getting to see HBK/Jericho. Two of the all time best, come on and let them go a bit before all hell breaks loose.

Pretty good show last night.

The beginning was a little long, but served it's purpose. I don't think it was exactly smart for DX to do the whole "who they hell are they?" routine, because some people probably don't know of guys like Eric Escobar are. Pretty good though. The best part was questioning Kofi's nationality, I lol'd.

I like the 5 man tag, especially Swaggah getting the pin. The match was decent enough and it did it's job building toward the PPV.

I really, really liked the Dibiase/Orton match. The whole thing was set up perfectly and the crowd was really into it. After Ted merely pushed Orton, they exploded. Just an incredible segment, one of the best Dibiase has ever had. Very interested to see how they play this break up.

Snoop Dogg segment wasn't bad, Santino Charlie Brown costume was pretty good. It got a little stupid though with Jillian singing and all that. I question the weed references though. I'm pretty sure most parents watching with their kids would change the channel there.

Cena/HHH match was solid, surprised that HHH won. The more and more I think about it, I think Cena may lose, but I'm not sure. I also like how Cena was more quiet and businesslike instead of running around and shouting like a 7 year old, it was refreshing.

Fell asleep after that, apparently Jannety got his ass kicked by Miz, that sounds fine. Snoop speared Chavo or something, that's just great. Joey Lagano and Kyle Busch??? Fuck NASCAR! The end sounded a bit clusterfuckish, but I'm sure it was great to see Vickie back on Raw.

Pretty good show, at least from what I saw. Snoop did a good job (his new song was awful though). Hopefully they can keep this going next week, possibly without Cena?

Overall I felt last nights show was a great lead in and really drew me in to being really interested in the PPV.....

But the one thing that stood out to me the most from the whole night was the moment where Kofi spoke and didn't have his Jamaican accent and Trips calling him out on it was absolutely hysterical, even Kofi's face was priceless at that moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back