[OFFICIAL] NXT Aftermath, Review, and Ratings Thread

The whole episode was full of lulz, with CM Punk joining commentary, Cole coming back with a great promo, Aksana not knowing what a llama is, and every commentator's ridiculous, over-the-top sarcastic attitude.
Yes, the matches were terrible, though AJ and Naomi are good. But who cares? AJ had the best promo of the Talk the Talk contest, though no one was really that great. Great work by AJ there. Kaitlyn describing people in their underwear and saying she was turned on by one guy in the audience was both awkward and a riot. And with Punk and Cole ripping on the show and forgetting the girls' names and totally overselling EVERYTHING to the dismay of poor Josh Matthews, this could have been the best episode in NXT history from a pure lulz standpoint.
B
Ok, first off, let me say, i agree with you. This show was dull with wrestling, with the exception of Naomi in the ring and AJ and Maxine. Those 3 actually have a future as wrestlers. I wasnt a huge fan of Cole returning because that promo while great for his heel status was also annoying in my book, i dont think he should've quit at all.

It didnt make sense, why did Cole quit only to return next week??? However, he is good at announcing (except when it comes to Vickie, whenever anyone, including Punk, calls her beautiful, i just want to barf). Anyway, Punk was GOLD on commentary. Whenever Punk retires from wrestling, he NEEDS to announce. I loved his lines tonight. he made fun of Jamie by calling her Janice, made fun of Cole by saying "Vintage" and made the show enjoying with him just being on there. As for the show, AJ Lee, Noami, Maxine and even Kaitlyn were good on the show. love hearing Kaitlyn speak, HATE the feud with Vickie. Vickie is NOT The Miz. AJ Lee was gold on the mic tonight and was good in the ring. Naomi is good in the ring too and i agree with what she said in her talk the talk challenge and of course Maxine had a good match. However, Jamie is dull, Aksana is just annoying and the challenges are also annoying. Musical chairs huh!! This isnt a wrestling show, it's more entertainment and sadly Punk on commentary makes this show.

PUNK.IS.GOD

Man what a breath of fresh air it was to have CM Punk on commentary for this episode of NXT. His lines were just spot on and they were kinda reminiscient of when JBL used to be a commentator. I do hope it's not something too long term as of yet because I really like Punk fighting in the ring, but give that guy a personal headset when he hangs up the boots.

Anyways, despite all the hate about NXT Season 3, I have been enjoying it so far. But in terms of my opinions about the rookie Divas, they have definitely been changed from this show. Here's my review based on individual performance (Last week's rankings can be found on my post on the NXT General Discussion Thread):

AJ Lee-
Last week: 2
This week: 1

Tonight's episode was the AJ show. I loved that she was able to step up this week, though I am still really clamoring for AJ vs. Naomi either next week or on elimination night. AJ won musical chairs in controversial fashion, and it was pretty cool to see Divas in the middle of controversy as it added a shock factor when I found out AJ won. AJ also delivered a pretty darn good promo that STAYED ON TOPIC!!! She also won this challenge and also won her match in controversial fashion. I had to rewind the part where Maxine delivered a Brainbuster (according to Punk) to AJ, but AJ was able to float over and pin Maxine. Not a very climactic ending to the match, but still it was nice to see AJ win again. Yep, AJ stole the show tonight, and that's why she takes the top spot.

Kaitlyn-
Last week: 3
This week: 2

With Jamie severely underperforming this week, Kaitlyn jumps a spot. I personally loved the promo Kaitlyn delivered about "ignition". I think it actually got the biggest reaction of the night, although it was very mixed, which is probably why she lost the challenge. Really sucked that Kaitlyn lost the match and got tore up by Laycool. If it was me, I would have saved the beatdown for if and when Kaitlyn gets eliminated. But because this happened tonight, I am really hoping that Kaitlyn gets some retribution either next week or on elimination night. Maybe a match between Kaitlyn and Layla?

Naomi-
Last week: 4
This week: 3

Naomi is growing on me more and more in the ring. She was a sight to watch in the 6 Diva tag match tonight. Like I said last week, she is really athletic and she continues to impress me with everything she does from an athletic standpoint. I felt really disappointed though that she decided not to do the talk the talk challenge and instead opted to talk about wanting to fight in the ring. She had an awesome topic and as soon as I found out that she got toupee, I was begging for her to make fun of CM Punk's shaved head. A great opportunity wasted. She also lost the musical chairs match to AJ even though she got more of her butt in the chair, but rules are rules I guess. Overall, she may have lost her challenges, but won at what she's good at. Gotta give her props for that.

Jamie Keyes-
Last week: 1
This week: 4

Jamie really dropped the ball on this night. She got eliminated second in musical chairs, but it's the other stuff she's involved in that made me really cringe. First off, During the "Talk the Talk" Challenge, like Naomi, she opted not to talk about her subject of teeth. Last week she had a good outing on the stick and had the crowd going for her, but this week because of her changing of the topic, her tired promo of being the best that she can be, and subsequent disqualification, she really lost her crowd support. She could have easily said something simple like, "I'm gonna perform at my best and I'm gonna do it all with a beautiful set of white teeth." Jamie, in my opinion, is still the best on the mic as she never really messes up or chokes, but she really dropped the ball tonight. She also underperformed in the 6 Diva match as well. Although her team won, there were so many chances Jamie had to perform that she never went for. That whole bit where Layla makes fun of her power lifting and presents her beautifully toned ass as if to beg her to kick it, Jamie could have easily taken advantage of that and could have helped the crowd get back on her side that night. Instead we get 30 seconds of Jamie looking clueless as to what to do while Layla does what she does best. Don't get me wrong, I am all for Jamie making it to the top as I still think she's incredibly hot, but if Jamie is to regain the top spot, it's gonna have to be because of her promo cutting since her in ring work is sub par at best.

Aksana-
Last week: 6
This week: 5

I can't believe that I took Aksana up a spot. Yes, Aksana didn't do anything during her promo except spend a minute trying to figure out what a llama is. But she did get her Profile video shown tonight and she was also pretty "entertainment" with Goldust when she did her segment about possibly getting deported. I think they're trying to start up a program for Aksana to base her performance off of and this definitely could help her cause. I'm pretty sure her match next week is gonna suck, but at least she's got some footing.

Maxine-
Last week: 5
This week: 6

Maxine lost her match to AJ so that already is a turnoff. She delivered a Brainbuster type move to AJ and I thought it would have been over, but some weird crap went on that caused AJ to win. This makes two matches where Maxine loses in some weird way. A couple weeks ago she was pinned by Naomi apparently twice. Her topic for the "Talk The Talk" Challenge was "Foot" and I thought it was sad to see that her promo wasn't any better other than making fun of AJ yet again. I'll give her some props that she did give a decent promo for what it was, but because of the dominance of AJ and Naomi, Kaitlyn and Jamie's beautifulness as well as the footing given to Aksana, Maxine has no choice but to drop to the bottom spot.

Maxine is possibly the best diva on the mic in both WWE and TNA right now other than The Beautiful People and Lay-Cool. Every time this girl talks I listen, and I'm pretty sure that is the point. She manages to get her point across, already has a catchy catch phrase, and is great at playing the heel. The only thing lacking is the in-ring work, but that isn't the most important thing with Diva's these days, although she doesn't get much time in the ring and I'm sure she'll improve.

Naomi Night continues to impress. She is agressive and athletic, a pretty decent talker, and works good in the ring. She can get some energy in the crowd, which is important. She was my number one girl after week one, and she is still in the top three.

I'm now torn between AJ Lee and Jaime Keyes. One is in the top tier and one is in the lower tier, and I can't decide which belongs where. AJ is the essential Lucky Cannon/Heath Slater, with no personality what-so-ever. She's better than llama girl, at least, but that's mainly because I can unserstand her. I'll give her props for a decent promo, this week-well, actually it still sucked, but it least she tried to put something in it and connected on some level with me, which she had failed to do yet. Maybe she can get over on ring work alone, like Danielson and Kaval: except less personality, but her looks could fill in for that. Right now she cuts into the top-three but it's close.

Jaime seems better on the mic so far, mainly due to her opening video package and her joke on the second episode. I haven't seen much from her yet in-ring wise, certainly not on par with AJ, but she's passable and can get better. She seems to remind me of a former rookie diva from around 10 years ago named Trish, yet I don't know why. She also seems to have some Torrie Wilson mixed into that too: as in, she looks good and knows how to have fun. I like that aspect of her.

Kaitlyn's initial introduction and week one impressed me. Since then, she has been nothing more than a set of nice tits, and I could care less.

I'm not even going to say anything about Llama girl. Just be thankful Goldust is her pro, so he gets his much deserved TV time each week.

On another note, C.M. Punk should commentate when he retires. I get the feeling Josh Matthews could be the next big face commentator if given the right heel to work with, i.e. Michael Cole.

Speaking of Michael Cole, he came across as such a douche I wanted to turn the channel last night. That is good heel work if there ever was any. Then his commentary was just hilarious. I like how he blurs the line between face and heel, it makes it seem more real to me.

Lay-Cool are epic. I miss them as pros. Can they replace Vickie for good?

And that's all that I have on last night's show and my general thoughts so far.

Man, I love Kaitlyn!! Not only is she from my hometown of Houston, Texas, but she is just so thick and busty! Those curves.......and it seems like her personality ain't bad either. Doesn't take herself seriously.

My God This Was Entertaining. As has been noted in this thread, this show was not great from a wrestling stand-point but it was damn entertaining. No one was really sure who Cole's replacement was going to be and for it to be Punk was genius. The move came out of left field. Punk was magnificent behind the desk and was truly very good at playing the heel commentator.

As for the rest of the show, it was a mixed bag. The Musical Chairs segment was enjoyable, as were some of the promos in the Talk the Talk Challenge. Oksana is probably one of the more entertaining competitors, and it's due to her accent/ethnicity. Currently, AJ & Naomi are the clear favourites and one of them will most likely win. The use of Laycool was a nice touch, emphasising how well connected Vickie is.

Overall this was an enjoyable show that I give: 4/5.

This is the first episode of season 3 that I have watched. The wrestling was mostly crap and the most entertaining thing was the commentary. First off I don't see why all of you are praising Punk like there's no tomorrow. Punk was good behind the desk but this is NXT and not Raw or Smackdown. The announcing on NXT is different from the other shows. Punk did well because all he had to do was crack jokes, I wouldn't be praising him so highly until he takes on the role of announcer on a real show and not a comedy one. Cole, Punk, and Josh buried all the rookies, which I can't say they don't deserve. Cole is great on NXT, would definitely tune in next week for the commentary.

Cm Punk joins Josh Matthews for commentary. Josh tries to be nice to Punk by giving him a picture, but Punk tears it up. I’m liking this already.

Kelly Kelly Challenges LayCool

Striker brings out the rookie Divas, but before he can get started with tonight’s show. Vickie interrupts. She takes all the credit for Kaitlyn's challenge victory last week. Vickie announces Kaitlyn VS Jamie. She introduces LayCool as Kaitlyn's coaches for tonight. LayCool talks about how great they are. They trash all of the Divas. Michelle is scared of Maxine’s ugliness. This was pretty funny. Kelly Kelly interrupts. Since the Bellas aren’t there to back up Jamie, Kelly challenges LayCool and Kaitlyn to a match against herself, Jamie, and Naomi. LayCool gladly accepts.

LayCool and Vickie made this segment worth watching. LayCool’s bashing of the Divas was just great, and Vickie received tons of heat as usual.

Musical Chairs

Well, this was pretty silly. A.J. wins the musical chairs challenge to gain some momentum, but did we really need a referee to judge this? Couldn’t Striker have done this himself?

Aksana’s bio is shown.

Aksana talks to Goldust about her green card problems. She seems worried, but Goldust gives her a pep talk.

Nexus VS Cena recap is shown.

A.J. VS Maxine

This was an okay match. A.J. picks up the win here with a brainbuster, and her momentum swing for the night continues. Alicia Fox doesn’t look happy about her rookie’s loss. A.J. and Maxine have become rivals on NXT. Maxine has showed signs of being a good heel, and A.J. is clearly the star of NXT season 3 so far, so it’ll interesting to see how things develop between these two as time goes on.

After the match, Michael Cole returns. Cole gets a good amount of heat, as he announces his return to commentary on NXT. He rips the fans, and takes a shot a Braylon Edwards. Cole says he’s doing the right thing, and that all of this is for his fans, “the Cole-Miners.” He hugs Matthews and Punk. Cole returns…..this is great.

Talk To Talk Challenge

Naomi and Jamie get disqualified for going off topic. Aksana doesn’t know her animals too well. Maxine was pretty decent. She calls out A.J. again. She says she will use her foot to squash her. Again, Maxine is showing signs of a good heel. Kaitlyn was awful. A.J. wins yet another challenge by talking about caffeine. The majority of these Divas were terrible on the mic, and for the most part, this challenge was painful to watch.

Namoi, Jamie & Kelly Kelly VS LayCool & Kaitlyn

Nothing really happened here. Layla mocked Jamie, and kaitlyn hit a nice spear. Namoi is able to get the pinfall on Kaityln for the win. After the match kaitlyn gets chewed out by layCool. She pushes Michelle , and of course she pays for that, as McCool comes right back with a hard kick to the head. Vicike and LayCool yell at Kaityln to close the show.

This was an okay episode. The highlights of the night were Punk joining the commentary team, and Cole’s return. CM Punk joining commentary is a great move. Punk’s commentary was great during this epiosde, and I look forward to seeing the team of Matthews, Punk, and Cole in action. Punk and Cole will probably spend most of their time bullying Matthews, but still, Cole and Punk calling NXT should be awesome. A.J. continues her momentum with a challenge win, and a victory over Maxine. Aksana’s green card issues are sure to cause some problems next week. The drama between Kaityln and Vickie continues, and this seems to be the top stroyline on NXT. It’ll be interesting to see how things play out on the next episode, and Dolph will probably continue to get involved in all of this. Although, besides being hot, Kaitlyn really doesn’t bring anything to the table, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she got eliminated first.

NXT
Date: September 28, 2010
Commentators: Josh Matthews, Michael Cole

Back in Bloomington this week as the show was taped. There’s a chance this is the final episode on Sci-Fi but that hasn’t been confirmed yet. On my digital preview there’s a sci-fi show on next week, but a week later, on the 12th, NXT is listed. It’s likely a misprint but interesting nonetheless. Let’s get to it.

We open by recapping musical chairs. It amuses me how they’ve just given up on this being a wrestling show at all and are just trying to make it as entertaining as possible. Talk the Talk is a bit better but it is kind of interesting to see WWE say how talking is very important and apparently more important than wrestling.

No Punk to start us out which makes me a sad reviewer.

Striker brings out the girls who mostly look good. Maxine still has the straight hair which looks really weird on her for some reason. Voting for the first elimination begins tomorrow on WWE.com which is where the results show will likely be seen. There’s a wheelbarrow in the aisle and they have to run around the ring with it, fastest time wins.

Maxine is first but before we start we need something in the wheelbarrow. And here’s Hornswoggle to make me roll my eyes. Cole asks what this has to do with being a Diva as Maxine sets the mark at 14.7 seconds. Horny bites her ass after she shoves him out of the wheelbarrow.

Naomi goes second and beats her time but they keep the clock running anyway for some reason as they have a tendency to do, putting her in second.

Jamie gets 14.4 to take the lead.

Kaitlyn is fourth and flies through this, getting 12 flat. Cole gets the line of the night as he yells at Josh: YOU’RE ANALYZING A WHEELBARROW RACE! He’s annoying but you can’t deny that he’s right.

AJ is the next to last girl and is rocking an I Love Nerds t-shirt. She’s nowhere close and Horny hugs her for a long time.

Aksana goes last and gets 13.9 to give Kaitlyn the win. What a great way to spend the first 13 minutes of a wrestling show.

This Week in WWE History is about Madison Square Garden and in particular the Raw where there was a triple interview with Dude Love, Cactus Jack and Mankind where Cactus returned and had a great falls count anywhere match with HHH. Oh and Austin gave Vince the first Stunner between the two. And now, back to the wheelbarrow racing show.

We profile AJ and how nerdy she is. We get a cool clip of her in line for tickets to Wrestlemania in MSG which I’m assuming was 20. That’s very cool that she is in a clip from footage like that as a kid for some reason.

Diss the Divas later tonight. Oh joy: more reading from scripts.

And now we recap Raw. I wonder how long they can go without actual wrestling on this show. Well that’s enough content so we need another commercial now.

Yep next week we’re on WWE.com. Not sure how that’ll effect the reviews but I’ll get it up somehow.

We profile Kaitlyn now who wants to be herself. And ANOTHER commercial. It’s 10:35 and there has not been a single piece of wrestling whatsoever. They’re coming back for 2 minutes of profiles etc and then a commercial.

Back from a break and we recap Smackdown with the Taker vs. Kane segment. When I say that, I mean they PLAY THE WHOLE THING. I don’t mean a highlight package, I don’t mean a synopsis, I mean Kane is talking about Undertaker and the druids are about to come out and Paul Bearer is about to return. If you’re curious as to what’s going on see my Smackdown review because I’m not talking about something I reviewed four days ago.

Time for Diss the Divas which is exactly what it sounds like. Aksana goes first and says she’s hot which she is. Her diss to the Divas is they don’t look as good as she does and she’s in better shape.

AJ goes second and is rather adorable. This is by far the highlight of the show which is hardly saying much. AJ says she belongs more here and she should be the winner because she’s not the typical Diva. This would come off better if Cole would SHUT UP. It’s one thing to get on the girls but it’s another thing to talk over them so we can’t even hear them.

Kaitlyn does an impression of Naomi by sticking her ass out. Naomi literally kicks it and that’s all for Kaitlyn.

Jamie says Aksana belongs in a circus and AJ is a ten year old but Jamie is awesome. Striker is more or less begging them to pick this up as it’s awful.

Naomi says this is about wrestling and entertainment and has them beat in those areas. Kaitlyn only won last week because Naomi messed up. Shame AJ won last week but whatever.

Maxine says the same thing she’s said every week as AJ and Kaitlyn conspire and play patty cake in the background.

AJ wins the competition over Naomi but just slightly, giving her the most victories and immunity.

And here’s Vickie to make sure we get her face time this week since this is the Vickie/Cole show. She bashes Kaitlyn who more or less turns face and wants Vickie in a match. Vickie accepts but gets a BIG OLD SLAP to Kaitlyn. That was Stephanie level slapping and somehow the highlight of the show. They “brawl” to end this joke of a show.

Overall Rating: F. This was an absolute joke. They can’t throw in a two minute match just to give us something? I don’t watch this show to see a segment I already watched. The show is moving to WWE.Com and I can’t imagine this show is going to make people want to watch it. I love the WWE but I never want to hear them complain about ratings again, not after this. Horrible show with no appealing value at all like this show usually has with its bad comedy. I feel sorry for the people that paid for tickets to it.

Ok, so I actually decided to tune in and watch last night. First time all season. I mainly wanted to check it out because of Punk, but he wasnt there which was a bad start. But anyways, here are my thoughts on the show and the divas:

They start off with a challenge which is pretty meh. But what made it somewhat watchable is the commentary, which is nothing new, as these guys have been great since the beginning. After the challenge, the show takes a sharp turn down boring as fuck avenue. The next half hour plus is all recaps and commercials. They throw in little interviews with AJ and Kaitlyn (my two favorite rookies), but thats all. Then they do another challenge, which was just as disappointing. Then the show ends. Not a single second of wrestling in the whole hour. Really?

As for the rookies, there are only two that I am interested in, and those are AJ and Kaitlyn. AJ is the clear cut, obvious winner of this thing. She is by far, the best out of the 6 rookies, and I can tell that from this one episode. Shes already more over than some of the veteran divas. She has a very bright future. I also like Kaitlyn. Shes kind of goofy and incredibly green, but theres something about her that makes me like her. Oh yeah, I know what it is: her looks. She is really hot. Maxine also caught my attention, mainly because she reminds me of a female McGillicutty. Her gimmick, attitude, promos, are all very similar to the way McGillicutty was last season. The other 3 divas did nothing special for me.

Long story short, I dont know if I'll watch it again. Maybe if I'm bored and have nothing to do. But based on this episode, which I give a D-/F, there isnt much to make me want to watch like there was in the previous two seasons.

This week's NXT was fraught with promos and no wrestling whatsoever. That being said, it still made for somewhat of an entertaining night. This is also gonna be the last televised NXT as it will switch to WWE.com starting next week. I guess it makes sense for CM Punk not to be on commentary this week as he probably wouldn't want to be on a webshow no one's really gonna watch (except me of course).

Because of the lack of extra content, the reviews might be a little bit rambly and will probably Only talk about significant moments they had tonight. Here's my review based on individual performance (Last week's rankings are in parenthesis):

AJ Lee-

AJ won the Diss the Diva challenge this week adding another win to her cause. If my memory serves me correctly, AJ now has the most challenges won under her belt so that means she has immunity. I don't think she needs it though. She's already popular enough with the crowd and she's got that Mickie James feel about her that gets people behind her. AJ also had her profile video shown this week and man I'm in love with her laugh and smile. She also gave us a wonderful moment when she gave the ass out hug to Hornswoggle during the wheelbarrow run challenge as well as playing patty cake with Kaitlyn while Maxine was trying to cut a promo.

Kaitlyn-

BEST FUCKING PROMO OF THE NIGHT!!! I don't care what anybody says. "Who am I?" *sticks butt out way in the air to imitate Naomi* "...just remember who fell flat on her butt and is still gonna win season 3 of NXT." In all truth, her chances are actually pretty high. Unlike everybody else, she legitimately dissed a Diva and got some heat on her at that moment. Seems like somebody's learning from Laycool. I think Kaitlyn is trying to be a face but if she wants to be a heel, I think she could pull it off too. It was also pretty funny when Naomi was dissing Kaitlyn and Kaitlyn still got the last word doing the butt thing. But it's not only her promo tonight that makes me think she could win it. She does have a good amount of crowd support and could really get a lot of momentum behind her when the Kaitlyn/Vickie feud comes to a head. Anybody that stands up to Vickie is automatically gonna get a pop, so Kaitlyn can use that to her advantage. I don't see her getting eliminated this week due to the love she's got from the crowd. If there's any chink in Kaitlyn's armor, it's her wrestling which we didn't get to see from anyone this week but it can define her as more eliminations continue.

Naomi-

Gotta give props to Naomi for the solid promo she gave about Kaitlyn. Best line was "...if you (Kaitlyn) would have gone any slower, Vickie would have had a better time than you."

Jamie Keyes-

Jamie keeps her spot, but again the same problem arises, her not taking advantage of opprotunities. Jamie dissed Aksana and AJ, but didn't take time to diss the rest of them. With NXT not having wrestling this week it was only the challenges where the Divas could show their stuff. the wheelbarrow run was a pass/fail, so the promo time was all they had to exhibit something even in losing. I am a big Jamie mark despite all the haters, and as a small note, I think she is starting to get some footing as a heel which you could have seen during Maxine's promo. That being said, Jamie does have a pretty good shot at being eliminated next week.

Aksana-

At least Aksana had a line this week. At the end of her promo in her broken English she finished with the line, "All the rookie Divas wanna be like Aksana." I still don't like her, but at least this week she was better than...

Maxine-
This week: 6

I actually had to watch her promo again on YT and keep myself focused on her promo while AJ and Kaitlyn we're playing Pattycake and Jamie was berating them. Man it was hard to do. Both Jamie and Maxine have the best promo skills out of the Divas IMO, but the difference between Jamie and Maxine is that Jamie has a more defined voice, while Maxine's doesn't really have that much of an oomph to keep you focused on her, hence why I kept watching what Kaitlyn and AJ were doing. Hopefully it may lead to a Kaitlyn/AJ vs Jamie/Maxine match. I would enjoy that. Maxine has a really big shot at being eliminated next week as she hasn't really done anything memorable to keep us entertained.

There you go. Sorry if it got a little rambly.

NXT
Date: October 5, 2010
Commentators: Michael Cole, Josh Matthews

I apologize for the delay here as I missed the online broadcast and had to wait for it to be put online.

This is the first elimination night and also the first episode on WWE.com. That gives them the benefit of not having to deal with no one watching it I suppose. After last week I expect very little but we’ll see how it goes I guess. Let’s get to it.

Standard recap opening and Striker brings out the girls. Kaitlyn vs. Vickie tonight of course. Striker talking about the next breakout Diva is rather funny. Apparently them saying AJ is immune last week means nothing as we have two more competitions to go. First up is mechanical bull riding.

The Bellas volunteer to demonstrate. They have their music playing for their walk from the stage to the bull, all of 10 feet away. This goes nowhere but they look good so we have that to go on at least.

Naomi is up first and gets 12.5 seconds.

Aksana is rather impressive as she almost gets knocked off but hangs onto the side of it to break Naomi’s time.

AJ is third and has a cowgirl hat. She doesn’t break ten seconds. Aksans got 17.9 which I forgot to mention.

Jamie gets 10.9. Riveting stuff here let me tell you.

Maxine who needs her hair curled and faceplants at 9.8.

Kaitlyn goes last and gets ten seconds flat. Aksana wins and has a match next.

Maxine vs. Aksana

Goldust has the Million Dollar Belt from last night too. He has a book coming out soon so that’s the likely explanation for his sudden mini push. Somehow this is the first match in two weeks for this show. Goldust actually coaches from the apron which is his job. Alicia isn’t capable of speaking I don’t think so she’s not much of a coach. Maxine hits a big clothesline but gets rolled up by Aksana for the pin. Came out of nowhere and made limited sense of course but who cares about that?

Rating: N/A. Goldust was the most interesting thing in this match. Nothing special at all but somehow again this is the best match in two weeks on this show. That sums up the show very well I think.

Raw recap, which was a really good show. Four minutes of the show killed off here.

Kaitlyn vs. Vickie is still happening tonight.

We have a Talent Show tonight too. Oh dear. I think I made a joke about that a few weeks ago. I WASN’T BEING SERIOUS!

Aksana’s talents are push-ups but she bends forward and puts her torso between her legs so if you were looking straight at her you would see the bottom of her feet and the top of her head.

Naomi goes second and of course dances. Oh and she raps. Can we watch Kelly dance instead?

AJ says she’s going to give Cole a personality but changes to flexibility which is rather impressive. She’s insanely cute.

Jamie’s talent is turning men on. This isn’t going to end well. She hits on Matt and says she thinks he’s hot. This is accompanied by the WWE version of sexy music and she kind of stares at him. Not as bad as I expected.

Kaitlyn goes 5th and is going to draw us something. Maxine adjusts her boobs while this is going on. Cole: she can draw a picture but can she draw money? She draws a stick figure of Vickie. Funnier than it sounds actually.

Maxine goes last and wants to apologize to Horny. Does he have to be on every show now? Oh it was from when she shoved him too hard. She made a pie for him and you can see the ending from here.

We do the vote and Naomi and Jamie get booed loudly. Kaitlyn wins, making her tied with AJ for the most wins. The fans get to vote and Kaitlyn with her awesome boobs get it.

Make-A-Wish video. WE GET IT.

Recap of Kaitlyn vs. Vickie which is somehow the main story of the season.

Vickie Guerrero vs. Kaitlyn

Dolph comes out with Vickie of course. At least it’s not that horrible You Make the Rain Fall song again. Vickie is in an EXCUSE ME shirt. And there’s the horrible song again. Vickie’s thighs are huge and we stall for her to warm up. A minute gone by and no contact yet. Drop toehold to I guess take over for Kaitlyn.

Is Vickie supposed to be the ring general here? She hits the floor and grabs Kaitlyn’s hair. They “fight” on the floor as this is just bad. Vickie kicks her a few times and by that I mean puts her foot on Kaitlyn and shoves a bit. Kaitly gets a slam for one and then the rollup for the pin.

Rating: F+. Vickie Guerrero is the leader of a match. Do I need to explain to you why this was bad?

Elimination time. They don’t even both with the poll here as Jamie is gone.

Overall Rating: D. Well the show was bad still but somehow this is way better than last week’s offering. It never ceases to amaze me how much of an improvement you get by having bad matches as opposed to no matches at all. Also we actually advanced the story a bit here by getting rid of Jamie who is pretty much the dead weight of the season. Her this is she’s built but Aksana does that and is hotter at the same time. This wasn’t the worst show they’ve ever put on but by comparison to last week’s this was great. Bad still though.

Actually...its quite impressive live. I was glad to be there and sitting 2nd row facing the cameras. After the Vickie-Kaitlyn match, when the rookie was hugging dolph, you could see my friend's sign that he made that said "Ziggy-Piggy" trust me...its got plenty of reaction from VIckie and dolph when they first made their ways to the ring that night. lol But it was cool to see it, and I'm glad Kaitlyn was immune. But jamie...i was a little surprised that she was eliminated, but then again, considering who her pros were, the bellas, it probably shoudln't have been a big surprise after all.

Looks like I'll have to get a new sig...

So yeah this was the first round of eliminations and the one who I was backing the whole time has been eliminated first. However because of how well the other rookies have performed I think all is not lost. Kaitlyn and AJ are still in the running so I'm happy. I do wish though that they kept the ranking thing like they did the past two seasons to make it seem a little more tense to see the names listed off the board.

Anyways, here are my updated rankings:

Kaitlyn:

Kaitlyn probably had the most stress out of everybody else as she was in the main event with Vickie Guerrero. This feud between the two has probably been the most built up storyline NXT has created ever since The Miz/Daniel Bryan, and despite what people will say about it, I actually was pretty darn excited. I was even more excited when Kaitlyn won. On top of her win, she also won the talent show by drawing a caricature of Vickie. Great way to draw a pop by drawing an ugly picture of WWE's #1 heel. With her win, she was tied with AJ for most competitions won so they had a cheer off to determine who would get immunity that week, which Kaitlyn won. I don't think she needed it this week though. If they still did the rankings board during elimination time, I still think Kaitlyn would have been #1.

AJ Lee:

AJ lost some momentum this week as well as possibly some of her popularity. During the talent show she pretty much did the exact same thing as Aksana by showing off her flexibility. Maybe the rookies should have talked it over a little. She also lot the bull riding competition and didn't get a chance to fight in the ring so AJ has no choice but to steo down from her top spot. Nonetheless, I'm still rooting for AJ as much as I root for Kaitlyn. There was no way she was gonna get eliminated this week.

Aksana

I can't believe I just did that. Aksana impressed me severely this week. She won the bull riding competition and won her match against Maxine. Most of all, she didn't mess up like she's done before. I'm also pretty intrigued by the whole deportation angle and it seems every week I see her, she looks just a little bit hotter. Aksana's definitely moving up in my world. But because all this stuff happened this week, I did believe Aksana was gonna get deported from NXT this week based on her performance the weeks prior.

Maxine

I can't believe I did this too. Maxine even in her defeat this week, actually showed that she can put on a decent match. I also liked the little bit that she had with Hornswoggle. I could tell that the pie in the face was coming, but I think it was Maxine's facial expressions that got me this week. I actually thought that just because Maxine got pied, she would actually win the talent show. I was waiting for cheers! During elimination time, I thought she was the one who had the biggest chance of getting eliminated.But now that she's safe this week, I'm kinda curious as to what she's gonna do next.

Naomi

Naomi is the most athletic of all the rookie Divas. They tell us this time and time again. But without any in ring action these past couple weeks, Naomi has fallen deeper and deeper into mediocrity. Granted her rap was actually pretty good this week and she probably could have got the win if NXT was in Detroit and not in Topeka, but if NXT this season is gonna be all about the entertainment, Naomi needs to step it up in the talking bit. I had a big feeling Naomi was gonna be safe, but her big ass ain't gonna keep the door open for her for long.

Jamie Keyes:

This week: ELIMINATED

Yeah, I need to change my sig. I rooted for Jamie all the way till the end. But unfortunately, my vote doesn't single handedly save my dear Jamie from elimination. But it's okay, she gave us (and especially Matt Striker) a fine farewell and sealed it with a kiss. Trust me, if Jamie did that to me, I would have reacted the same way as Striker. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs Jamie Keyes. Hope you still have a job as an announcer.

NXT
Date: October 12, 2010
Commentators: Josh Matthews, Michael Cole

We have five girls left and it’s the second show on WWE.Com. Yeah that’s about all I’ve got for the intro as I’m just hoping this show ends soon. Let’s get to it.

Ok it’s 10pm so where’s the show? Ah there it is. I need to be more patient. Well there’s the audio at least. This is annoying already.

Striker brings the girls out. Elimination #2 is in THREE WEEKS? Great so they’re stretching this way out. Everyone has zero challenge wins now. It’s time for a new competition and it’s Name That Tune but with WWE theme songs. If this goes as fast as the trivia went last season I’m not even going to try to keep up.

AJ gets Sheamus and then Teddy Long to take a 200 point lead. Oh I forgot: 100 points in the first round and 200 in the second. There’s no point in listing off the songs here as you can’t hear them but would know them by their names. AJ is dominating here, up 400 to 100 by Naomi. Everyone else has zero.

It’s now 600 for AJ, 100 for Naomi and zero for everyone else. She is so freaking cute. Round one is over and it’s 700 for her and everyone else’s scores remain the same. Take a guess who gets the first question of the second round. I’ll let you know when someone else gets one or even rings in (they have air horns) before she does.

Striker just stands next to AJ instead of being off to the side of everyone. We get a little old school with Common Man which of course AJ gets too. WWE just has to tease us with a little Time To Rock And Roll (Trish’s theme). No one gets LOD. Vince’s theme is the last one and Striker says if you don’t get this I wish you the best in all future endeavors. Final scores: AJ – 1900, Naomi – 100, everyone else – zero. No one else even rang in.

Naomi vs. Alicia next.

Naomi vs. Alicia Fox

Cole is in full on dick mode tonight. Alicia’s hips are amazing. She needs her hair straight more often too. Maxine goes up to the announcers’ table but doesn’t get on a headset so we can’t hear what she’s saying that gets reactions from Cole and Matthews. Brilliant. Naomi is rather athletic if nothing else.

Flying ass to the face of Alicia has her in trouble. Fox tries to back of and of course kicks Naomi in the ribs. Big boot (of course) by Naomi gets two. Top rope cross body misses as Fox is a veteran apparently. She TOTALLY misses the axe kick so they do it again and there’s your pin.

Rating: C-. I’ll be using an adjusted scale from now on with this show. You can only make these matches so good so all things considered, this wasn’t bad. Naomi looked far better than Alicia here but then again that’s how it goes when Alicia Fox is a pro.

Aksana talks about how she’s having immigration issues to Goldust who says he believes in her. She might have to go back home for 6 months. He actually gives her some wrestling tips about headlocks as we go to a break.

The girls are back in the ring for another competition. There’s a power of the punch contest later. Right now though they have a minute to talk about whatever.

Naomi goes first and says she has something to get off her chest. She’s ticked off at Cole and makes a JR reference. Also, if he hates NXT why is he here? Also she’s tired of looking at his ugly hair. I want to see Naomi whip his ass. Striker loved it and Cole talked over her promo. He really needs to stop that.

AJ (who Striker is sure knows every word to Stand Back) is going to put out a personal ad. She’s single (BIG pop for that) and explains her dream date: candles, music, lights off, X Box on and if that doesn’t work she has a PS3. She’ll put her gamer tag on Twitter. Yep I’m sold.

Kaitlyn talks about Age Before Beauty and it’s about Vickie. Vickie is like wine and cheese or something like that. She and Dolph got her some BenGay (it’s for muscle pain I think).

Aksana talks about America which is kind of pointless. She’s gorgeous though. She thanks Columbus for discovering America. Striker just has to correct her which is funny.

Maxine talks about disrespect. Yep it’s about Hornswoggle. In other words, this segment has been about Vickie, Cole and Hornswoggle. She also doesn’t like Kaitlyn who is a home wrecker apparently. AJ absolutely stole the show in this segment.

Raw Recap means I can baste a turkey.

Kaitlyn is warming up for the punching thing later and Vickie comes up. She wants to make amends but Kaitlyn better stay away from Dolph.

And now we talk about Knucklehead, which is either going to be ok or is going to BOMB. WWE moving away from action movies and dramas is smart though. The mainstream is never going to take WWE seriously, so why try to make them do so? It’s hard to declare comedy overly fake or stupid because that’s kind of the point to comedy. This could be ok, but moving it almost straight to DVD is a good idea also.

Time for the punching challenge. Just like last season it’s the hardest punch wins. Naomi goes first and uses a double axe handle more or less for a score of 811 but she has to do it again with one hand. That gets her 801 to set the standard.

AJ is second and likely has no chance here. Yeah that was bad. She scores 362 which is below what Cole did. Then again she’s tiny so that’s expected.

Kaitlyn goes third and Cole is playing some game on his phone. Kaitlyn gets a running start and misses so she’s out by default. She’s still good looking.

Aksana is next and we’re told that she has the same name as Borat’s wife in his movie. She gets 666 which of course draws some jokes.

Maxine is last and scores 604 so Naomi dominates this.

Same LONG package on the WWE’s relations with the military from Raw last night so I’d expect to see it on Smackdown as well.

AJ vs. Aksana

Goldie has the Million Dollar Belt still which is some nice continuity. Cole and Matthews get into an argument about what Cole actually does. AJ apparently ate a turkey Lunchable. I want to marry this woman. No that sounds wrong. I want to marry this girl. That fits better somehow. Maybe a minute into this AJ gets a small package/rollup for the quick pin. No rating obviously.

Goldust gets on the mic and says that the immigration stuff is messing with her. Goldust says they could get married which would keep Aksana in the country. He sounded like he was ordering dinner when he said that. He drops to a knee and pops the question and gets a yes. Cole says this is a reason to finally watch the show as we go off the air.

Overall Rating: B-. I really liked this show tonight for some reason. The wrestling was there and while it was nothing special, the first match seemed like it was an actual match rather than two girls getting in there and trying to remember how to do the few moves they’ve been taught.

The contests were good tonight too as showing that even one of the girls is a wrestling geek like us is a nice thing to see. Also the punching thing is something that could be related to wrestling. Overall the show had an energy tonight that just worked. Also more AJ is helping it a lot too. Best show in a long time for NXT and I liked it a lot.

Just a quick question, so I can decide whether or not I want to waste my bandwidth on it, how long was the show? And how much of that was wrestling?

It was three parts promo time to 2 parts matches. Pretty heathy amount of wrestling considering the lack of it all season.

Anyways, back to work.

Forgive me for sounding like a complete idiot because the few people that watch NXT saw this coming from a mile away but when Goldust proposed to Aksana I couldn't help but feel giggly inside.

Tonight's episode of NXT in my opinion was pretty good. We're on more common ground now with the challenges reset to zero after the last elimination which saw Jamie Keyes go home. As usual we saw the comedy coming from Kaitlyn, the awesome athleticism by AJ and Naomi, and storylines continue to progress with Aksana. Here are my updated rankings.

AJ Lee:

AJ won her match and also won one of the competitions by womanhandling everyone in the name that tune contest. It at least goes to show that AJ really is invested in wrestling and further proves she's a total nerd. I kinda wish AJ cut that personal ad promo while she was in Seattle. I would have been first to respond.

Naomi:

I knew that one match featuring Naomi could do wonders in my rankings. She further showed her athleticism and worked pretty pretty darn good Divas match despite who she had to work with (Alicia Fox). She did lose her match, but made up for it by winning the Power of The Punch competition. During promo time, it just seemed a little bit random for Naomi to be bagging on Michael Cole, but then again she's been doing that during her promos the past few weeks griping about stuff that the other people do (she was bagging on Kaitlyn about one of the competitions she won). I think it's just so she can get some cheap pops during her promo time because anybody that bags on Cole is always gonna get cheered. But yeah, if Naomi continues to have more matches then I think things will be alright for her.

Aksana-

Aksana maintains the number 3 spot this week. She lost her match and both of the competitions tonight, but really furthered her storyline thanks to Goldust. Goldust proposed to her so that Aksana wouldn't get deported, preventing from chasing her dream to be a WWE Diva. I think the storyline is what's keeping her rather high in the rankings. Her in ring work is still terrible and she didn't get to show much because she was moping the whole match with AJ. And as cute as her voice sounds, she isn't at all great at promos. But thanks to Goldust, Aksana has a fighting chance.

Kaitlyn:

I was expecting this to happen. Now that Kaitlyn's program is seemingly over with Vickie, Kaitlyn doesn't have a storyline to keep her afloat in the rankings. Kaitlyn is somewhat like Aksana, her wrestling isn't impressive (though it should for a girl her size) and her promos are funny but incredibly awkward. Like this week's promo she cut just totally proved she pretty much ran out of shit to do. I'm still rooting for her all the way and I hope she doesn't go the way of Jamie three weeks from now.

Maxine:

Maxine goes back where she belongs...at...the...BOTTOM. She pretty much delivered next to nothing interesting this week. during Alicia Fox's match with Naomi, she came over to the announce desk next to Josh. What I'm wondering is why the hell didn't she take a headset and talk with them? What was the point of doing something like that. They didn't even have quick cuts during the match showing what Maxine was doing. Maxine can cut a decent promo, but she really missed a good opportunity to impress.

There's my rankings. Sorry if it seems too brief, I'm just too damn tired.

Name That Tune Challenge

Various entrance themes were played here, and each diva had to guess who the theme belonged to. A.J. won this challenge, and it really wasn’t even close. Seriously, how could you not know Dusty Rhodes’ entrance theme? It was cool to hear The Legion Doom’s music, but I was shocked when nobody could figure who the theme belonged to. This challenge was fun to watch. Michael Cole made me laugh as he constantly insulted A.J. He can be such a dick.

Naomi VS Alicia Fox

This match was okay. Fox played possum here, and of course Naomi fell for it. It looks like Fox botched the axe kick towards end. She seemed to be frustrated, but she went for the move a second time. It still looked like she didn’t hit all of it, but Fox was able to pick up the win. For a moment, I thought we were going to see a Randy Orton/Kofi Kingston moment here. Fox looked kind of pissed, and I was just waiting for her to start shouting, “Stupid, stupid!”

Naomi can be fun to watch in the ring. She’s quick, athletic, and I’ve enjoyed most of her matches on NXT.

Aksana is still worried about being deported. Goldust tells her to focus on NXT. Wow, I just can’t get over how weird Goldust looks with The Million Dollar Championship around his waist.

Open Mic Challenge

Each Diva has one minute to show the crowd what they’ve got. Naomi starts off by tearing Cole apart. This was hilarious. For years I couldn’t stand Cole, but I’m getting use to the heel version of him. A.J. says she’s single. She talks about going back to her place and turning the lights down low. But then she starts going on about her Xbox and PS3. A lot of guys in the audience seemed to be turned off by this. I thought this was great. A.J. had everyone’s minds on something else, and she quickly went in another direction. Kaitlyn mocks Vickie’s age. She compares her to cheese and wine. She offers Vickie Ben Gay. Kaitlyn sounded terrible on the mic here. I think she’s hot, but other than her looks, she really doesn’t bring anything else to the table. Aksana praises America and the WWE Universe. Maxine is pissed about how Hornsowggle disrespected her. She bashes Kaitlyn for not respecting Vickie. She calls her a home wrecker for ruining Dolph and Vickie‘s relationship. Maxine is one of my favorites. She continues to show signs of being a good heel, and her mic skills are decent enough.

Recap of Vickie VS Kaitlyn from last week is shown.

Vickie wants peace with Kaitlyn, but she wants Kaitlyn to stay away from Dolph. Vickie says if she doesn’t, being eliminated from NXT will be the least of her worries.

A trailer for Knucklehead is shown.

Power Of The Punch Challenge

Each diva had to punch a bag attached to a machine. The machine looks like something you might see at a arcade or carnival. The diva who can pack the most power behind her punch will win this thing. Kaitlyn thought rubbing Ben Gay on her arm might help her here, but of course it didn’t. Naomi won this challenge. The Power Of The Punch was a cool challenge. I’m not a big fan of Kaitlyn’s, but I thought the Ben Gay stuff was funny, and the look an Vickie’s face was just priceless.

Tribute To The Troops highlights are shown.

Aksana VS A.J.

This was a very short match. A.J. was able to pick up the win with a roll up. Aksana spent most of this match crying, and hugging Goldust. After the match, Aksana is devastated, but her NXT pro would make all of her worries go away.

Goldust asks Aksana to marry him. She accepts, and Cole thanks Goldust for saving this episode of NXT.

This episode of NXT was fun to watch. I enjoyed all of the challenges, and the divas showed us a lot more as far as personality goes during the open mic challenge. The Goldust/Aksana thing kind of surprised me. Goldust is seeing a lot more spotlight these days, and this “marriage” will give Aksana a boost. I wonder if WWE plans on doing a wedding ceremony with these two? If they do, I’m sure it will be very bizarre, because anything involving Goldust won’t be normal.

NXT
Date: October 19, 2010

No eliminations this week but I’d expect a lot of talk about Goldust/Aksana and their engagement as well as more competitions. I believe we have two more weeks before the second elimination which needs to get here faster so Maxine can go away. Let’s get to it.

I am so sick of this theme song. We get it: they make the rain fall. Also has Primo been on the show more than once this season?

Striker does the usual thing and brings out the girls. Kaitlyn is in green instead of pink for once and it works for her. Solid reaction for the insanely cute AJ. Striker says we’re at the halfway point of the season. He says they’re having more and more competitions which is booed LOUDLY. Oh wait it’s Vickie. Never mind.

Cole wants to be her vest. She yells at Kaitlyn for her choice of clothes and has a gift for her because the look isn’t working. It’s a sweatshirt which she won’t put on. Maxine freaks out and says she’ll take Vickie as a pro if Kaitlyn doesn’t want her, cueing up perhaps the first Alicia Fox promo ever.

She doesn’t like her rookie wanting a different pro. Alicia is TALL. And it’s Kaitlyn vs. Maxine next. Better than no angle at all I suppose.

Before we get the match we have a commercial, advertising Rey vs. Alberto in Rey’s SyFy debut. Didn’t that match already happen on Syfy like ten days ago? Are they even trying anymore?

Kaitlyn vs. Maxine

Ah ok Alicia is just in some BIG heels. Kaitlyn is in the sweatshirt now making her look like an old school CM Punk. And Vickie is on a microphone like Laycool had recently on Raw. And so does Alicia. Oh this isn’t going to end well. Maxine dominates for the most part and Cole takes a phone call.

Apparently it’s his mother and he’ll be home in a few days. As Cole says, “is this match STILL going on?” He has a point as the match is bad. A small package by Kaitlyn is horrible looking and you can’t tell who is down. The WORST sunset flip I’ve ever seen is botched again as the fans loudly boo. Maxine wins with it though.

Rating: F. Yeah this was really bad as you would assume it would be. The botches were bad and the pros talking were just annoying as all hell. The fans booed almost three quarters of this and I can’t blame them. The only good thing in this match, Kaitlyn’s chest, was covered up even more than usual which means there was no point here.

Same Stand Up For WWE video from last night. We get it: WWE is mainstream and awesome and great. If we agree with you will you let us stop watching these promotional videos? To be fair though, it really does show you how much WWE does outside of the ring which is a lot.

There’s a Who’s That Body challenge up next. This could be interesting.

Funny sign: “Vickie ate my sign!” and there’s a piece cut off.

Time for the aforementioned challenge. It’s exactly how it sounds: you see a body and whoever guesses right gets it. There are options but Naomi can tell Cody Rhodes from his waist to below his nipples. That’s scary. I won’t be trying to list all of them off as they’re going to fast and it’s not like my descriptions are going to mean much.

There haven’t been any options listed yet as everyone rings in before he can list them. Matthews sounds legit confused about this. At the moment Kaitlyn and Naomi have two, AJ has one and the others have zero. Aksana guesses Michelle even though she wasn’t a choice. AJ ties up so it’s AJ, Kaitlyn and Naomi have two and the others have zero.

Everyone is going buzz in insane. Maxine gets Kozlov right as Cole says “in this business they say GO HOME!” Everyone goes nuts with the horns and Naomi gets Melina to win it. This was REALLY bad to put it mildly.

Kelly/Naomi vs. Bellas is the main event.

We run down the Bragging Rights card and stop for a long video about Cena vs. Nexus which I think was on Raw last night. By long I mean almost five minutes.

Goldust is talking to Aksana but he seems to like the Million Dollar Title better. The wedding is in two weeks. Goldust gives her a ring and it’s huge.

Make-A-Wish video.

Time for the second competition: Limbo. If AJ loses here something is wrong. Two referees are holding the pole and are like statues. AJ and Kaitlyn do some funny stuff as they clearly are having fun. Or they’re really bored. They’re on like the fourth time through and Kaitlyn is out. So are AJ and Aksana. Maxine goes out so Naomi wins because she doesn’t have to do the last one. This was somehow more pointless than the other one.

Wasn’t limbo one of the contests that was used in Gulliver’s Travels as a parody of people getting government jobs for stupid tasks?

There’s an ad for Rocktober on WWE.Com. Why must you tease us like that WWE?

Bella Twins vs. Kelly Kelly/Naomi

Kelly looks great and the Bellas look great in those little silver shorts in that little dance they do. The Bellas are called veterans here. The fans want Goldust. There’s a chant you don’t hear that often. Naomi gets a big kick and Nikki charges at her and spears her down. Nikki is all fired up here which might be a heel turn or something.

She’s kind of awesome so far. Naomi beats both of them up as Kelly has done nothing so far. They do the switch and Nikki steals the pin on Naomi. Brie didn’t seem thrilled with the Twin Magic ending it here.

Rating: C-. This actually wasn’t that bad. Nikki as the heel here was solid I thought. The aggression thing was a different style from her which worked. The Twin Magic (their name for the switch) worked because it gave them a reason to beat the more talented Naomi. Much better than I expected.

Overall Rating
: D-. And that’s mainly for the girls’ looks. The first match was awful, the competitions were big disasters and the show overall just did not work at all. The main event was bearable actually but I think part of that was because I drooled over the Bellas the entire time. This was one of the worst in a long time and you can tell they’re just padding the shows until we get to the eliminations.

I find it funny that KB and I are the only guys pretty much posting NXT related stuff. Anyways...

I missed NXT last night and nobody on YT was posting up the show so my rankings are based off of the little snippets the WWEFanNation account was putting up. Here are this week's rankings.

Naomi

For the first time this season, Naomi grabs the top spot in my rankings. She won the Who's That Body contest and adds another competition under her belt. It sucks that this season does not focus on the wrestling (and at the same time I'm glad it doesn't), so really the competitions are more important. She lost her match against the unusually game Bella Twins, of which Nikki was showing some newfound aggression that I liked. Nobody else really gained any momentum during this show so despite her loss, Naomi gets booted up, or should I say "bootyed" up.

AJ Lee

I'll be a good boy and keep AJ Lee high on my list despite no in ring action and no competition wins. She and Kaitlyn are still the stars of the show. I love their interaction during promos cause it keeps me awake. But yeah, it's just like KB said they're either having fun or they're really bored. Nonetheless AJ entertained me so I'm happy for this week.

Aksana

No in ring action and no competitions won but at the same time the marriage storyline she and her pro Goldust have gained some more momentum. For one we now know when the marriage is gonna be (2 weeks from now) which also happens to be during the elimination episode. We also saw some weird thing with Goldust as if he was afraid to kiss Aksana so I wonder if that's gonna play into the storyline near the end. Which also makes me wonder "What if Aksana gets eliminated? Is the marriage gonna be called off at the same time?"

Kaitlyn

It seems to me that the Kaitlyn/Vickie storyline is here to stay for the duration of the time Kaitlyn stays around. Kaitlyn and Vickie had an argument during promo time about a sweatshirt. I still don't understand why there wasn't anything on it to make it seem like there was a reason not to wear the shirt. Like if it had Vickie's face on it then yeah I definitely would have said no. But it was a plain black sweatshirt and I could use one, but that's just me. Kaitlyn and Maxine have a match because of Maxine wishing she had Vickie as her pro and Alicia taking offense to that saying she is a better pro. Kaitlyn loses even though she put out a whole lot more offense. I thought both of them were horrible in the ring, but I actually hope the "we don't have time to prepare" line Vickie gave was authentic so then they had an excuse to suck.

Maxine

Screw it.

There's this week's results. See you next week when me and KB give the full lowdown on the show that TNA uses as its response against WWE: "Well at least Impact gets more viewers than NXT."

Opening Segment

Striker starts off this episode of NXT by talking about eliminations, and he praises AJ and Naomi. Vickie interrupts. She insults kaitlyn. She doesn’t like her look. Vickie offers Kaitlyn a hoody, but she throws it on the mat. Maxine doesn’t like this at all. She says Kaitlyn needs to respect Vickie. Maxine wishes Vickie was her pro, but there’s one problem with that…..she already has one. Alicia Fox was pissed as she heard this. I thought she was going to tear Maxine apart here, but she quickly turned her attention to Vickie. Vickie tries to talk some sense into Alicia, but Fox throws down a challenge instead. Maxine VS Kaitlyn is up next.

I thought this opening segment was okay. Vickie shouted “EXCUSE ME!” over and over again as usual. This of course managed to get tons of heat from the crowd. I’m still not a fan of Kaitlyn, but WWE must have some plans for her, because being paired with Vickie is always a good thing.

Kaitlyn VS Maxine

So after all of the commotion, Kaitlyn decides to wear the hoody. Vickie and Alicia were on the apron for this one, as they helped coach their rookies with microphones. As far as the match goes, it was absolutely horrible. This has to be the worst match I’ve seen on this season of NXT. Kaitlyn looked lost out there. There were so many botches, and it seems as if she had trouble executing the roll up pinfall at the end. Michael Cole talking on his cell phone was by far the most entertaining thing going on here. Maxine picked up the win, but I’m sure this one she’ll want to forget.

Who’s That Body Challenge

In this challenge, each rookie had to guess the body of a WWE wrestler as they were shown on the titantron. Naomi won this challenge, but I couldn’t get into this. Guess the body? Really? This whole thing was very silly.

Goldust thanks Aksana for saving the Million Dollar Championship from Maryse. He gives her an engagement ring. Goldust goes for a kiss, but he hesitates. It’ll be interesting to see how this storyline will further develop.

Limbo Challenge

Limbo? Yeah, I really tried to get into this, but I just couldn’t. For some reason, Kaitlyn and AJ decided to team up. They did this weird push up combo. Striker made sure to mock the atrocious match Maxine had with Kaitlyn. Naomi continued her hot streak by winning this challenge. This challenge didn’t show me what the rookie divas had to offer, and so far, this episode of NXT has been painful to watch.

Kelly Kelly & Naomi VS The Bella Twins

This wasn’t as terrible as Maxine VS kaitlyn, but this match wasn’t good either. Namoi botches her flip over the top rope and land on the apron move. Both teams got into a little scuffle at one point, the ref breaks it up, and Naomi shakes hands with one of the Bellas?!?! Naomi clocked her shortly after this, and she actually had this look of betrayal on her face? Umm, yeah this is pro wrestling, there’s no such thing as friendship once you step inside the ring. And to make things even worse, we actually get a “we want Goldust!” chant from the crowd here. The Bellas pull off the switch to get the pinfall for the win.

Overall show rating 1/10:
I thought this episode of NXT was terrible. The Kaitlyn VS Maxine match got things off to a VERY bad start. Both challenges didn’t show me what the rookies had to offer, and they were just silly. I hope next week’s episode can better, because this was just a travesty in so many ways.

NXT
Date: October 26, 2010

This is yet another filler episode before we get to the eliminations. That’s the one drawback to the online shows: they really don’t have a set limit on how many episodes they can have in a week. The good thing though is that they’ve said we’re over halfway done. This almost can’t be as bad as last week’s though, so let’s get to it.

Well it poured today in Lexington so maybe the girls had something to do with it.

Cole’s opening line: It’s good that it’s Halloween week because this is going to be horrifying. Well at least they’re not trying to hide it anymore.

Striker brings out the girls and AJ is dressed as a NINJA TURTLE! Yeah I’m in love. Naomi is the Hamburger Helper hand. Kaitlyn is Vickie which is awesome looking. Maxine is an ice queen which is really weak looking. Aksana is the devil and again nothing special. AJ or Kaitlyn is by far the best here. Voting starts tomorrow.

Next week is the first elimination. I know people get erased from history when they leave the company but their eliminations are erased too? The first contest is just for who has the best contest. You get 15 seconds to show off/impress the audience.

Aksana goes first as Josh asks the right question: what is the actual contest? She just kind of stands there and does nothing.

Maxine goes second as Cole and Josh are losing it on commentary. She talks a bit about what cold does to a man. Oh and her on top. That’s it.

Kaitlyn is third and impersonates Vickie. She has a huge ass and falls down on purpose. It’s much better than it sounds.

Naomi has a joke for us. What did the glove say to the face? SMACK! (she hit Striker). She more or less does a commercial for Hamburger Helper. I have no idea what the point of that was.

AJ is a Ninja Turtle and Striker says she’s giving him a splinter. She’s Raphael for you TMNT fans (such as myself). She more or less just shakes the sais and her ass a bit.

Kaitlyn and AJ are the only two that get any kind of positive reaction but Kaitlyn wins pretty clearly which is the right choice as she was the best choice. Striker: now back to Todd Pettingill and Sean Mooney at ringside! Striker is a treat to old school fans but at times he can be annoying as hell. This is the former.

Ted DiBiase and Maryse are here.

Naomi vs. Maxine

Cole says happy Marty McFly Day as it’s the 25th anniversary of the movie. Why must they talk about more entertaining things such as those? Oh and they’re wrestling in their costumes. A few seconds into the match, Tony Chimmel brings a computer over so Josh and Cole can watch Knucklehead on it. Ok that’s kind of awesome.

Naomi, in a giant hand costume, is sent to the floor. This turns into a brawl as they fight on the floor and clear out the announcers. They head back into the ring and the different style is almost working here. It would be a bit better if they weren’t in costumes but that’s NXT for you.

As almost always the commentary is far more entertaining than the match. Naomi can’t do much in the costume as Josh isn’t sure what Hamburger Helper is. Naomi hits her with part of the costume to end it in about 3:45.

Rating: D+. Not horrible here as the different style was helping them a bit. I’ll ignore the costumes for the most part as there isn’t much the girls can do there. Naomi was in a total handicap (oh that was funny) but she was clearly trying. Maxine continues to be worthless but I think that’s been known for a good while now.

Goldust says we have to be careful because THEY are in the house and coming for the belt. TNA CROSSOVER!!! An immigration agent comes up and says if the marriage doesn’t happen next week she’s gone. Didn’t we know that already? I’m not sure.

Knucklehead ad.

Wrestlemania Reading Challenge thing.

Brie Bella vs. AJ

The Bellas have split up and aren’t living together anymore. Oh hey Primo is here again. I forgot he existed. Big clothesline by Brie gets two. I know I’m in the minority here but the Bellas are gorgeous and this is no exception. AJ gets two feet up to block a charge so Brie hits the floor. Nikki gets on her and Primo says DON’T DO IT!

AJ gets a half rear naked choke (what kind of a name is that anyway?) half sleeper which gets her nowhere. AJ is all aggressive here but not in a heel style. Nikki pulls Brie out when the referee isn’t looking and a bad looking X Factor ends it for Nikki in a little over 4:00.

Rating: C-. This was a bit better than the first with an actual angle is involved here so that always tends to help. AJ was impressive here but I guess she’s not supposed to beat the Pros here. This wasn’t much here but it could have been far worse.

Maryse and Ted bicker about being here. Maryse suggests he just buy a new belt which makes sense.

Survivor Series ad which for some reason they wouldn’t say the name of last night other than at the end.

Same Stand Up For WWE video from last night. I’m fine with WWE talking about how great they are, but do we need to spend five minutes of an hour long show doing it? The last Raw before the elections could be very hard to watch.

Josh says a line that made me groan: when people ask I say I went to school at WWE University.

Time for a candy eating contest. Most you can eat in a minute and Horny is here too. He’s a cowboy this time. They can use their hands so this is a bit odd looking. Vickie keeps yelling at Kaitlyn and distracting her. Maxine wins. AJ and Horny annoy Maxine. Kaitlyn starts choking and Horny gives her the Heimlich and of course she spits it on Vickie.

Maryse/Ted vs. Goldust/Aksana is the main event. That shouldn’t be that bad.

Vickie is freaking out on Dolph behind a closed door and Kaitlyn comes up. Dolph comes out and hits on her as Vickie continues to scream and shout.

Maryse/Ted DiBiase vs. Goldust/Aksana

Aksana does look sexy in red. I’ll give her that. And just as the bell rings the video freezes. Ah there we go. The girls start us off. They yell at each other and Cole says his producer told him that if they’re talking let us hear them. AMEN! Maryse knocks off the horns and rips off the tail so now Aksana is just in a skin tight red suit. I’m sold.

It’s a mixed tag so the men have to fight each other. Of course we’re just talking about the wedding here which I guess makes sense here. We head to the floor with DiBiase being all ticked off. Why doesn’t he just grab the belt and run if that’s why he’s here? Maryse helps her man as Aksana plays cheerleader.

Goldust plays Ricky Morton for like a minute until the girls come in. The guys go to the floor and Aksana gets a small package out of nowhere for the pin. Is that her first win? DiBiase goes for the belt but Aksana slaps him and gets it back. The good people get away with it, proving that faces can get away with anything. Ventura and Heenan were right all along! Match ran about 6:30.

Rating: C. Not terrible and fine for a TV main event on a show like this one. This wasn’t your standard match where the guys did the majority of the work and the girls were in there for like 10 seconds. The girls were fairly decent out there which is surprising to me. Not a classic or anything but it did what it was supposed to do and didn’t seem that long.

Overall Rating: C. This was a better than normal episode I thought with the contests at least having a theme to them. The in ring stuff was far from great but as we’ve seen lately in WWE, there’s a point to almost everything and stories are getting more continuity behind them.

Also just about everyone has something to do which is always a plus. This was a step up so it’s pretty good overall. Next week will be bad with the wedding though and also the review will be up a bit late as it’s election night and as a political geek it’s one of the biggest nights of my year so NXT is a bit of an afterthought. Should be up the next morning though.

Good evening,

My schedule has been tough these past few days so obviously I wasn't able to watch NXT the day of, but nonetheless, I have now watched it and it's time for some reviewness.

I don't understand how the night started off pretty hot, only to get dead within one commercial break. Guess NXT is the only show that could cause a crowd to be more dead than during a ball game in Baltimore. That being said, it's nice to see all the rookies getting some airtime as well as some storyline development. Here are my updated rankings.

Aksana

Why you ask? Well for one thing it's because her wedding is next week and I fear if she gets eliminated she won't get a chance to grab the top spot (my little wedding gift for her). With the exception of Kaitlyn, Aksana has had the most storyline development and while Kaitlyn's storyline has lost a little bit of steam (gaining some of it back due to actions on this epi), Aksana's has continued to maintain its compellingness. But the other reason why she's number 1 this week is because she won the mixed tag team match with Goldust against Ted Dibiase and Maryse. Though she was pretty horrible in the ring still, I can't help but be happy when she does Goldust's uppercut thing. On top of that she was the one that won the match for her team when she rolled up Maryse for the pin. Third reason is because for what the costume was, Aksana looked pretty clean as a devil. Because of the strength of her storyline, I've got a feeling she'll be safe, but I'm not too sure. Looking forward to the wedding next week on NXT!

Kaitlyn

Best. Costume. Ever. Honestly when Kaitlyn first came out I swore it was Vickie walking out, but then when she passed the real Vickie I was like "Whoa, deja vu." Kaitlyn won the costume contest by a landslide and her love triangle storyline with her, Vickie, and Dolph is still going strong after the little flirtiness backstage. I found it also incredibly (shockingly) cute to watch her stuff her face full with candy then subsequently puke it out on Vickie. Kaitlyn is the only person that can make the "Vickie look" sexy, big padded ass and all. There is no doubt Kaitlyn will be safe next week.

Maxine

She didn't really do much that was interesting. She had a rather boring ice queen costume (no it was not the worst) and her match with Naomi was still abysmal. But she won the candy eating contest (her first ever win), so yeah. Maxine still has the highest chance of getting booted off next week.

AJ Lee

After Kaitlyn, AJ Lee had the best costume, she was looking hella fly as Raphael from TMNT. Must've borrowed it from Eve. But a good looking costume is not enough on my list, so I have no choice but to drop her down on my list because of her loss to Brie Bella (really?) as well as no competition wins. Despite this, I'm sure AJ will be safe this week and I also feel that she'll be climbing up the ranks soon after.

Naomi

Wait did I seriously put Naomi up at number 1 last week? Naomi came out as the Hamburger Helper hand and did the joke Dave Chappelle did once on his show during the Rick James skit (What did the glove say to the face? *SMACK*). Who did Naomi piss off to have to wear that costume? Seriously if she was gonna do the Rick James joke, why not go all the way? Naomi's black and her hair looks similar to James, she could have pulled it off. Naomi lost her match to Maxine (really) and also didn't win any competitions so she makes the biggest dip in rating the whole season. Naomi is very impressive athletically, but she doesn't have many chances to show it. So it's possible she'll get booted off next week.

So here's my other ranking on who has the biggest chance of getting eliminated (the lower the number the bigger the chance they will get eliminated):

5: Kaitlyn
4: AJ Lee
3: Aksana
2: Naomi
1: Maxine

There you go, see y'all next week!

NXT
Date: November 2, 2010

So they’re in Connecticut tonight where Linda more or less got destroyed tonight. I’m not in a good mood tonight due to the elections in general so don’t expect me to be nice here. Tonight is the Aksana/Goldust wedding which is also the first eliminations. DiBiase said he would be here last night so I’d expect shenanigans. Let’s get to it.

The rookies are brought out and Kaitlyn looks different but still good in a blue dress. AJ remains too cute for words. Aksana is hot as well. Oh and Maxine and Naomi are here too. Naomi has three competition victories but everyone not named Aksana can tie her if they sweep the contests tonight. Since Aksana hasn’t won anything they throw her out.

The first challenge is a kissing contest and they have to kiss….Horny. Who didn’t see that one coming? He can say yeah now. Striker’s instructions are for Horny to pick the one that makes him feel “happiest inside”. He half kills Kaitlyn with one and she can barely get up but not in a good way. Maxine won’t do it and gets booed a bit. She throws Horny out and he leaves. O….k.

Dashing Cody Rhodes comes out ROCKING a suit. He’s hear for his brother (has that ever been acknowledged on camera? I really don’t know) and is willing to take over for Horny. He owns this character in every sense of the word. Cody adds lip balm before kissing Kaitlyn and gets a pair of kisses as Kaitlyn seemed to like it.

Before he kisses Maxine he uses breath spray but sprays it in her mouth too in a funny moment. Nothing special there.

Naomi won’t do it. Cody makes fun of her ass.

AJ, who is TINY, goes to put her hand around his neck so he grabs it and files her nails. I LOVE Cody if I didn’t make that clear. She says she might as well just go for it and takes him down in an insanely hard kiss. This makes her the winner as Cody is incredibly sure. Her blushing reaction is perfect.

Cole has the tuxedo t-shirt on.

In the back, Primo hits on AJ. Oh good night. She wants to tell him something in private but they run into Dusty Rhodes and the Bellas.

Alicia Fox vs. Kelly Kelly

Well so much for the rookies I guess. Alicia looks good too. Damn what is up with the girls being attractive tonight? The fans chant for Kelly as she gets her very long headscissors before going to the floor. Alicia works on the back as we’re talking about Taylor Swift for no apparent reason. And then the K2 hits to end this in about 1:50. There’s nothing else to say about this really as it ended that fast.

AJ and Primo are still looking for a private place and run into Maxine kissing Horny.

Alberto is still facing Edge Friday. Nothing has changed since that was announced last night.

Time for contest #2 which is a wedding gift scramble. There are a bunch of gifts and in one is a flag. Find the flag and you win. Is there a reason to having Maxine and Kaitlyn out there if they can’t win immunity? Yep they’re just opening presents and Kaitlyn finds it in like 10 seconds. Naomi has immunity. Either Maxine or Aksana is gone for sure.

Stand Up for WWE airs. Should be most interesting to see if these continue next week. This one is about all the second and third generation wrestlers. We get a shot of Dustin with zero paint on his face which isn’t something I’m used to. These videos are cool but are they worth spending this much TV time on? They had a match in the span of one of these earlier so I’m kind of thinking they’re not worth it.

We’re setting up for the wedding so I guess the elimination closes the show.

We talk about Orton vs. Cena to kill some time.

AJ and Primo find a place next to a case but it’s shaking. The camera pans around and it’s Dolph making out with Kaitlyn. Vickie STORMS to the back and it’s on. There’s a cake behind them and it goes on Vickie. It’s about time they split them up. In a funny line Josh talks about all of the insanity going on tonight. “I mean Dolph and Kaitlyn, AJ and Primo, Maxine and Hornswoggle. What’s next Cole? You and a girl?” I chuckled at that at least.

Time for the wedding as Cody and Dusty start us off. Johnny Ace is apparently the wedding coordinator according to Cole. Horny is a ring bearer for no apparent reason. Goldust comes out to a full introduction and has the belt with him. I often wonder if Dusty’s kids’ gimmicks are just one massive rib on him. Josh: “Cole you do know this isn’t a real wedding right?” Did he really just say that?

Here comes the Bride. Can we watch Kill Bill instead? Aksana does look good. Josh: “Have you ever seen a more beautiful bride?” Cole: “Yep.” They exchange the vows and Goldust does the never forget the name line. Aksana does a typical one and says she’ll love him like she love the country, starting a USA chant. Josh thinks Al Wilson is the minister and I think he’s right.

The minister says he objects, because everybody has a price. DiBiase and Maryse come out and says that now Aksana is going to be deported. The immigration agent is named Dickipopolous. This is cracking me up. Ted offers to let the wedding happen if Goldust gives him back the title.

Dusty grabs the mic and talks about trying to get the Pope to do this but he was busy so he found a real Southern minister and brings out Ted DiBiase Senior, who really is a minister. I love how they’ve acknowledged that this is a sham and the agent is fine and good with it. Junior asks how he could do this.

Senior says because the look on his son’s face is PRICELESS. They get through with the wedding but Dusty kisses Aksana instead. And then Aksana slaps Goldust as he goes to kiss her. They’re married now and she gets to stay in the country. Cole: Well Goldust will have to go back on the internet tonight. Josh cracks up at that and I can’t blame him. I don’t know if it was because I was in a bad mood, but this was HILARIOUS the whole time. One of the best comedy segments in a LONG time.

We do the elimination and Maxine is out. Yeah I don’t think anyone is surprised as she was more or less worthless. She leaves in a classy way at least.

Overall Rating: B. This is probably high but I LOVED this show. They knew it was going to be totally goofy and they didn’t even try to pretend it wasn’t. This WORKED and it worked very well. The comedy segments had me cracking up and most importantly we got a step closer to ending this season which is just painful anyway. I think everyone knew Aksana would turn into the bitch at the end so there was no shock there. This was a very entertaining show and by far the best of this season. Very entertaining and I loved it.

Kissing Contest

Aksana has to prepare for her wedding, so she gets excused from this competition. Horswoggle has to kiss each Diva, and who ever makes him feel “happy inside” wins. Kaitlyn goes first, and Hornswoggle kisses her very aggressively. Maxine is supposed to be next, but she refuses to kiss him. She forces Hornswoggle to leave the ring. Cody Rhodes comes out to bask in his own glory. He replaces Hornswoggle. Kaitlyn has to start over. She kisses Cody, and becomes very aroused. Rhodes uses breath spray on Maxine. She doesn’t like this at all. Cody has to settle for kissing her hand instead. Naomi refuses to kiss Cody. Rhodes makes fun of her ass. AJ is reluctant to participate. Cody reassures her, as he files her nails. AJ jumps on Cody, and kisses him to the mat. Cody has no problem with choosing AJ as the winner.

This was kind of funny. I was glad when Cody replaced Hornswoggle. I think the Dashing One saved this segment. Also, I really hate Hornswoggle, so I was glad to see him get the boot early on.

Kelly Kelly VS Alicia Fox

Matthews actually calls this a big match….wow. Anyway, this match was pretty decent. Kelly Kelly hit’s a Fameasser style finisher for the win. This match had a nice pace to it, and there was some nice back and forth action between these two. This wasn’t that good, but this match was decent enough, and when it comes to the WWE Divas, you can’t really expect much more than this most of the time.

Wedding Present Scramble Challenge

Each Diva must find a flag, which is hidden in one of the many gift boxes in the ring. Kaitlyn wins this one, and Vickie looks pissed. Kaitlyn picked up a win. This helps her chances of gaining immunity.

This was a standard challenge, it was short, and Vickie wasn’t pleased.

Dolph Gets Caught

Throughout this episode, AJ and Primo were looking for a private place to share a secret. They thought they had found a spot, but instead, they saw Kaitlyn and Dolph making out. Vickie furiously runs backstage. She gets into a brief scuffle with Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn grabs a cake. She throws it on Vickie. She screams very loudly.

I laughed very hard at this. Seeing Vickie covered in cake was priceless. This was expected, because the love triangle between these three has been heating up for quite some time. It’ll be interesting to see how things will further develop next week.

The Wedding Of Aksana & Goldust

Cody and The American Dream are present to witness this. Hornswoggle is the ring bearer. Matthews says the wedding is not real. Thank you, Josh. Thank you for enlightening us. I’m sure none of us would’ve been able to figure this out. Goldust looks sharp, as he comes out in a nice suit, and of course he still has The Million Dollar Championship, which is draped across his shoulder. Aksana looks gorgeous, as she comes down the ramp wearing a unique gold wedding dress. After Goldust and Aksana exchange their weird vows, the pastor objects to the wedding. He reveals he’s been bribed by DiBiase, and Mr. Boring comes out with Maryse. He teases Aksana’s deportation, but if Goldust gives back the Million Dollar Championship, then nothing will happen. Dusty Rhodes says he has found another minister. He brings out The Million Dollar Man. Ted has a look of shock on his face. That’s right Ted. He has WAY more personality and charisma than you. Ted wants an explanation. His dad tells him the look on his face is priceless. The Million Dollar Man officially marries Aksana and Goldust. Dusty Rhodes goes for a kiss. The marriage is official now, and the only thing left to do is seal the deal with a kiss. But Aksana chooses to slap Goldust instead, and she walks off with a sinister smile on her face.

This was fun to watch. DiBiase’s appearance was expected, because he hinted at it on Raw, but he didn’t ruin this wedding. Dusty Rhodes was entertaining on the mic as usual, and The Million Dollar Man’s appearance kind of caught me off guard. It seems as if Aksana just used Goldust to stay in the country, and it’ll be interesting to see what happens next week.

Maxine Is Eliminated

Naomi had immunity, so she was safe here. I liked Maxine, and I hated to see her go. She was different, and I wish she could’ve gone further in this competition.

Overall Show Rating 5/10:
This show was okay. I’ll take the Macho Man/Miss Elizabeth wedding or the Edge/Lita wedding over the Goldust/Aksana wedding any day, but everything that went on during this wedding managed to entertain me. I just wish WWE could’ve found another ring bearer. I actually want to watch next week’s episode of NXT. I want to see what’s going to happen to Kaitlyn, and I want to see how Goldust will react to Aksana’s betrayal.

NXT
Date: November 9, 2010

We’re down to four now which is probably a very good thing. Based on what I can find, the season ends on 11/30 so we have only four episodes left. That being said, I’m not expecting much tonight. Last week’s show was very fun although with things being back to normal I wouldn’t expect something as interesting this week. Let’s get to it.

Striker tries to bring out the girls but here comes Goldust. Aksana won’t answer his phone calls and all he wants is an explanation. She comes out with the Million Dollar Belt. Goldust says they knew they didn’t love each other but he didn’t understand why it happened last week. In short, it’s all about Aksana and she gets half of everything, including the value of the title.

She starts a USA chant in England. Goldust calls her a conniving witch and says she isn’t very smart because they’re not in American. They’re in Europe so they’re on her turf actually. Since they’re not in America they can have her thrown out of England. I have no idea if that makes sense or not but it sounds kind of stupid.

Naomi comes out and yells at Aksana about how she’s a gold digger and all that jazz. Naomi challenges her to a match tonight. In a funny moment, she asks her pro, Goldust, for advice. The comedy here is really low level but for some reason I’m liking it. He tells her to get in the ring and get her butt kicked.

Mania is coming to Atlanta. They haven’t changed that.

The girls are in the ring now and it’s an arm wrestling competition. Elimination next week. Why don’t’ they just say they’re rigging it for Naomi here? AJ vs. Aksana is first and the blonde wins with ease. Kaitlyn vs. Naomi is of course domination as well.

What is a surprise is that Kaitlyn wins like it’s nothing. That’s rather surprising. Aksana starts losing so she pulls Kaitlyn’s hair a few times for the DQ so Kaitlyn wins. She looks good in the hat. Cole slept through this in a funny addition.

Nikki Bella vs. AJ

We recap the twin magic stuff that the Bellas do. Nikki is the evil Bella so far and she keeps the whole aggressive thing going here. AJ has had nothing so far. Josh and Cole continue to be the best part about this show by far. AJ has nothing here. The PA system goes off and something is said about a database being updated. I thought something was going on with my computer.

Nikki might have hurt her knee. AJ has had maybe 4 kicks in this whole match. Primo says he’s been watching the whole time. The announcers aren’t sure if they switched or not. Either way AJ gets a rollup to win it. I forgot to check the time but it was roughly 4:00 long.

Rating: D. Total dominance here and the only thing going on here was the girls looking good. AJ needed a win badly here so that’s all well and good. It’s not like any pro is better than another so this is fine. Nothing special at all here but having an angle for more characters is a very good thing that has been sorely missing in recent years.

Stand Up For WWE which is about the current superstars and how good the people are.

Kane vs. Big Show on Friday.

Survivor Series ad which is almost all about Orton vs. Barrett and the Cena issue, which is fine as that’s the biggest match by far.

The next competition is looking at high school pictures of wrestlers and the air horns are back. Most of these are really easy until we get to Jerry Lawler whose picture is in black and white. The last one is Mark Henry who looks like he does now. AJ and Kaitlyn tie at two and Naomi gets one. They have a tiebreaker which is John Morrison who is easy again. AJ wins after they fight for who gets to say the name. This was far better.

BEHIND THE SCENES OF KNUCKLEHEAD!!! Screw Inception, screw Legendary. THIS is your Oscar winner right here, hands down.

There’s a new Cena DVD which is more about the man outside the ring. Oh and there are matches too. One thing I do like about WWE is how fast their DVDs come out. This is the first official reference I’ve heard of it and it comes out in a week. That’s fast.

We recap, as in see again, the Ziggler/Kaitlyn/Vickie thing from last week where Big Dick Johnson hit her with a cake by accident. We also see Kaitlyn vs. Vickie from Smackdown meaning we get to see Kaitlyn in those awesome shorts of her. Vickie comes up to her in the back and both say Dolph is leaving Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn says Vickie has a big ass and gets slammed into a table. Kind of pointless but Kaitlyn gets hotter every week.

Naomi vs. Aksana

Cole: “This feud has been going on for nearly FORTY FIVE MINUTES!” He’s having a blast with this and it’s coming out in his performance. We go to a break after Naomi comes out and we get an Old School Raw ad. This would be so much better if the old school stars they’re talking about were active competitors or anywhere near their primes when Raw debuted.

Goldust comes out to be in Aksana’s corner which she seems fine with. Ok never mind as he’s in Naomi’s corner. Naomi beats on her for the most part and then actually gets beaten down. The more interesting thing here is Josh saying Cole goes into the locker room and says that Cole is just a character and that he’s fed all of his lines. That’s not something you hear often.

Cole keeps referencing a friend named Paul. I wonder who that could mean. Aksana is getting more offense in here than she ever has I think. A spinwheel kick gets one for Naomi. After some more basically uninteresting stuff, Naomi hits a leg lariat out of nowhere for the pin in about 5:30.

Rating: C-. This was better than I expected it to be. Aksana is pretty clearly gone next week as other than being hot she has nothing going for her. This wasn’t a great match or anything but it got a bit of time and Aksana got to do some stuff in there. Better than the first match for sure and we got some story in there too with Goldust being against his wife. Not bad at all.

Overall Rating: D+. Definitely more of a show about getting us closer to the ending which is definitely the right thing. For once we can see a different potential winner here in Kaitlyn. AJ definitely started off as the favorite but lately it’s been Kaitlyn and Naomi showing off the most. Aksana is pretty worthless and AJ isn’t going to win on anything but being adorable. It’ll be an interesting final three to say the least. Pretty weak show here but not horrible at all.

NXT
Date: November 16, 2010

It’s another elimination tonight as we have three shows left. I can’t particularly say I’m complaining because I’m not but at the same time there is something to be said for this show. The comedy here is great with Cole and Josh just opening blasting it as they know it’s a joke. I can’t imagine that Aksana stays here. This should be funny if nothing else so let’s get to it as the show is starting now.

The first competition is how well do you know your pro. The pros are asked a question and the then the rookies have to try to guess the answers. If it’s a match they get a point if not they don’t. I’m not going to bother trying to keep up with the responses.

The first question is “When I first saw my rookie I thought she was “blank””. AJ and Aksana both get theirs right as does Naomi.

Question #2 is rate your rookie which is about knowing how good your rookie is from 1-5. AJ and Kaitlyn get it. Naomi does as well. Cole is killing it here with his answers to these questions.

The third and final question is who does my pro think should be eliminated tonight. AJ gets up to three for three, Aksana misses, Kaitlyn gets it to go to two points and Naomi misses it giving AJ the win with three. Naomi got two and the others got 1. Sweet merciful crap AJ is cut. You just want to cuddle up with her and play some Call of Duty.

Ad for the Cena match at Survivor Series which costars Orton and Barrett.

Buy the High Fliers DVD!

Naomi vs. Kaitlyn

Vickie does the intro for her rookie and bitches the whole time in a funny bit. Damn she looks good in those shorts. Kaitlyn gets a weird Bubba Bomb for two. The commentators talk about Old School Raw as Kaitlyn gets a leg scissors with Josh picking her to win the whole thing. Surprisingly Kaitlyn is dominating this.

Josh is so natural on commentary. He has no wrestling career for the most part but he’s just smooth out there. AJ vs. Aksana later apparently. Naomi hits a big spin kick after being on defense for the vast majority of this to get the win. I forgot to time it but this couldn’t have been more than 3:00.

Rating: C-. This was surprisingly good. I didn’t doubt for a minute that Naomi would win but we got to see Kaitlyn on offense. They’re definitely pushing Naomi as the talent of the group which makes sense for the vast majority. This wasn’t anything that bad and considering Kaitlyn’s limited talents in the ring this was ok.

Aksana says she doesn’t know what got into her and it’s like when Smiegle (I didn’t read the books so don’t complain about the spelling) turned into Gollum. She wants her husband’s help and gives him some sunflowers. He reluctantly agrees.

We get the same Mania ticket ad from last night. I can’t wait for it. They make it seem like a huge show and it is. Great stuff.

AJ vs. Aksana

Why do I picture AJ running away from sex like it’s an evil disgusting concept? Goldust sends Aksana in alone and hangs with the pros instead. AJ is freaking tiny. Neither are much in the ring but Aksana controls for the most part. In something I’ve never seen before, Aksana holds the ropes open and AJ actually gets in. Never seen anyone actually do that.

Cole takes a phone call as they argue over Josh’s experience. What experience does Cole have exactly? The fans chant for AJ as she’s in a reverse Boston Crab with a chin lock. Cole says that Joey Styles is calling him. AJ gets a small package for two and a cross body for one. She takes over and we’re told again that Vince is in a coma.

AJ gets a submission hold that I’ve seen before somewhere but I can’t place it. She goes for a head scissors and then stays behind Aksana and grabs her arm too so it’s like a crucifix with pressure on the arm and neck. It looked awesome and actually gets the tap out in roughly 4:30.

Rating: C+. Considering who was in there, this was epic. It wasn’t any good for the most part but I was expecting a train wreck and got a half decent match out of it. AJ’s submission thing worked very well and surprised me as I was expecting a rollup or cradle of some kind. Not a good match or anything but considering what they had to work with, this was amazing.

Diss the Diva is the other challenge tonight.

Ad for the new Cena DVD.

Diss the Diva time. You have a minute to run down the other girls. AJ has won two competitions and Kaitlyn has won one. AJ goes first and says she’s shown us sugar and now it’s time for spice. Aksana tapped out, no one would know who she was without Vickie. And Kaitlyn stole her shoes. Naomi has no personality. Cole starts chanting boring which drowns her out. Oh and this is her lifelong dream.

Aksana says a bunch of stuff that I can’t understand at all. I use that as a joke a lot but I legit can’t understand what she’s saying. Naomi needs to stay away from her man and AJ is small. That’s all I’ve got.

Kaitlyn says that if NXT was high school, Naomi would be a jock, Aksana would be the weird foreign exchange student and AJ would be the nerd. She would be the prom queen of course. She says Aksana doesn’t know what USA stands for. Apparently it’s “U Suck Aksana.” She says she loves AJ and then says isn’t my time up yet as this is a trainwreck. I’m dying from laughter at how bad this is.

Naomi goes last and says Kaitlyn has nice legs but she can’t wrestle. I can’t understand her because Cole won’t shut up though. She makes fun of AJ’s jumping and Aksana is about to be eliminated. WOW Naomi can’t talk. Cole is talking to someone in the audience.

The fans aren’t thrilled with AJ or Aksana or Naomi but they liked Kaitlyn…not at all. They give it to Naomi as her booing was the weakest. I’m not kidding there either but AJ has immunity due to winning two challenges to Naomi and Kaitlyn’s one apiece.

Update with Gene Okerlund is the same T-shirt deal from last night. I wear a XXL if anyone wants to send me a Christmas present and I’d love one of those Survivor Series shirts.

Mania is STILL coming to Atlanta.

We talk about Survivor Series and the Cena match in particular. I pop in Super Punch Out for a bit as I really don’t need another recap of this. This gets a music video kind of thing to it.

Now we run down the rest of Survivor Series. I can’t believe we’re this close to Thanksgiving already.

The Bellas talk about the total package. Ok so just Brie thinks that. Nikki looks for class and respect, which none of them have. She says there’s no comparison from the rookies to the pros. Alicia is apparently an employee at Diva Daycare because this isn’t Disney, it’s WWE. She’s a hungry piranha apparently. I see why she’s never given a mic.

Hey did you know Knucklehead is on DVD? I didn’t know if you knew Knucklehead was on DVD. Well now that you know that Knucklehead is on DVD, I don’t have to tell you that Knucklehead is on DVD.

Finally elimination time. To really no one’s surprise Aksana is out. She “faints”. Goldust just doesn’t care and it’s rather funny. Aksana says she’s going to see Vince to write a ledger to someone. Goldust pulls out a paper or something and says he wants a divorce.

On a side note, apparently Joey Styles legitimately spoiled the elimination about ten minutes before it happened. Why do I have a feeling nothing will happen to him? My guess would be no one is watching.

Overall Rating
: D+. Pretty bland show here that was about as by the book as you would expect it to be. The matches weren’t anything great at all with even the AJ vs. Aksana match that was rated highly being bad still. You can tell no one really cares anymore which is what makes this more entertaining. From a comedy standpoint this was pretty good but the lack of any kind of entertainment outside of that hurt it. Not a terrible show but one of the weaker in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back