What should NXT be replaced with? A new 3rd brand?

I wouldn't be surprised if the third season of NXT was just held on Raw and/or Smackdown, like the Diva Searches and the last Tough Enough. Or maybe they'll just replace Superstars with NXT, and then go back to the current Superstars format when NXT is done. I don't think they're going to create a 3rd brand again.

I also highly doubt that all, or even most, of the NXT rookies will ever be seen again once the show is done. Season 1 is the exception - and most of those guys will be gone too, once the invasion is over. And they're not going to do a Season 2 invasion, because it would be predictable and lame. Those guys will be gone as soon as the winner is announced.

Maybe, just maybe, Move Smackdown to a Tuesday Night...
I know that by having to shows at the start of the week would mean an uneventful rest of the week, but... Many people look at the spoilers on sites like Wrestlezone to find out what happens, then they don't really want to watch it.
By having Smackdown on a Tuesday, it would mean for one, it is live...more unexpected things can happen, without it being shown on a wrestling site 3/4 days previously. it would bring more ratings, and more fans...I'm Just Sayin...

HMMM.NICE TOPIC.

NXT will get lame after a while.

i believe WWE should make FCW the third show having the NXT name.They should keep this normal FCW thing going by having championship etc but also have NXT Break Out STAR or Tough Enough thing in it also.This NXT TUGH ENOUGH should have contender ship in it ,8 to 10 guys,only ONE or TWO being Drafted to the main roster after winning the NXT Break Out superstar and this TOUGH ENOUGH thing should happen TWICE or THRICE a year which should keep importance to it.They can also use these FCW stars or TOUGH ENOUGH contenders on Superstars.Superstar can have FCW CHAMPIONSHIP matches too etc.it will give support to Superstars.

First off the nxt concept should be a once a year thing. If it continues season after season there will be to many break out stars in an already crowded main event scene and not to mention the non winners that will make there way.

WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world and could do doubt afford to hold two live shows a week. With Raw already and then Smackdown going live it would fill the show will excitement and ratings(which is what the wwe is hungry for). Killing NXT on Tuesdays and moving a new show to Wednesdays(a dead spot in wrestling for years) would no doubt insure that people get a healthy dose of wrestling throughout the week.

The new show wouldn't necessarily have to have a theme like nxt or ecw. Infact just make it another show along the lines of Raw and Smackdown. Bring the guys that are left in the back in the other shows which a few of these guys from season 1 and 2 of nxt.

The success of this show would be making it 2 hours. I believe this is why the wwecw didnt and the nxt show isnt pulling the rating it should be. With an hour show there is simply no time to build proper storylines and fueds without spending months on them causing then to become tired and bland. This is my belief on why wwecw really failed...

just think about it
MONDAY- Raw Live
WEDNESDAY- New Show(2 hours)
FRIDAY- Smackdown Live

A wrestling fans dream(at least mine anyway)

Someone mentioned this already but I wouldn't mind seeing a third brand show being taped in a studio like TNA does. I think what WWE has to do is think about what TNA has to offer over the WWE for many wrestlers. Why a lot of wrestlers go to TNA is because of the limited travel schedule. If WWE had a show that was taped in let's say Stanford, CT (a lot of TV studios are popping up there) instead of a WWE Superstar Retiring and then heading to TNA for a lighter schedule, they could just move to this brand, keep there lighter schedule. For example when The Undertaker retires, he may want to actually retire for good, or maybe he would like to continue wrestling but doesn't want the travel as much as he use to. What about Kurt Angle. Maybe WWE can resign him back when his contract is up. I highly doubt he wants to travel as much as he use to but if you could sign him and tell him he will make more money, work just as much as he did at TNA and still be able to appear on WrestleMania, SummerSlam, etc. Why wouldn't he sign with WWE again.

This is a very good post, good job! But I think the smartest thing for WWE to do money wise is just to let any new deal with Sci Fy fall through and get rid of NXT or any other show on the horizon.

It couldnt really hurt due to the fact they already have three other shows, if anything I would prefer if they turned superstars into a third brand so they have something to compete with TNA even further, even maybe rename it Thunder for some mind games.

But I do think there should be a third brand or else I see many releases in the near future.

Having an FCW show seems to be a relatively popular choice amongst this board. However, there is a fatal flaw in doing a show of that sort...there is no star power. Though the people who read boards like these would be interested in watching matches from the developmental territory, the average WWE viewer would not. Like it or not, the majority of the "WWE Universe" tunes in to see the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, etc. and not developmental prospects. That is the same reason why NXT has pros and doesn't just have the rookies compete.

I also don't believe that adding a 3rd brand is the solution. Instead, as a previous author mentioned, it would probably be best to bring back Heat (Sunday 7 PM) as a 2nd reliever show a la Superstars and give one show to each brand. Other potential timeslots could be the old WCW Saturday Night time (Saturday 6 PM), the old Shotgun Saturday Night timeslot (Saturday 11 PM), a Saturday afternoon slot, or keep the program in the current Tuesday 10 PM slot. One advantage of the Sunday 7 PM slot is that the slot can be used as a 1 hour lead in to PPVs.

I'm aware that some people don't like the idea of reliever shows because they are only mid- and low-carders. I think that this can in part be alleviated if WWE were to put a notable main event (one that advances a mid-card rivalry--ex. Jericho v. Bourne/Christian v. Ziggler & Chavo) and actually promoted the shows on their main programming.

Drop the 3rd show - their deal with SyFy ends in October, and if there's no other deal on the horizon, then they may not have anywhere to put it, other than on perhaps WWE.com. Viewing figures are decent, but probably not where they'd like them to be.
They need a third show, though. WWE has a lot of wrestlers who don't get enough face time on the two big brands and often end up working Superstars. Giving them a third brand, with say 1 or 1 and 1/2 hours and a main event and mid-card belt could be good for lighting up the careers of a lot of people, with the already undisputed tag titles spending some time there every now and then.

Make NXT the 3rd show - ie drop the rookie/pro thing, and just use NXT to give the new guys a platform to wrestle on. Give it a title, make it like the old ECW, drop in a few guys on the other shows who are getting a little lost.
I don't like this personally. NXT already has its character as a rookies reality-ish program.

Ressurect ECW - again - Bring it back like it was just before they finished it in February.
Sort of a bad idea, as the brand has too much baggage in it to be any good. Seriously, they don't even mention wrestlers history on that brand anymore. Kelly Kelly and Layla's issues started up there and not a peep from Matt Striker of all people, instead relegating it to Raw. John Morrison is a Tag-team and Intercontinental champion. The Miz is a Tag Team and 2-time United States champion. Punk's reign in ECW is not mentioned at all, or Christian's or Jack Swaggers.

Create another brand - kind of a conglomerate of the previous two ideas, but without the baggage that they both bring with it. Use it as a developmental show like NXT, but give us a reason to watch. You could create a real Buzz around it.
This is the one I prefer the most. A one and a half hour show with their own main event and midcard titles designed especially for rookies, with their own draft done by the Smackdown and Raw managers whenever they want to send guys up to the main brands.

Turn FCW into WWE's third brand - it's televised already, just improve the production values, and make it into WWE's third brand/
No. FCW is developmental, which means it would defeat the point to make them a third brand. They also have no starpower, so rating would definitely be low.

Bassman's idea of secondary shows for each brand is a good concept, but I don't think Velocity and Heat would draw as well as they did back in the Attitude and Ruthless Agression Eras.

I dont think NXT needs to go. What i do think is they really should have "seasons" or "series" as we say in England. Yes i know ur gonna say, well they already do, yeah kinda but once season one was over, they jumped straight in to season two. This was a stupid move really as even though Nxt was hot at the time they should have let it cool down and that way can hype up a brand new season down the line.

In otherwords what im trying to say is that they should have left Nxt off Tv for a couple weeks, months, maybe even a year and bring it back when the rosters have been cut.

P.s Is that mad to suggest WCW as a new brand? I know it sounds crazy but it would be fitting and possibly might draw. Particularly when theirs rumours of a WCW themed HOF comin up... Just a thought :)

P.s Is that mad to suggest WCW as a new brand? I know it sounds crazy but it would be fitting and possibly might draw. Particularly when theirs rumours of a WCW themed HOF comin up... Just a thought :)

From any normal standpoint, yes - it's not the best idea. From a standpoint of may Vince hear such an idea and like it - I wouldn't put it past him. Certainly it would be a way of drawing more attention to any new show than a launch of a brand new one. And, in the TV Title - you have a ready made belt there that could lead that show like the ECW Title did in WWECW (in terms of the fact that it would be on the same level as the US/IC belts). Idea is growing on me actually - seriously.

The only issue is, that they bought back ECW because they had a whole host of ex-ECW stars and Heyman. The three big ex-WCW guys (Hogan, Bischoff and Flair) are all on TNA. So it kills the idea dead in the water. But calling any new show Nitro, wouldn't be such a bad idea actually.

I'm a bit late to the draw on this one but I'm going to point my thoughts without influence from anyone beyond page one.

The idea of simply transforming NXT into a show of wrestling (like ECW) rather than a competition seems like the best of the concepts. However, the issue I see with that is that you've still got Superstars as the third generic wrestling show. No title. No real gimmick other than the (possibly dead?) "People who haven't fought before". So, NXT would either need to have a defined gimmick and roster or it would be a cookie cutter waste of time. Something would have to happen to make us care about it. I know for one that I don't watch Superstars.

Thinking back, I really liked Tough Enough for the behind the scenes training stuff. I wouldn't be too disappointed to see that revived. Maybe they could get Shawn Michaels to train the kids, I mean, seeing as he had a wrestling school that he ran. And if he ran it out of his hometown there wouldn't be any traveling to take him from his family or anything. With NXT, I anticipated it following the rookies around in kind of a video journal with interjected action like an actual reality show.

In summary, dissolve NXT into an undercard program with a purpose or modify it into a Tough Enough style show. Perhaps starting behind the scenes until it's down to 3 or 4 and then bring it to the audience.

The only issue is, that they bought back ECW because they had a whole host of ex-ECW stars and Heyman. The three big ex-WCW guys (Hogan, Bischoff and Flair) are all on TNA. So it kills the idea dead in the water. But calling any new show Nitro, wouldn't be such a bad idea actually.
I don't know, its starting to sound better to my ears. There's Rey, Booker T and WWE have negotiated back and forth to no avail, Chuck Palumbo, maybe even Sean O'Haire, a couple of cruiserweights like Ultimo Dragon and Juventad Guerrera, Arn Anderson and Steamboat, Goldberg isn't doing anything, Mean Gene from Vintage Collection, Diamond Dallas Page as a manager/general manager, Vampiro, Dean Malenko, and heck add in C.W Anderson as a stand in for Arn and we could have ECW Originals versus the New Blood done WCW style. There are plenty of guys WWE can use for a WCW-based brand, maybe instead of Superstars.

To be honest i think we shouldn't have ECW again. WWE is anything bar extreme these days so why add this and we can maybe dream it's going to stop raining PG but in reality it wont.

I put forward bringing back Heat or Velocity. Drop superstars for me it's become Superjobbers for people who creative have forgotten or dont care about right now.

I don't want this 3rd 'Brand' to be a Brand just make it a show. Have one hour before Raw. The one hour before Smackdown. The show shouldn't be treated with the supsense or coming to a penultimate event by commentators have any build.
Now i'll take an idea from some dude who posted about having a title for Superstars.
I think a TV Title for these shows would be welcomed although it should come with rules.

Here's the breakdown.

Raw has what 47 Superstars? take out like 7
SD has 36? take out 5 from that put those 13 into this format

Add some FCW guys who WWE think have reached stage to get on mainstream tv and have them all try and prove themselves give them simple fueds nothing like major storylines. Have them throughout the year compete in ring use promos, vignettes, mic fued debates. At some time have a KOTR type tournement and whoever has progressed the furthest within the year wins and has a chance to join a brand and maybe have a shot at a belt (excluding the WWE champ/Heavy weight belts)
Or you could have the two finalists get to go into brands but the winner chooses what brand and can pick a title match.

If Raw and Smackdown fancies bringing those guys who have been put into this show then they can rotate them with guys who are currently stale. lets face it they ain't going to have everyone involved. So all in all it gives each show it's roster but can slightly rotate some who aren't on screen as much, and it gives them a chance to go up and help amateurs from FCW too.

If they were to have this TV Title i mentioned they could have it that anyone demoted from the other brands can't go for this said title unless they haven't been involved in a title match for up to a year or something like that.

I think this is a decent idea as it incorporates NXT but it helps other guys rejuvenate themselves and maybe rekindle some fans old love for them.

WWE's Contract With SyFy Ends In October But WWE Is Moving SmackDown To SyFy Around That Time So With That Being, I Think That The WWE Should Just Go With It's Original Plan and Pick 1 Winner Per Season and After (If There Is A) Season 3, Stop NXT Period Because Most of These NXT Guys Need More Work Than Ya Think

I put forward bringing back Heat or Velocity. Drop superstars for me it's become Superjobbers for people who creative have forgotten or dont care about right now.

But you've got to give any show context. Context gives people a reason to watch. Just slinging a random title in there for no reason as the only way to tie together the show week to week wouldn't give anyone a reason to watch.

I'm not saying make a third brand with a third World Title and dump John Cena and The Undertaker on to it. I just think that they use a lot of wrestlers across the two shows, but there are some that either don't get used, or are merely jobbers.

Look what WWECW did for the likes of Chavo, Mark Henry, Goldust - all jobbers on their respective brands. On WWECW - a draw. Not a big draw, but a draw nonetheless.

If WWE wants to push youth, then they need a brand that builds storylines. NXT can work to a point, but eventually they will bleed FCW dry from talent and completely overstack their roster. Another version of WWECW (with a different name/identity) I think would work extremely well.

Here's what I would like to see out of WWE. A program where former Raw and Smackdown superstars compete to get back on the main programs. Kind of like an Ultimate Fighter-esque show. Contact talents such as Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Torrie Wilson, Rory and Robbie of The Highlanders, "The Alpha Male", Kevin Thorn, Nidia, Maven and countless others who do not appear to be TNA bound anytime in the future.

Allow for these superstars to develop new feuds amongst themselves, develop new persona, polish up on their mic skills, etc. Each week have different talent from Raw and Smackdown serve as a judging panel that allows for the cameras and microphones to hear and see what they are truly thinking about the product that the former performers are piecing together.

While we are at it, why not have it where former announcers are contacted to do play-by-play, color, and ring announcing to give the show an entirely different feel from the other brands.

Then again, this is just an idea.

An all diva show... so they won't waste your time on smackdown or raw... you could have all the wwe divas actually get air time. Maybe combining the divas and womans championships... this seems like a good idea.

An all diva show... so they won't waste your time on smackdown or raw... you could have all the wwe divas actually get air time. Maybe combining the divas and womans championships... this seems like a good idea.

Yeah, except, who the hell would watch an all diva's season of NXT? ratings would plummet. Hell, who would ever watch an all diva's anything? There just isn't enough interest in the diva's these days.

Speaking of divas is it just me or did Melina get a lot bigger? I'm not complaining (she looks better with the new look) but shit she looks like she went through a Beth Phoenix like transformation.

Sorry to stray from the subject.

Anyway an all divas show would be a bad idea. Not enough interest out there as KnowYoRole said. Remember, Smackdown was originally slated to be an all diva show and see where that went. Melina and Maryse are the only name Divas in the company right now and they are either injury prone (Melina) or used as arm candy (Maryse).

Then again, I am partial to my idea.

An All diva show wouldn't work, certainly not at the moment.

There's no evidence to suggest that Women's wrestling is a big draw right now (although the WWE is giving it zero chance to succeed). And I also don't think they have enough talent right now to do it.

If the WWE took the division seriously, then I'd certainly give it a shot. You'd certainly need a much bigger division to fill an hour long show (probably somewhere near 50-100% bigger than what the division is now). But if they did all that, I'd certainly be interested.

I want a third brand that is actually good. Here's how you can do it: As soon as the show comes on air, draft a couple of the top companies stars on it to actually make people watch the show, Put the show for 2 hours, have good storylines and actually have more that one match per PPV (ECW hardly ever had that). Name in honor of a great WWE superstar, like WWE Showstoppers or WWE Rest In Peace

I can't foresee much more of the NXT brand since most either the main event type mentors have either left (Batista, HBK) or are out injured (HHH, Undertaker) or I just can't see them wasting time mentoring people possibly HHH since he's so high up on the food chain, and does so much behind the scenes anyway. You would probably run out here very shortly for mentors as it is. I couldn't really see an up and comer being mentored by Yoshi Tatsu, or Luke Gallows. Nothing against their talent, but what big accolades have they accomplished in WWE since being there?

There's no sense in resurrecting ECW since TNA is doing their faction of it now. Especially with the way it was tarnished when it was re-created. It just went out looking way too silly to even have the word 'Extreme' in it to begin with.

Then the thought of a new brand taking the timeslot, I would rather see the behind the scenes show, or some kind of in-depth profile focusing around maybe 1 or 2 wrestlers at the time. Getting some interviews on competitors, past and current on their thoughts of the person and their ideas of where that person could be going in the next year or two. Similar to the Pro's opinion interviews, but showing hi-lites from the wrestlers' career. Even a behind the scene or a day in the life of or something like that.

A third brand won't work, the way that ECW was treated was atrocious, the brand got the same ratings week after week than NXT and produced alot of top level talent but was it worth it?.

The fact is Sci Fi (Or SCYFY) is the only channel interesed in wrestling and it took alot of pushing to get them to agree to a wrestling show even though there sister network was USA.

IMO the WWE could just put their developmental show FCW on screen, bring them up to a watchable network and give their younger stars a chance to shine prior to being moved to RAW or Smackdown, they have the equipment, the training facility why not give them the time to perfect their craft before being moved up to the main roster.

By also keeping FCW seperate It won't force the need to put title matches on PPV that last about 3 minutes in order to keep that brand established, I hated when they had an ECW title match that lasted for only seconds (Kane vs Chavo is an example of this), FCW would be a great way to establish that link from developmental to Main roster and will also keep all characters established.

Why waste the money on a third brand when they have one already existing in the WWE universe.

I actually think they can turn Superstars into what ECW was, a show with establish veterans that can help young talent get over on mainstream t.v. They will probably change the name of the show but I think this is needed b/c the rosters are looking to be overcrowded with the NXT graduates coming in. It will give guys like Matt Hardy, Christian, William Regal, etc. the chance to showcase their talent in a bigger role while helping young talent such as Tarver, Gabriel, Riley, and Kaval get over. The WWE was pretty sucessful in doing this last time so I can't see why it wouldn't work again.

While it would be difficult to turn over 24 guys a year from only one developmental brand, NXT, to me, is a great show, gives me the Tough Enough feeling that I love so much. So lets say NXT gets dropped.

What if in its place come the return of Tough Enough (im sorry if someone already mentioned it, i didnt really search the posts). The WWE can keep Smackdown and Raw the way they are...I think Superstars should be dropped completely. I see it as a waist of time (I dont watch it).

But with Tough Enough, they can post something on the WWE website, or advertise it on TV, and have any male between the ages of 18 and 30 send in a video of why they should be in the WWE. From their, they can eliminate those that wouldn't "cut it". The ones who do cut it can be shown on the "reality" tv show, Tough Enough. Im guessing it would be around 100. From there, its process of elimination through series of competitions...and then well you get the picture....TOUGH ENOUGH. this would be a great third show IMO, and I'm sure many people will watch it (I would).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back