NXT fails?

colalella2891

Pre-Show Stalwart
OK so we all know that NXT is a good show, and personally I'm enjoying it more than Raw. However, this week, which was only the third episode, drew a 1.0 rating. That's the same as what ECW was drawing every week.

One of the main purposes of NXT was to boost ratings for the SyFy network, and obviously the reason why ECW was shut down. So, since NXT drew the same rating as ECW used to, if it continues what will they do with NXT? Will it simple be ignored? Or will adjustments be made?

I just don't see the point of canceling ECW if it's going to draw the same rating, if it continues drawing a 1.0 of course. Discuss.

I definitely would not call this a failure. You have to look at how the shows are presented. ECW was presented as the third brand of WWE. NXT is presented as a minor league show. You're not asking the fans to watch pros but rather somethign unique. While the ratings aren't great at all, I'd certainly not call them a failure. Also, three weeks for a brand new show is hard to judge them on. People will likely tune in closer to the end as there is no reason to see every step they take as this is something that actually has an ending point. Big difference and not a failure.

I agree with the poster above, it's to early to call it a failure.

Besides, it's the same basic ratings TNA gets and many don't consider TNA to be a complete failure.

I wouldn't call it a failure just yet atleast.
Mainly because it's been 3 weeks, and the first two weeks did some fine ratings, and this week could've just aswell have been a bad week, the show is far from over, and next week could prove to be a slight up, a slight down, a big up or a big down, we won't know until next week.
But as KB said, you look at how it is presented, and I find NXT much more drawing and intruging to watch than I ever did with ECW.

I wouldn't say it failed or fails w/e.ITs just a new show people will get more into it.Its just been 3 weeks give it time.I find it way more appealing than ECW for the sole fact that ECW turned into a developmental show carried by someone like Christian ( in the sense that he is too good to be in that position ).Now we get too see fresh faces, feuds being made.Hell the sole fact that u see THE MIZ and Y2J on every show is enough to make u wanna tune in .

I trully believe that there is no one int he world who would rather see YOSHI TATSU vs william regal instead of The Miz with Bryan Danielson agaisnt R-Truth and David Otunga.
( no disrespect to william regal but Yoshi is just bad ).

I think the ratings will go up in time , people nowadays dont have patience in wrestling, they want everything to be successful and they want everything to be just perfect.

This is absolutely not a failure. NXT is improving each week, and it is treated as a development show, not as a 3rd brand. NXT is an innovative concept to get these new guys over before being feed to the big dogs on Monday Night Raw or Friday Night Smackdown.

The show is serving its purpose and these 8 kids or rookies are developing week in and week out. Daniel Bryan in week 1 lacked the mic skills and in two weeks time I see a huge development.

NXT has been success in my mind and in the minds of the WWE.

I think the show itself is a better show than ECW. Now whether it will draw anymore than ECW is anybody's guess.

I liked the first show best, then the second wasn't quite as good, and then the third one was only average. The quality has been going down since the beginning.

Nevertheless I still have faith that the show can be something different though. The concept is there, the people are there, they just gotta keep the storylines strong.

They need those strong backstage elements for strong in-ring elements.

In fact, they need strong backstage stuff even more for these guys, because it takes the wrestling fans a long time to warm up to new wrestlers. The storylines are the fastest way to get people to care.

The first NXT sucked, but the socond one was better. the third one was better than the second. I think it's getting a low rating because not many people have heard of it. WWE needs to advertise it more.

Rko 4 Life:2ar15smilie:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back