• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
i agree that the opening segment went on far too long but it makes me wonder if they had too cause maybe Mayweather was really late in arriving to the arena. I dont know if maybe he was at the police station too cause the morning of Raw I saw on ESPN that his car was abandoned on the road and police was investigating the car as a possible shooting suspect or something like that. Maybe Mayweather was late and that is why the opening segment went on far too long and seemed like it was an improv part of the show.

I thought Raw was actually very good. The opening segment was very enjoyable. It might have taken 25 minutes, but it was 25 entertaining minutes. It reminded me of the late 90's early 2000's, almost like This is your life with Mick Foley and The Rock. HHH was very funny indeed, and I normally think the DX skits are terribly written and cheesy.

The Miz match was a good match, it was good in the fact that after the pinfall he got on the mic and told Kofi he was coming for his title. That's what we need in the WWE. More hype to the smaller titles. Bravo, good job WWE.

The Jeri/Show angle was great. It continued the dominance of the Big Show, and also continued the comedic cockiness of Jericho. MVP cam out and cut a great promo on Jeri/Show, ultimately challenging them to a Tag Title match, revealing Mark Henry as the partner, which got a huge pop.

The main event was perfect to me, it had great wrestling and continued the Legacy/DX feud to the max. (One of the better feuds right now) and it also had Cena come out at the most opportune time, as Orton was trying to forfeit again and got cut off up the ramp, this was a great statement match to further a very good Orton/Cena Feud.

I think why it was such a good vibe feeling show was because the crowd was just so damn into it. There was never a dull moment. Good job to you, Las Vegas fans. I wish everyone would make Raw's this enjoyable.

I would rate the show 10/10
It had good wrestling, good build ups, good continuation feuds and good story lines.

I, for one, can't wait for Breaking Point.

I loved the opening segment. Part of me thinks the reason they have DX right now is because of the backlash from going pg. Maybe by bringing in DX they are trying to show older, attitude fans, and even at PG it isnt just going to be a little kiddie show and they will still have some things like DX.

The Miz match was the highlight for me. I enjoyed the final match.

i thought that the opening segment dragged way too long.. DX was funny 12 years ago now its just too cheesy and stupid. the divas match was your typical match. I agree with some of you guys, this was one of the worst show's in wwe history. One more thing i just can't see vinnie mac as a face, it looks disproportioned. lol

Great episode of Smackdown last night.

The opening promo with Punk was absolutely fantastic as has been the norm for him lately. Punk has seriously improved on the microphone, he's got to be one of the best promo cutters in the WWE right now. I loved the bit where Punk began asking Hardy what drugs he was on, hilarious. "How drunk are you right now?" had me laughing my ass off. What an entertaining opening segment that was, it's a damn shame Hardy is leaving now and we won't get to enjoy this feud any longer, thus far to me this has been the feud of the year.

Matt Hardy got a nice pop. Maybe some of those Jeff fans will now start cheering for Matt more? I'd like that, Matt is incredibly talented. I like the pairing of him and John Morrison, though I'm sure it won't last. The opening tag with the Hart Dynasty was a solid way to kick off the show. It is a bit disappointing how the Hart Dynasty have basically been buried lately though.

Drew McIntyre? Never seen him wrestle. I know he's been in OVW, we'll have to see how he turns out. The Scottish accent is pretty thick. What's with the influx of Irish and Scottish wrestlers eh? I like it. He gave Killings and rather nasty double armed DDT.

Melina and Layla...don't really care. Melina looks damn good though. I'm really liking what they're doing with Ziggler and Maria. As great as Smackdown is, it needs a little dose of the old soap opera every now and then.

Jerishow vs. Cryme Tyme was also much more enjoyable than it likely should have been. I wasn't liking the pairing of Jericho and Big Show initially, but now they're kind of growing on me. Cryme Tyme has begun to impress me as well. With the great reactions they consistently get from the crowd, I'm surprised they haven't had a larger role in the tag division.

The Mysterio-Kane match was actually much more entertaining than I expected it to be. I was entertained. Ziggler coming out to beat on a down Mysterio was a nice touch.

The main event cage match between Punk & Hardy was great. Having a "Loser Leaves WWE" stipulation seemed kind of lame, but I guess that's all they had time to come up with. Good match, not as good as I was hoping it might be, but still very good, and proved once again why Smackdown is simply leagues above Raw right now. The closing promo that Hardy did actually had me enjoying the man, and I've been a big critic of him before. Hardy's farewell for now promo was very well done. What really made the show for me though was when Punk sneaked up behind Hardy and hit him with the title belt. I wasn't expecting that, figured they'd give Hardy the nice farewell. For a second I said "Aw come on Punk you sonofabitch!" That's just how damn good of a heel Punk is. It made me love him even more. I simply can't wait to see how his program with 'Taker turns out.

Great episode, and more evidence as to how superior Smackdown is to Raw right now. I'll give it the bold grade of an

A-

I really enjoyed Dusty Rhodes hosting RAW. It was nice to see the 'American Dream' back again and obviously he started the show well with the announcement that Cody would (supposedly) face Orton later in the night for the title, he had some comical interactions with DX the entire night and then obviously the swerve at the end was unexpected, which I felt added that unpredictability that some claim RAW has lacked recently.

Not to mention the matches themselves were largely good (obviously with the exception of Chavo and Hornswoggle...that really needs to end soon, with a bit of luck maybe Chavo will get to job to Bourne instead). The US title match was fast paced and I was suprised with the amount of attention they gave the Divas division as well...with 2 Divas matches (one a title match no less) you could be forgiven for believing they gave a shit about that division for one night. All I can say is that more attention like that on the Divas would be nice.

Anywho, I loved the final segment of the show, I cannot remember anticipating a RAW main event in quite some time as I did last night...however, I can't say that I was expecting what was to come with Dusty Rhodes turning heel. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to see Cody get a crack at Orton's title (although that the match hadn't started with under 15 mins left of TV time, you knew something was up) but that soon ended when his daddy turned heel! It was great because it was so unexpected and I liked how Legacy were permitted to beat down Cena and DX (the show had a feel to it that they were allowing the young guys a shot in the spotlight and that was a positive indeed).

But the drama wouldn't end there, oh no, we got yet another swerve with Orton dropping Dusty with the RKO...when that happened I found myself actually hating Orton for a minute, I was like "wtf Orton!" but it was a stroke of brilliance no less. So after last night's episode there is now a huge fissure in Legacy, what will Cody do now? Well, I would imagine he will probably put the whole Dusty thing under the bridge and 'forgive' Orton...I don't think they are going to break them up that soon but now, Cody has another legitimate reason to hate Orton and he will probably use that when he comes to leave the group (just like Ted could claim he never forgot that punt to the head).

Of course, that could be a pile of bull, afterall it's difficult to predict the WWE...they could just have Cody leave the group next week and be done with that but at least RAW this week left us with unanswered questions and it makes me anticipate the next RAW which I haven't done in a while...for a change I genuienly want to know 'what will happen next?'

Reactions: gd
Raw last night was better then last week's, but thats not saying much. To me the highlight was the DX segments with Dusty backstage...they were actually funny, especially when they had the Shockmaster, er, Santino.

I'm sorry but Michael Cole is a tool. He at one point he refered it as "a historic night":wtf: Maybe I was missing what was so historic about it.

Divas Battle Royal: 3/10, at least Beth Phoenix won

MVP v. Jericho: 7/10, easily the match of the night.

Chavo v. Hornwoogle: 1/10, just stop this....please.

Big Show v. Mark Henry: 5/10 and thats being generous

Fatal 4 way for the US title: 6/10, I'm sorry but what is Kofi Kingston's appeal?? I see him as the next Shelton Benjeman(sp?) Some mid-card title runs but thats it.

Beth Phoenix v. Mickie James: 5/10 I thought they were going to have James drop the belt because of her actions a couple of weeks ago. Still, not a bad match. Diva matches aren't bad, when they do it right ie no Kelly Kellly, no stupid gimmicks.

John Cena segment....same old shit.

Bob Barker is the guest host next week?!?!:banghead:

Cody Rhodes v. Randy Orton for the WWE title: no match, but at least Cena got a beat down ( I cant stand the guy) Dusty's heel turn was a surprise, though I dont understand him getting the RKO.

Overall: 5/10. Like I said, better then last week, but still not all that great. I'll perdict maybe a 3.8 in the ratings. Although, if Raw continues to put on lack luster shows that number will drop once Monday Night Football starts back up in 2 weeks.

Seriously, does having the WWE title make Orton a fuckin' moron? Does wearing the strap have the same effect as hitting the bong 24/7, so he can't think straight?

The Guest GM/father of your lackey just orchestrated events so that you can beat the holy high hell out of not only your #1 opponent, but also a man who's been a thorn in your side ever since you won your first title, plus his mate who you've had lots of trouble with as well, AND the pair of them together have humiliated you repeatedly. Dusty, who you've beaten down for no reason in the past, helps you beat the hell out of 3 of your biggest enemies/threats and what do you do? RKO him in front of everyone.

Very fuckin' clever.

Punting Ted for screwing up his return match is understandable. RKOing Dusty in front of both Ted and Cody when he just helped you is ******ed. These 2 guys break their backs for you, do everything they can to ensure you leave every PPV with that title belt, and never ask for anything in return and you repay their blind obedience by bashing their fathers every chance you get, and even slapping them a round when it suits him as well?

Everyone knows that when you get the World title, the target them moves to you, and you are the hunted. So why is Orton pissing off more people, when he's stupidly vulnerable right now? He's got an I Quit match with Cena in a fortnight's time yes? Randy Orton has never even beaten Cena in a one-on-one match has he? So why is he trying to piss off his allies? What sort of ******ed booking is that?

Now Orton looks like a nutjob (and not a scary nutjob, just a ******ed one) for doing that, and Cody and Ted look like morons for still hanging out with the guy, while they are struggling to get over as it is.

It's bad enough that we have revolving door Main Events, but shit like this makes it even worse.

It's stupid decisions like this that stop me from watching Raw at all.

Seriously, does having the WWE title make Orton a fuckin' moron? Does wearing the strap have the same effect as hitting the bong 24/7, so he can't think straight?

The Guest GM/father of your lackey just orchestrated events so that you can beat the holy high hell out of not only your #1 opponent, but also a man who's been a thorn in your side ever since you won your first title, plus his mate who you've had lots of trouble with as well, AND the pair of them together have humiliated you repeatedly. Dusty, who you've beaten down for no reason in the past, helps you beat the hell out of 3 of your biggest enemies/threats and what do you do? RKO him in front of everyone.

Very fuckin' clever.

Punting Ted for screwing up his return match is understandable. RKOing Dusty in front of both Ted and Cody when he just helped you is ******ed. These 2 guys break their backs for you, do everything they can to ensure you leave every PPV with that title belt, and never ask for anything in return and you repay their blind obedience by bashing their fathers every chance you get, and even slapping them a round when it suits him as well?

Everyone knows that when you get the World title, the target them moves to you, and you are the hunted. So why is Orton pissing off more people, when he's stupidly vulnerable right now? He's got an I Quit match with Cena in a fortnight's time yes? Randy Orton has never even beaten Cena in a one-on-one match has he? So why is he trying to piss off his allies? What sort of ******ed booking is that?

Now Orton looks like a nutjob (and not a scary nutjob, just a ******ed one) for doing that, and Cody and Ted look like morons for still hanging out with the guy, while they are struggling to get over as it is.

It's bad enough that we have revolving door Main Events, but shit like this makes it even worse.

It's stupid decisions like this that stop me from watching Raw at all.

Yeah, I'm not sure what RKO'ing Dusty will acomplish, other then maybe messing with Cody's head. As far as making Orton a nutjob, they have been doing it for a while, but it still makes no sense RKO'ing Dusty.

It was a breath of fresh air to have a wrestling legend like Dusty Rhodes as Guest Host. Someone that knows the PPV names and someone who's car isn't at the scene of a crime like last week's host.

The opening segment was good to see Cody Rhodes mix it up with Orton. I thought the six diva tag was the worst abomination I've ever seen in women's wrestling. Except for Mickie James and Beth Phoenix, why the hell are all the divas offensive moves just a back hand spring elbow or a kick?

Vince needs to seriously let the divas wrestle for a change. If they can't wrestle, send them back to the go daddy commercials or Orlando Magic dance team. The divas match with Beth Phoenix and Mickie James made up for the six diva tag. Why are there so many divas in WWE anyways?

MVP vs. Chris Jericho was a good offensive bout. I just don't like MVP's character. He called Big Show a Big Dangerous Dummy and Chris Jericho Christina. Where did get his material, first grade? Was Big Stupid Doo Doo Head already taken? MVP seems like an ex con from Sesame Street. MVP just doesn't seem like a threat to me. It's weird how MVP was only able to beat Jericho with brass knuckles. Then this week Jericho beat MVP cleanly. Nice Push.

Chavo vs. Hornswoggle doesn't even deserve a review from anyone. Literally I thought it was 1993 again with Papa Shango and Doink the Clown. I was expecting to see The Ultimate Warrior in a casket, training for his match with the Undertaker in the next segment. This whole storyline should of ended weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Chavo/Hornswoggle match at Breaking Point. Hell, we will probably see the two feud all the way up to Wrestlemania 26. Raw ratings won't have a prayer if this shit continues, especially with football season coming up.

Mark Henry wins via DQ to Big Show. WWE loves teaming two big men together like they were Andre the Giant and Big John Studd. Does anyone find two big men wrestling each other entertaining? How man DQ's is Big Show going to have? Too bad WWE's best matches are saved for PPV. You know the matches where someone doesn't run in or cause a disqualification for once.

DX and Dusty Rhodes segment. It was amusing to see Dusty Rhodes and DX talk about WCW and the Attitude era, but does Shawn Michaels always have to overact? I mean its wrestling not the Housewives from New Jersey. I didn't know if that was Shawn on TV or Oprah the way he was carrying on. I'm sure DX will sell lots of items, but 40 year old men acting like they are 10 years old isn't entertaining at all. At least tone it down a few notches, I mean I'm sure a lot of 4 year olds were offended with Michaels saying kiss my backside. Awful.

Fatal 4 way for the U.S Title. Finally some decent wrestling for once. I thought all performers looked great, especially with the multiple finishes at the end. I'm ready to see The Miz or Swagger step up once and for all.

Shockmaster segment. I was wondering when someone would poke fun at this angle. Maybe next week we will see Spin the Wheel make a deal! with Hornswoggle. Why was Arn doing the voice when Ole was the... whatever. One Anderson is better then none. Santino shows up again, do you think he will be a guest on the Raw Price is Right?. I think most fans can accept DX acting like school children but these segments and a Hornswoggle/Chavo gimmick match? It's too much.

Cena shouts he will not say I quit. At least he is not talking about baby oil for a change. He said the words so much, you got to wonder if they will pull a Mick Foley and tape his voice over the speakers to say I quit. Much like Shane McMahon did to Mankind vs The Rock at Rumble.

The Ending segment was good, swerving us with a Dusty Rhodes heel turn. Then Orton Rko'ing Dusty. It made Orton look like a legitimate heel for a change, which we haven't seen since Wrestlemania. Cody Rhodes even got huge chants when the show went off the air. I like the tease of a Legacy break up, I just don't think it will happen any time soon with Legacy vs DX/Cena being hyped for future dark matches over the next month.

Overall a pretty decent Raw compared to the last few weeks. Hornswoggle and Chavo pretty much ruined what could of been a good Raw. Maybe WWE will come to their senses with these two but I doubt it.

maybe its just me, but who couldn't see the swerve at the end of the show coming right after the match was made. god i hope this doesn't lead to orton/dusty 2.

what did chavo do to deserve this bs? i know they're starting to build to a program between him and evan bourne, but couldn't they find a better way. this hornswaggle shit is old and repetetive. they have this crap every single week.

some people may bash the dx backstage segments, but other than that and the us title match, i fast forwarded through mostly everything else. i think hbk and trips are funny as hell. i wish they would bring some new talent over to raw. have gold dust try and join legacy. wouldn't be that great, but the backstage bits would be hillarious.

one more thing, i hate the new chris jericho. his promos are so boring. if he is gonna be a heel, have him act like he did back in wcw. jericho is a great wrestler, and damn funny. he should be over on smackdown feuding with cm punk as the old jericho.

Wow... What a Raw. Not quite sure how I mean that.

-Opening segment. Dusty is taking a long time on the stage. Change the channel...

-Back to Raw. Dusty is finally in the ring. Blah blah, pander to the crowd, title match for Cody, Orton comes down, odds stacked against Orton, Cody wants the opprotunity. Thoughts? Why didn't this get the kind of time last week's opening did? I mean this week the opening actually tried to advance the story... a rare thing with Legacy. Decent segment, and I'd have liked it if I really cared about an elderly Dusty or Legacy.

-Divas Battle royal... Change the channel...

-Jericho vs. MVP was fine for what it was. The right guy went over. I still don't like MVP.

-Chavo vs. Hornswoggle... Change the channel...

-I come back to Raw just in time to hear Cole segway from the last match to Big Show vs. Mark Henry. "The fun is over." Hehe.

-Are "World's Largest Athlete" and "World's Strongest Man" really aliases?

-Show vs. Henry was as good as I expected.

Kenny Powers said:
Too bad WWE's best matches are saved for PPV. You know the matches where someone doesn't run in or cause a disqualification for once.
Really? If that's true than it's kinda weird how only one match last night did that and all the rest that got underway had clean finishes.

-DX and Dusty do a good job of not being funny. Making those jokes about what a poor draw Shawn is will send HBK back to San Antonio to cry and look for his smile for a few months. They better be delicate when doing stuff like that. Oh, and the segment sucked.

-Four-way for the US title... So why did Carlito and Miz lurk dumbly outside the ring when Swagger had the half-crab on Kofi? Anybody? The guy who put this match together should lose his job. Fail.

-John Cena is shouting. I just wanna give him a pat on the back and tell him he doesn't need to try so hard on the mic.

-Final match doesn't get started. Legacy and Dusty end up getting the better of Cena and DX. Then Orton RKOs Big Dust because he's a meanie. Cody doesn't attack Orton despite Orton having his back to Cody and all! Cody's a pussy.

Verdict: Meh. I'm glad I didn't buy tickets. Give me SmackDown and ECW any day.

Lasting memory from the night: Cody letting everyone see his vagina on national televsion.

So, decent episode of Raw last night. There were some very good highs, and some of the absolute worst lows I've ever seen in wrestling history. Overall it really wasn't a bad episode at all, but one segment alone serously hurt last night's Raw. People don't remember the card that the Shockmaster incident happened on, do they?

The opening segment was good with Dusty, Cody, and Orton. Dusty's forehead did resemble an ancient piece of rough leather though, it looked especially grotesque in HD. Good promo though.

The Diva's battle royal was pretty awful. Mostly because of the fact that for some reason you could be eliminated in the match by being thrown through the ropes and not just over the top. I guess the "Diva's" are too frail to take that extra rope's height? The championship match for the winner later that night (Beth Phoenix) with Mickie James wasn't bad either, but also nothing very memorable.

Jerich-MVP was a nice match, but could've been much better, especially considering the talents of both men. Nothing particularly memorable here, but it was certainly time well spent on the show.

The Dusty & DX promos backstage, watching the WCW DVD were pretty good, mainly because of the charisma of all three men. Well, that and the epic Shockmaster gag. Pretty solid evidence that the IWC matters more than we think it does. Vince knows damn well the only people who know who the Shockmaster are are the hardcore wrestling fans (or the "IWC").

The Big Show-Mark Henry match was average for what it was. Henry had already sweat through his entire one piece before the match even started, it looked pretty disgusting. I'm interested to see what happens at Breaking Point though.

The fatal four way was another average, but not particularly memorable match up. It wasn't bad at all, in fact it was quite good though. I'm still not sold on Kofi yet though.

The thing that really killed the Raw, obviously, was the Chavo-Hornswoggle match in which Chavo was in a cow suit. I'm fairly certain that moment will go down in wrestling history as one of those "What the FUCK were you thinking?" moments like Mantaur or Katie Vick. That match alone almost killed this entire Raw for me.

But the main event saw two great swerves, which the WWE has been doing rather well lately it seems. Dusty turning heel and aligning himself with Legacy was interesting enough, but when Orton RKO'ed Dusty, that was a nice touch. I don't understand why they just had Cody sit back and cry like a little bitch though. He looked absolutely terrible doing that. They should have atleast had the show go off the air with the two of them in each other's face or something. It's blatantly obvious that Legacy is on it's way out real soon.

Overall, the Raw was good. But that Chavo-Swoggle shit...man it nearly killed my love of wrestling. That's how bad it was. I literally sat there and questioned why I was watching wrestilng. Because of that segment alone, I had to lower my rating a full letter grade. I give Raw last night a

B+

Raw was fantastic last night, the program tends to be much better with an ex wrestler at the helm rather than a celebrity.

First of all the opening segment was good and it made sense. With unlimited power of course a father would give his son a title shot and Cody played his part perfectly saying it was too good an opportunity to turn down. Orton sold the fact he wasn't happy about it well enough, as if he felt there was a chance Cody might win. The crowd getting behind Cody too was excellent.

Then onto tag team titles hype match #1. Chris Jericho so far this year has helped the intercontinental championship, the tag team titles, the Big Show and now MVP get over more. One of MVP's better outings and he didn't look weak in losing, in fact Jericho looked pretty lucky. Great TV match.

Now I know people are tired with Horny and Chavo but it is obviously not annoying the live crowd as it is getting a reaction. Yes it makes Chavo look ridiculous but it is also getting him heat for picking on Hornswoggle. If he comes out of this with people booing him often then it's a success. Bourne and him will end up feuding eventually with Chavo being very aggressive due to all his embarrassing moments building up on him. If not, who cares? It's only Chavo.

Show/Henry was decent enough. Big man vs big man, what more could you want? MVP and Henry look a threat and Show looks like he finally can't handle someone. I am looking forward to the tag match therefore this = success.

Then onto the US title match. What a brilliant match this was. This is what the midcard is all about. A group of guys who go out each night to steal the show. Kofi is working extremely well as the champion and whoever eventually takes it off him will have ended a terrific run. Everyone came out of this with their credibility increased.

Then onto Divas title match which involved by far the two best divas in the company. Great diva's match, if the other women could get to the level of these two the division will take off. Beth looked dominant, Mickie looked plucky. Good job all round.

Then the main event which I actually called perfectly(the video was only six minutes on youtube, what else could happen?) I loved the whole segment. Cody looked like an evil genius. Ted looked good (well, his finisher looks good anyway), Orton was Orton and Legacy looked strong as a unit. Cena and DX taken out which can lead to another Legacy/DX match hopefully. Then Orton's RKO was great. It shocked me. It confused me. It annoyed me. It was brilliant. It gave a reason to tune in next week, what more can you want?

Then a random divas battle royale, but with a purpose! As long as it builds to something I don't mind that. It probably went on a bit longer than it should have but it wasn't too bad.

Ahh been a while.

Anyway, I only caught the last hour or so and I agree with Emerson about Cody. I mean, he could have even just pushed Orton or SOMEthing other than yelling at him in a humorous fashion. And I loved the pacing back and forth like he was expecting a birth. I mean, nothing for nothing, but if this shit was real, follow me here, if that segment happened in real life. Like, I was in a gang and my dad came to help me beat the shit out of my enemies and my gang leader kicked my dad's ass I would not hesitate to kick the gang leader's head in. Unless my dad was the epitome of an asshole, I'd still go on the attack.

Jesus, what the hell am I talking about? If I had to have my dad help me in a gang fight then my group is as threatening as the Little Rascals.

I wish Cody had stared down Orton or something and not look like such a wuss. I know Orton is trying to keep Legacy focused, but this is dumb. Cody should've done something. Ted was just standing there like an idiot. He should've said something or at least sided with Orton by telling Cody to back off. I mean I know Cody like went to the corner and put his head down, but something should've been done instead of him yelling like and idiot.

Cena and DX made Legacy look better tonight and lately Legacy has been looking legit. The rest of the show was ok. As for the fatal 4 way, Kofi needs a real feud and not always surviving impossible situations. He needs to face someone 1 on 1 and build something.

The first SD w/o jeff was actually pretty damn decent. First, Punk's promo was incredible. The kids' faces thinking it was jeff were classic, and kind of sad, but it was pretty funny in punk's POV.

Rey and Morrison's match was so sick, match of the night, and the best match on SD since he faced jeff.

Matt and Punk: i expected better shit actually. Matt got some decent pops tho. But he could've had more. He had alot last week. And their match wasn't bad. Like I said I expected better. The weirdest part was the crowd was pretty quiet during the match, i mean they were louder 4 the khali/kane tag match...

Taker was sick, how he just shows up from nowhere.

All in all, great show. Better than Raw by a long shot.

Taker was sick, how he just shows up from nowhere.

That's true, but I got a kick out of the fact that they kept announcing: "Undertaker Returns Tonight" but the only place he shows up is in a supposedly unplanned run-in.:icon_razz:

Still, it was a terrific show. I thought the Rey-Morrison match was top-notch with twists and turns that kept the fans guessing all through the match. Those two guys had their timing down perfectly.....and it was a good thing they did, given some of the maneuvers they performed.

The whole show was well-paced and exciting.

RAW Review Matches

1. Beth Phoenix def. Kelly Kelly, Gail Kim, Rosa Mendes, Jillian and Alicia Fox in an “American Dream” Six-Diva Battle Royal

This battle royal wansn't the best WWE Diva's Battle Royal but it was a good one. I realy was hoping for Alicia Fox to win but oh well. I was real happy that they gave Jillian/Gail alot of time in the ring and then Beth elmatiting Gail just kicking her in the head was epic.

2. Unified WWE Tag Team Champion Chris Jericho def. MVP

I was half watching this match and it was ok, then ending was realy botched.

3. Hornswoggle def. Chavo Guerrero in a Bull Rope Match

Piss Break!

4. Mark Henry def. Unified WWE Tag Team Champion Big Show by disqualification

All I can say is that Big Show is getting himself DQ alot!

5. United States Champion Kofi Kingston def. The Miz, Jack Swagger and Carlito

Great match-up here, i realy miss the midcard's facing in fattle four ways. I realy like what they are doing with Kofi/Miz.

6. Divas Champion Mickie James def. Beth Phoenix

I thought Beth was going to win the Diva's Championship title here but still good match between the two.

7. WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes ended in a no contest

The ending was realy great, but two matches are DQ in the same night? Come on WWE! But it sill hasn't got me to watch 'Breaking Point' yet.​

Bob Barker last night...eh not to bad I loved how he pissed off Jericho. I may still get Breaking Point now. I really want to see the I Quit Match. I can't see Cena giving up, but Orton...I don't know what to do with him right now. He's just so much darker now and I have to say I wouldn't be shocked to if he retained somehow. As for DX vs Legacy, I'd like to see Legacy get put over here and keep the feud going. They are as legit as they've ever been and I think HHH and HBK are doing a good job putting them over.

Also The Unified Tag Team Championship match. MVP and Henry went clean over Jericho and Big Show and even if they don't win the gold, I want to see how the champs react with the gold on the line.

What a show...I mean John Morrison and Rey Mysterio tore the house down. I mean you could hear the crowd chant "This is awesome"! This is by far IMO a match of the year canidate. I don't think it can beat HBK vs Undertaker at Wrestle Mania 25, but this has to be the best SmackDown! episode since then.

Matt vs Punk was also pretty damn good and I can get used to the lights going out and Undertaker just showing up whenever the hell he wants. Punk was gold acting like Jeff and getting the kids all excited for nothing. The guy needs to stay heel for a very long time. He sold it that well and I'm looking forward to Undertaker facing Punk at Breaking Point even more now for the World Heavyweight Championship!

Pretty decent show last night, pretty up and down but I enjoyed it overall.

The opening segment was epic. Loved all of the contestants, especially IRS. Jericho is a such a bastard, I love it. The exchanges between him and Barker were great. If they show was 2 hours of Jericho talking, I might watch it.

Jericho v. MVP was pretty meh. The crowd was pretty into, as they were for most of the night, but something just didn't click for me. MVP is just plain awful in the ring. He does nothing interesting or exciting. I was pretty pissed when he won. However, at leas that means Jerishow will likely retain at BP.

Chavo v. Bourne was a promising match to start out. These two have had great matches on ECW and this could've been just as good. The crowd was way into Bourne, he got the biggest pop I've ever heard from him. I loved the spot were Bourne bounced off the ropes, that looked sick. Of course that fucking little fuck came out and ruined it though, so pointless.

Rhodes v. Cena was a very solid match. Good promo from Cody before that match that set things up pretty well. He plays the cowardly heel role nicely and these two seemed like they work pretty well together. Not sure how I feel about the Orton interference, but this was still a very good match.

Body Slam contests, not that great. Santino was pretty funny, but not as funny as usual. Someone really fucked something up after Show slammed him. Barker had no idea what was going on. It was pretty akward. Henry came out to a surprisingly big pop, and followed up with a pretty awful "match" against Big Show. Hopefully these two stay far away from each other after Jerishow dominated MarkVP at BP.

At this point, I was actually more concerned with the Miami/Florida State game. Apparently Barker knocked Chavo the fuck out, I imagine that was pretty funny. DX v. Orton/Masters seems kinda strange, but I guess they didn't want to job out someone like Swagger or Miz.

The aftermath looked to be pretty good, I love when a fight escalates into the back and cars are involved. Makes it seem like the stakes are so much higher. The Orton/Cena rivalry is moving along very nicely. Everyone should be extremely excited for their upcoming I Quit match.

Pretty average Raw, Barker was good except for the slip up after Santino/Big Show. The show wasn't paced very well, we didn't see any Swagger, Miz, Colons, Divas, or Kofi, who has the record for least amount of time spent on Raw by a champion. The highlight of the show was the opening segment, nothing else was that outstanding.

Final Grade: C+

Raw has been getting better and better imo and last night was no exception. I think the fact that the crowd was into the Raw so much got me that much more into it. The opening segment was one of the best segments I've seen in a while. Barker's face when he first heard Jillian sing was so freakin funny I couldn't stop laughing. The match were better than usual but the crowd was so into everything that it just made everything that much better. I don't think MVP has gotten a reaction like that. Ever. To hear everyone yell Ballin' was just crazy. I enjoyed last nights raw for sure.

I attended RAW in Chicago. It was great!!!! Having the whole "Price is RAW" Theme was pretty creative. The crowd was hot. We couldn't here the speakers most of the time.

The biggest pops would have to go Barker, DX, Cena, MVP.

Biggest Heat: Jericho, Orton.

Overall it was great!!!

It's really hard for me to rate this week's edition of Raw. On one hand, at several points during the show I had to simply shake my head and sigh at the ridiculous shit I was seeing on my television screen. At others I was laughing, having a good time. This was all during my second viewing of the show though. The first time I attempted to watch it, it was so boring that I literally watched the entire show, and could only remember about 5 minutes of it. Some of that may have had to do with messing around on here though.

Bob Barker was a pretty good host. He did screw up a couple things, and at one point I couldn't help but laugh as he kept having to ask for someone to speak up because he legit couldn't hear what they were saying, but he's a legend in the entertainment business and everyone seems to love him, so he worked rather well as a host. The whole Price is Raw segments were mildly entertaining, if only so we could see IRS and I could mark out a bit on the inside.

MVP vs. Jericho wasn't bad, but I keep expecting better from these two. The whole "win a trip to Hawaii" thing was pretty lame, but it wasn't a bad match.

Cena-Rhodes was interesting until the ending. There's only so many DQ finishes I can stand before my head just wants to explode.

Mark Henry vs. Big Show was pretty painful to watch. Good lord does Mark Henry sweat a lot out there, on an HD television it looks like he's practically wearing a see through one-piece, that's how badly his sweat has gone through his attire.

The main event was mediocre, though I should have expected as much when Chris Masters is involved. Can someone explain to me just what the fuck Chris Masters was doing in the main event of Raw? The guy couldn't get an infant to react to him if he stole their candy. Remember kids, it's not how good you are at your job, it's who you know!

Mediocre episode, as usual. I'll give it the rating of a

C+

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back