• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not going to go into a full review, I think I'll wait a week seeing as I just joined, but I will consider it an average Raw, with its share of highs and lows.

I don't think it makes sense to have Priceless get a clean win over HHH and then all of Legacy and the other heels not go over Cena. But the former was enough to satisfy me for the night.

Does Cena need that big a push for Summerfest anyway?

Well, I totally called out the whole Sgt. Slaughter being a heel GM angle. I really enjoyed whenever he came out though, even though I was slightly disappointed that the crowd seemed to die as the show went on. This was particularly pleasing because I expected him to be a bland GM, as he was just a fill-in for reluctant celebrities.

You can see I already made a thread in reaction to the "Calgary Kid" victory, that admittedly made me mark out. I really liked the way they made Miz return, and I really hope he uses this momentum to go places on the roster.

On the whole Shawn Michaels videos, I really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the part where his boss called him Hickenbottom, and Shawn said it was his alias name. (Hickenbottom is Shawn's real last name). The segments were pretty funny, and I'm glad that Vince regenerated the balls to allow a wrestler to "kick" a little girl in the face. Good stuff.

The Legacy vs. Mark/Hornswoggle segment. Legacy deservedly and unsurprisingly went over, but I just hope that Mark doesn't get caught up with this Hornswoggle as a partner. It would ruin all momentum he's built during his stay on RAW. Regardless, a great RAW filled with much laughs and a few surprises.

I agree this was one of the best Raw's in awhile. Now the DX segments were pretty much what made it good for me. The Miz coming back was pretty sweet too. The only issue I had was the fans in Calgary. Don't get me wrong I love Canada almost as much as the US, I've been there it's a great country. I hope I don't get heat for that, ha ha. Anyway, that's at least the 3rd time they teased a B Hart return and they marked out like Calgary just won the Stanley Cup. I am pretty sure everybody and there brother knew it was a hoax, I was sitting there shaking my head at how obvious that it was. Other then that a very good raw, one of the best since Wrestlemania 25 for sure!

It sucked. Plain and simple. It's like Vince purposely wanted to piss off the live crowd with his bland scripting. Every time Slaughter came out, I was expecting a Canadian star to come out and wipe the floor with him but it never happened. No Hart Dynasty, which would've been cool. Although the Bret Hart tease was pretty funny, not gonna lie. The Miz angle was well done but way too predictable anyway. The main event was shit with yet another stupid refereeing decision. Why the fuck is it a DQ now just for someone not involved in the match to come to ringside or jump on the apron? Have Orton distract Cena, turn around into a codebreaker, 1-2-3, everyone's happy and Raw's main event actually has some fucking substance to it. And great way to build a feud for the title match, have the opponents work together well to end a show. Ugh, I'm done with Raw. Punk and Hardy's program shits all over this so called "A" show.

I enjoyed Raw, it entertained me.

Good points

The matches were pretty decent as a whole some good work in the ring.
Legacy beating hornswoggle! :p
The way they are letting big Show dominate
The Slaughter segments were hilarious.
The Canadian crowd falling for the Hart thing once again, they've done it a number of times, you should expect it.
No Marella
The DX segments were suprisingly good, the Hickenbottom and Summerfest thing were just funny.
Miz returning...someone said it was predictable...was it heck, here you had Eugene against some jobber, everyone thought Eugene would win. Even when I said I bet it's the Miz the guys I was talking to said neh there's no way whatsoever.

The bad
Jillian Hall annoys me to hell, get her off that gimmick and lets see her wrestle dammit.
A perfect opportunity to have the Hart dynasty come out was wasted.
What's the deal with Markswoggle? Seriously don't let this carry on for much longer.

Random thought
Chavo somehow managed to get Legacy to help him out. With Chavo being second generation can we see him joining the group?

You know Rony, I almost forgot about that too. WTF was the Hart Dynasty, yea I know it was Raw and they are suppose to be heels. But could you imagine how cool it would have been if they came out and beat up Slaughter in the Bret segment, now that would have been epic. The DQ was different, RKO didn't even touch him. You got to admit whether the two of them teaming is a good idea or not, that finisher on Jericho was pretty damn cool.

Raw was very entertaining this week. I love teasing the Canadians with a Bret Hart return. Although, even though I knew it wasn't going to happen, I was still kind of excited, just on the off-chance it did happen.

DX segments were really funny, and I'm hoping that might stop some of the complaints about a reunion. Although, it's Wrestlezone so I'm not holding my breathe on that one. The mentioning of 'Hickenbottom', the fire, Summerfest. The whole thing had me laughing and smiling hugely. Glad Shawn's back, and loved the kicking of the little girl who was annoying me. Surprised it happened, but also very glad. Excited for next week with Legacy's words to DX nearing the end of the show.

Slaughter is so hilarious, I can't help but wish he was still a part of the show now. I really enjoyed his input, he really knew how to work that crowd. I was kind of indifferent to him before but that has changed.

Um, the divas match wasn't too bad actually. Damn Phoenix is strong, I was quite surprised by that. I think maybe a triple threat would have been better, usually four way matches seem a little random.

I really like Jack Swagger, there's just something about him that draws me in every time I watch him wrestle, and I'm really hoping he'll go far in the business. If he continues the way he is I have little doubt that's the case.

I'm starting to like Cena more, which is surprising me. His pop at the beginning of the show was huge, even louder than a lot of American audiences. Maybe it's the fact WWE aren't in Canada often.

The show was decent as far as the promos went, but the wrestling left a lot to be desired.

I know most people won't agree with me, but enough Evan Bourne already. He should not be on Raw, but I understand they're going to book him as the next Mysterio (without a mask of course). He'll always fight the bigger guys and win some and lose some - occassionally winning a mid card title.

The Divas match was actually watchable, but it's still Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and two ladies who can't wrestle very well. As much as I love me some Kelly Kelly, this one should have been a one on one match with Beth and Gail.

Show and Orton was a virtual throw away, although the ending makes it appear as if Show will actually be pushed as an unstoppable giant once again. Lets hope it ends better this time around for the big man - unlike the past 20 times they've taken this approach.

I was real disappointed with Cena / Jericho. I really wanted to see a good wrestling mach and I know these guys could have put one on. Interference was expected, but they could have mixed it up real good until the ending and they didn't. It was just average work by two of the best in the business.

I like the fact they're actually using Chris Masters instead of making him a guy who appears on Superstars and that's it. I think he has some real talent and I'd like to see him stick around for a while.

Loved the Calgary Kid / Miz bit, even though it was pretty obvious that it was the Miz behind the mask. I actually marked out because I knew it was him and I was right. Eugene is pointless - always has been, always will be. It's a shame though because Nick Dinsmore is a pretty good wrestler who's stuck with a shit gimmick.

Thankfully the promo work of Jericho, HHH and HBK saved the show for me last night. I just wish the "E" could get both aspects of the show to be great at the same time. It seems like one week the wrestling is great and the next week the promos are great.

Reactions: gd
I thought that Raw was decent last night, nothing special but nothing horrible.

Opening Promo: Pretty standard stuff, but nothing special. Orton saying he's going to win followed by Cena freaking out. I like how Jerico and Big Show are still in the main event scene despite having the tag team belts, it will really help out whoever beats them for the titles.

#1 Contender's Match - Beth Pheonix v. Gail Kim v. Alicia Fox v. Kelly Kelly- I actually thought this match was really good, by far the best diva's match I've seen in awhile. There were a lot of near falls, some good spots, and it was given a decent amount of time. Of course Beth and Gail were the highlights, but I also saw some good things from Kelly and Alicia. I'm glad Kim got the win, a rivalry with Mickie seems interesting, expect a heel turn from her pretty soon.

Jack Swagger v. Evan Bourne - Once again just an average match between these two. Everytime I watch them I just think that Swagger is way too good for Bourne. Bourne is just too bland and boring, he really doesn't deserve a push. The Swagger/MVP aftermath was good, they should have gotten more mic time during this rivalry, which hopefully will get a match at Summerslam.

DX Segments- I'll just group them all together. Overall, I didn't like them as much as most, but thought they were entertaining. The best was definetly the last one when he hit the Sweet Chin Music on the little girl. The whole idea seemed kind of random, but at least it gave us some entertainment.

Sgt. Slaughter Segments - I thought that all of them were pretty stupid and not that good. Sarge even slipped up on the mic a few times. I don't know why Jillian sings anymore, it is just stupid. The Bret Hart thing was alright, but anyone who actually thought he was coming out is an absolute moron. The really was no point to his segments aside from fucking with the Canadians, I would have rather seen Kofi Kingston or one of the Colons in a match.

Contract on a Pole Match - Eugene v. Calgary Kid - Wasn't really much of an actual match. I was actually thinking Eugene would win for sure and would be making his return to Raw. Despite how obvious it was, I was actually surprised to see Miz under the mask. It was cool seeing the Miz come back, but I don't think they made enough of a fuss about it. Cole acted half surprised, and then it was over. He didn't even mention it at any point during the rest of the show.

Randy Orton v. Big Show - Typical Big Show match here, complete domination followed by Orton slithering away. Big Show is looking awfully strong right now, but the bigger they are the harder they fall. Once again, I thought this match and the whole Show/Orton mini feud is all right, but kind of random.

MVP v. Chris Masters - Holy crap MVP is awful. Every time I watch one of his matches it's worst than the last one. He is just so slow and boring in the ring. The playmaker is a horrible finisher as well. I totally marked out when Swagger kicked his ass after the match, hopefully he will eventually send him all the way to the unemployment line.

Markswaggle v. Legacy - Please don't let Henry get caught up with Hornswaggle and become the next Finlay, he should be near the main event, not a stupid leprachaun. The match was ok, Henry looked strong, but Legacy rightfully went over. Too bad DX is going to crush them at Summerslam.

Jericho Bacstage - What the hell was the point of turning Jericho against the crowd? I know that he's a heel, but there are still going to be a bunch of people cheering for him. Now you've just confused everyone and forced me to listen to Lawler call them "bizarre" like a million times.

Chris Jericho v. John Cena - The match was just average, nothing close to their last match. Definetly could have used more time. I hate that Cena doesn't tap when he's in the Walls for over a minute, but once he gets Jericho in the STF he's submits in like 10 seconds. Of course, the match was already over for some reason because Orton came to the apron? If that is the case, then why wasn't Rhodes DQ'd when Dibiase did the same things in his match against Triple H a few weeks ago? Anyway, Cena and Orton v. Jerishow should be interesting next week, it's in Orton's hometown so he may actually get a face reaction since he is with Cena as well.

I'd give Raw a B rating and the match of the night to the Diva's fatal fourway.

I actually thought this was one of the worst shows Ive seen in awhile. Im sure it has alot to do with the fact that I've never cared for DX. If i did i imagine my enjoyment of that would have drown the rest out.
The diva 4 way battle that people seemed to like was awkward to me. Only Gail and Beth have any athletic wrestling ability so everything the other two do just seems worthless. The highlight of the match was the constant roll up attempts and thats not saying much.

Slaughter I thought was the worst guest host so far. It didnt work at all for me. He stumbled his way through promos and seemed to forget where he was going with them a few times. It didnt help that he looks even more like humpty dumpty than he ever has before. The crowd didnt seem into him much at all and in fact they didnt seem all that much into anything.

The other disappointment was Cena vs. Jericho. I wanted Jericho to win and thought they could finally throw his character a bone but thats not the point. It seemed the two wrestlers just didnt work well together last night. I noticed several awkward moments where it just looked like their timing was off.

Reactions: gd
Well Sgt Slaughter was the most useless guest host to date. All he did was piss off the fans to the point I wished someone would do something to him.
The Women's match was the best match with nice moves by all the women. Especailly Gail's nice jump from the apron to the floor

Did anyone else figure out that the Calgary Kid was the Miz? I knew that something was fishy when they had Eugene vs someone who was obviously going to lose.

Unfortunately i missed the Jericho match but it was not like i was going to miss a worthwhile match.

Just found out Sarge got a 3.8 rating LOL

Glad to know probably low key guest hosts won't stop people from watching the show.

I thought RAW was pretty solid. Nothing remotely special like always. But its a solid show. I'm not going to be one of those IWC users that rate RAW '2.5 stars out of 10' or some crap like that. It was a show that kept me interested. Had some funny bits with some segments and heel Sarge, haha.

Up until last monday I thought Jeremy Piven was the worst guest host, actually not so much Piven as I could not stand Dr. Ken. God did he ever annoy the piss out of me, to the point I wanted him to die. Anways, Slaughter takes the cake as the worst guest host to date. He screwed up countless times on the mic and besides making a few matches, the only reason it seemed he was there, was so Vince could have him piss the fans. It was pointless and even a bit tactless, I'm all for cheap heat, but to put a slash through the Canadian Flag, then have Jillian come out and butcher one of America's songs was disrespectful to me. Sometimes Vince just needs to take a step back and realize he's being a real idiot.

However I suppose I can't take anything away from him as the show did a great rating, but still, I personally didn't care to much for Raw. Yes I marked out on the Cena/Orton finishing move on Jericho, that was awesome, and it's cool The Miz is back on Raw, but nothing else came of it, it was like he's back, oh well, moving on. Now I'm sick of seeing DX reunite every few months for easy pops and easy ratings, but while the segments were kind of entertaining, all in all, I thought them almost to cheesy. I don't know, I'll give Raw a C-.

Right I've missed a few weeks of RAW but have just about caught up. I'll just mention a few things.

Piven and that other guy were shit but they got mainstream exposure for the wwe so I guess that was good but that show wasn't interesting for me, the only bit to make you want to see the next week was what was going to happen to Miz. Oh, forgot all about the handicap match. That was the best part of Raw. HHH gets a lot of stick for failing to put over people, but he did a superb job of making Legacy look like gold. It looked like he couldn't handle the two of them and the post match promo was good.

As for Slaughter's show it was much, much better. The Raw was brilliant. SLaughter did what a guest host should, get a reaction out of the corwd in bits but not affect the show too much.

Starting with the DX thing, I liked it. I know there will be those who thought it was stupid but there was good enough comedy and the crowd were eating it up. DX is okay in short bursts, it can't be too overdone though cos it gets old quick. Hopefully Legacy give a good showing in the build up and the match.

The Miz return was brilliantly done. It wasn't predictable, though I'm sure many will say it was. I saw Eugene return and expected him to beat the jobber to provide comedy with Santino, but the Miz is back and got more heat from the crowd. He is doing brilliantly with his mannerisms and his mic skills. He just needs to become sharper in the ring.

The main event was brilliant, Cena/Jericho always is. And the set up for next week is good. Orton/Cena teaming has worke din the past (versus the entire Raw roster 2008) and the RKO off Cena's shoulders made me mark out. Also is Big Show finally working? It looks like it to me. I was pissed when he came out to be Jericho's partner, but Jericho is making him seem of importance, though it would have been better with Edge.

This weeks Raw was decent, Freddie Prinze Jr. definitely was't the worst guest host, he wasn't the best either, but that may be due to fact he had a very minimal impace over all. Though the opening segment with Santino was pretty funny and entertaining, then again I am a Santino mark. I also MTFO when Orton took Jr out. That was awesome, then again I am a Orton mark. What I love is Orton finally took out a guest host.

The matches weren't bad either, all around I was impressed. Carlito actually had a very good showing with Kofi, good fast paced, action packed match, I enjoyed it, I still don't care for Carlito, but it was a good match. Miz and Bourne was good too, Miz's turn around will be great, his new trunk fit him well and I am pleased to see that he will hopefully be in the running for the US Title very soon. I could see him and Kofi having a very solid feud and program with Miz taking the US Title.

Ok... is it just me or did anyone else expect DX to get shit kicked out of them? I did not expect that, but man it was awesome. It makes Legacy look more legit and more of a valid threat. Granted we will likely see DX win at the Slam, but I would love to see Legacy beat them at The Slam as well. That's just me though.

Gail Kim and Mickie had a good showing, wasn't a bad match, but unless they are pushing a Gail Kim/Mickie James program for the title, it was kind of pointless if you ask me. The Cena interview was ok, didn't show his intense side as much as I had hoped if at all. Oh well, I still like him. I really love how they are building a very personal side to the Swagger and MVP feud, brings more intensity and energy to it. More realism if you please. I like the way it's shaping up and should have a nice blow off in a couple of months. Hopefulle Swagger goes over though as I think he the better choice to get a bigger push.

Chavo/Hornswoggle again. I went to take a shit during this. Yes I love them both, but now I am honestly getting annoyed with it, it's gone on far to long. I did see Mr. Culkin appear though, that's cool, so I'm guessing he'll be a guest host somewhere down the road. Floyd Mayweather huh? I think it'll be stupid personally, I didn't like the Floyd the first time, but who knows I just might be surprised, doubt it though.

The main event, wasn't bad. Defintely built up Cena/Orton at The Slam. All in all not a bad Raw at all, not great, but not bad. I'd give it a solid C+.

Uh... did I miss something... or was that finish with the Mickie/Gail matchup horribly botched? Who screwed up there? Was the announcer's "block" call a cover for the mistake?

I enjoyed RAW this week, it was the first one I was able to stay completely awake for the entire 2 hours. So it mustn't have been that bad. First off, I thought Freddie Prinze Jr was good in the guest host role...it was refreshing to see someone who wasn't there to promote their latest movie for a change. I thought Prinze was good at getting the crowd pumped up and his interactions with Santino and Orton were good as well. I also liked how he sold the move from Orton for what it was worth...

The match between Carlito and Kingston was good, it was nice to see them be given a fair amount of time to do their thing and I think it paid off.

Originally Posted By badboybydesign:
Ok... is it just me or did anyone else expect DX to get shit kicked out of them? I did not expect that, but man it was awesome. It makes Legacy look more legit and more of a valid threat. Granted we will likely see DX win at the Slam, but I would love to see Legacy beat them at The Slam as well. That's just me though.

I couldn't agree more with this, the last thing in the world I was expecting was to see the newly reformed DX getting laid out last night, rather, I expected the opposite with a massacre of Legacy. I thought Shawn and Hunter had a few entertaining exchanges before they came out and then when Legacy came in and started the beat down I was suprised but really pleased. What needed to happen happened and WWE and DX deserve credit for putting Legacy over here as a farily serious threat before the big match at Summerslam. While it would do Rhodes and Dibiase the world of good to win on Sunday, I think DX will be winning their first return match. Overall I really enjoyed the DX/Legacy segment last night and it was my favourite part of the show.

The womens title match in a way ruined what I believe could have been a really intense Divas feud between Kim and James. Who knows, maybe they still will have a full blown feud but as for the match itself, I think it started really well but it came off a bit rushed before the botched finish.

Swagger v MVP was more about building up their feud and to be honest, now I want to see who will win in a proper competitive match up as the feud is reaching a new level of intensity. Now, when they meet at Summerslam it will have a purpose as the two have been portrayed over recent weeks as having some proper personal problems. Nice.

Chavo losing to Hornswoggle again actually earned him more respect...at least in my eyes. Surely, for losing to Swoggle for several weeks Chavo deserves some sort of push or proper feud? I don't even like Chavo all that much but enough of this Hornswoggle stuff. It was entetaining maybe the first few times but now Chavo is going to struggle to be taken seriously again.

The main event was a decent tag and it served its purpose of adding more intensity to the Orton/Cena match this Sunday. Overall, that was the most I've enjoyed RAW over the last few weeks and I thought it was a solid show.

Uh... did I miss something... or was that finish with the Mickie/Gail matchup horribly botched? Who screwed up there? Was the announcer's "block" call a cover for the mistake?

Both finishers where botched, but it wasn't Mickies fault. Gail couldn't take the DDT properly, and she took it worse than Rosa and Maryse. Then the annoucers decided it was a counter, and then Mickie went for the Mick Kick (she hit it like she hits it everytime; though some like to say Mickie missed it when she didn't), and Gail just stood there when she was supposed to fall down and sell it - basically she no sold the kick, and Mickie punched her and then got the pin. The match wasn't anything special, but Gail was sloppy as anything, really can't blame Mickie for the finishers tbf. Mickie should go back to using the superkick, especially since Gail made two of Mickies finishers look like shit.

That DX/Vince segment lasted FAR FAR too long, wasn't funny, and seemed unplanned and made WWE look bad. I loved the dx stuff last night, but if this is what we have to look forward to, i hope dx ends tonight.

Raw was actually pretty good last night, until John Cena showed up at the end...What was a pretty a pretty good show got really shitty once I heard that theme music...

The guests hosts continue to get worse and worse...Just scrap the whole idea and bring in a GM...Shaq and The Million Dollar Man have been a notch above the rest...

The Miz continues to be impressive and I enjoy the new direction that they have his character going...It was sad that he had to be buried by John Cena after carrying all the matches that they had together....

It was great to see Evan Bourne make an appearance in the Chavo Guerrero/Hornswaggle match...Hopefully they will end this feud between the two and go with a Bourne/Chavo program...It will be a good for Bourne to learn from the veteran Chavo...

Raw was absolutely terrible tonight. Probably the very worst show of this year so far. Where to start? The opening segment was mildly amusing, but stretched on for over half an hour, which is just unacceptable. An opening segment should not take up a quarter of the entire show unless it's something insanely important like a Wrestlemania feud or something. The matches...well there weren't very many. Swoggle-Chavo in a comedy boxing match? Makes me want to kill myself and put Chavo out of his misery as well. The only highlight of that first hour was the diva's match, and that was only because Mickie looked so god damn hot in that skimpy boxing outfit.

The main event...meh. I was shocked at just how much the crowd was loving Vince. What the hell was up with that crowd, I guess Vegas loves McMahon? I find it hilarious that Vince, the constant thorn in DX's side, is now teaming up with them. Way to be hip, edgy, and anti-establishment DX. That stable is officially dead to me after tonight.

There was absolutely no purpose to the main event being a No DQ match other than to have an excuse for Cena to come out and interfere at the end. Seriously, the match was a 100% normal tag match without any weapons or brawling outside of the ring; the No DQ stipulation was absolutely pointless.

I guess the fans probably were sent home happy from the little bow that DX, McMahon and Cena did together at the end of the show. For me, it was mildly amusing That was about as much as I could say about this episode as a whole. It was hard for me to even pay attention to some of the crap I was seeing.

Can't wait for Smackdown, a wrestling show that's actually entertaining.

I'd give this show a

D+

Maybe a C- at best.

Raw was absolutely terrible tonight. Probably the very worst show of this year so far. Where to start? The opening segment was mildly amusing, but stretched on for over half an hour, which is just unacceptable. An opening segment should not take up a quarter of the entire show unless it's something insanely important like a Wrestlemania feud or something. The matches...well there weren't very many. Swoggle-Chavo in a comedy boxing match? Makes me want to kill myself and put Chavo out of his misery as well. The only highlight of that first hour was the diva's match, and that was only because Mickie looked so god damn hot in that skimpy boxing outfit.

The main event...meh. I was shocked at just how much the crowd was loving Vince. What the hell was up with that crowd, I guess Vegas loves McMahon? I find it hilarious that Vince, the constant thorn in DX's side, is now teaming up with them. Way to be hip, edgy, and anti-establishment DX. That stable is officially dead to me after tonight.

There was absolutely no purpose to the main event being a No DQ match other than to have an excuse for Cena to come out and interfere at the end. Seriously, the match was a 100% normal tag match without any weapons or brawling outside of the ring; the No DQ stipulation was absolutely pointless.

I guess the fans probably were sent home happy from the little bow that DX, McMahon and Cena did together at the end of the show. For me, it was mildly amusing That was about as much as I could say about this episode as a whole. It was hard for me to even pay attention to some of the crap I was seeing.

Can't wait for Smackdown, a wrestling show that's actually entertaining.

I'd give this show a

D+

Maybe a C- at best.

I agree with everything you've said, besides the "worst show of the year" part. There have been worst, fondly remembering some episodes of Raw from the beginning of 2009 that were hitting ratings of 3.2. But um, yea, this show was pretty bad. Shaq's episode is still the best GH edition episode, and by the looks of it, it's probably going to stay that way, so they might as well scrap the whole idea. Shaq = Ratings, and he brought in a 4.0, something WWE dreams they could get, which I'm sure they surpassed that rating all the time during the Attitude Era. But, they can't keep calling Shaq to save them, as he has other important things to do, such as, hmm, I dunno, the NBA. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I agree, this show sucked. The opening segment was stretched out far too long, showing that wrestling really isn't a factor. And DX is done, as evidenced by today's show. They now look like 2 middle aged folks trying to relive "the good days", but it's just not working.

You gave it a D+, I would give it a D.

WWE needs to learn to have good raw programs after good ppv's. Royal Rumble was amazing but the raw after featured the unfortunate start to the Orton/Shane feud. Summerslam was amazing but tonight SUCKED. The entire show came across unprepared and looked horrific as a result, whether you consider them having to wait 10 minutes to get the showgirls out of the ring or the excessive intro to floyd mayweather.

Alicia Fox pins the divas champion?? Please tell me this won't lead to an alicia/mickie feud. They clearly have no clue how they are gonna book the divas and it shows.

I do like the miz development, they are making him come across like a serious threat to kofi. Speaking of kofi, do they even care about him anymore? no summerslam. no raw. But why are they jobbing santino. someone save santino. please.

thank goodness they appear to be ending hornswaggle/chavo and going with bourne/chavo.

Ok so you are taking 4 talented SINGLES competitors and putting them in the next tag feud?? I really hope this ultimately gives MVP a rub or else this feud will be pointless.

anti-establishment dx throwing the boss a birthday party and putting him on their team. killing credibility much??? oh and what was with HHH making the match anyhow?? Mayweather hadn't arrived yet but had made the DIVAS match before arriving. You mean to tell me the most important match for him to make was the divas??

how much longer before festus and hacksaw are on the future endeavors list???

Opening Segment: First of all, I don't get why they spent like 2 minutes on Brett Dibiase and didn't mention it at all during the rest of the show. I turned on the show at about 5 after 9 and had no idea he was even involved. Like others have said, the DX segments was funny at times, but went on way to long. It took up 1/4 of the show, which is unforgiveable. Vince in the main event with DX is just stupid and illogical.

The Miz v. Santino: Pretty decent for being a glorified squash. Santino is always entertaining, he made me chuckle in the ring. The new Miz character is really looking good, however, a feud against Kofi would be better if Kofi was ever on TV.

Gail Kim, Mickie James, and Kelly Kelly v. Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox, and Beth Pheonix: The Maywhether Melee match was quite odd, considering Floyd hasn't been seen all day. The action was just a basic Diva's match, Fox gets the pin for some reason.

Jerishow v. MarkVP : Each and every week, Jericho is one of the best parts of Raw. His mic work is always great, I especially liked his "I'm not leaving either" line. He plays the stuck up heel so well. Maywhether was pretty awful during the whole segment, plus the crowd didn't even like him. MVP was actually ok on the mic, but not that great. The match itself was ok. Henry catching Jericho in the Codebreaker was a great spot, I hated the stupid and predictable brass knuckles ending though. Hopefully MarkVP isn't the team to take down Jerishow.

Chavo v. Hornswoggle, Exhibition Match: Since the WWE fans really want to see a boxing match between a midget and a guy wearing oversized gloves. Horny isn't even that over with the crowd anymore. At least we may be moving to a Bourne/Chavo feud, some of their matches on ECW were really good.

DX and Vince McMahon v. Legacy: Honestly, I fell asleep in the middle of the match. It may have been because I was just tired, but they cetianly weren't doing anything to keep me awake. I did see the predictable Cena run in though, but I didn't see Brett. Vince gets the pin on his B-Day, of course.

Overall, pretty awful Raw. The tag match was at least decent, but other than that, just horrible. We got a 30 minute opening segment, but no Swagger. I'll give it a D grade, and that's generous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back