[Official] Jersey Triad goes to "Raw-Down" 4/19 LD

I don't know if he's just selling, or what, but Edge looked like he might really be hurt

He's 100% selling, last week when it happened he walked up ramp with a referee but once they got passed the tron he was walking normally.

Unless he bashed it further this match, didn't look it though.

What... the fuck.

I don't even have anything to say about this Raw. Like, I just don't have an opinion.

R-Truth = dead.
Khalgruber
Lillian Garcia's back

W-what?

I think I can squeeze something out here.

This was a great show.

But what the fucking fuck?

What... the fuck.

I don't even have anything to say about this Raw. Like, I just don't have an opinion.

R-Truth = dead.
Khalgruber
Lillian Garcia's back

W-what?

I think I can squeeze something out here.

This was a great show.

But what the fucking fuck?

Having been there live, this show sucked hard. Any momentum the show built was usually killed by 10-15 minutes of downtime, commercials, etc. I hate to say it, but the only really cool moments of the night were the funny moments. And NorCal marking out for HHH and Thwagger.

For those who don't know...the R-Truth dead thing was a joke because that's what happens in everyone of his SNL sketches.

Having been there live, this show sucked hard. Any momentum the show built was usually killed by 10-15 minutes of downtime, commercials, etc. I hate to say it, but the only really cool moments of the night were the funny moments. And NorCal marking out for HHH and Thwagger.

That's the thing, I loved Raw last night. I thought it was the most fun I've had watching an episode of it since the MSG Raw from a few months ago. The writers, when their backs are pushed against the wall and they actually have to work and are faced with a situation where they face adversity, do a damn good job.

However, there were a couple of times, especially after where I said it was a great show and you asked if I was on crack, that I said to myself that I felt bad for the people in the audience, because while it was a great show on television, a lot of it was centered on MacGruber's incompetence, which meant it was going to be segment heavy... plus the fact that they wrote it on two days notice.

But I loved the Punk/HHH promo, I like McIntyre enough and I hate Matt Hardy, so I was glad he won, and I thought the Swagger/Undertaker match was REALLY good and did a lot for Swagger. I thought the Six Man Tag was also a real good match, and of course, the MacGruber segments were great.

The show was what Raw for the last couple months hasn't been... fun, different, entertaining, and featured some quality wrestling action. I can understand where you're coming from though. It was a show that diidn't translate as well to a live audience as it did to television.

Raw was so disgustingly bad last night if you were there with us. After the Swagger/Taker match, at least 1/3 of the crowd went home. I had never seen anything like it.

Yeah the MacGruber stuff was pretty stupid. It cam off as low rent, but to be fair a lot of the wrestlers weren't there so that's not WWE's fault.

They were going to run the MacGruber stuff regardless. I'm sure it still would have come off awful.

Shows like last night are why I only go pay per views these days. Considered SmackDown last summer but never got the chance. Their momentum died. Raw... I wouldn't even bother and I've had multiple opprotunities to do so.

Yeah, I would never go to a Raw taping because you know what you're getting. At least with a Smackdown taping you're getting to watch two shows get taped, plus a Superstars match, and the Smackdown roster is truly better than Raw's. I'd go see a House Show before a Raw taping.

yeah, so all in all I don't want to hear ANY complaints about Raw last night

Yeah, man. What a nice guy. Too bad we were only able to speak for about 5 minutes. But a really cool dude.

Glad to hear it. He's always seemed really cool on here.

OK, now all you have to do is drive down here to watch ER with me. ;)

That's the thing, I loved Raw last night. I thought it was the most fun I've had watching an episode of it since the MSG Raw from a few months ago. The writers, when their backs are pushed against the wall and they actually have to work and are faced with a situation where they face adversity, do a damn good job.

Afraid I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there Guy, while I agree that the sketches were humorous and I am a big fan of the current SNL writing crew and both Will Forte and Kirsten Wiig. There' just one problem---that was NOT a wrestling show for the most part. It wasn't. It was a sitcom. A humorous sitcom, sure, but a sitcom nevertheless acted out live in front of an audience. If Swagger and 'Taker hadn't had a very solid little match on Raw I would have called the whole show a disaster. Not that I can really blame them, they couldn't control the weather and they did do a good job at atleast delivering an entertaining program for the most part, it's just that it wasn't even slightly wrestling-based for a large chunk of it. I'm a big fan of in-depth storylines and trying new things but I need it all to still be primarily focused around wrestling for me to buy into it normally.

I won't say Raw was bad last night, because it wasn't, I was entertained by it. But from a wrestling perspective, it wasn't very good.

Raw was piss-poor. Probably one of the worst shows in the past five years. And it wa 1,000 times worse live.

Sorry GuyComptom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back