• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] 2nd Bi-Annual Rock Tournament Spam Thread

That's where I draw the line. Hendrix influenced MANY more artists than Clapton did. Granted, Clapton was a better guitar player but Hendrix did more for guitar playing than anyone could imagine.

Well then we have found a line in the sand my friend.

I would absolutely love for Gaga to be included, but I think I'd pull a Game Rage and lose it eventually ha.

Gaga, despite others' beliefs, is an AMAZING singer. However, she belongs nowhere NEAR a best-of-all-time list.

A couple names I noticed weren't there that I think a great case could be made for:

Robert Smith (The Cure)
Morrisey (The Smiths)
David Johansen (New York Dolls)
Joey Ramone (The Ramones)
Lou Reed (Velvet Underground)
Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)
Bernard Sumner (New Order)

And so on.

In the mornin...I splash it on...and it surrounds my face with class...

beast.jpg

If you want to be the king of the beast and smell like a jungle rat... cat... they kinda look alike.

Gaga, despite others' beliefs, is an AMAZING singer. However, she belongs nowhere NEAR a best-of-all-time list.

Of course she doesn't, her career is just an infant.

Her biggest inspiration though, Elton John, should be on the list.

And honestly, if Billy fucking Idol is on the list she should be.

Billy fucking Idol.

Of course she doesn't, her career is just an infant.

Her biggest inspiration though, Elton John, should be on the list.

And honestly, if Billy fucking Idol is on the list she should be.

Billy fucking Idol.

Billy Idol's on there? Dude, WHY?!?

Robert Smith (The Cure)
Morrisey (The Smiths)
David Johansen (New York Dolls)
Joey Ramone (The Ramones)
Lou Reed (Velvet Underground)
Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)
Bernard Sumner (New Order)

Morrisey is on there.

I have one of the Ramones on there.

Lou Reed is a great choice.

Was Brian Wilson the frontman, or was Mike Love?

I don't see Johnny Cash on this list...Does this mean he won't be in the tourney?

I absolutely believe he should be. His music created an entire genre known as Psychobilly, which is basically faster, harder, twangier rockabilly music. For that alone he should be on the list.

Morrisey is on there.

I have one of the Ramones on there.

Lou Reed is a great choice.

Was Brian Wilson the frontman, or was Mike Love?

Shit I missed Morrisey. I didn't see a Ramone on there, but it is Joey right? Don't see why it would be any other Ramone.

And Wilson was considered the front man, if they had one. Those harmonies man, it's like one angelic voice.

I absolutely believe he should be. His music created an entire genre known as Psychobilly, which is basically faster, harder, twangier rockabilly music. For that alone he should be on the list.

I have no doubt that he should be there, I'm just asking if he will be. He was one of the most legendary performers of the last century.

Gaga will NOT make the tournament.

I'd include Johnny Cash, sure.

Why not Billy Idol, D-Man. You have no trouble covering his songs.

Gaga will NOT make the tournament.

I'd include Johnny Cash, sure.

Why not Billy Idol, D-Man. You have no trouble covering his songs.

That's like saying since Bob Dylan's songs were popular that he's a great singer. Come on, man... total bullshit.

That's like saying since Bob Dylan's songs were popular that he's a great singer. Come on, man... total bullshit.

This is where the will be a lot of debate. I will side with you on this one D. Bod Dylan is the shit and one of the most iconic figures in music, but he was NOT a great singer. Where as a guy like Geoff Tate is an amazing vocalist but most people couldn't really give a shit about him.

This is where the will be a lot of debate. I will side with you on this one D. Bod Dylan is the shit and one of the most iconic figures in music, but he was NOT a great singer. Where as a guy like Geoff Tate is an amazing vocalist but most people couldn't really give a shit about him.

Same goes for Myles Kennedy. One of the most amazing rock vocals I've heard in YEARS and he gets zero to no recognition because Alterbridge isn't more popular than it currently is. Hopefully, Slash's band will change that but I doubt it.

Same goes for Myles Kennedy. One of the most amazing rock vocals I've heard in YEARS and he gets zero to no recognition because Alterbridge isn't more popular than it currently is. Hopefully, Slash's band will change that but I doubt it.

I fucking hate Alterbride. Genuinely.

With that being said, Kennedy is a fucking beastly vocalist. So much damn power. I remember the first time I heard him sing, my friends band was recording a couple songs and the producer showed us a live video of them playing. I hate the music but holy shit was I impressed.

Armbar, I had to delete the post you made in the Music thread itself because it was technically spam. For safety, let's keep suggestions in here. I'll accept as many suggestions as you have, though we will cut to 128 singers for the tourney.

Armbar, I had to delete the post you made in the Music thread itself because it was technically spam. For safety, let's keep suggestions in here. I'll accept as many suggestions as you have, though we will cut to 128 singers for the tourney.

Shit, I had a couple of windows open and I thought I had posted that in here. My bad boss.

[CENTER
This year's tournament will be split into 5 regions:

Region 1 - Singers and Frontmen
Region 2 - Lead and Rhythm Guitarists
Region 3 - Bass Guitarists
Region 4 - Drummers and Percussionists
Region 5 - Misc. Musicians (keyboards, etc.)

Sorry if I repeat....

1._ Myles Kennedy, Bruce Dickinson, Dio, Dave Grohl (for frontman) , Tarja something from Nightwish, Lemmy (both) Adrián Barilari. WHO? An argetine singer from a band called Rata Blanca. Yeah he isn't going to win cause they aren't mainstream outside South America, but I just called it out for you to checked out ;)

2._ Syn. Gates/Zacky Vengeance, Murray/Smith, Mustaine/Freedman (or Broderick), Petrucci,

3._ John Paul Jones, John Myung, Steve Harris, Elefson (spelling?)

4._ John Boham, Neil Peart, Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Keith Moon, Dave Grohl (yep better drummer)

Gareth "The Acest Bassist" Wright from Mind The Gap for bassist

I'd also like to nominate Gareth Wright. The way he fuses riffs together put him light years ahead of his time. It's a shame Mind the Gap burnt out so quickly, but at least they never faded away.

Alter Bridge is everything that is wrong with modern rock music. With every song they release, rock and roll dies a little bit.

I'm not even going to get riled up about this thing and how many obscene omissions there are so far. Not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back