• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nominate Bands for the WZ Rock Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do we get matchups for the 80's?

Great question!

I want to have those done either tonight or tomorrow, if I have time. I've been MAD busy lately, and this tournament has been the one really fun thing I've been doing. I also need to fix some of the other brackets, such as the 50's / 60's to include Hendrix. Then, I will submit the brackets for finality and schedule the first round of the tournament.

I've never been a big thing of anything really in the 70-80 era. So ill post up some of mine for 2000's and 90's. If any arent on the list... Think about it there all prety good bands.

1 System of a down
2 36 crazyfists
3 Coldplay
4 5 finger death punch
5 Devildriver
6 Airbourne
7 Chevelle
8 10 years
9 All that remains
10 Soilwork

Just 10 i think I could prolly comeup with more. Can i also nominate bands that are more metal then rock? I could prolly get a few great unknown bands in here for metal if i put my mind to it.

ok, im kinda late to the party, but heres my lists from the 70s on
70s
AC/DC
Ozzy Osbourne
Iron Maiden
Van Halen (David Lee Roth)

80s
Metallica
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Van Halen (Sammy Hagar)
Sammy Hagar (Solo)
Rush

90s
Rage Against the Machine
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
AC/DC (Thunderstruck Era)

00's
Killswitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine
S O A D
Disturbed (idk when theyre from)

Sorry if these bands have already been said

ok, im kinda late to the party, but heres my lists from the 70s on
70s
AC/DC
Ozzy Osbourne
Iron Maiden
Van Halen (David Lee Roth)

80s
Metallica
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Van Halen (Sammy Hagar)
Sammy Hagar (Solo)
Rush

90s
Rage Against the Machine
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
AC/DC (Thunderstruck Era)

00's
Killswitch Engage
Bullet for My Valentine
S O A D
Disturbed (idk when theyre from)

Sorry if these bands have already been said

All but two of the artists you listed (Bullet for my Valentine and solo Hagar) are already in. By the way, aren't you the guy with the hot girlfriend?

Where is Limp Bizkit in the list?

Granted they sound shit now, but back at the end of the 90's, these guys were everywhere?

Eberyone I knew had the Chocolate Starfish album, Rollin was on radio syndication around the country. They headlined festivals, sold shitload of merchadise and crossed over metal and hiphop into the mainstream.

Where is Limp Bizkit in the list?

Granted they sound shit now, but back at the end of the 90's, these guys were everywhere?

Eberyone I knew had the Chocolate Starfish album, Rollin was on radio syndication around the country. They headlined festivals, sold shitload of merchadise and crossed over metal and hiphop into the mainstream.

Ah DUDE! We had everything figured out, brackets looked good, and NOW you go and bring up a band that, in theory, has a legitimate claim to a spot among the other 127. If Bizkit gets in, someone else is out. I will appeal to the field in a separate thread.

90's Update - Tonic is Out, Limp Bizkit is in. Also, "Defiance, OH" has been replaced with "Spacemen 3" at the request of Xfear, since it is his wild card pick.

I wish I had paid closer attention to this, because Modest Mouse should definitely be in there.

I'm pretty sure they are.

They are right? Right? Because if they aren't, agreed, they need to be in ASAP. Throw out some generic nu-metal band no one has ever heard of, or some one hit wonder from the 90s, which I think there are still quite a few of.

They are right? Right? Because if they aren't, agreed, they need to be in ASAP. Throw out some generic nu-metal band no one has ever heard of

I know KoRn but who the fuck is Modest Mouse?

Korn isn't exactly a "generic" nu-metal band. More like the prototypical nu-metal band.

Modest Mouse is an indie-rock band. They had a Number One hit with that song "Float On", perhaps you remember that?

Oh, so their "indie" so that automatically means their great? Oh I see.

No I don't remember the song, I might have heard it but really don't pay attention too bands I've never heard of or sound like shit.

Oh, so their "indie" so that automatically means their great? Oh I see.

No I don't remember the song, I might have heard it but really don't pay attention too bands I've never heard of or sound like shit.

And who the fuck said that they're automatically great because they're "indie"? Indie is a genre of music. I wasn't even the fucking one to suggest them, but they're incredibly popular, and sell out STADIUMS across the world. So they need to be in here.

And how would you know they sound like shit if you've never even heard them?

Just a guess and to be straight up honest, you suggested (said they should be in) them so that gave me a hint.

Wow, flame-bait much Wes? Grow up.

I don't have time for your childish shit, so respond or don't respond to this, I couldn't care less.

How is stating I think the bands you suggest are shit a flame bait?
shrugbetter.gif

Your just grasping into thin air now. In fact, look at what I found.

Xfear said:
Justin, anything you have to say about music is worthless. Your taste in music is on par with Colamania it's so bad. You're the guy who thinks Bob Dylan and the Beatles suck and apparently have had no influence in the world of rock

Flame bait much Xfear?

Where the fuck did I ever say the Beatles and Bob Dylan had no influence on the music industry!?!?, I remember saying that I think both bands suck, but I don't ever remember saying they had no influence, Jesus fucking Christ, just cause I say that I think a band sucks doesn't mean that I don't think they've had any influence

And please IC25 finshes setting up the '80s matchups so we can close this thread, seeing as how people are just continuing to nominate bands for regions that have been finalized, at least to the best of my knowledge

The thing about Modest Mouse is that yes, they are indie, but they are one of the most influential indie bands out there today. Their latest album not only did huge sales, but was also critically acclaimed by just about every critic out there. Just about every album they've put out has been praised by critics, and they've probably been one of the best bands of this decade.

damn Im not meanign to stir shit up and I think the bracket should stay how it is but looking at some of the bands that are in their I have no doubt that The Mars VOlta deserves to be in there over at least one of them, but like I said I dont care that their not in and the bracket should stay the same

Ok, this getting a bit ridiculous, people not every damn band you like is going to be able to be in this thing, if we added every single band then this tournament would drag on for years, there are already like 128 bands alone in the 90/00's region, how many more do you want in there?!?, fuck I think that's twice as many as any other region in this entire tournament

The thing about Modest Mouse is that yes, they are indie, but they are one of the most influential indie bands out there today. Their latest album not only did huge sales, but was also critically acclaimed by just about every critic out there. Just about every album they've put out has been praised by critics, and they've probably been one of the best bands of this decade.

Never heard of them to be honest

Modest Mouse easily deserves to be in this thing over some of the bands nominated. Sell out stadiums across the world, critically acclaimed, best selling albums, top ten hits, what more criteria is needed?

They can easily take the spot of Tantric/Days of the New, or Eve 6, or the Crash Test Dummies (Why is a one hit wonder in this?). There are plenty of one-hit wonder filler bands in the region that could be taken out for Modest Mouse.

And they are highly influential, but I'm sure now that I've said that Justin will jump down my throat about how much they suck.

I would agree that Modest Mouse should be in there, but not over Eve 6. They are one of those bands that you can listen to the entire album and not have to skip over any certain number cause you know the track blows. No Eve 6 is a solid band from the 90's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back