The Wrestlezone Rock Tournament Final Four

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
50's / 60's Region Champion
Led Zeppelin
led-zeppelin.jpg

Victories over The Who, Elvis, and the Rolling Stones in the last 2 rounds sent Paige, Plant, and co. to the regional championship and the final four, where they will meet 70's champion Queen. The strength of Stairway to Heaven was just enough to put them over songs like Yesterday, Behind Blue Eyes, and Paint it Black - as a #3 seed, this didn't come as a huge shock in the toughest and most stacked region in the tournament.

70's Region Champion
Queen
Queen.jpg

After tossing aside everyone in their path by significant margins, Queen had little trouble disposing of Pink Floyd to win the 70's Region as a #2 seed. The versatile, original sounds of Mercury, May, etc. makes Queen a legit threat to bring their own styles of Rock-Opera straight to the tournament championship.

80's Region Champion
Metallica
img_11932_metallica_450x360.jpg

Nobody, perhaps other than Queen, has had an easier time in the tournament so far than Metallica, who dismantled Guns N Roses within two days of voting to win the 80's Region - the only #1 overall seed to make the Final Four. Despite controversy regarding their later work, the legacy of Metallica's music style very obviously lives on.

90's / 00's Region Champion
Foo Fighters
Audionovinky-FooFightersInYourHonor_1.jpg

Few people saw this coming - a 17th seed like Foo Fighters winning the largest region of the tourney. 128+ bands in the region, and Dave Grohl's second effort ends up standing when the Grunge, Brit Rock, and Metal dust settled, dispatching Nirvana and the Red Hot Chili Peppers along the way. They will face Metallica in the final four.

Matches will be posted Sunday Night or Monday Morning, EST.

You know I was just thinking about the music tournament earlier today, and how it hasn't been mention much as of late, and I come home and find this thread, but now onto my predictions

Led Zepplin vs. Queen, well it seems like Queen has got a lot of support in this tournament, and have had a good run, beating out Pink Floyd who I thought had the better chance at winning the 70's region at the beginning of this thing, I see Queens run continuing as I think they'll take out a band that has been said to be the greatest bands of all time by some through out this tournament, this should be a close match up, but I just think there are more people that favor Queen over Zepplin, so I see Queen winning and going to the finals

Metallica vs. Foo Fighters, well I'll be surprised if Foo pulls what could be the biggest upset of this entire tournament, nobody has even come close to touching Metallica in this thing, and I don't think Foo will either, I fully expect another thorough thrashing by Metallica, sending them to the finals, which means....

My prediction for the WZ Music tournament finals is METALLICA vs. QUEEN, which will be an awesome match up, should be interesting to see which band has the most supporters here on WZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back