90's Bracket Discussion

I'm amazed Feeder didnt even make the tournament, they are one of the biggest bands in UK history. Also I'm amazed that Velvet Revolver not only were seeded high enough to be able to knock out the Killers which was absoloutely ludicrious (shame on anyone who voted for them), but also got in the tournement over bands like the Zutons and Kasabian. And now we have Oasis and Prodigy facing off, this tournament has been far too biased towards the american bands, both in seeding, and selection IMO. That been said I am happy with the majority of the bands in the tournament

Question: Will there be re-seeding after every round as long as the bands are in the 90's/00's region (or 80's or 70's)? If not, when will it stop?

By re-seeding I mean the lowest surviving seed automatically hitting #1, the #2 hitting the next lowest seed, etc.

Question: Will there be re-seeding after every round as long as the bands are in the 90's/00's region (or 80's or 70's)? If not, when will it stop?

By re-seeding I mean the lowest surviving seed automatically hitting #1, the #2 hitting the next lowest seed, etc.

Great question. Re-seeding occured only to get the # of bands in each region to 64. Now, the 64 remaining bands will be placed in a bracket, and no re-seeding will occur for this region. The 80's will re-seed when it hits 64 bands. The 70's and 50's/60's will not reseed at all since they started with 64 bands.

With the final field of 64 finally set for the 90's / 00's Region, I have updated and completed the actual bracket with all seeds in place. No re-seeding will occur from this point on, so the winner of #1 vs #64 will actually face the winner of #32 vs #33. Here is the link to the bracket - some really cool potential regional matchups!

I knew I forgot to mention someone in the nominations. Fun Lovin' Criminals. Shit I knew someone was missing but I just couldn't remember until just now. Shit they would have been a better addition to this thing than say Creed. Shit that would have meant that Saliva would get knocked out, a good thing.

A lot of potential with this bracket, I'm just upset that we're going to be losing QotSA in this round. I think Soundgarden is going to take them out.

I forgot to ask this earlier, but why is Slayer in the 90-00 Region? They obviously should be in the 80s, as they came out with their best music in the 80s, and were one of the big 4 pioneers of thrash metal. Just wondering.

I forgot to ask this earlier, but why is Slayer in the 90-00 Region? They obviously should be in the 80s, as they came out with their best music in the 80s, and were one of the big 4 pioneers of thrash metal. Just wondering.

I don't know much about Slayer, so my decision to place them in the 90's / 00's region was either based off of a) Board nominations, or b) lists I researched on the net. There are a few bands that straddle decades, but when push comes to shove, it's really semantical.

32 Bands Remain in the 90's / 00's Region!!!

After a number of weeks we have narrowed the 90's / 00's region down from 128 bands to only 32, but with still 5 rounds to go. The round of 64 was certainly exciting in the 90's / 00's region, with a few upsets, a few routs, and ALL clear cut winners - no ties. As it stands, the next round of 90's / 00's region matches (which will kick off in a couple weeks, after a few 80's, 70's, and our first round of the 50's and 60's) look like this:

Nirvana vs Velvet Revolver
Radiohead vs Foo Fighters
Stone Temple Pilots vs Pantera
Live vs Muse
Green Day vs The White Stripes
Rage Against the Machine vs Nine Inch Nails
The Offspring vs Disturbed
Smashing Pumpkins vs System of a Down
Pearl Jam vs White Zombie
Marilyn Manson vs Oasis
Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Fuel
Soundgarden vs Korn
Alice in Chains vs Blink 182
Tool vs Sublime
Bush vs Weezer
Dream Theatre vs Prince

The bracket itself may be viewed HERE:
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?edit=1&tid=270127&tclass=90's / 00's Region

Damn the next round has some tough match ups in it, STP vs. Pantera, RATM vs. NIN, & Tool vs. Sublime are all going to be close IMO, Personally I think RATM vs. NIN will be the toughest match up yet, both are great bands that have had a huge impact on music, and both fans have incredibly strong fan followings, it should be interesting to see who comes out on top in that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back