• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL Hockey LD 2013 Season

Apparently Gabby had the answer to the that question.
he did it 3 times, so he definitely knew the answer.

Rask was mighty impressive tonight. As was Lundqvist. And the number of people surprised by that? Nobody.

Awesome game, wish the Rangers could have gotten it in regulation, but a win is a win.

Thought he had a great game against the Flyers. He's been the least of our problems, though.

He hasn't been the biggest problem, but it just feels like he isn't what he was last year (or even all that close for that matter). But you're right, until now, the offense was the problem. Hopefully playing a lesser team will help them get in a groove and reel off some W's.

Redden had his first goal for St. Louis in our win tonight. What happened to him in New York? I've only gotten bits and pieces.

Redden had his first goal for St. Louis in our win tonight. What happened to him in New York? I've only gotten bits and pieces.

Contract, and partially on poor play as well. The Rangers signed him to a 6-year/$39M deal out of free agency. He's a solid NHL player, as you're now getting to see, but he was never worth $6.5M a year against the cap.

Reds has never been fleet of foot, and in Tortorella's uptempo system he was falling farther and farther down the pecking order, making his contract look uglier and uglier as each year passed. Eventually, the team realized they couldn't get away with carrying that cap hit for a guy who was no better than a third pairing player on the team, so he was sent to the AHL, where he stayed for two straight years.

He did a lot in his time there, but both sides agreed he deserved a shot at the NHL again, as it was obvious the Rangers were never going to give him that shot, at that price, so they bought him out (early) to give him that chance.

Glad to see him succeeding with the Blues. He's a great guy, and a solid player (not great, but solid) who took his demotion in stride and never made the situation worse by bitching and complaining. In fact, Ryan McDonagh credits him personally with helping him really develop his game in the AHL, with the Whale.

He hasn't been the biggest problem, but it just feels like he isn't what he was last year (or even all that close for that matter). But you're right, until now, the offense was the problem. Hopefully playing a lesser team will help them get in a groove and reel off some W's.

I disagree. I don't blame Hank for any of the Rangers' woes thus far this year. He and Nash have been the most consistent players on the team since the start of the season.

The issue has been a lack of offensive cohesion and really poor defensive positional play — both of which looked much, much better tonight.

Contract, and partially on poor play as well. The Rangers signed him to a 6-year/$39M deal out of free agency. He's a solid NHL player, as you're now getting to see, but he was never worth $6.5M a year against the cap.

Reds has never been fleet of foot, and in Tortorella's uptempo system he was falling farther and farther down the pecking order, making his contract look uglier and uglier as each year passed. Eventually, the team realized they couldn't get away with carrying that cap hit for a guy who was no better than a third pairing player on the team, so he was sent to the AHL, where he stayed for two straight years.

He did a lot in his time there, but both sides agreed he deserved a shot at the NHL again, as it was obvious the Rangers were never going to give him that shot, at that price, so they bought him out (early) to give him that chance.

Glad to see him succeeding with the Blues. He's a great guy, and a solid player (not great, but solid) who took his demotion in stride and never made the situation worse by bitching and complaining. In fact, Ryan McDonagh credits him personally with helping him really develop his game in the AHL, with the Whale.

Solid's all we need, our defensive depth was really lacking coming into this year. Glad to hear that he seems to be a good guy in addition to being a solid player. Apparently the goal tonight was his first NHL goal in 2 or 3 years, which is crazy

Solid's all we need, our defensive depth was really lacking coming into this year. Glad to hear that he seems to be a good guy in addition to being a solid player. Apparently the goal tonight was his first NHL goal in 2 or 3 years, which is crazy

Yup. I'm happy for the guy. Always liked him. Never liked his contract.

So IDR, how are you feeling about Rupp being traded to the Wild for Powe, & Palmieri? I'm not really sure how to feel about the trade yet as I really don't know much about any of the guys involved. Obviously I'm hoping this works out for us, though I could easily see it being a better deal for your Rangers in the long run as you seem to be getting few younger guys.

Sorry, just seeing this now.

I like the trade a lot. Liked it then, too. Rupp is a fantastic veteran leader, but his game has been regressing quite a bit since the mid-way point of his first year here after he injured his knee, and his role with the club has been diminishing since. He's never been a strong skater, and in Tortorella's skateskateskate system he seems to be instilling again, Rupp looked painfully out of place.

Powe is a great penalty-killer and a Prust-like player who can excel here if he takes to his role well.

Palmieri is AHL insurance with Miller called up, but a longer-term project that could pay dividends if his development gets back on track.

Keep in mind — Rupp is not a bad hockey player, by any means. He's just too slow for the Rangers' system anymore. He's one of the best guys you can add to a room in the NHL, though. He'll do wonders for so many of the young boys coming into the Minney room in the next two seasons or more, provided his career can continue after this deal expires.

Solid hockey trade.

On a related note. Rangers 3, Bruins 1. Less than 5:00 to go in the third. Rangers looking at their third straight win if they can hang on.

Pretty wild finish in the Canadiens/Lightning game as well. Another game with a 3-0 deficit erased late in the third period.

Hey, considering they were trailing by three late in the third period, I'll gladly take the single point and run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back