• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL Hockey LD 2013 Season

Little bit of a rocky start to the season for the Rangers, with consecutive losses to start the season, leaving them in the basement and with Lundqvist getting pulled in his last outing. Granted I realize it's early, no reason for panic or anything. Cruel and unusual punishment, though, giving them Bruins, Penguins, then Bruins again to open the season.

Rough start indeed. I'm not blaming the schedule, though. I blame the lockout and the fact that so much of this club refused to go overseas. There's a reason that guys like McDonagh, Nash and Del Zotto are the best looking skaters on the ice — they all went to Europe to keep up in "game shape". The guys who didn't go, and really didn't do much but lightly practice the entire summer are the ones struggling the most, which means it's gonna take a couple of weeks before they're back in the groove, I'd imagine.

My fear isn't that they wont' rebound, because obviously they will. Rather, I fear that it'll take too long in a dash season and we'll forfeit too much of a shortened year and be forced to scramble just to make the playoffs, or get back into the playoff picture.

Ultimately though, I have little concern right now, because my biggest concern was Rick Nash, who should have curbed any and all doubters the last two nights with his place on the ice.

[YOUTUBE]DC8PViKfapw[/YOUTUBE]

Oh I have no doubt they'll rebound and be just fine. I didn't see last night's game, but I saw game one versus the Bruins and I didn't think the Rangers looked too bad in that one. The Bruins looked strong, but that game could easily have gone the other way.

Nash will be just fine (he better be due to the fantasy pool), but he may experience a little bit of growing pains, going from the anonymity of Columbus to the microscope he'll be under in New York. But at the end of the day, he's simply too talented to suffer too many ill effects of the move.

Plus, that switch to LW seems to be suiting him quite nicely ;)

I could watch this all day long

[youtube]nNbHZOoa3FU[/youtube]

3 pts. (1G, 2A) in 2 games, dude is earning every penny of that big contract so far.

Oh I have no doubt they'll rebound and be just fine. I didn't see last night's game, but I saw game one versus the Bruins and I didn't think the Rangers looked too bad in that one. The Bruins looked strong, but that game could easily have gone the other way.

Nash will be just fine (he better be due to the fantasy pool), but he may experience a little bit of growing pains, going from the anonymity of Columbus to the microscope he'll be under in New York. But at the end of the day, he's simply too talented to suffer too many ill effects of the move.

Plus, that switch to LW seems to be suiting him quite nicely ;)

What switch to LW? ;)

I could watch this all day long

[youtube]nNbHZOoa3FU[/youtube]

3 pts. (1G, 2A) in 2 games, dude is earning every penny of that big contract so far.

LOL. It's been two games, dude. That contract is gonna come back to bite the Wild in the ass eventually. That much is certain, but I'm glad to see Zach doing well at home.

What switch to LW? ;)

LOL. It's been two games, dude. That contract is gonna come back to bite the Wild in the ass eventually. That much is certain, but I'm glad to see Zach doing well at home.

Maybe down the road, but I think they'll be fine for a few years yet. It's certainly working out better for them than that ridiculous Kovi deal is working out for NJ, or that big contract they just gave Zajac. I really can't help but ask wtf is Lou doing there? Does he realize they're broke?

They're not actually broken any more. Jeff Vanderbeek is now the majority owner of the club, and shored up their debts this past summer. They're still not making bank, but they're not on the verge of bankruptcy any longer.

The point I was trying to illustrate, though, is that respective to the new CBA, every long-term deal is going to come back to bite the teams that employed them in the ass. That means the Parise/Suter deal, the Kovalchuk deal, even the Brad Richards deal, etc. will all end up hurting their clubs due to the new restrictions and rule changes within the CBA.

Canucks defense looks awful without strength up the middle from Kesler. Clearly Schneider needs to just focus on the game and not worry about pressure from the fans and the media. I could see Luongo going to the Bruins for Seguin or Marchand for Bruins top goalie prospect. If the Canucks try to trade Luongo for the world Canucks will not make the playoffs with the two goalies feuding over who should be the started seeing both have mentioned they won't be the backup!

Canucks defense looks awful without strength up the middle from Kesler. Clearly Schneider needs to just focus on the game and not worry about pressure from the fans and the media. I could see Luongo going to the Bruins for Seguin or Marchand for Bruins top goalie prospect. If the Canucks try to trade Luongo for the world Canucks will not make the playoffs with the two goalies feuding over who should be the started seeing both have mentioned they won't be the backup!

You can see it all you like. It'll never happen. That's the type of trade you might be able to pull of playing XBox, but it has no real-world value. The Canucks have no leverage in a deal for him, let alone enough to warrant pulling back a guy as good as Seguin. To think you're gonna end up with Malcom Subban in addition is just ludicrous.

You also have to realize that BobbyLu has a no-trade clause, and the only team on the list he is known to be open to a trade with is the Florida Panthers.

It was just a thought. Obviously with the new CBA it is even harder to trade top tier talent under contract. I think at the end of the day Canucks are going to throw a swerve and trade Schneider. I think they can get more in return for him and I also think he doesn't have a no-trade clause. If Schneider goes on the block the four teams that comes to mind that could want his services would be Leafs,Habs,Flyers,and Devils

Now I know why it's against the law to text or use your phone while driving, because I nearly put my car right off the road a little while ago! Luongo to the Bruins?!? For Seguin or Marchand and the rights to Subban? I'd personally pay the psychiatric costs for Pete Chiarelli if he even thought about such a move. Luongo is not needed in Boston. They have the present in Rask and the potential future in Subban. And with Boston's recent success and Luongo's sudden inconsistencies, why would the Bruins even have a remote interest in his services? Plus, Seguin would be virtually untouchable for me, and certainly not for a goaltender they don't need in the first place, who is potentially "damaged goods".

I'd like to see Luongo end up in Tampa Bay, but I doubt it will happen. Toronto or Florida could happen, but I'm not sure they're going to be able or willing to pay the price to get him. Personally, I think I know where Luongo will end up: in Vancouver. I see him spending the whole lockout shortened season there, platooning fairly evenly with Schneider due to the compacted schedule. Whoever steps up to the plate more will get the post season nod, with the odd man out getting dealt in the off season. Simply put, the Canucks have too much invested in Luongo to let him go for next to nothing, especially considering post season meltdowns aside, he's been pretty solid for them, as consecutive President's trophies would indicate. His contract and no trade clause will make moving him challenging, and I'm not sure Vancouver management has fully given up on him, despite what the more vocal fans may have you believe.

I know I'm a bit late, but if we are posting goals here are my additions. The first one was an excellent pass by former 1st round draft pick Ian Cole, but the 2nd was all Tarasenko. As I saw someone say on Twitter, you aren't supposed to be able to do that in your first NHL game against NHL-level competition.

Looks like the Wings have turned shit around, granted they're playing the Blue Jackoffs, & only up 2-1 after 2 periods...

Should be another fantastic match-up tonight with the Bruins and Rangers playing their second game in less than a week. Fully expecting a resurgent Rangers' club to kick it into gear after dropping the first two games with really soft, unengaged play.

What's been up with the Rangers so far, IDR? Most of the pre-season stuff I read had them as one of the best in the East, but it seems like they've struggled out of the gates.

They're sabotaging themselves by taking really bad, early penalties in every game.

The Pens game was a prime example of this. Asham drops the gloves with Glass to get the crowd worked over. They're into it, chanting and cheering, and the very next shift they take a stupid early penalty that ends up giving the Pens a 1-0 lead on a PPG. It sucked the life out of the entire building, and had them scrambling and clawing from that moment on in the game.

I also think there's a bit of rust and a tad bit of unfamiliarity with the new faces in place, because what most people dont' realize is that we turned over like 25% of the forwards on the team in the off-season. It wasn't just Anisimov and Dubinsky gone for Nash. We left Mitchell, Prust and Fedotenko all walk, bringing in Asham, Pyatt and Halpern.

The biggest kicker for me is the penalty kill, though. With Prust gone, the PK took a bit hit, and one probably much larger than most thought would be the case, so it's gonna take a bit before the new PK'ers on the team learn to work with one another again. Guys like Halpern have done it their entire careers, but they're brand new to this team, with these players, so it's gonna take a few games with no pre-season or early regular season to bank on for helping with chemistry.

I'm not that worried, honestly. The 0-2 start isn't even that concerning. Not nearly as much as how soft they've looked when you realize the team you are talking about, and calling soft, because they're anything but that. Keep in mind, too, that the Flyers and Canucks have also come out to similar 0-2 starts (0-3 with the Flyers), so it's not just the Rangers who are stumbling out of the gate.

My guess is they bounce back well tonight.

Tuukka motherfucking Rask!!! Rags gotta be thinking "how the fuck do we get the puck past this fucker?!?" after the way that 3rd period ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back