Expansion of NHL Broadcasts

Should TSN,CBC,and Roger Sports be available in US Hockey markets

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

scomvp316

Getting Noticed By Management
As we have seen over the last few years on NBC Sports Broadcasts for the NHL they have installed similiar presentation that TSN has been doing for a little while. As I am a Canadian I enjoy TSN,CBC,and Roger Sports broadcasts over any of the US Hockey broadcasts. I just think in Canada they understand the hockey fan a little more and really work hard on the presentation. The question is do you think the Canadian Government in 2014 for the first time to make TSN,CBC,and Roger Sports Hockey Broadcasts available to other cable systems in US Hockey markets?

When I was growing up I used to get CBC and CTV in Buffalo, NY.

Is this not the case anymore? Why would your gov't prevent this? Are you sure it isn't a demand from US Cable systems? I would assume the proprietors of these networks would command a pretty penny for their programming (all those original Degrassi Jr. Highs don't come cheap, unlike Stephanie Kay). Plus from what I remember Canadian broadcasting has different standards in the programming they allow. More language and skin and less violence.

Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't paid attention for aboot (not a typo) 13 years but I am not sure if this is really a gov't issue.

I do know in the Buffalo and Detroit markets CBC is available. I know with DirecTV outside of those two markets both CBC and TSN are not available because the Canadian Government won't release broadcasting rights. With this issue coming up in 2014 as both TSN and CBC will be re-negotiating broadcast rights with the NHL the NHLPA is concerned if these two networks are available in more US Markets that the union won't see a dime of that new revenue. I am not sure how CBC standards would carry over to some of the FCC rules. I think the best way for CBC to be aired in the US is to keep their standards much like how GOLTV had similiar issues but kept their integrity of the network with broadcasting in other countries

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back